Map Problem Reports

MetalGearSolis

That kid with the avatar
Reaction score
First one I'd like to start for is Estranged. You spawn outside the bedrock spawn when you go through the portal, and if the lava is up already, you die from lava. Please put any other reports
Here's a Template

Map Name:
Problem/Glitch:

• Love
Reactions: Kuromono13

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
First one I'd like to start for is Estranged. You spawn outside the bedrock spawn when you go through the portal, and if the lava is up already, you die from lava. Please put any other reports :)
That bug includes a few other maps too, I believe it has been fixed now though. It was a horrid bug this morning.

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Name: Estranged
Problem: If somebody goes up on to the wall it is possible for them to get down underneath the map using an enderpearl.
Solution: Change the underside of the map to void.

New one

Map: Falls
Problem:
If you break the center dirt block lava will flood out of it and will thus flood the map (I am not sure if this was on purpose but thought I would mention it)

Solution:???

Numberplay

Reaction score
Map Name: Glacier
Problem/Glitch: In angry rounds, lava turns into cobblestone and obsidian when it touches water/ice and that cobblestone and obsidian melts. Then the process repeats. That physic is okay until you play Glacier. The map is filled with ice and everyone lags. People crashes, get no fps, rages, etc.
Solution: Leave obsidian unmeltable in angry rounds or change the physics to make water change block instead of lava.

• Agree
Reactions: Spencer75

Forseti

The Presiding One
Donor
Reaction score
Just an update for this thread, since it actually is useful.

Estranged: You spawn outside the bedrock spawn when you go through the portal, and if the lava is up already, you die from lava.
- definitely fixed

Paradise: There is an area next to spawn where no one can break blocks. It is annoying when people make a spawnhouse there and someone blocks it off.
- no more spawnhouses, not sure about breakable blocks though
Estranged: If somebody goes up on to the wall it is possible for them to get down underneath the map using an enderpearl.
- no more map walls, but bottom still exists?

Falls: If you break the center dirt block lava will flood out of it and will thus flood the map.
- I have no idea where this is, Dessern5; the closest I found had stone on the bottom, not dirt, and had no lava behind it

Glacier: In angry rounds, lava turns into cobblestone and obsidian when it touches water/ice and that cobblestone and obsidian melts... ...The map is filled with ice and everyone lags.
- I recently played this during angry, and it didn't seem that noticeable. no complaints either.
SEE BRAM'S POST BELOW

JungleCanyon: On the bottom of the map there is the lava lake but I found that players will camp there now because it is an easy spot to survive.
- not too sure about this really being that big of a deal
I finally got to see it, and there really should be a timer down there (or just an opening)

I will try my best to look into these, assuming the maps are played. Thanks to all who submitted these!

Thunderskins

Reaction score
Apparently this thread does not like me and would not post the pictures but on the map corruption there is a prebuilt adminium house below the end portal which is very unfair making it too easy to build houses also its only the end portal near the spawn for the map the other one is made of dirt

W

Wimali

True that. It's made with bedrock, chiselend stone bricks and the end portal itself as roof. The only thing the player needs to is place 9 bricks or something and AFK for the rest of the round. It's in one of the end portals with the small lake in it. I just thought I'd post a picture of it to clarify some stuff :p

• Dislike
Reactions: buildbuild12

Spencer75

Reaction score
Map Name: Paradise

Problem: None of the timers are clearly marked, and there have been numerous times where players have made houses on them and died. Blocking the lava in their house so it can't flood the rest of the map.

Solution: The first 4 in the corners are fine, they just need marking. The rest either need moving or get marked properly as they're in the middle of the map.

W

Wimali

Agreed. I see lots of people building right on the volcano, and then their house floods. Why? Lava spawns right in their house. Or they accidently block the lava timer.

• Dislike

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
True that. It's made with bedrock, chiselend stone bricks and the end portal itself as roof. The only thing the player needs to is place 9 bricks or something and AFK for the rest of the round. It's in one of the end portals with the small lake in it. I just thought I'd post a picture of it to clarify some stuff :p
Make lava under the end portals instead, a little "surprise" :D

buildbuild12

Reaction score
Mapname: Descent
Problem/Glitch: You spawn in the air above a giant hole and land on water, then have to risk your life to get up to the surface, but the real problem is that when the hole is flooded, players spawn in the air and right down to lava and die. I also saw the map submission on the RoF forums, and the spawn where players should spawn, didn't work. I also have this screenshot: http://imgur.com/klXAF9O

alex joined, spawned in air and fell right down on the lava

• Agree

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Map Name: Oasis
Problem/Glitch: In my opinion the timers are far to spaced out (time wise). Having 10 and 15 minutes between timers is a bit ridiculous and adds to people wondering if they broke.
Solution: Add more timers.

EDIT:

Map Name: Oasis
Problem: The spawn floods (lava will go up into the spawn zone) causing people to die upon login.
Solution: Enlarge the spawn protection zone.

W

Wimali

Map Name: Halcyon

Problem: The build limit is a fair few blocks higher than the lava. People will go above the lava and not get cookies. They can build at least 5 blocks above the last wave of lava.

Solution: Make the build limit to the same height as the lava goes.

• Dislike

Spencer75

Reaction score
Map Name: Biomes

Problem/Glitch: The lava waves are too spaced out between the start of the round to the finish. The Lake biome and the Taiga biome don't flood past halfway up until the last 3 minutes. And also there are voids between the bedrock walls of each biome that can be accessed by going onto the roof in the Taiga biome, and then falling into them.

Solution: Edit the timers to flow earlier, and fill in the voids between the rooms with bedrock.

RaizzanX

Trash
Controller
Donor
Discord Staff
Reaction score
Map Name: Quarks
Problem/Glitch: Timers does not work properly, we spent the entire round not surviving from the lava. Sorry I got no prove but BiggestKirbyFan, buildbuild12 can vouch for it.
Solution: Edit the timers to allow it to flow.

• Agree

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Map name: Biomes
Problem: In two spots it is able to get outside of the main map and into the tunnel portions inside of it. They are in the following pictures (and what it looks like out of it).
Solution: Block these off with bedrock.

Amorix

Reaction score
Map: All of them
Problem: If the round ends and you're writing a book, you lose all progress you made on that book.
Solution: Possibly some kind of warning system. Like, an usual sound or something that plays in the last thirty seconds of the round that tells writers to save their progress so this doesn't happen as often.

Reactions: cooliorules

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Map: All of them
Problem: If the round ends and you're writing a book, you lose all progress you made on that book.
Solution: Possibly some kind of warning system. Like, an usual sound or something that plays in the last thirty seconds of the round that tells writers to save their progress so this doesn't happen as often.
I would recommend a countdown from 10

• Agree
Reactions: FrenchSanta12