EscapeRemastered Mafia: Economy of Madness [Day 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Infected_alien8_ why did you rate this disagree btw?
in fact, a post you rated disagree on that BIRTHED the entire series of events was literally about aqua telling hk to bid on the PI contract so you couldnt have not known

you are disgustingly SCUM and you will PERISH
but before i vote i want to see where this skele thing pans out (and im gonna keep my mouth zipped about that entire thing despite questions!)

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
on an unrelated note i no longer even know if i know what you were telling aqua to do anymore since the more i think about it the thing i think it was that i think you know seems kinda bad when i think theres someone already with a better claim to that thing so surely aqua is just wasting his stuff unless you think that somehow the other person with the better claim picked up on your super secret hidden suggestion when theyre probably not being that attentive and changed it to counter your new thing (which you intended) so aqua would be the one on top of the true thing
you think id tell you my secrets, scum??!?!!
also this
even if you apparently were being straight forward with aqua despite messing around with him and leading him to follow what i was saying, you read this post and knew i was talking about someone having a better claim (bid) for the PI contract so

cant believe your scum downfall was this of all things

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
also (is this like a septapost at this point)

i also want quotes from where you have said that you arrived at me and stranger being scum by process of elimination of townreading everyone else other than the time you said last where i said it was incredibly scummy since that isnt what you argued about with me at all yet you suddenly bring it up to someone else to justify yourself

I DEMAND RECEIPTS INF

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
also if the mafia knew by process of elimination that the donations would out alisha's killer as being one of good skele, hk or aqua then why would they kill aqua

its just gonna force a 50/50 where the killer will either be lynched today or tomorrow, whereas with aqua alive its a 33/33/33

the only explanation is that sessy is alishas MURDERER in a scum team with inf and is forcing a 50/50 to follow my timeline iirc (ill double check this) where the game ends in a town loss

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
in this scenario inf and sessy are mafia, with 7 people alive

day 2: lynch hkcaper (town) -> 2/6
night 3: kill moog (town) -> 2/5
day 3: lynch good skele (town) -> 2/4 -> mafia win

while i agree that aqua was likely to be townread by people (not me tho!) after nottys death, so its not a perfect 33/33/33, the fact is that the odds would still be greater than 50/50 since it would be like 49/49/2 at the least

i doubt that the mafia would have masterminded killing aqua to make me fall down this line of thought so the only other explanation (if hk/skele is mafia) is that theyre bad and didnt think this through in which case i say trash but i guess it would have worked

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
ok ok ok ive kinda screwed up

i am lying right now and im stupid and thought id be able to just give a tiny white lie so i could get away easier without having my faulty thought process make town more sus of me than necessary but as soon as i made that post i realised id screwed up

the truth is:

i saw hk hinting that he was gonna bid on the tonic

(looking thru his posts i cant even find it?? but i swear he said it???? he also rated my post about wanting someone to get the tonic agree ages ago [https://escaperestart.com/forum/thr...-of-madness-night-2.21433/page-92#post-454078] and that also influenced my thinking but mostly it was a post where i swear he said he wanted the tonic but i cant find it)

when aqua told hk to get the tonic, i rated it disagree to hint to hk (if he read it) that i had seen his hints + wanted him to continue his plan to bid on the tonic, i figured scum would be going after (blocking if they could, or killing) people who said they were bidding on PI contract anyways and therefore was a huge chance itd be a waste, and i wanted to know what stranger's tonics did, so i preferred hk to actually get the tonic instead of the PI contract

i realized now that that thought process made no sense cuz either way scum thought hk was going after the pi contract so they had a decent chance to block/kill him anyways

so realising this thought process made no sense and that you were already sus of me i decided to tell a tiny lie to try to get away from it and i failed cuz im bad and im sorry if this makes me get lynched it was truly my mistake

also this
even if you apparently were being straight forward with aqua despite messing around with him and leading him to follow what i was saying, you read this post and knew i was talking about someone having a better claim (bid) for the PI contract so

cant believe your scum downfall was this of all things
what do you mean? i knew skele was bidding on the PI contract yeah

skele had 5 coins tho aqua only had 3 so why would i get aqua to bid on the PI contract

also (is this like a septapost at this point)

i also want quotes from where you have said that you arrived at me and stranger being scum by process of elimination of townreading everyone else other than the time you said last where i said it was incredibly scummy since that isnt what you argued about with me at all yet you suddenly bring it up to someone else to justify yourself

I DEMAND RECEIPTS INF
i searched 'process of elimination' in the search bar and found these, i may have mentioned it a few more times without using that exact phrasing though:
every other role who didnt have a way of getting coins before the auction were given 3 coins to start. i think that was to let them bid on the auction day 1 with everyone else. oog didnt however, and that doesnt make sense to me, and i think its because hes scum.

for stranger, its mostly a gut feeling, combined with process of elimination. i think everyone else is likely to be town, other than stranger (and moog).
im shifting away from two people ive pushed hard on lynching before though, so what do you think the shift could mean?

and as i said its mostly a gut feeling of stranger being scum + town reads on everyone else meaning that by process of elimination i think stranger is scum.

the thing about stranger not changing opinions was only a tiny point that i threw out there, it could easily be nothing. its just that in general townies are more likely to change their minds and show that theyre unsure of their choices than they are to not do that, and stranger hasnt, so i felt it was a tiny red flag.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
ok ok ok ive kinda screwed up

i am lying right now and im stupid and thought id be able to just give a tiny white lie so i could get away easier without having my faulty thought process make town more sus of me than necessary but as soon as i made that post i realised id screwed up

the truth is:

i saw hk hinting that he was gonna bid on the tonic

(looking thru his posts i cant even find it?? but i swear he said it???? he also rated my post about wanting someone to get the tonic agree ages ago [https://escaperestart.com/forum/thr...-of-madness-night-2.21433/page-92#post-454078] and that also influenced my thinking but mostly it was a post where i swear he said he wanted the tonic but i cant find it)

when aqua told hk to get the tonic, i rated it disagree to hint to hk (if he read it) that i had seen his hints + wanted him to continue his plan to bid on the tonic, i figured scum would be going after (blocking if they could, or killing) people who said they were bidding on PI contract anyways and therefore was a huge chance itd be a waste, and i wanted to know what stranger's tonics did, so i preferred hk to actually get the tonic instead of the PI contract

i realized now that that thought process made no sense cuz either way scum thought hk was going after the pi contract so they had a decent chance to block/kill him anyways

so realising this thought process made no sense and that you were already sus of me i decided to tell a tiny lie to try to get away from it and i failed cuz im bad and im sorry if this makes me get lynched it was truly my mistake
PERISH SCUM I CAUGHT YOU IN A FILTHY LIE RED HANDED YOU WILL PAY FOR YOUR CRIMES
what do you mean? i knew skele was bidding on the PI contract yeah

skele had 5 coins tho aqua only had 3 so why would i get aqua to bid on the PI contract
i meant hk
i had 0 idea what skele was doing all i know is you should have very clearly known aqua told hk to bid his 5 coins on the contract
i searched 'process of elimination' in the search bar and found these, i may have mentioned it a few more times without using that exact phrasing though:
frankly not enough for me when we had an entire back and forth argument where you didnt mention this

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
frankly i cant believe i just straight up won a mafia argument and proved that someone was lying without any sort of power role result to assist it

its quite thrilling you dont really get these opportunities that much

• Love
Reactions: Aqua

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
PERISH SCUM I CAUGHT YOU IN A FILTHY LIE RED HANDED YOU WILL PAY FOR YOUR CRIMES
hey we both know im not above lying as town!

exept usually its lying to scum to trick them but this time it was cuz i thought if i told the truth you + others would lynch me

but when i realised my lie was bad i couldnt think of a convincing way out of it so i decided to just tell the truth now and hope you could FEEL my authenticity!

frankly not enough for me when we had an entire back and forth argument where you didnt mention this
what do you mean

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
hey we both know im not above lying as town!

exept usually its lying to scum to trick them but this time it was cuz i thought if i told the truth you + others would lynch me

but when i realised my lie was bad i couldnt think of a convincing way out of it so i decided to just tell the truth now and hope you could FEEL my authenticity!
its called garbage and it smells of garbage and youre garbage
GOD i am so happy its insane
what do you mean
we literally had an entire conversation about why you think im mafia and how i think its garbage that my mafia secret has influenced peoples reads on me so much that i cant be seen normally + just generally not being able to say anything other than 'yes my role should start with 3 coins but i cant change or evidence that because tim made it!' and the process of elimination thing did not come up once as evidence

+ i think its flimsy anyway since i dont think anyone could have a read list without anyone in a neutral 'im not sure' section
cuz people arent usually this bad at lying ?
yeah which is why i know youre lying about being town you filthy scum

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
its called garbage and it smells of garbage and youre garbage
GOD i am so happy its insane
no its called making a mistake in my thought process and predicting that if i answered your question of 'what were you hinting at hk' with 'tbh my thought process made no sense', when i knew you were already sus of me having bad intentions there, that id be probably be lynched

so the best thing i could do for town was tell a good lie and get away with it

but i failed at the 'good' part

we literally had an entire conversation about why you think im mafia and how i think its garbage that my mafia secret has influenced peoples reads on me so much that i cant be seen normally + just generally not being able to say anything other than 'yes my role should start with 3 coins but i cant change or evidence that because tim made it!' and the process of elimination thing did not come up once as evidence
i dont get what you mean

process of elimination wasnt my main reason for sussing you, it was mostly the fact your role was scummy to me

+ id already mentioned i thought others were townie before our 1v1 convo (i assume) so i wouldve assumed youd seen that argument already and were just argueing about the thing you were bringing up

but either way im pretty sure the process of elimination thing wasnt relevant to our convo, it was just me explaining when my read of you changed (from town vibe to not) and why i thought that was (your role)

+ i think its flimsy anyway since i dont think anyone could have a read list without anyone in a neutral 'im not sure' section
well i did! i had at least some kinda feeling for everyone, even if they were small (like on hk)

also if its confirmed to you that one of good skele/hk murdered alisha then am i or stranger their mafia partner
idk, i kinda changed my mind on you last night, but im waiting to see if anyone bought stranger's tonic to find out what it did

honestly at this point i could see it being both hk + skele as well, my reads are kinda up in the air right now

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
no its called making a mistake in my thought process and predicting that if i answered your question of 'what were you hinting at hk' with 'tbh my thought process made no sense', when i knew you were already sus of me having bad intentions there, that id be probably be lynched

so the best thing i could do for town was tell a good lie and get away with it

but i failed at the 'good' part
wrong only notty is a town person who can lie for the overall benefit of the town
i dont get what you mean

process of elimination wasnt my main reason for sussing you, it was mostly the fact your role was scummy to me

+ id already mentioned i thought others were townie before our 1v1 convo (i assume) so i wouldve assumed youd seen that argument already and were just argueing about the thing you were bringing up

but either way im pretty sure the process of elimination thing wasnt relevant to our convo, it was just me explaining when my read of you changed (from town vibe to not) and why i thought that was (your role)
i can concede the point of you not bringing it up in the conversation as scummy but i still think the overall premise of townreading like 7 people is highly suspicious
well i did! i had at least some kinda feeling for everyone, even if they were small (like on hk)
sure you did
idk, i kinda changed my mind on you last night, but im waiting to see if anyone bought stranger's tonic to find out what it did

honestly at this point i could see it being both hk + skele as well, my reads are kinda up in the air right now
but you were so confident....?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
but you were so confident....?
i was confident yeah, altho i wasnt 100% sure (i did have you down as moderate scum in my reads list, not strong scum! but admittedly by like end of day 1 i wouldve put it at strong scum)

then i realised my theory was wrong cuz i only got 6 coins meaning one of you + stranger wasnt scum so my whole reads list was shookth

and then i also realised that your role is different from everyone elses alongside distributors in that you have an actual PR ability, so it became more plausible that you werent given as fair chance at bidding as aqua/notty who couldnt do anything else

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
on an unrelated note did hk claim their role name since i guess they should as the only nonrevealed one here
they said 'worker'

i actually became quite sus of hk last night, cuz i didnt like lack of reads throughout the game + didnt like how sure he felt of your role being townie (and he didnt respond to me when i questioned that and brought up you not fitting the pattern)

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
cuz i didnt like lack of reads throughout the game
i didnt look at his posts but what made him my 2nd choice last night was the fact that he came tothe thread with a reads list which means he was actually thinking and deducing for himself but i guess maybe he hasnt over the coruse of the game
they said 'worker'
i dont like that
worker would imply youre actually doing something (work) for your 5 coins but hes just passively getting them
if anything its more like claiming unemployment tbh and thats the opposite of being a worker
but you and sessy are scum anyway so who cares!!

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
i dont like that
worker would imply youre actually doing something (work) for your 5 coins but hes just passively getting them
if anything its more like claiming unemployment tbh and thats the opposite of being a worker
yh that was another thing i thought

all of us are technically "workers" so hk just being given generic name is slightly weird

pls

i know i lied but

my role has proven to give out a) a PI contract, b) a security camera

ik its possible its just a scum-sided role that looks town but you gotta admit thats less likely than me genuinely being town!

look through my lie to FEEL my townie intentions!!!!!

also you said you found it unlikely that i townread like 7 players but it was 6 players and heres last game i was town where i also townread 5 players based on gut feelings!!!!

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
yh that was another thing i thought

all of us are technically "workers" so hk just being given generic name is slightly weird
that is true
pls

i know i lied but

my role has proven to give out a) a PI contract, b) a security camera

ik its possible its just a scum-sided role that looks town but you gotta admit thats less likely than me genuinely being town!
i mean i thought you were scum yesterday anyway so its not like my basis is on the fact you lied today

and no i think it would be a fun game design to have a scum role that benefits town when its left alive but is ultimately needed to be lynched for the win
also you said you found it unlikely that i townread like 7 players but it was 6 players and heres last game i was town where i also townread 5 players based on gut feelings!!!!
sounds like you knew that people would buy your gut feeling thing since it was a recreation of how you behaved last game then
well THIS GUY isnt buying it

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
sounds like you knew that people would buy your gut feeling thing since it was a recreation of how you behaved last game then
well THIS GUY isnt buying it
yh but this means you shouldnt use the gut thing as like, additional reason to suspect me

cuz ive proven that its also how i behave as town

it could be that i replicated it as scum but you have no reason to believe that thats the case instead of me just being genuine, and so it shouldnt form part of your read!

the only reason youd have to believe that would be because of your already-existing scumread on me but if you base your reads on the read you already have that will lead you to always favour new evidence in a bias + youll just pile on more and more evidence that supports your original conclusion and make you even more sure im scum when actually you should examine each piece of evidence in isolation from the rest to get a true tally of how many 'scummy' things ive done!

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
yh but this means you shouldnt use the gut thing as like, additional reason to suspect me

cuz ive proven that its also how i behave as town

it could be that i replicated it as scum but you have no reason to believe that thats the case instead of me just being genuine, and so it shouldnt form part of your read!

the only reason youd have to believe that would be because of your already-existing scumread on me but if you base your reads on the read you already have that will lead you to always favour new evidence in a bias + youll just pile on more and more evidence that supports your original conclusion and make you even more sure im scum when actually you should examine each piece of evidence in isolation from the rest to get a true tally of how many 'scummy' things ive done!
i mean sure its different to my original point but i believe ive already brought arguments up against you day 0/maybe day 1 about how you keep on showing that youre self aware as to how you would behave if you were town so then if you can doubt me appearing as town because of my mafia secret then you showing the exact same thing multiple times this game can allow me to use it against you

+ you literally said you had claimbias towards me yesterday so how about you get a taste of some of that bias for yourself since its obvious you('re acting as though you) think im town now so come grovel at my feet and beg for forgiveness as i lead a lynch against you today

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
i mean sure its different to my original point but i believe ive already brought arguments up against you day 0/maybe day 1 about how you keep on showing that youre self aware as to how you would behave if you were town so then if you can doubt me appearing as town because of my mafia secret then you showing the exact same thing multiple times this game can allow me to use it against you
yh im not saying you should townread me from it, im just saying you shouldnt add it onto the pile of 'scum things' for me, cuz looking at this piece of evidence in isolation, it should be non-indicative!

+ you literally said you had claimbias towards me yesterday so how about you get a taste of some of that bias for yourself since its obvious you('re acting as though you) think im town now so come grovel at my feet and beg for forgiveness as i lead a lynch against you today
please... ill do anything for my fans....

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
yh im not saying you should townread me from it, im just saying you shouldnt add it onto the pile of 'scum things' for me, cuz looking at this piece of evidence in isolation, it should be non-indicative!
well its indicative ill just swap it out for the previous one
please... ill do anything for my fans....
admit youre scum and say whether its with sessy or not

Status
Not open for further replies.