[GAME OVER - TOWN WIN] The Comedy Club

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
The Complete Pamphlet:

You open the pamphlet on page 1. A crumpled and torn piece of paper sits inside, taped to the page.
He said the Darkness is afraid of the Light, a creature born of the sun, with two burning yellow eyes.

You open the pamphlet on page 2. A crumpled and torn piece of paper sits inside, taped to the page.
I visited the Library last night. I used one of the books’ paper to write my goodbye to Jamie. I just stuffed it in his pocket secretly during the next day. He read it and started to cry. Everybody asked him what was wrong and he volunteered himself to be put on stage instead of me. They agreed. He’s gone now. And it’s all my fault.

You open the pamphlet on page 3. Two separate pieces of paper, both crumpled and a little torn, sit taped to the page, one on top of the other.

I’m supposed to be spending the night with that weird girl tonight. The engineer. Only, I don’t fully trust that she’ll turn up. If she doesn’t… I’m a dead man.
Something’s wrong with Jacob. He keeps mentioning it. I’m not sure why, but I’m concerned. If it’s what I think, he’s going to get himself killed. Maybe we should put him up as the next Comedian… if he’s going to die anyway at least he can take the bullet for one of us. Does that make me a monster?

You open the pamphlet on page 4. Two separate small, torn scraps of paper sit taped to the page, one on top of the other.
They just… silence. They didn’t laugh like they always do. And then he was taken away, and he was never seen again.

But if we can destroy it, and its followers… maybe it’ll rest.

You open the pamphlet on page 5. Two separate pieces of paper, both crumpled and a little torn, sit taped to the page, one on top of the other.

The audience. Who are they? My research in the Library has turned up nothing of value. I wonder if they know this Darkness, or if they too are victims of it themselves.
We have been trapped here for ten days. In that time I have read all the books I could manage. They told me a truth that has changed my destiny forever. I can become more than a Follower like those cowards.

You open the pamphlet on page 6. A crumpled and torn piece of paper sits inside, taped to the page.

According to the logbook the soldier had on him, there was one night of peace. He mentions how the followers’ kill attempts are much easier to stop than the Darkness and considers that to be the reason. But he also considers ‘friendly fire’. I wonder, does <the rest of the page is torn away>

You open the pamphlet on page 7. A dark and faded photograph sits inside, taped to the page.

The photograph seems to have been taken inside a small, empty space. A dark wall with what looks like white chalk writing is the focus. It reads:

You open the pamphlet on page 8. A torn piece of paper sits taped to the page.
But The Darkness can haunt anybody’s mind. For those poor souls, it can either learn their nature or send them into a deep sleep.

You open the pamphlet on page 9. A torn piece of paper sits taped to the page.
A key… he mentioned it before night fell in his note to me. He said if he got enough Light he could use ‘them’ as a key, and then he’d be able to fulfil his destiny. I’m not sure why he entrusted me with this information, but I have a feeling that it’s in case he dies tonight… And I have a feeling that whatever he's planning, it's something that won't be useful for anybody else. I don't know. He's just very secretive about it. I have a feeling I shouldn't waste any time trying to help him.

You open the pamphlet on page 10. Inside, a small sketch of a map is taped to the page. It looks like a rough drawing of the same map the monitor displays, but with nothing blacked out. Under each room name there is a small note:

Lobby
80% 2 Wire

Auditorium
80% 1 Battery

Upstairs Dressing room
80% 1 Scrap Metal

Bathroom
80% 2 Battery

Lighting box
80% 2 Microchip

Library
80% 1 Paper

Basement
80% 1 Wire

Downstairs Dressing Room
80% 1 Cog

Kitchen
80% 1 Scrap Metal

Restaurant
80% 2 Battery, 1 Cog

Costume Room

80% 1 Cog

You open the pamphlet on page 11. Three separate pieces of paper, all crumpled and a little torn, sit taped to the page, on top of one another.
I can’t do this anymore I can’t do this anymore I can’t do this anymore I can’t do this anymore I can’t do this anymore I can’t do this anymore I can’t do this anymore I can’t

It’s strange, and I know this is probably just insanity because I’ve been through so much but, I feel as though I’m sort of regaining some sort of sentimental value for some things that I don’t really know how to explain. Some of the things I have, when I look at them, I start to well up. I have this distinct feeling that I’ve seen them before. Before all this. The Cue Card and the Pamphlet. It feels like I had them before I even got here and every time I look at them I want to cry, like they mean something more than just… I don’t know. The same thing happens when I look at my flashlight, but a lot more intense. When I look at that, there’s this feeling of… strength and sadness and sort of a fierce loyalty that overcomes me. Writing this now I feel even more insane than I did when it was just in my head. Maybe this place is really getting to me.

They betrayed us all by becoming ‘followers’ of it. I don’t know why. And they kill for it. Not all the time. It’s rare. But it happens. And they probably don’t feel a thing. They’re probably just like the audience. They probably just laugh. Cowards, every one of them. As soon as we’ve built that machine we’ll be able to find them out. And not even the God of fucking Darkness can save them then.

You open the pamphlet on page 12. A dark and faded photograph sits inside, taped to the page.

The photograph seems to have been taken inside a small, dark room. A body is lying on the floor. On the wall behind it, written in white chalk, reads: "The Followers Claimed This Putrid Soul"

You open the pamphlet on page 13. A crumpled and torn piece of paper sits inside, taped to the page.
Why are they always so pleased? Why can’t they just find one fucking thing boring? Why does everything make them fucking laugh? I can’t do it. They’re going to choose me next and I can’t do it. No matter what I say. No matter what I do. They’ll laugh. Because they’re fucking stupid idiots morons monsters fucking deserve to fucking snap their bones and fucking grind their fucking little eyes into little fucking balls and fucking chew them up and make them squirm and squeal and make them feel so much pain they’ve never felt before and make them feel just how we feel forever and ever and then we’ll see if they laugh at that

You open the pamphlet on page 14. Taped to the page are two crumpled pieces of paper. The first has what looks to be a diagram for some sort of large pole-looking object - a long, vertical line with a short horizontal line across the top, and two more shorter poles sticking up from each side of the horizontal line. Beneath it, the diagram seems to be showing what looks like a construction process.

The words 'Totem of Light' are written on the top.

A note is scribbled on the bottom right of the page:

Battery x 6

On the bottom left, a few small notes are written:

Clears a room from being out of bounds for 1 night
Uses spiritual energy to power
Spiritual energy replenishes after every third night - aka can't use more than once before 3rd night for e.g.

Below the piece of paper with the blueprint, a small sketch of a map is also taped to the page. It looks like a rough drawing of the same map the monitor displays, but with nothing blacked out. Under each room name there is a small note:

Lobby

80% 2 Wire

Auditorium
80% 1 Battery

Upstairs Dressing room
80% 1 Scrap Metal

Bathroom
80% 2 Battery

Lighting box
80% 2 Microchip

Library
80% 1 Paper

Basement
80% 1 Wire

Downstairs Dressing Room
80% 1 Cog

Kitchen
80% 1 Scrap Metal

Restaurant
80% 2 Battery, 1 Cog

Costume Room

80% 1 Cog

--

Blueprint unlocked: Totem of Light [Requires 6 x Battery.]

You can build this either alone or with others in your room at Night.

To build alone, say 'Build Totem of Light' in your role PM.

To build with others, say 'Build Totem of Light' in your room chat during the Night. Then, if others in your room chat say 'Contribute <number x item> in the room chat during that Night, they can contribute to the building process. Once all required items have been contributed, the contributed items will collectively become 1 Totem of Light. This Totem of Light will be given at random, and privately, to one of the people who both (a) have the Totem of Light blueprint unlocked and (b) said 'Build Totem of Light' in the room chat.

Once a Totem of Light has been acquired, the person can plant it in an Engulfed room during the day by saying 'Plant Totem of Light <room>' in their role PM (can be changed as many times as the person wants up until Day end). This will cause them to plant the Totem in that room during the 1 minute countdown after Day, and anybody can then enter that room that Night, despite the monitor still showing it to be out of bounds (as the monitor gets updated just before the Totem of Light is planted).
If more than one Totem of Light are attempted to be used in one day, one will be randomly selected to work. The other will fail and anybody attempting to enter the room it was placed in will be told they feel discouraged to do so, and must choose a new room.

Once a Totem of Light has been planted, it cannot be reused - another must be built in order to use a Totem of Light again.

Only those who have unlocked the blueprint for the Totem of Light can initiate the building process.

You open the pamphlet on page 15. A crumpled and torn piece of paper sits inside, taped to the page.
I found some old notes. It’s from old survivors. We aren’t the first ones to be trapped here. There was another group, and the exact same thing happened to them as is happening to us right now. But there was something else that we haven’t seen. [Unintelligible] they decided, for whatever reason, that it was their new destiny. They somehow found a way to make the audience not laugh at them. And that’s how it happened.

You open the pamphlet on page 16. Taped to the page are two crumpled pieces of paper. The first has what looks to be a diagram for some sort of machine on it, showing what looks like a construction process.

The words 'Soul Verification Machine' are written on the top.

A list of items is scribbled down on the bottom right of the page:

Cog x 5
Battery x 5
Scrap Metal x 5

Wire x 5

On the bottom left, a few small notes are written:

Place in corner of any room and shine with flashlight.

Uses emergency power from building - emergency power restored at end of every third night.
Each Machine only 1 use.
Takes a few hours to show results.

Use to find the Darkened.

Below the piece of paper with the blueprint, a small sketch of a map is also taped to the page. It looks like a rough drawing of the same map the monitor displays, but with nothing blacked out. Under each room name there is a small note:

Lobby

80% 2 Wire

Auditorium
80% 1 Battery

Upstairs Dressing room
80% 1 Scrap Metal

Bathroom
80% 2 Battery

Lighting box
80% 2 Microchip

Library
80% 1 Paper

Basement
80% 1 Wire

Downstairs Dressing Room
80% 1 Cog

Kitchen
80% 1 Scrap Metal

Restaurant
80% 2 Battery, 1 Cog

Costume Room

80% 1 Cog

--

Blueprint unlocked: Soul Verification Machine [Requires 5 x Cog, 5 x Battery, 5 x Scrap Metal, 5 x Wire.]

You can build this either alone or with others in your room at Night.

To build alone, say 'Build Soul Verification Machine' in your role PM.

To build with others, say 'Build Soul Verification Machine' in your room chat during the Night. Then, if others in your room chat say 'Contribute <number x item> in the room chat during that Night, they can contribute to the building process. Once all required items have been contributed, the contributed items will collectively become 1 Soul Verification Machine. This Soul Verification Machine will be given at random, and privately, to one of the people who both (a) have the Soul Verification Machine blueprint unlocked and (b) said 'Build Soul Verification Machine' in the room chat.

Once a Soul Verification Machine has been acquired, the person can plant it in a room it by saying 'Plant Soul Verification Machine' in their role PM during a Night. The room chat they are in will be notified that a Soul Verification Machine has been planted in the room, and that everybody may vote for somebody in that room to use it by placing a vote in the room chat. By the end of the Night, the one with the most votes will use the Soul Verification Machine and the results will be told to everybody in the room chat with the Soul Verification Machine planted in, the following morning.

If more than one Soul Verification Machines are attempted to be used in one night, one will be randomly selected to work.

Only those who have unlocked the blueprint for the Soul Verification Machine can initiate the building process.

You open the pamphlet on page 17. Two separate pieces of paper, both crumpled and a little torn, sit taped to the page, one on top of the other.

It’s been two weeks at least. Probably a lot more. I can’t take it anymore. I don’t want to be here anymore. I’m going to offer myself up as tonight’s comedian. And I’m going to stand in the centre, my chin up and proud, and I’m going to say “Fuck you.” And then I’m going to die. And it’ll be my choice, not theirs.
After they worshipped it, they received gifts of the mind. And they were granted permission to wander the club, but only rarely. The Darkness is too greedy and wants most of the blood for itself.

You open the pamphlet on page 18. A dark and faded photograph sits inside, taped to the page.

The photograph seems to have been taken inside a dark room. Five bodies lie on the floor. Behind them, on the wall, writing is scrawled in white chalk: "Their Sacrifice Will Be Forgotten". In the bottom right corner of the photograph, in small writing, is "S. Winters".

You open the pamphlet on page 19. Two separate pieces of paper, both crumpled and a little torn, sit taped to the page, one on top of the other.
What’s outside of these walls? There’s no way to know. Will I ever see Lucy again? Is she with John? Is she safe? I can’t stop the questions, they just circle and circle and circle and circle

The engineer is always secretive. I think they’re planning something. They were holding a huge horde of batteries last night and refused to tell me why. I’m not sure whether I trust them.

You open the pamphlet on page 20. A crumpled and torn piece of paper sits inside, taped to the page.
There Is Only One Way To Survive The Darkness
Join It

You open the pamphlet on page 21. A crumpled and torn piece of paper sits inside, taped to the page.
The Darkness takes on the form of a mortal when a new group of people enter the Club. In the process of doing so, it weakens the body it possesses. It cannot leave it until it is satisfied, and even it, in mortal form, cannot pass from dark to darker in the out of bounds rooms, or its body would be destroyed. But it can still have some control over the darkness around it. It can still use it to take lives. And that process is, for the most part, completely unstoppable. Only those with darkened, dead souls survive it.

You open the pamphlet on page 22. A crumpled and torn piece of paper sits inside, taped to the page.
We need to find a way out before we all die. I don’t know who is a traitor amongst us but if they just stop these killings I promise I will forgive them. I promise. I can’t do any more than that. Just please, make them stop before it’s too late for us all.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Overall, great game. I loved the ideas behind a lot of the roles and the "learn as you go" style of the game. I don't think the game played out exactly as you had in mind, but I think it turned out well.

Well played to Notty, you almost had me. Had I not seen you make similar appeals in the past, I may have gone for it and let you live on.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Really enjoyable time everyone, despite being the recipient of the 'Charlie Brown' award! xD

Thanks Inffy for hosting such an elaborate game, and you've made the best flavortext and theme I've ever experienced out of all the games I've seen!

• ❤
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Well played to Notty, you almost had me. Had I not seen you make similar appeals in the past, I may have gone for it and let you live on.
=(

I thought maybe my bussing Hk would help but in the end I think I bussed too hard. Also Oog did well calling me out on mistakes/lies multiple times (except for the flavour thing I was right there!)

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
(except for the flavour thing I was right there!)
Agreed, I guess I explained it poorly in the Kitchen that night

I said that I only knew something happened because my role was investigative - and theorized that if I wasn't then I wouldn't get a message of any sort - which is exactly what happened to Oog on night 1