[GAME OVER - TOWN WIN] The Comedy Club

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
also im not voting the host because the voice said not to test its patience
That statement came directly after telling to select someone to send on stage, so maybe no lynching is what might set our host off?
Choose someone to go out on stage and perform. And don’t test my patience, or theirs.
And testing the patience of the person going on stage is a bad idea as well?
Perhaps the person we send on stage has some extra powers or something?

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
i think i deserve points for being second
disagree
if you're mafia and have this unrevealed thing, and see ltin (town) claiming the same thing, you now know that it is not limited to just mafia and thus it is safe to claim! this would also be reinforced if you were able to relate it to the flavour text
only ltin is town in my book!!

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
When I received my role PM, I had to reply to Inffy to provide him with some information.
  • My current theory is that this information will be used if I end up on stage at some point.
ya im pretty sure everyone has this judging by
Oh, and you also have a little card as I’m sure you’ve noticed. Write something on it. Freezing up on stage is the last thing you want to happen to you. Believe me.

For that matter, I wouldn't rule out mid-game alignment shifts either.
do you mean a cult or something

don't panic as the people to panic die first
this seems flavour to me since i can't think of any way to quantitatively measure panic as a death mechanic since i will argue with inf post-game if this exists!!

voting worked well in the past but what does that mean, does that mean this game has an established history that needs to be uncovered?? also why does it say voting worked well when they said all the previous groups died
ya im pretty sure some of the history will be revealed tonight when parts of roles get revealed judging by
You have a pamphlet. It was originally an advertisement for this club but I asked one of the last batch to make it into something more useful. It’s a collection of notes and diary entries and photographs that the last batch made before they all died.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
this seems flavour to me since i can't think of any way to quantitatively measure panic as a death mechanic since i will argue with inf post-game if this exists!!
yeah thats true but its still good advice! i heard inf likes his cryptic hints so anything goes imo

ya im pretty sure some of the history will be revealed tonight when parts of roles get revealed judging by
i agree

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
tbh theory time that doesnt make complete sense!
what if we all have the same role right now, including the same alignment (town) and win condition
but when we get to read the pamphlet tonight, the hidden part of our roles unlock and tell us the backstory of a character from a previous version which we follow in the footsteps of, and if this character was mafia then we become mafia

i think this makes sense as:
  • it allows any of the new mafia/third party i guess to avoid any meta strategy of asking what the town's win condition is to prove alignment
  • we all have cue cards (i assume to write the same things judging by what others are saying), and my fairly bland role name links to it perfectly
  • the flavour text gives no indication of what the mafia faction would be
  • the flavour text suggests we were all brought here together as playthings of the host and so theres no differing quality between us right now other than what is included in our pamphlets
it would make for an interesting setup atleast!

the upside/downside is that (im assuming that the content of our pamphlets have already been decided) if there is a day 0 lynch then mafia (birthed tonight) could easily lynch fellow mafia (that would have been birthed tonight) making it harder for themselves and it would nullify any reads obtained from a day 0 lynch if this is correct, making day 0 worthless other than a time for theories and talking (i guess thats not worthless)

idk how to explain it as being an upside/downside but like it could aid all parties depending on the outcome if there is a lynch like town benefits if mafia lynch mafia, mafia benefit if town lynch town, people will not be able to be suspected based on what they did during the day 0 lynch since it was prior to actual role birthing so if an important town messes up they dont have to claim and if a mafia bandwagons on they won't be suspected and have to claim (i cant like explain this properly ok)

IDK im confused dont judge me

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Joining the train of people that don't know everything about their role yet. I'm sure we'll find out once intermission starts.
what if we all have the same role right now, including the same alignment (town) and win condition
but when we get to read the pamphlet tonight, the hidden part of our roles unlock and tell us the backstory of a character from a previous version which we follow in the footsteps of, and if this character was mafia then we become mafia
Some games the Mafia don't know who others are day 0 so this could be possible. Plus if voting someone doesn't actually mean lynching them then that would make it less of a chance the Mafia lynch their own day 0.

Speaking of which I feel 80% confident that voting someone won't lynch them and instead they're gonna go on stage and we're going to be judging them or something.

Vote Mooglie

webpaige

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Joining the train of people that don't know everything about their role yet. I'm sure we'll find out once intermission starts.

Some games the Mafia don't know who others are day 0 so this could be possible. Plus if voting someone doesn't actually mean lynching them then that would make it less of a chance the Mafia lynch their own day 0.

Speaking of which I feel 80% confident that voting someone won't lynch them and instead they're gonna go on stage and we're going to be judging them or something.

Vote Mooglie
maybe the top 3 or so get judged and we vote to eliminate the person based on cue card names?

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
tbh theory time that doesnt make complete sense!

i think this makes sense as:
  • it allows any of the new mafia/third party i guess to avoid any meta strategy of asking what the town's win condition is to prove alignment
  • we all have cue cards (i assume to write the same things judging by what others are saying), and my fairly bland role name links to it perfectly
  • the flavour text gives no indication of what the mafia faction would be
  • the flavour text suggests we were all brought here together as playthings of the host and so theres no differing quality between us right now other than what is included in our pamphlets
i don't think that theory makes much sense as much as i like it, then day 0 becomes worthless and we might as well draw straws - and mafia are gonna claim to be town aligned anyway so we can't prove it without making a leap of faith somewhere

maybe mafia are named differently but i think games without mafia knowing each other day 0 are a big screw you to them so maybe im biased there

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
i don't think that theory makes much sense as much as i like it, then day 0 becomes worthless and we might as well draw straws - and mafia are gonna claim to be town aligned anyway so we can't prove it without making a leap of faith somewhere
Maybe the day 0 isnt for lynching or whatever though but just here to lead us into intermission which does have a use.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
i agree since the flavortext never specified death

also what do you think the refuse option will do? i think it will toggle something probably bad but im curious

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Maybe the day 0 isnt for lynching or whatever though but just here to lead us into intermission which does have a use.
My biggest guess is intermission is linked to whatever choice we make today and we make more choices based off of that - and maybe we make choices that influence the following night too?

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
maybe the top 3 or so get judged and we vote to eliminate the person based on cue card names?
I think you're onto something with the cue cards since there's gotta be a good reason those exist but the flavortext makes it clear it's one person based on majority (oof i'm making flavortext arguments for once help)

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Here's a thought - is there some alternative factor that the host could use to "rate" the information we've given him? A few thoughts I have:
  • It could be some fixed, undisclosed factor (such as the length of the information provided, number of words, etc.)
  • Alternatively, it's possible that during intermission, we will have to pick out the information authored by the person on stage from a set of choices - either information authored by other players or information that Inf came up with himself.