[Game Over] Just Your Average Mafia Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
oh wait stranger and you started it but twg agreed and has imo read me as scum the strongest out of everyone (saying things like he 'really thinks' im scum and never voicing doubts about it)
He's not really pushing it that much either, I have the impression that he would let a tim lynch go through even though he townreads him, which is odd to do if you feel that strongly

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
He's not really pushing it that much either, I have the impression that he would let a tim lynch go through even though he townreads him, which is odd to do if you feel that strongly
Hm true, throwing shade on me, townreading the person I'm pushing and not doing much to change the lynch sounds about right for someone wanting to set up both me and tim as lynches in the coming days

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Still confident tim's scum though even if twg is

I don't see town tim saying that stranger saying 'if tim is scum ill townread inf' whilst also pushing on him is stranger trying to be noncommital to the lynch to look better when he flips town, just seems way too much of a reach for him

actually now that I think about it, he countered one of my arguments by saying the 'focus' of his suspicion on stranger was that ^ rather than disliking how she voted him despite not being "confident" because she used the word 'if' but earlier on it was this point that he reiterated, not the one he's now saying was the focus

Do you or do you not agree that in this setup it is dangerous to vote someone that you aren't confident on?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
im reluctant to just go with tim because of that
well even if what you say is true it'd just mean twg and tim aren't on the same scum team and TWG *thinks* tim seems town and his whole plan relies on that being correct, tim's most likely (imo) scum either way

altho thinking about it more, TWG would have to be weirdly confident that tim is town to pull off what he's doing, because if he's wrong and tim's the other scumteam it'd backfire hard since twg was defending him, so I'm more inclined to think twg's reads are just genuine since I doubt he'd risk that or feel that confident about tim being tow

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
why does it feel like a town being tunnelled by me rather than a mafia one though
It feels like your main reasoning is that he doesn't seem like he's acting the same way as he did previous games, and yeah it's a fair point, however some of the other arguments feel weird-
- Stranger boiled down a lot of what tim said as OMGUS even though it doesn't quite work out that way
- A lot of what Tim said is asking you to not tunnel which familiar territory for me
- Stranger HAS been throwing votes around weirdly and so that last vote by tim on her feels natural

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
well even if what you say is true it'd just mean twg and tim aren't on the same scum team and TWG *thinks* tim seems town and his whole plan relies on that being correct, tim's most likely (imo) scum either way

altho thinking about it more, TWG would have to be weirdly confident that tim is town to pull off what he's doing, because if he's wrong and tim's the other scumteam it'd backfire hard since twg was defending him, so I'm more inclined to think twg's reads are just genuine since I doubt he'd risk that or feel that confident about tim being tow
If TWG is scum then the SK would show up as Joe at worst

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Like, you started off on one argument about Tim being opportunistic by voting sessy, but Stranger has been throwing votes all around too that you didn't comment on much - like her vote on you when I went after you early on, for instance.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
It feels like your main reasoning is that he doesn't seem like he's acting the same way as he did previous games, and yeah it's a fair point, however some of the other arguments feel weird-
- Stranger boiled down a lot of what tim said as OMGUS even though it doesn't quite work out that way
- A lot of what Tim said is asking you to not tunnel which familiar territory for me
- Stranger HAS been throwing votes around weirdly and so that last vote by tim on her feels natural
Okay, fwiw though I think people would ask me not to tunnel on them regardless of their alignment if they feel I'm tunneling them, I think it's probs a mistake to think they're town because of it (I also don't think tim has really taken the stance of 'you're just tunneling me' since he keeps going back to 'I want to think you're town but the relentlessness is scummy', so he's interpreting my 'tunneling' as scummy and that's the reasons he has for suspecting me, whereas you usually interpret my tunneling as 'it could just be inf as town tunneling', so there is still a difference there for what that's worth)

And yeah I haven't really agreed with any of stranger's reasonings but I had a similar experience before and she was town, and I think as scum she'd be taking advantage of her 'known' meta by being in the background more since it'd help her stay out of the spotlight (and she won as scum when she did that last time here as well so it's not like she'd have any clear motivation for changing it up)

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Like, you started off on one argument about Tim being opportunistic by voting sessy, but Stranger has been throwing votes all around too that you didn't comment on much - like her vote on you when I went after you early on, for instance.
I didn't really feel it was opportunistic there - much of the reason I felt tim's vote was oppurtunistic was the way he wrote the post and I didn't feel that way with stranger, and also the timing didn't bother me with stranger's vote either - she'd already voiced suspicion on me before your vote so it wasn't out of the blue to agree with you and place her own vote down, it felt more like you'd reaffirmed her belief and she felt more confident in it, compared to tim who out of the blue mentioned he found sessy suspicious but just didn't say so before since he was doing irl things but now that i've voted her he votes and posts a really fake-sounding (imo) post to go along with it

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
If TWG is scum then the SK would show up as Joe at worst
Yeah true if TWG is mafia specifically then him defending tim wouldn't backfire even if we did figure tim was sk since there'd be no way of twg knowing tim was scum so his defence wouldn't be used against him in an 'you were protecting your teammate' argument

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
I didn't really feel it was opportunistic there - much of the reason I felt tim's vote was oppurtunistic was the way he wrote the post and I didn't feel that way with stranger, and also the timing didn't bother me with stranger's vote either - she'd already voiced suspicion on me before your vote so it wasn't out of the blue to agree with you and place her own vote down, it felt more like you'd reaffirmed her belief and she felt more confident in it, compared to tim who out of the blue mentioned he found sessy suspicious but just didn't say so before since he was doing irl things but now that i've voted her he votes and posts a really fake-sounding (imo) post to go along with it
This convinces me to try voting tim, I see what you're getting at now. I'm weary of stranger and TWG, however I do think it's now worth taking a chance on lynching tim since yeah I'm kinda assuming TWG is scum and tim is town in the scenario I provided, so in case I'm wrong I'll go along with this lynch.

If tim is town then I've got a couple interesting inspection options to think about for tonight.

vote Timdood3

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
VOTECOUNT Why is Inf trying to cook something which has already been cooked?
Timdood3 - [3] - {Infected_alien8_, Stranger from Planet 9, Alisha};
Stranger from Planet 9 - [1] - {Timdood3};

With 9 players it takes 5 to lynch and 5 to no-lynch.
The deadline is 12:00 Central, 17:00 GMT, on Tuesday, July 16th.

Status
Not open for further replies.