Map Problem Reports

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Map Name: Spaced_Out by rawrmynameisrex

Problem/Glitch: Map does not fully flood, you can make a pillar at a corner of the map (coords will be in screenshot)

Solution: Make the last timer (the one at the very top) flood sooner (it floods at 1 minute left) than before time is up or make the timer in the middle of the map.

EDIT: As you can see from the picture Bib was on, but I had to go, so I couldn't show it to him, and you can really be at 3 corners of the map and get cookies easily.
Fixed

• Thank You
Reactions: asaechao

Refrigerated_Elements

Dear Apparition
Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
Due to the fact that I looked at a list of maps and made a list of maps that need fixing, there will be no pics. If needed I can take pics as I see the maps.
EDIT: Some of these are opinions
Map Name: Nightmare
Problem/Glitch: The Blindness II is way to harsh. The command blocks that cause the Blindness II should be toned down or removed.

Map Name: Melonia
Problem/Glitch: The whole surface of the map floods way too quickly. 5 minutes after the round starts the whole surface of the map floods.

Map Name: Natures_Lost_Land
Problem/Glitch: The houses are made out of silverfish blocks.

Map Name: Various nether maps
Problem/Glitch: The amount of zombie pig men and magma cubes is too god damn high.

Map Name: Darkmaze
Problem/Glitch: When its night the desert gets overrun by a extreme amount of mobs.

Map Name: Estranged
Problem/Glitch: The map was removed for reasons noone knows.

Last edited:

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Due to the fact that I looked at a list of maps and made a list of maps that need fixing, there will be no pics. If needed I can take pics as I see the maps.

Map Name: Nightmare
Problem/Glitch: The Blindness II is way to harsh. The command blocks that cause the Blindness II should be toned down or removed.

Map Name: Melonia
Problem/Glitch: The whole surface of the map floods way too quickly. 5 minutes after the round starts the whole surface of the map floods.

Map Name: Natures_Lost_Land
Problem/Glitch: The houses are made out of silverfish blocks.

Map Name: Various nether maps
Problem/Glitch: The amount of zombie pig men and magma cubes is too god damn high.

Map Name: Darkmaze
Problem/Glitch: When its night the desert gets overrun by a extreme amount of mobs.

Most of these are just quirks that make said maps fun and unique. They add a bit of difficulty, but they give the map character. If all the maps just needed the same few things for survival it would get quite boring quite fast.

W

Wimali

I remember asking Ogarci or something why it was removed, the reason is because everyone fucking hated it (the only reason people voted for it was because it was a 25 minute map)

Most of these are just quirks that make said maps fun and unique. They add a bit of difficulty, but they give the map character. If all the maps just needed the same few things for survival it would get quite boring quite fast.
I disagree. The problem on Melonia is definitely a huge flaw, I've got the feeling the silverfish blocks on Natures_Lost_Land wasn't intentional + it's an XP farm, the blindness on Nightmare is just annoying (but I feel like it is in fact part of the map), and zombie pigmen are horrible because if one asshole decides to attack them, everyone is pretty much dead.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I remember asking Ogarci or something why it was removed, the reason is because everyone fucking hated it (the only reason people voted for it was because it was a 25 minute map)

I disagree. The problem on Melonia is definitely a huge flaw, I've got the feeling the silverfish blocks on Natures_Lost_Land wasn't intentional + it's an XP farm, the blindness on Nightmare is just annoying (but I feel like it is in fact part of the map), and zombie pigmen are horrible because if one asshole decides to attack them, everyone is pretty much dead.
my second argument was going to be anarchy anarchy anarchy

superhalo6

Reaction score
Map Name: On The Hunt
Problem/Glitch: The timer is not spaced out and causes massive lag due to the large amount of lava, enough to cause me to lag for 6-7 minutes and can cause players to crash.

W

Wimali

Map Name: On The Hunt
Problem/Glitch: The timer is not spaced out and causes massive lag due to the large amount of lava, enough to cause me to lag for 6-7 minutes and can cause players to crash.
This was an insolated incident and should not happen again. If it does, feel free to respond to this thread again and/or yell at me.

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Map Name: Glacier by Razinao

Problem/Glitch: The wheat as far as I recall should be fully mature on map generation.
Shouldn't be rain? Supposed to be snowing?
Mooshrooms/cows are non existent. Used to be a fair handful of cows.

Elandrir

The dutch moose
Reaction score
On the map Icevault from MikeTang, there is one layer where lava doesnt flow.
Solution make building limit lower/ set timer higher.

Amorix

Reaction score
Map name: On_the_Hunt
Problem: I apologize for saying this, and I don't want to offend the map creator, but I can't possibly say this in any other way that gets my point across; this is not a good map. The mobs add an unnecessary level of difficulty to the map, the end of the maze contains essentially nothing, and- I know this has already been said- the lag that happens when the lava starts up renders the map basically unplayable.
Solution: I feel this map needs to be removed from the server.

Again, I did not mean to offend the map developer; Please don't be angry.

• Love
Reactions: SparklyMuffinz

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
This thread is more than a year old but it's still stickied so I think it's still valid - if it's not the right place for these then please unsticky it. More to come later :D

Map: [Classic]Void
Problem: Players can place a block here but they can't destroy it.
Solution: Fix the region

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
this happens so much in so many places on so many maps its not funny.
Well, might as well post them and get them fixed now? Or maybe we should start a new thread for these. It seems bad just to leave the errors in just because they're cumbersome to fix...

Map: Wall_Maria
Problem: Players can place a block here but they can't destroy it.
Solution: Fix the region

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Map: DR_Psycho
Problem: There is a pocket of air after everything floods that people can get cookies in. By simply doing /slay when there is 30 or less seconds in the map and then jumping into the lava and swimming 2 blocks to the right and straight up, someone can get up here within the 30 seconds of invulnerability and use the air to get cookies.
Solution: Move the lava timer one block up, or fill this space.

Map: Industrial_Zone
Problem: There is this bedrock ledge that's in the build area that allows anyone to shift there and hunt ores very easily.
Solution: Extend the ledge up to the ground level, like it was done in Falls.

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score
Map: Lobby
Problem: Most furnaces, brewing stands, etc. can't be accessed in all shops because players lack permission
Solution: give perms

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Map: Pixels
Problem: The space above the bedrock ceiling is accessible via jump boots now. Also there's random stuff and a water temple.
Solution: Extend the bedrock, remove sponge and water temple.

Also, this space is literally a free home to anyone that pillars up here...

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Map: Lobby
Problem: Most furnaces, brewing stands, etc. can't be accessed in all shops because players lack permission
Solution: give perms
All of the problems in Lobby:

These chests should be public because they're the staff mailboxes.

Hall of fame needs updating

On a related sidenote, I really don't like the barrier blocks and worldguard regions in lobby. Lag pillaring was harmless fun, just for exploring the Lobby from unusual angles (and when it wasn't harmless fun, I made sure to report it as it should be done). I feel that the slight reward of an unusual or interesting scene from, say, atop the grandmaster sanctum, is well worth the time investment and frustration that lag pillaring requires, and seriously considered it as a viable passtime almost as fun as lava survival itself.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Psycho