[GAME OVER - TOWN WIN] The Comedy Club

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
There you go, using that word again, "information"
I was asked to give my name, which I hardly believe is a significant bit of information.
What sort of "information" were you asked to give?
I was asked to give my name and a joke.

If you weren't asked to give a joke, do you think it's significant that I was and you weren't? And if so, how?

• Agree
Reactions: Nottykitten

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
No, I was asked to give I joke, I just thought it strange to refer to a joke as "information" since, as far as I'm concerned, that counts as information only in as much as it is a string of Unicode characters stored in a database somewhere.

Mafia Host
Reaction score
No, I was asked to give I joke, I just thought it strange to refer to a joke as "information" since, as far as I'm concerned, that counts as information only in as much as it is a string of Unicode characters stored in a database somewhere.
Then why did you not mention it? Do you not think that Inffy might have a use for said joke, given that the game is titled "The comedy club"? And that we're voting to send a person out on stage to make the audience (whom or whatever that may be) laugh?

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Then why did you not mention it? Do you not think that Inffy might have a use for said joke, given that the game is titled "The comedy club"? And that we're voting to send a person out on stage to make the audience (whom or whatever that may be) laugh?
Why is me not mentioning the questions strange.
Or are you referring to after I started asking about you using the word "information?"

If you are, I was thinking that maybe the mafia got different questions or something and if I said "I got asked for a joke" it would give it away.

webpaige

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Why is me not mentioning the questions strange.
Or are you referring to after I started asking about you using the word "information?"

If you are, I was thinking that maybe the mafia got different questions or something and if I said "I got asked for a joke" it would give it away.
why not say there was a second part instead of just name though

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I was thinking that maybe the mafia got different questions or something and if I said "I got asked for a joke" it would give it away.
I was running off the theory that mafia did not get asked for a joke - that's why I was being vague about what I was asked to tell Inffy initially. Hence why I thought you not mentioning that you got asked for a joke, despite the flavor text indicating that having a joke prepared is significant, was odd.

webpaige

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Because I didn't want to give it away that there were any other questions in the first place, just to be sure.
but if you're town then leaving it out makes you seem like you're a different, possibly scummy role when you could have been vague about the question which would leave them guessing

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I was running off the theory that mafia did not get asked for a joke - that's why I was being vague about what I was asked to tell Inffy initially. Hence why I thought you not mentioning that you got asked for a joke, despite the flavor text indicating that having a joke prepared is significant, was odd.
but if you're town then leaving it out makes you seem like you're a different, possibly scummy role when you could have been vague about the question which would leave them guessing
I don't want them to be guessing about any other questions I might have been asked though. If they know there was another question, they have more information to use to construct a believable lie in the event they are trying to create one.

My questioning was more interrogation than fact finding mission. The decision to leave out the joke question was strategic (I had considered mentioning it).

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
tbh theory time that doesnt make complete sense!
what if we all have the same role right now, including the same alignment (town) and win condition
but when we get to read the pamphlet tonight, the hidden part of our roles unlock and tell us the backstory of a character from a previous version which we follow in the footsteps of, and if this character was mafia then we become mafia

i think this makes sense as:
  • it allows any of the new mafia/third party i guess to avoid any meta strategy of asking what the town's win condition is to prove alignment
  • we all have cue cards (i assume to write the same things judging by what others are saying), and my fairly bland role name links to it perfectly
  • the flavour text gives no indication of what the mafia faction would be
  • the flavour text suggests we were all brought here together as playthings of the host and so theres no differing quality between us right now other than what is included in our pamphlets
it would make for an interesting setup atleast!

the upside/downside is that (im assuming that the content of our pamphlets have already been decided) if there is a day 0 lynch then mafia (birthed tonight) could easily lynch fellow mafia (that would have been birthed tonight) making it harder for themselves and it would nullify any reads obtained from a day 0 lynch if this is correct, making day 0 worthless other than a time for theories and talking (i guess thats not worthless)

idk how to explain it as being an upside/downside but like it could aid all parties depending on the outcome if there is a lynch like town benefits if mafia lynch mafia, mafia benefit if town lynch town, people will not be able to be suspected based on what they did during the day 0 lynch since it was prior to actual role birthing so if an important town messes up they dont have to claim and if a mafia bandwagons on they won't be suspected and have to claim (i cant like explain this properly ok)

IDK im confused dont judge me
I had something similar in mind. A 'blind day zero' of sorts. I'm sure there are meta things to be said about setup balance but I don't feel we should get into that.

It should also be noted, it is not compulsory to fill out your cue cards. My working theory on them is that they're more of a last will sort of deal. Of course, it's likely that I'm completely wrong on that given that we have no idea how the intermission works.
And the fact that "name" is on them lends me to believe that a janitor is a possibility to keep in mind.

One final thing: I don't understand how you all can be so confident that voting someone on stage doesn't equate to a lynch. How else are we to make our lynch-kills, eh? It just seems foolish to vote someone "Just to find out" and even more foolish to volunteer. Since it's moog, I'd definitely expect Notty to take any early-game chance to vote him....And Omni I guess is meme-y enough to vote anyone for anything on day zero....If anybody else votes mooglie they're getting my vote immediately.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Alisha