[Game Over] Just Your Average Mafia Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Well in that case he's likely to pay for it tonight, meanwhile we guarantee a cop result no matter what so maybe the situation can resolve itself.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Well in that case he's likely to pay for it tonight, meanwhile we guarantee a cop result no matter what so maybe the situation can resolve itself.
eh he might be nightkilled tonight yeah

there's also the risk that we change lynches to the real doc and force them to out and then you die n2, vs if we just lynch tim and he's scum and you get to live past having 1 report

idk i just feel like this doc claim is so unlikely to be true it feels like its not even much of a risk to just lynch him but i dont imagine youre gonna agree with me

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
honestly at this point I think I agree with stranger, I think I either want a tim lynch or a no-lynch

I think tim's so likely to be scum that to me it's actually more of a risk to keep him alive and lynch someone else since we might get the real doc outed before they needed to had we just lynched tim (who is really, really scummy to me)

but if we can't lynch him then I don't feel confident about anyone else enough to lynch them today I don't think - comp's kinda scummy but I don't think i'd be okay lynching him (btw the reason I kept saying I'd go for comp next was since I was hoping it'd put off tim from claiming doc, if he foresaw we'd refuse to cc and lynch someone else, since he might then think he's putting his buddy in danger of being lynched today while he dies soon after)

plus now that we have our garunteed cop report tomorrow I feel like we could be okay without a lynch wagon to analyze (and we've got half of a lynch with tim to analyze once his alignment becomes clear tomorrow too)

so yeah I think i'm tim or no lynch at this point

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
eh he might be nightkilled tonight yeah

there's also the risk that we change lynches to the real doc and force them to out and then you die n2, vs if we just lynch tim and he's scum and you get to live past having 1 report

idk i just feel like this doc claim is so unlikely to be true it feels like its not even much of a risk to just lynch him but i dont imagine youre gonna agree with me
We took a risk trying to lynch D0 anyway

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Besides, since tim can get nightkilled in any of these scenarios, the only benefit to your plan is peace of mind for the next night and I'd rather not risk ending up with both doctor and cop dead by day 1.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Besides, since tim can get nightkilled in any of these scenarios, the only benefit to your plan is peace of mind for the next night and I'd rather not risk ending up with both doctor and cop dead by day 1.
yeah true i didnt consider the other scum team killing him off for us, in which case leaving him alive is a lot more convincing, especially since if he is scum he can take a bullet that a townie wouldve taken otherwise

im just not confident that he is gonna be nightkilled and the risk of him being doctor, to my mind, is like 1% so its tempting to just ignore it altogether and just lynch him and not risk having our doctor need to cc tomorrow and kill you earlier than you needed to be

but hey its your life so ultimately ill no lynch if you really want me to

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
but i predict that

tim is scum

doesn't die tonight

real doc cc's

real doc dies n2

you die n3 after giving us 2 reports

and so its really tempting to just kill him off so that there's a chance that doctor and you stay alive to give us more reports

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
eh actually if we kill tim now that also increases chances of real doc dying tonight instead if we assume theres a chance the scum will kill tim tonight and tim's scum

alright yeah i think this is sensible

vote no-lynch

ill switch to comp maybe if others are on board, maybe UNU too actually, but i dont wanna get twg

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
(reason im ok nling now is since we'll get tim's alignment tomorrow after a half-wagon so that combined with garuntee cop report is probs enough to go off of so i dont feel lynching is as vital or worth the risk as i did before)

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
VOTECOUNT I'm going to be very careful about removing bodies before I tell you somebody has died me thinks.
Timdood3 - [1] - {Stranger from Planet 9};
Stranger from Planet 9 - [1] - {Timdood3};
TheWeakGuy48_ - [1] - {Alisha};
No-Lynch - [1] - {Infected_alien8_};

With 9 players it takes 5 to lynch and 5 to no-lynch.
The deadline is 12:00 Central, 17:00 GMT, on Tuesday, July 16th.

• Haha
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
reads (in order):
alisha - town obv
stranger - town since they're sticking their neck out quite a bit and letting themselves take spotlight which I don't think they'd do if they were scum because they can get away with staying more hidden because they're usually like that as town and it'd be beneficial for them to do that (and they know it would be since it worked for them last time they were scum)
TWG - town if considering past game behaviour patterns
sessy - slight town because others seem more likely to be scum than her + her reaction to me voting her was ok
hk - neutral
UNU - slight sk vibes
comp - moderate scum, entrance felt weirdly avoidant of any proper discussion by just lazer-focusing on a mechanic question and ignoring everything else, posts afterwards were all just talking to the host and avoiding anything else until we pressed for it, seems like he's avoiding talking to/about townies since he's scared of how we'll read him
tim - scum scum scum (don't think i need to repeat all the reasons here)

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
do you have an input on anything that's been said throughout the game
Not over the last 6 pages. I was going to say that if we’re going to no-lynch cop shouldn’t out so doctor wouldn’t be forced to save cop and we wouldn’t likely wouldn’t be in a MYLO tomorrow but then you claimed.

weak town read i get since you know him well, im interested in what you would have scumread me for otherwise, and also why do you townread comp while you scumread hkcaper when both have been very quiet
Just the gut feeling. Usually I’m having a better ‘luck’ with that than logical reasoning.

You was the way you turned on Inf, and the ‘follow the cop’ plan which I have my doubts on.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Alisha

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Lovely stuff to wake up to. Tim claiming doc is interesting... admittedly this makes him, imo, more suspicious (seeing as scum is likely to claim PR), however I don't think we should risk the chance of killing the doctor (as Alisha would be killed tonight. I'm open for a lynch on Inffy today or maybe even Stranger, but right now I'm not sure if that could even happen. Also I find it weird that Alisha would scumread me because I'm agreeable (if anything it's a compliment).

Vote Inffy

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Also has anything noteworthy happened in the last 9 pages. I don’t have too much time today either
me, stranger and alisha tried to lynch tim, he claimed doctor (like all scum would likely do ofc)

alisha wants to get twg instead, im no-lynching but im cool killing you or comp today too, stranger is also no-lynching

Reactions: Unusual_Dood

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I understand your skepticism, because you're right, scum in my position would likely claim doctor as well. Frankly, I'm still not sure how I got into this position; usually when you are cooperative and answer everything with the truth people go "yeah, seems legit." But in C9++ I thought I was super scummy and at one point actively tried to convince people that I could be SK but everyone was just "nah, he's cool." I truly have no understanding of how you people think.

The only reason that I can come up with for inf's absolute refusal to acknowledge my (even potential) towniness is that he already knows that I'm town, but is a master of subtle manipulation (as I've pointed out in previous games) so he knows he can turn everybody against me anyway. And Stranger is blatantly following everything inf says because he's his teammate.

The entire reason I'm in this situation as far as I can tell is because on page two or something I wanted to be active so I asked the first thing that came to mind without thinking too much about it: "Inf, do you have any thoughts on people claiming 'not Joe'?" And somehow that snowballed into this. Lesson learned, never ask an experienced player for their thoughts on something, because people will assume it's a suggestion, and then people that missed the initial post will see everybody saying "yeah he suggested we do this, which would be terrible for town" and assume that's the case when in reality it's "Hey, I think you're better than me at this, what do you think of this?"

....This rant probably serves no real purpose and I'm going to stop now because I'm only making myself more upset/frustrated. Not that it matters. Now that I've claimed I'm fucking dead either way.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.