[Game Over] Just Your Average Mafia Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
The only reason that I can come up with for inf's absolute refusal to acknowledge my (even potential) towniness
Hey I've acknowledged you might be town, it's just incredibly unlikely in my opinion

I've considered alternatives in my head but I just don't believe them so I keep pushing on you

The entire reason I'm in this situation as far as I can tell is because on page two or something I wanted to be active so I asked the first thing that came to mind without thinking too much about it: "Inf, do you have any thoughts on people claiming 'not Joe'?" And somehow that snowballed into this. Lesson learned, never ask an experienced player for their thoughts on something, because people will assume it's a suggestion, and then people that missed the initial post will see everybody saying "yeah he suggested we do this, which would be terrible for town" and assume that's the case when in reality it's "Hey, I think you're better than me at this, what do you think of this?"
Well personally I didn't find you asking me that suspicious at all so for me at least that's not why I pushed on you

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
You can't say the misinformation of it being a suggestion hasn't influenced other people's opinions, though. And I could've sworn you've mentioned it.
It might've done I guess but they should've also seen you respond to them by saying it wasn't a suggestion, and if alisha/stranger saying it was a suggestion influenced anybody, it didn't influence them to vote you at least

And nope I didn't mention it

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
but they should've also seen you respond to them by saying it wasn't a suggestion
But the seed is already planted. If I were to continually assert "inf doesn't take showers" to people who don't know any better, they aren't going to just forget about believing that you're a smelly boi just because you tell them that you do, in fact, take showers.

• Haha
Reactions: Ltin

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
But the seed is already planted. If I were to continually assert "inf doesn't take showers" to people who don't know any better, they aren't going to just forget about believing that you're a smelly boi just because you tell them that you do, in fact, take showers.
I guess that's possible

fwiw even if it was a suggestion I wouldn't find you sus because of it since it's a wifom argument anyways and I don't think you'd take the risk of suggesting it with malicious intent when it could backfire on you so early on and the payoff for getting people to carry out the idea wouldn't be hugely useful to you anyway.

Like, on one hand, suggesting a slightly harmful idea with malicious intent could work well if you got away with it. On the other hand, you'd surely count on people figuring out it was slightly harmful, at least in some part of the game, and that might backfire. On the other other hand, you could say 'if I knew I was suggesting a slightly harmful idea, I'd surely count on people figuring it out and it would backfire, so I'd never do that as scum', and hope that wifom argument works for you, in which case win-win since you not only suggested a slightly harmful idea but got away with it without looking suspicious too. But on the other other other hand, that wifom argument could be denied, so would you be willing to risk that? Would you feel confident about using that wifom in your favour? Would getting Joe easier to locate and cc even be worth the risk of getting yourself lynched, no matter how confident you were in your ability to wifom yourself out of it?

Personally I don't think you'd take such a risk day 0, so regardless of your alignment I think you probably thought it had the potential to be a decent idea, but as scum you probably asked me for my opinion on it to look like a townie figuring out ways to help - that's my interpretation of it

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
(obviously that doesn't mean everybody else will share my view on it, so sure, maybe they were influenced by the idea that it was suggestion into thinking you were more suspicious than they would've done otherwise, but yeah)

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
I just checked lasagne mafia and it seems like Tim's acting similar when pressured (he was mafia then). However, I'm not sure if that's a mafia thing or how he behaves in those situations in general. Also, I feel like the doctor claim was a little too convenient, but then again he *could* still be telling the truth. So, idk, what are the main points brought up against Tim for the moment? At the moment I am somewhat closer to Tim being mafia, but I'm still hesitant on voting him since it would be quite a loss if he actually was telling the truth - almost losing on the spot.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I just checked lasagne mafia and it seems like Tim's acting similar when pressured (he was mafia then). However, I'm not sure if that's a mafia thing or how he behaves in those situations in general. Also, I feel like the doctor claim was a little too convenient, but then again he *could* still be telling the truth. So, idk, what are the main points brought up against Tim for the moment? At the moment I am somewhat closer to Tim being mafia, but I'm still hesitant on voting him since it would be quite a loss if he actually was telling the truth - almost losing on the spot.
Well I think he's mafia but I'd rather not lynch him today, I think we should let him live til tomorrow and then if he's alive, ask for cc's.

If he survives the night, if he's scum then we lynch him tomorrow, if he's town then great we have him alive for n2 as well and we get 2 cop reports guaranteed

Also, similar in what way to how he acted in lasagne mafia?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Wait TheWeakGuy48_ why are you voting me?

I thought the whole reason you were suspicious of me was because you thought I was trying to find a suspect in stranger, but when I explained why that wouldn't make a lot of sense you said it was a good point, so why are you still wanting me dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.