Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
My name is X (not my real role name). I gain 3 coins if a town player is lynched and 5 if a non-town player is lynched. I also have the ability to purchase an item called "poison", which requires 15 coins. The item will activate immediately and a target player will die at the end of the next night.
This sounds incredibly similar to my adventure capitalist 3rd Party role from Corporate mafia ?

That being said I could also definitely believe this is a survivalist role, are you town aligned or 3rd party, be honest.

i agree with whoever said the green liquid being poison was probably too on the nose
me :)

what do you mean

day 0 - we lynch scum; 10 players (5 coins for TWG)
night 1 - town dies
day 1 - we lynch town; 8 players (8 coins for TWG)
night 2 - town dies
day 2 - we lynch town; 6 players (11 coins for TWG)
night 3 - we lynch mafia; 4 players (16 coins for TWG); poison activates this night (it doesnt have a delay he said it activates instantly)
day 3 - maybe twg poisoned the last maf, maybe not and its 3 players with 1 maf left

vs oog using his role to donate to twg to give him coins to get the poison early

it means the poison is only designed to be used late game but its not like its impossible it could be useful
it would be an easy fakeclaim but i dont see twg coming up with the idea of being able to buy poison out of thin air like that, i think as maf hed play it safer and make a claim that blends in more
but he as one of the few townies who can make money would have to save up exclusively for that and not participate in auctions. It still seems ridiculously high if TWG is telling the truth.

And why couldn't he have made it up? It's literally just a one shot vigilante role he stuck a random price on, it's an easy and obvious fake claim that seems kinda weird in the realms of the auction and could definitely explain why it's priced so high as he didn't think it through.

• Agree
Reactions: Alisha

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
One of our three budding auctioneers is probably scum, I'm pretty certain of that. Whether it's inf, stranger or unu is another question. As much as I hate it after the massclaim I'm starting to second guess my read on inf... maybe he is just bad at mafia...

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
but he as one of the few townies who can make money would have to save up exclusively for that and not participate in auctions. It still seems ridiculously high if TWG is telling the truth.

And why couldn't he have made it up? It's literally just a one shot vigilante role he stuck a random price on, it's an easy and obvious fake claim that seems kinda weird in the realms of the auction and could definitely explain why it's priced so high as he didn't think it through.
i didnt say he cant have made it up, i just dont think twg would claim to be able to buy an ability when noone else can and everyone else has to bid, it feels too risky for him to do, but ill get a better read on him as he contributes more

youre hilarious!!

my current antitown reads are TWG + Sessy + Notty/Alisha (I don't think Alisha would throw notty under the bus as fellow maf but I could be wrong).
alisha didnt throw notty under the bus, they claimed before notty did. when notty revealed the black market thing it was too late for alisha to confirm it to go with it.

i think scum is among notty/hk/alisha/skele/twg/sessy, i think you, moog, stranger are #TEAMTOWN. i lean town on alisha and skele too but not quite enough to be in #TEAMTOWN just yet.

• Agree
Reactions: Alisha

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
One of our three budding auctioneers is probably scum, I'm pretty certain of that. Whether it's inf, stranger or unu is another question. As much as I hate it after the massclaim I'm starting to second guess my read on inf... maybe he is just bad at mafia...
or maybe you just cant hold any of my posts in your short term memory at all.....

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Inf just because you have an excuse doesn't make it believable
im not talking about that im talking about how some of your accusations on me were around 'you havent explained this yet' even though i had

the rest was you saying my reactions didnt seem genuine which is on you for misreading how genuine im being!

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
wait wtf twg’s role doesn’t make sense though

when would it amount to anything useful?
I kind of agree with your post. I mean my ability buy the item seems like it's pretty useless with my moderate coin amount-gain (compared to the cost of it). I hope that there are other ways of gaining coins. If anything I'm surprised that nobody else has claimed to have the option to buy stuff yet. Keep in mind that for example Oog has the ability to open up for $$$ injections into my personal bank account.
either way, twg should talk more so we get a better read on him!
yes
TheWeakGuy48_ do you buy the poison during night or day?
during the night
TheWeakGuy48_ hey, can you give a reads list?
Based off claims I feel like Oog is the most likely to be town as their role seems to be complementary to mine. It's mostly a guy-feeling but Inffy feels town to me.
Don't really know who to go for atm.
That being said I could also definitely believe this is a survivalist role, are you town aligned or 3rd party, be honest.
I'm town
This sounds incredibly similar to my adventure capitalist 3rd Party role from Corporate mafia ?

I don't necessarily disagree with you that the price is high, however I have to point out that the ability to purchase the poison is not my entirely. I literally also gain coins based off the lynches. Unless I somehow find another way to get money I'm just gonna outright ignore it and instead buy stuff at the auction.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
I don't necessarily disagree with you that the price is high, however I have to point out that the ability to purchase the poison is not my entirely. I literally also gain coins based off the lynches. Unless I somehow find another way to get money I'm just gonna outright ignore it and instead buy stuff at the auction.
Which is exactly why I struggle to believe your claim. Surely it'd make more sense for poison to be one of the auction items later in the game. Having some random separate purchase seems illogical.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
don't necessarily disagree with you that the price is high, however I have to point out that the ability to purchase the poison is not my entirely. I literally also gain coins based off the lynches. Unless I somehow find another way to get money I'm just gonna outright ignore it and instead buy stuff at the auction.
but then the poison is not utilized and wasted - it’s such a weird thing to have as part of a role that gains money already

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
oh woops i thought he said he could include a PI contract but not the other 2 items but youre right

+ good point

also its slightly weird that twg is apparently able to summon poison from his own private market vs notty having to use a black market for their private items

since (assuming nottys town and (atleast one) mafia has access to black market) notty will have to outbid to get the useful items from that vs twg just getting it for 'free' (i mean i guess it makes sense since it has a set price of 15 coins and isnt an auction item)
Funny story apparently I pulled an Inf and misunderstood my role. I don't get a coin for every item that I win from an auction, I get a coin for every item that is won by anyone in any auction (including the black market). I assumed I had access to the black market since I thought it said I could also gain 1 coin if I won an item there, but I can gain 1 coin if anyone gets an item there so it doesn't imply I have access and I don't. I just know about its existence and gain a coin if anyone buys something.

I've evolved into essentially just a decently stronger version of Aqua which makes me a bit suspicious but Aqua is decently towntelling. TheWeakGuy48_ do you buy the poison from the Black Market then?

Status
Not open for further replies.