Map Problem Reports

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Map: Pixels
Problem: The space above the bedrock ceiling is accessible via jump boots now. Also there's random stuff and a water temple.
Solution: Extend the bedrock, remove sponge and water temple.

Also, this space is literally a free home to anyone that pillars up here...
Map: DR_Psycho
Problem: There is a pocket of air after everything floods that people can get cookies in. By simply doing /slay when there is 30 or less seconds in the map and then jumping into the lava and swimming 2 blocks to the right and straight up, someone can get up here within the 30 seconds of invulnerability and use the air to get cookies.
Solution: Move the lava timer one block up, or fill this space.

Map: Industrial_Zone
Problem: There is this bedrock ledge that's in the build area that allows anyone to shift there and hunt ores very easily.
Solution: Extend the ledge up to the ground level, like it was done in Falls.
Well, might as well post them and get them fixed now? Or maybe we should start a new thread for these. It seems bad just to leave the errors in just because they're cumbersome to fix...

Map: Wall_Maria
Problem: Players can place a block here but they can't destroy it.
Solution: Fix the region

This thread is more than a year old but it's still stickied so I think it's still valid - if it's not the right place for these then please unsticky it. More to come later :D

Map: [Classic]Void
Problem: Players can place a block here but they can't destroy it.
Solution: Fix the region

Pixels: I readjusted the mapbounds and removed the sponge block above. I left the spawned water temple alone.
DR_Psy: Added additional barriers to stop players from getting cookies in air pockets.
Industrial Zone: Extended bedrock to cover stone areas outside of map.
Wall_Maria: There doesn't seem to be a region within that area except for the "Global" region which is the entire map. I tested this de-op'd and as a player and got the same result. It seems like the area extends to the floor as well. I have no idea why it does this.
[Classic]Void: Tested it and got the same result. It looks to be the same issue with Wall_Maria.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Map: Lobby
Problem: Most furnaces, brewing stands, etc. can't be accessed in all shops because players lack permission
Solution: give perms
  • I fixed the regions for the Brewing Stands and Furnaces in the areas that I could find.
  • The ladder and glass shops have to do with the shop plugin.
  • That string that you're looking at - I couldn't find a region in there, I guess it has to do with activating that piston?
  • I wasn't able to fix the mailbox region because players were able to build there but still couldn't access the mailboxes.
  • Hall of Fame is fine- no changes needed.
  • Please don't lag pillar.
  • What are you looking at in these two screenshots kuilin

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Map: Oasis
Problem: The map doesn't flood fully, it almost does but it doesn't. Standing on a pillar here guarantees safety.
Solution: Adjusting the last timer to add 5-10 seconds should do it.

Last edited:

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Map: [Classic]Magic
Problem: The first timer is outside the map. The leaf block is the limit at which players can place, and the lava appears two blocks outside the map zone and thus doesn't flow.

Butamou

Grandmason
Contributor
Reaction score
Map: Bob
Problem: The small area behind spawn is a free house. There is a marked bedrock timer but it never fires.
I always thought this was intentionally due to the fact spawn is floating in air away from any blocks, this would allow players a chance/home when the round was done because trying to make a home as a low-ranked player in that situation is nearly impossible. Bedrock is not always indicated as a timer. Could always check the timer list or ask the creator though to verify.

• Informative
Reactions: Mastersten

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Map: Oasis
Problem: The map doesn't flood fully, it almost does but it doesn't. Standing on a pillar here guarantees safety.
Solution: Adjusting the last timer to add 5-10 seconds should do it.

Map: [Classic]Soar
Problem: Does not flood fully
Name: Void
Problem: Map never gets fully flooded due to the last timer activating too late
I updated the timers for these three maps, but didn't fully test them - I just subtracted a few seconds from each timer!

Map: [Classic]Soar
Problem: First marked timer never gets activated
I removed that bottom timer from the config, but never updated the map itself so that's why It didn't show up as releasing lava as it was essentially a fake timer. -Updated.

Map: [Classic]Magic
Problem: The first timer is outside the map. The leaf block is the limit at which players can place, and the lava appears two blocks outside the map zone and thus doesn't flow.
I adjusted the map boundary for this map so this should be fixed.

Map: Bob
Problem: The small area behind spawn is a free house. There is a marked bedrock timer but it never fires.
I readjusted the spawn boundary and covered this area up - No free homes for you!

Thanks for submitting these map-bug reports, guys!

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
I always thought this was intentionally due to the fact spawn is floating in air away from any blocks, this would allow players a chance/home when the round was done because trying to make a home as a low-ranked player in that situation is nearly impossible. Bedrock is not always indicated as a timer. Could always check the timer list or ask the creator though to verify.
I thought that too. It would have the same effect as a regular spawn if it were flooded. They can build off the floor like a regular flooded spawn.

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Map name: Lobby
Problem: There's misinformation in the tutorial
Iron blocks never melt:

Netherrack never melts (not too sure about this one but the spreadsheet says so)

Also the kotl needs updating and it needs a description or some floating text explaining what it is. Since it's probably gonna be changing relatively rapidly, maybe a command block that /clone's it might be helpful.

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
Iron blocks never melt:

Netherrack never melts (not too sure about this one but the spreadsheet says so)

Also the kotl needs updating and it needs a description or some floating text explaining what it is. Since it's probably gonna be changing relatively rapidly, maybe a command block that /clone's it might be helpful.
The tutorial is being worked on, don't worry ;)

Reactions: kuilin

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score
Map: Rebirth
Problem: It's (close to) impossible to build a spawnhouse on all moods after the spawn has been covered in lava.
Solution: Fix it

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Map: Rebirth
Problem: It's (close to) impossible to build a spawnhouse on all moods after the spawn has been covered in lava.
Solution: Fix it
I kept the spawn safe zone the same size, but I extended some areas out from the original spawn and placed bedrock underneath. Hopefully this fixes the problem!

Iron blocks never melt:

Netherrack melts on Angry, but Iron Block doesn't melt on Angry. I decided to replace the iron block one with a wither head.

Last edited:
Reactions: Velzerat

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score
Hikari is supposed to be called Hikari_to_Yami (c'mon, change it for its third anniversary on RoF ;) )
Iwaya_o_Niwa was supposed to be re-named to Tranquility as per the remake (but that never happened)