EscapeRemastered Mafia: Economy of Madness [Day 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Anyway, I've had some time to rethink my reads so here goes:

I'm pretty solid in my belief rn that Inffy and Mooglie are both town, as they seem to be having productive discussions and actually trying to lead us in the right direction even if I don't agree with everything they say. Obviously i know the fact that they're the most vocal people here might influence my reads a bit, but that's what I think of them anyway.
Also, I'm 95% sure that Skele's scum at this point. Beyond his rolename and claim in general sounding shady af, he's been extremely unhelpful thus far and hasn't been doing anything for town beyond saying stuff that's filler content to prove he's not AFK (which granted that's not out of the ordinary for Skele but I still don't trust him).
I'm still inclined to think sessy's 3p or town simply b/c of the amount of attention that her role attracts is doesn't seem like something that would be mafia-aligned.
So that narrows it down to HK or Unu for the last mafia, and I'm really not sure how to feel there. Unu I might be inclined to trust a bit more depending on what the safe and bulletproof vest do, but this far he's been fairly uncooperative and tight-lipped compared to Inffy and myself, so if any of the auctioneers is mafia I'd say it's him. On the other hand HK has kind of blended into the background all game and hasn't said much. I'd like to hear more from him to get an idea on where he stands reads wise.

So that said HKCaper please post your reads on everyone, with an explanation as to why.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Anyway, I've had some time to rethink my reads so here goes:

I'm pretty solid in my belief rn that Inffy and Mooglie are both town, as they seem to be having productive discussions and actually trying to lead us in the right direction even if I don't agree with everything they say. Obviously i know the fact that they're the most vocal people here might influence my reads a bit, but that's what I think of them anyway.
Also, I'm 95% sure that Skele's scum at this point. Beyond his rolename and claim in general sounding shady af, he's been extremely unhelpful thus far and hasn't been doing anything for town beyond saying stuff that's filler content to prove he's not AFK (which granted that's not out of the ordinary for Skele but I still don't trust him).
I'm still inclined to think sessy's 3p or town simply b/c of the amount of attention that her role attracts is doesn't seem like something that would be mafia-aligned.
So that narrows it down to HK or Unu for the last mafia, and I'm really not sure how to feel there. Unu I might be inclined to trust a bit more depending on what the safe and bulletproof vest do, but this far he's been fairly uncooperative and tight-lipped compared to Inffy and myself, so if any of the auctioneers is mafia I'd say it's him. On the other hand HK has kind of blended into the background all game and hasn't said much. I'd like to hear more from him to get an idea on where he stands reads wise.

So that said HKCaper please post your reads on everyone, with an explanation as to why.
ill be surprised if UNU isnt town, he made 0 attempt to distance from any scum buddies yet which UNU always does as scum, in fact he did the exact opposite with TWG.

its you intentionally recreating a pattern from when you were town before to appear town this game!
ill swap that for saying its scummy since no town person should have solid town reads on 6 people
no because thats confirmation bias!

if you look at it in isolation from your other reads on me, me doing the same thing i did as townie could be a) im just townie again, or b) im replicating it, but you have no reason to lean one way or the other, so that should go in the 'not indicative of alignment' pile if you want to avoid having your reads influenced by confirmation bias, cuz confirmation bias could give you greater confidence in me being scum than is reasonable!

what even are your reasons for scumreading me other than that, which still remain scummy if you eliminate confirmation bias? is it just vibes?

when did your scum vibes on me start?

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
no because thats confirmation bias!

if you look at it in isolation from your other reads on me, me doing the same thing i did as townie could be a) im just townie again, or b) im replicating it, but you have no reason to lean one way or the other, so that should go in the 'not indicative of alignment' pile if you want to avoid having your reads influenced by confirmation bias, cuz confirmation bias could give you greater confidence in me being scum than is reasonable!

what even are your reasons for scumreading me other than that, which still remain scummy if you eliminate confirmation bias? is it just vibes?

when did your scum vibes on me start?
well sucks to be you since youre scum and thats going in my scummy pile of things

and you were scum since day 0 until you werent then you were again like mid day 1! and who knows i dont make a list of why youre scum i just know you are

im sleeping now but i await skeles answer as to why they didnt visit you

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
well sucks to be you since youre scum and thats going in my scummy pile of things
but that doesnt make any sense!!!

the reason youre concluding that 'inf is acting the same as he did when town' is 'because hes mafia replicating his town behaviour' is because of your scum read on me due to vibes

so your conclusion of me being scummy for that, is being determined by the belief that im scum due to vibes

thats fine if you want to believe that, but you shouldnt use that as further ammunition that im scuz, cuz that means you have 2 bullets of 'inf-scum', both determined by the exact same thing - your vibes of me! so they should just be 1 bullet of vibes, not 2 bullets! otherwise it looks like you have more reason to think im scum than what you really do!

i promise me using guns and bullets in my analogy doesnt mean im a murderer!

then you were again like mid day 1!
do you remember when that was specifically tho

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
also another reason i trust UNU is that i think hed have given more elaborated-on reasons for his reads as scum cuz he'd surely know that voting notty without giving a reason would look bad, if he were scum for example, yet he did that twice (day 0 and then day 1 end)

so that + the meta thing makes UNU #teamtown in my books

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
but that doesnt make any sense!!!

the reason youre concluding that 'inf is acting the same as he did when town' is 'because hes mafia replicating his town behaviour' is because of your scum read on me due to vibes

so your conclusion of me being scummy for that, is being determined by the belief that im scum due to vibes

thats fine if you want to believe that, but you shouldnt use that as further ammunition that im scuz, cuz that means you have 2 bullets of 'inf-scum', both determined by the exact same thing - your vibes of me! so they should just be 1 bullet of vibes, not 2 bullets! otherwise it looks like you have more reason to think im scum than what you really do!

i promise me using guns and bullets in my analogy doesnt mean im a murderer!
still going in the scummy pile me scum
do you remember when that was specifically tho
probably when you revealed yourself as scum
but no i don't you can probably find it yourself
iirc i said something like 'because you're scum (but not really)' then i replied to that bit of my message saying 'wait no i change my mind you can be scum' so you might be able to search for that idk
also another reason i trust UNU is that i think hed have given more elaborated-on reasons for his reads as scum cuz he'd surely know that voting notty without giving a reason would look bad, if he were scum for example, yet he did that twice (day 0 and then day 1 end)

so that + the meta thing makes UNU #teamtown in my books
i mean i don't think he knew he was hammering notty (since noone though sessy had voted for sure) so maybe he had reasons prepared for a follow up post!!

actually sleeping now (im on phone!!!!)

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
i mean i don't think he knew he was hammering notty (since noone though sessy had voted for sure) so maybe he had reasons prepared for a follow up post!!
true, but still he did it day 0 as well near the end of the dayish (so i dont see it as a meme)

also im going to take a moment to appreciate how much more enjoyable this game is when the person youre argueing against is chilled out and civil unlike a certain someone who cant defend themselves from me because theyre dead ?

thank you sir have a good sleep :)

• Winner
Reactions: Mooglie

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
ok i found where you started saying i was scum, i dont see any obvious reason for it that couldve triggered your vibes, at the time you were talking about/referring to my post where i said your role didnt fit the setup, so maybe it was linked to that (and how i based my read on you just on the claim?)

i felt i had explained that afterwards tho, idk if you were satisfied with my answers though

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
but yeah, im pretty confident that oog and UNU are town

UNU for the reason i mentioned above

oog because i dont think he'd ever nightkill aqua last night because he'd do the maths and realise it wouldnt be worth putting his buddy (hk/skele) in the spotlight (and also my source of suspicion yesterday is gone as i explained earlier so thats fine). there was something else too that made me townread him earlier but im forgetting, ill mention it if i remember, but honestly i think the fact aqua died last night is enough to mean oog is extremely likely to be town to me

sooo... oog and UNU welcome to #teamtown!!!!!! thats right we're back!!! and we're gonna win this thing together!!! even if you dont trust me just yet ?

and the other two townies, don't worry, youre in #teamtown in your hearts!!!! just not mine yet! sessy is very close to being in there though!!

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
I went for the PI contract (1-shot alignment check) as aqua suggested and got it! Didnt like how inf suddenly went on stranger yesterday, so i checked stranger and stranger is town.

Dont have too much time for an elaborate post rn (possibly not even today), but strong town are for me oog and stranger, for clear reasons by now i think. (i dont see inf how you dont clearly find oogs role a town sided role for how strong it is/can be for town.)

Moderate town: sess, after thinking about it her demeanor vibes more town to me. She doesnt feel bad. Her claim still wild.

Scum: inf and skele def feel bad to me, unu i got litteraly nothing on, so he could well be scum if one of the above prove not to be maf.

Anyway today i wanna lynch skele or inf.

I now have 5 coins.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I went for the PI contract (1-shot alignment check) as aqua suggested and got it! Didnt like how inf suddenly went on stranger yesterday, so i checked stranger and stranger is town.
you didnt like how i went on her so you checked her? surely if you thought i was scummy thatd make her town anyway? why not go for me instead to try to find a scum?

Dont have too much time for an elaborate post rn (possibly not even today), but strong town are for me oog and stranger, for clear reasons by now i think. (i dont see inf how you dont clearly find oogs role a town sided role for how strong it is/can be for town.)
i already explained why yesterday and you never responded

• Agree
Reactions: Unusual_Dood

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
you didnt like how i went on her so you checked her? surely if you thought i was scummy thatd make her town anyway? why not go for me instead to try to find a scum?
(or someone who you had no read on like UNU, it seems to me stranger shouldve been townie to you and you townread them yesterday so to check them to confirm it instead of trying to find scum seems weird)

• Agree

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
sessybessy - the only successful donation yesterday (other than notty) presumably, meaning that there was a chance they murdered alisha and so i wasnt gonna donate to them + generally untrustworthy claim and they murdered notty so i did not feel comfortable giving them the ability to prove people
except I didn't murder notty, I simply voted for them. You should blame the murder on everyone who voted for Notty rather than just one person. Yes I pushed for a Notty lynch but I didn't make people vote. Also Inf has already cleared that I didn't murder Alisha since I only had the ability to donate 3 coins despite donating 4.

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score

UNU for the reason i mentioned above

oog because i dont think he'd ever nightkill aqua last night because he'd do the maths and realise it wouldnt be worth putting his buddy (hk/skele) in the spotlight (and also my source of suspicion yesterday is gone as i explained earlier so thats fine). there was something else too that made me townread him earlier but im forgetting, ill mention it if i remember, but honestly i think the fact aqua died last night is enough to mean oog is extremely likely to be town to me

sooo... oog and UNU welcome to #teamtown!!!!!! thats right we're back!!! and we're gonna win this thing together!!! even if you dont trust me just yet ?

and the other two townies, don't worry, youre in #teamtown in your hearts!!!! just not mine yet! sessy is very close to being in there though!!
So that leaves...HK and Skele for mafia?

Only one mafia has died so far, I think we calculated it at 3 mafia. Therefore there's only 2 left.

Moderate town: sess, after thinking about it her demeanor vibes more town to me. She doesnt feel bad. Her claim still wild.
Go big or go home, am I right?

As for who I read as mafia, I'm not sure. There's many silent players sadly. Moog's whole vibe today just seems a bit panicked though so I don't know if they're just a town member who is worried or a mafia member scared they're about to be outed, they seem to be trying to push Inf for a lynch but kinda just memeing at the same time ?. The silence from both Unu and HK doesn't leave much to read from so I'm guessing the remaining scum could be: HK, Unu or Skele.

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
No i wasnt sure about stranger. As i said, if notty flipped town that would give me some susp vibes on her. This way i could check stranger, and get a better vibe on you.
also seeing as you know the PI contract is a cop thing now, why are you suspicious of me? do you think its likely tim made a scum role give out alignment checking abilities?
Its possible, i dont see why not. Im going with vibes on you, and these auction roles could go both way imo.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
cant believe to be townread by you i have to scumread you
and of course i dont mean to forget the dead... alisha, notty and aqua... we'll win for you guys!!!
ill win for 2 of those people
except I didn't murder notty, I simply voted for them. You should blame the murder on everyone who voted for Notty rather than just one person. Yes I pushed for a Notty lynch but I didn't make people vote. Also Inf has already cleared that I didn't murder Alisha since I only had the ability to donate 3 coins despite donating 4.
i also said that every other of the 5 people murdered notty in that post
and this was my reasoning last night when i had 0 access to infs results
As for who I read as mafia, I'm not sure. There's many silent players sadly. Moog's whole vibe today just seems a bit panicked though so I don't know if they're just a town member who is worried or a mafia member scared they're about to be outed, they seem to be trying to push Inf for a lynch but kinda just memeing at the same time ?.
i dont see how im panicked today?
and yes i can meme and rightfully call inf mafia at the same time!

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
My 3 items are:

"A Bulletproof Vest"
"A Safe"
"A Money Printer"

As for why I am claiming my items now is because the only one left is money printer, and was since the beginning worried about it getting in the wrong hands (increased after it seemed like town had pretty much no money from the start). In that case I was worried mafias could use it to get so much money they outbid anyone for the best items. Tomorrow I need to put it for auction though, so I was wondering what you think is the best way to deal with that.

One thing I also noticed:
Bulletproof Vest
Tim had written an 'A' in front of Safe on the first auction which was slightly odd, however, today he had not used an 'A' in front of Bulletproof Vest despite it being in my role PM. I was wondering is there was some sort of mechanic linked to it, but currently I just think Tim missed it when writing the post.

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
cant believe to be townread by you i have to scumread you

ill win for 2 of those people

i also said that every other of the 5 people murdered notty in that post
and this was my reasoning last night when i had 0 access to infs results

i dont see how im panicked today?
and yes i can meme and rightfully call inf mafia at the same time!

Just because you don't see it doesn't mean others can't either. It's just the over all demeanour of "YES INF I CAUGHT YOU!!!111!!" and then when Inf disputes that you seem quite like "oh crap" in a sense

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Just because you don't see it doesn't mean others can't either. It's just the over all demeanour of "YES INF I CAUGHT YOU!!!111!!" and then when Inf disputes that you seem quite like "oh crap" in a sense
what do you mean disputes ?
inf literally admitted he lied
Tim had written an 'A' in front of Safe on the first auction which was slightly odd, however, today he had not used an 'A' in front of Bulletproof Vest despite it being in my role PM. I was wondering is there was some sort of mechanic linked to it, but currently I just think Tim missed it when writing the post.
i think the 'a' was just because safe is like an adjective or whatever so just saying that one of the auction items was 'safe' was a bit weird
i doubt theres anything there but maybe im wrong
Also now I apparently got a coin
thats odd

• Agree
Reactions: Infected_alien8_
Status
Not open for further replies.