[Game Over] Just Your Average Mafia Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'm about to leave for work, won't be able to even read the thread for the next ~9 hours. If I'm in lynched in that time, then I've been blitzed.
I'll be back before the deadline.
Feel like claiming? we likely won't have time to consider switching to someone else if you claim a couple hours before the deadline

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
So now that I'm on PC and have had a chance to backread properly I do have to pull back my townread on HK - his decision to just "follow Alisha" and his weird non-opinion on bessy seems like he's trying to avoid getting caught in an argument. To clarify, my initial townread on him came largely from me skimming and seeing "oh he said some stuff about sessybessy and he's not opposed to a no-lynch". But looking back, his statement on sessybessy says absolutely nothing useful about anything. And while I'm not opposed to lynching Tim (as I'm 80-90% sure he's scum) but outside of that I'd generally vote no-lynch at this point.

I do see Alisha's point about my votes coming across as opportunistic - I'll admit that my early vote on Inffy was hasty, I'm getting a more neutral read on him now that he's returned to making calm, logical essay posts like I'm used to. However, to expand on my logic for voting Tim, in addition to his OMGUS response to being voted, I feel like his vote on Sessybessy was very opportunistic, especially given that she's been pretty quiet thus far (this is the same reason I jumped on Inffy for voting Comp and sessy early on), and he hasn't really formed any opinions of his own, other than his theories of myself and Inffy being scum. This leads me to believe that he's afraid of posting any opinions of his own for fear that we'll tear them apart for being faked. To be fair, that's partially a natural reaction to being tunnelled by Inffy, but I think Tim's response in this case is deeper than that fear.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
if timdood is telling the truth then we're not lynching him today, maybe tomorrow idk

if he's lying he bought himself another day and that's an attempt to fish out the real doctor - real doctor in this scenario DO NOT OUT OR HINT OR ANYTHING JUST LET HIM SLIDE FOR A NIGHT

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I guess I'm beyond the point of being able to not claim, huh? I was really hoping to avoid it since now I'm dead. I'm doctor.
*And gotta go bye*
okay real doctor if you're out there don't cc pls since that'll be exactly what he wants you to do

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
I'd claim doctor as scum too, it's like the best claim you can make if you're gonna die, it doesn't sway me one bit

however I did decide that in the event of him claiming doctor I'd prob be fine lynching someone else for today just in case he *is* somehow doctor (i'm 99% sure he isn't) so that we garuntee you have at least 1 report, then we ask for doctor cc's tomorrow if he's still alive and if he goes uncc'd we lynch someone else but otherwise we get him tomorrow

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
okay real doctor if you're out there don't cc pls since that'll be exactly what he wants you to do

I'd claim doctor as scum too, it's like the best claim you can make if you're gonna die, it doesn't sway me one bit

however I did decide that in the event of him claiming doctor I'd prob be fine lynching someone else for today just in case he *is* somehow doctor (i'm 99% sure he isn't) so that we garuntee you have at least 1 report, then we ask for doctor cc's tomorrow if he's still alive and if he goes uncc'd we lynch someone else but otherwise we get him tomorrow
then again i'm sort of confident enough in him being scum that i kinda don't want to garuntee you die n2 (since with this ^ plan you would) when, if tim's scum, you could live til the end of the game

ehh

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I don't buy that doc claim for one second either. If we're not voting Tim then I'd prefer to no-lynch unless someone makes a very persuasive argument towards lynching another person.
(And no, Comp hostposting and claiming he was writing up a long post only to disappoint us isn't a persuasive argument even though that's a bigtime jerk move.)

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I am not risking losing my one source of not being nightkilled
it's a risk either way

we either keep tim alive, in which case either (a) he dies tonight [and you die n2] or (b) he lives, we ask for the real doctor to out, he outs and dies n2 [you die n3]

or we lynch him, in which case either (a) he was real doctor [and you die tonight with 0 reports] or (b) he was town [and you could potentially live for the entirity of the game which could be the key factor in us winning]

so we can play it 'safe' but garuntee you won't make it past 2 reports, or we can hope tim's scum and have you possibly live beyond 2 reports

personally i'm confident enough that his doc claim is BS to want to go for the 2nd option i think

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
it's a risk either way

we either keep tim alive, in which case either (a) he dies tonight [and you die n2] or (b) he lives, we ask for the real doctor to out, he outs and dies n2 [you die n3]

or we lynch him, in which case either (a) he was real doctor [and you die tonight with 0 reports] or (b) he was town [and you could potentially live for the entirity of the game which could be the key factor in us winning]
he was scum*

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
You're assuming tim won't get nightkilled by the other team in all of those scenarios, which is entirely possible since how are they going to know who's telling the truth or not

I'm not risking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.