Dota 2

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
I was about to say something about MoM Viper, then I saw Riki's build. Gotta get that... extra damage and regen?
I was hoping to give them credit and take it as one of their screw-around builds. Sounds ridiculous but my favorite screw-around build is my Super-Armor-Reduction on Venge. Got your -6 from Wave of Terror, -6 from Medallion of Courage, -7 from Desolator and the -5 from Assault Cuirass. It's fun but also for when I know the game is secured so I can do whatever I want. :p

Swate

Llamasaur!
Reaction score
Website
www.iamawesome.com
I was hoping to give them credit and take it as one of their screw-around builds. Sounds ridiculous but my favorite screw-around build is my Super-Armor-Reduction on Venge. Got your -6 from Wave of Terror, -6 from Medallion of Courage, -7 from Desolator and the -5 from Assault Cuirass. It's fun but also for when I know the game is secured so I can do whatever I want. :p
I was just thinking today of the humour of a Riki with Radiance.

Sasher

Reaction score
There was a bug since Techies was released where you could snowball as Tusk and literally carry Techies mines with you in the snowball and one shot heros/towers. They just fixed it today. RIP the explosive duo.

Last edited:

SparklyMuffinz

Reaction score
There was a bug since Techies was released where you could snowball as Tusk and literally carry Techies mines with you in the snowball and one shot heros/towers. They just fixed it today. RIP the explosive duo.
I was actually in a match doing this right as it updated. :p Good thing they caught that though!

On another note: How's the Techies take over going for y'all?

Sasher

Reaction score
I was actually in a match doing this right as it updated. :p Good thing they caught that though!

I've started to get the hang of him. Most players I play with that play Techies are god awful though. It really helps to watch high MMR players play techies to get a good idea of what to do.

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score

I've played a few games with him so far, so much fun, its like the hero was made for me <3
Only lost once and even then I've had a blast... geddit?

Reactions: Swate

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score

Balanced.
Really just depends on your team composition mostly, techies is great at stalling games for hard carries, so if you have a game loaded with them, its basically just mine up and defend while your carries farm. It'll be some time before people really adjust to the hero and work out ways of dealing with him.

That being said I'm pretty sure I am 7-3 with techies currently xD

SparklyMuffinz

Reaction score
HOLY UPDATE, BATMAN!

READ THIS.
EDIT: OK NO Sasher Old_Man_Oak_63
1.) They changed PL AND BS COMPLETELY
2.) NEW RUNE
3.) CHANGED MAP
4.) 99% OF HEROES CHANGED
5.) MORE SCEPTARS
6.) Chen can TAKE OVER ANCIENTS
7.) Shadow Fiend ARACANA

I tried not writing this in caps but my amazement got the best of me.

EDIT 2: Swate time to step it up
  • Tornado flying vision area reduced from 1200 to 600
  • Tornado damage from 2*Wex+Quas to 3*Wex

Last edited:
Reactions: Swate

Sasher

Reaction score
HOLY UPDATE, BATMAN!

READ THIS.
EDIT: OK NO Sasher Old_Man_Oak_63
1.) They changed PL AND BS COMPLETELY
2.) NEW RUNE
3.) CHANGED MAP
4.) 99% OF HEROES CHANGED
5.) MORE SCEPTARS
6.) Chen can TAKE OVER ANCIENTS
7.) Shadow Fiend ARACANA

I tried not writing this in caps but my amazement got the best of me.

EDIT 2: Swate time to step it up
Holy shit this update

Ok so Im just gonna go and give my input on a lot of this

Idk how I feel about two runes spawning now. I guess its good, before it was a competition to who would get to rune first, and whoever got it would have the lane advantage. With that gone it'll just be whoever kills who first.

I've seen some of the map changes and this is definetly going to change a lot of strats and positioning tactics

with the towers buffed and the new fortify buff, meme pushing is no longer a thing.

The new ranked all pick thing seems odd, looks more like a league thing but we'll see how it goes.

Jungling will be slightly harder now that a lot of jungle creeps got buffed. HOWEVER, this is a really big buff for heros like chen and enchantress.

Bane ult buff oh my god AHAHAHAH you almost have to get a silence, a team of BKB's, or just not focus bane when he ults someone now especially if he also gets a BKB.

Chen walking around with ANCIENTS at like 1.7k HEALTH is going to be hilarious and I cant wait to see it. Also he got a lot of good buffs.

Brood got buffed, meh. I dont like brood but I can tell this'll make her much more annoying.

Clinkz searing arrows attack modifier removed MASK OF MADNESS SKADI CLINKZ JESUS CHRIST

Earth spirit but buffed and made easier to play, not to mention his aghs upgrade is actually crazy because you could boulder smash an earth shaker as far as you would a regular stone remnant and that would be fucking terrifying.

Elder Titan got a good buff to his ulti, maybe we'll see him in more games now.

Yay void nerfs

Huskar is now LITERALLY OP like jesus christ he is now meta with those buffs

Legion commanders ult not disabling passive is actually a huge nerf for her, and with the other nerfs you'll probably not see her much anymore.

Lone Druids bear now has MANA. You are going to now see bears charging at you with mask of madness, blademails, dagons, and necronomicons.

Lycan now has a 1.5 cast animation on his ultimate which is good so he cant just use it as an escape conveniently right before the enemy arrives, but hes a Ferrari now with 650 ms.

Magnus's empower not being removed by BKB is huge, major buff for heros like sven.

Medusa got a minor buff thats good

Oh my god Ogre Magi Im literally crying its all ogre guys the game is over. Enemy picks Ogre Magi? might as well go cry in a corner if hes against you in lane because hes NEVER going to die.

PL isnt a lane pusher anymore hes more gank oriented now.

Phoenix got a nice aghs upgrade

Now not only does Pugna suck, but he blows now too.

Razor got nerfed whew

Riki is now pretty trash, but maybe he'll be good we'll see

Shadow Demon. 3 DEMONIC PURGES. YOU GET A PURGE, AND YOU GET A PURGE. EVERYONE GETS A PURGE.

Silencer is REALLY going to hurt with that silencer glaive buff.

Skywrath got a slight nerf. oh well, I'll probably still enjoy playing him

Slardar still sucks

Haha oh boy sniper. We'll see what comes out of you now, but as of right now hes pretty bad.

Space cow is now viable

Sven aghanims upgrade WE ALL MAN MODE NOW

They buffed terror blade and put him in CM HAHAHAHAH

RIP Tinker ethereal blade nerf and march nerf really screwed him.

I really like this Treant aghs buff, makes me want to play him now.

Undying is now going to wreck people not only early game BUT LATE GAME TOO.

Praise Jesus, for Viper got a nerf.

aw yis Weaver buff

Warlock got huge buffs you'll definitely see more of im

Ok now Im gonna blow your mind

YOU CAN BUFF VISAGE FAMILIAR WITH SVEN SGHS UPGRADED ULTIMATE.

PUGNA WITH AGHS CAN GIVE PEOPLE HEALTH. IF IO IS TETHERED TO HIM AND HE GIVES IO HEALTH, HE ACTUALLY GAINS BACK MORE HEALTH THAN HE LOSES.

BLOODSEEKERS NEW BLOODRAGE ALSO BUFFS THE DAMAGE OF SPELLS. YOU WILL NOW SEE BLOODSEEKER USE BLOODRAGE ON HEROS LIKE ZUES AND HE WILL AGHS REFRESHER DOUBLE ULT YOU FOR A TON OF DAMAGE.

WITH SEARING ARROWS NO LONGER BEING A UNIQUE ATTACK MODIFIER ON CLINKZ, HE CAN GET ITEMS LIKE HELM OF THE DOMINATOR. HELM OF THE DOMINATOR NOW GIVES THE CREEP YOU TAKE CONTROL OF BONUS HEALTH. YOU CAN ULT THE CREEP WITH BONUS HEALTH WITH CLINKZ SO HE GAINS EVEN MORE HP.

YOU CAN USE PHOENIX ULT TO REVIVE ANOTHER TEAMMATE. SO IF YOU FIGHT AGAINST A WRAITH KING WITH REFRESHER AND AEGIS THAT MEANS HE CAN DIE 4 TIMES.

There might be more stuff Im missing but thats all I know at the moment and holy wall of text Batman

Last edited:

SparklyMuffinz

Reaction score
Sasher said:
Holy shit this update
I KNOW RIGHT, I WAS/AM FLIPPING OUT.

Sasher said:
Idk how I feel about two runes spawning now. I guess its good, before it was a competition to who would get to rune first, and whoever got it would have the lane advantage. With that gone it'll just be whoever kills who first.
I kind of don't like this because there used to be competition in mid and there still will be but less now. What's always happened is the runes are (hopefully) warded, the 2:00 mark and rune spawns so you either decide if you want to lose out on the experience and go get it and hopefully benefit you later OR you see your opponent has decided to do that so you guys fight over that DD. Now that 2 are spawning, this isn't as big of a deal because we know that those runes are going to spawn every 2 mins so whether you go up or down, you're still going to get a rune. I don't really see the benefit of it now unless you get the gold rune. For example, let's say runes aren't warded and you think you should go top while your opponent goes bot. You get haste and he gets the gold; who benefited the most here? He did. That haste isn't going to help you right now unless you have good early solo-kill hero. So in the off-chance that your opponent isn't going for any runes, you go top and see a rune which you can't use atm unless you have a bottle, you now have to go check the bottom rune as well because we know it's going to be the gold rune and we want that advantage but I don't know yet if it's worth making that trip instead of just staying in lane, last hitting and getting that exp.

You know what I mean?

Sasher said:
I've seen some of the map changes and this is definetly going to change a lot of strats and positioning tactics
I have no idea how this will work for our gameplay yet. I think of that area to the right of Dire's secret shop (the left of the tier 2 tower) and how many team fights happened that but that area has changed a lot. Even the trees by Radiant's jungle which I don't think was needed, I prefer there not being a path there. Ganking 101. I don't know yet but I am excited to test it out.

Sasher said:
with the towers buffed and the new fortify buff, meme pushing is no longer a thing.
TOTES. Delaying the push is going to be much easier now. Don't forget the tower's armor buff.

I also just wanted to touch on how they've changed denying creeps to actually be useful now.

Sasher said:
Bane ult buff oh my god AHAHAHAH you almost have to get a silence, a team of BKB's, or just not focus bane when he ults someone now especially if he also gets a BKB.
I laughed at this too, that is totally jokes. It seems so unnecessary but entertaining. I was wondering though, does this apply for using spells as well?

Sasher said:
Chen walking around with ANCIENTS at like 1.7k HEALTH is going to be hilarious and I cant wait to see it. Also he got a lot of good buffs.
THIS is what I want people to realize!!! He'll be using ancients now and at first my friend and I were like 'oh no, it must not mean ancients' but HOLY. Like I think of how long it would take a little CM to take down 1 regular ancient and now he can have like 3? Bigbigbig thing imo. It'd take like 2 supports to take it out. xD

Sasher said:
Brood got buffed, meh. I dont like brood but I can tell this'll make her much more annoying.
Sure, she got a buff but I disagree with it making her more annoying. I think these points prove that:

• Spin Web time to enter hidden mode after taking damage increased from 3 to 6 seconds
  • Whenever Broodmother is taken out of Spin Web's free pathing, she destroys nearby trees
Like 6 seconds? If you played BM since they've updated to her this damage thing then you'll know 3 seconds was already long enough. For a hero that relies on the safety from her webs - she can't even use them for a solid 6 seconds. And let's be honest, whenever there is a BM, she is always focused down asap so I just feel like this make it more difficult for her.

Sasher said:
Clinkz searing arrows attack modifier removed MASK OF MADNESS SKADI CLINKZ JESUS CHRIST
Let's be honest, we all saw this coming after the Huskar/Ursa incident. :p We all adjusted to that, I'm hoping this will be as painless as possible until then.

Sasher said:
Earth spirit but buffed and made easier to play, not to mention his aghs upgrade is actually crazy because you could boulder smash an earth shaker as far as you would a regular stone remnant and that would be fucking terrifying.
I love his Aghs; I think it was a great idea. You can even use it on allies, I'm just not sure how that will be used at some points. But great move, great disabler.

Sasher said:
Yay void nerfs
About time, imo. Like they kept buffing him and AM the past 2-3 updates (even though AM STILL got buffed this time again) but I'm always okay with FV nerfs. Although some I don't think are nerfs but bug fixes like no longer disabling passives and Slark no longer being shown while using his ult. Question though, is "flying vision" when he traps them in the air?

Sasher said:
Huskar is now LITERALLY OP like jesus christ he is now meta with those buffs
He's pretty good but no one is using him! :( I don't know what it is about that hero no one likes?

Sasher said:
Legion commanders ult not disabling passive is actually a huge nerf for her, and with the other nerfs you'll probably not see her much anymore.
This is very true... I don't like the nerfs for her and I didn't even use her that often. I feel like after all the nerfs to some heroes, PA is going to have a good time coming up - especially with the new arcana coming out, she'll be on our scene.

Sasher said:
Lone Druids bear now has MANA. You are going to now see bears charging at you with mask of madness, blademails, dagons, and necronomicons.
Oh god, I didn't even think of this and don't forget the exp from midas goes to LD. I can see every bear having all those items now. lol

Sasher said:
Lycan now has a 1.5 cast animation on his ultimate which is good so he cant just use it as an escape conveniently right before the enemy arrives, but hes a Ferrari now with 650 ms.
I actually thought this was a great idea. I mean, it's a transformation and should have a cast animation, not just instantly transform into the wolf. I wonder what it will look like and if it will be like LD's ult so you can disjoint attacks/spells.

Sasher said:
Oh my god Ogre Magi Im literally crying its all ogre guys the game is over. Enemy picks Ogre Magi? might as well go cry in a corner if hes against you in lane because hes NEVER going to die.
I don't want to say this just yet. Well I mean for the regen, I DO NOT get. Like why does he need this? He's already a tanky #$%# on his own, and now his regen is extraordinary but otherwise they still kept him pretty balance I think. They've lowered his damage output but increased his chances, kind of like someone else that I can't think of atm.

Sasher said:
PL isnt a lane pusher anymore hes more gank oriented now.
I really don't know how to feel about the new PL... Does this mean his new abilities are useless until he gets his ult? Since it's his ult that creates illusions now?? I also have NO idea how Doppelganger will look. Pretty weird, I imagine. I feel like I'm playing that game with the 3 cups and you put a ball under it, then mix them all up and guess which cup the ball is under. His passive is really interesting but also sooooort of not needed with Spirit Lance? But his ult was majorly buffed, wasn't it? I thought the max limit before was 6 illusions but now it's 10.

Sasher said:
Phoenix got a nice aghs upgrade
Nice? Haha, we have different opinions here. I still don't really see people using Phoenix's ult correctly and now they're just going to use on other people, most likely eliminating TWO team mates instead of just suiciding yourself. :p

Sasher said:
Now not only does Pugna suck, but he blows now too.
I 100% disagree! Pugna has a lot going for him, just not a lot of people see it! He has been played as a pusher/carry in the pro scene but I hate that, I just don't see it. A pusher, yes, ofc, but he's listed as a support and I think this change is going to be an awesome way for him to be put back into that support position and people will pick him up as that, not a carry. That's a great burst of healing and I think it will be super useful to Pugna players.

Sasher said:
Riki is now pretty trash, but maybe he'll be good we'll see
Yeah, holy crap. I have no idea what happened here. Like his stats are nerfed so it's expected everything else is buffed to make up for it, right? WRONG. Back stab isn't even an amazing skill but now it's his ult but not only that - it's sort of nerfed? It's not even strong or good.

Sasher said:
Shadow Demon. 3 DEMONIC PURGES. YOU GET A PURGE, AND YOU GET A PURGE. EVERYONE GETS A PURGE.
Hell yes. Valve is basically asking us all to play SD. So everyone, don't play SD. lol. As a SD player though, who wouldn't love all his buffs? Aghs seems less of a debatable item with 3 purges, it's so good.

Sasher said:
Haha oh boy sniper. We'll see what comes out of you now, but as of right now hes pretty bad.
This. Removing that stun... even though it was so small, I think it will hurt him. Like there was a time they buffed that thing into oblivion and we've all seen those videos of it chain stunning people, like a SB going to charge, an ES trying to fissure. That stun saves Sniper a lot and now it's just a MS and AS slow - a very good MS and AS slow and very annoying but I don't think it will save him.

Sasher said:
Sven aghanims upgrade WE ALL MAN MODE NOW
Love it, I think it's a great idea.

Sasher said:
Undying is now going to wreck people not only mid game BUT LATE GAME TOO.
Tombstone is already his best ability and I think did not need a buff. I'm really happy as an Undying player but Tombstone was already JUST SO GOOD. But ffs, maybe now people will understand how good his ult is. Undying is just a great hero overall. I love all his qualities, he's just fantastic.

Sasher said:
PUGNA WITH AGHS CAN GIVE PEOPLE HEALTH. IF IO IS TETHERED TO HIM AND HE GIVES IO HEALTH, HE ACTUALLY GAINS BACK MORE HEALTH THAN HE LOSES.
Yes and my question is... can he give mana too then?

Sasher said:
BLOODSEEKERS NEW BLOODRAGE ALSO BUFFS THE DAMAGE OF SPELLS. YOU WILL NOW SEE BLOODSEEKER USE BLOODRAGE ON HEROS LIKE ZUES AND HE WILL AGHS REFRESHER DOUBLE ULT YOU FOR A TON OF DAMAGE.
For those who haven't seen it - CLICK ME.

OK let's talk about this hero. They basically just took Blood Rage and divided it into 2 abilities. The heal from his passive went into Blood Rage and the silence/damage went into Blood Rite. As for Blood Rite, see above. At first I thought I didn't think it'd be effective but look HOW FAST that thing FORMS. That does not look like 3 seconds! :p I kind of like it though. I think it will make people see that he's not really a great carry. All BS are over-killers; I have yet to see one that isn't so I hope people will understand this hero better. Also haihai nerf to Rupture.

Sasher said:
WITH SEARING ARROWS NO LONGER BEING A UNIQUE ATTACK MODIFIER ON CLINKZ, HE CAN GET ITEMS LIKE HELM OF THE DOMINATOR. HELM OF THE DOMINATOR NOW GIVES THE CREEP YOU TAKE CONTROL OF BONUS HEALTH. YOU CAN ULT THE CREEP WITH BONUS HEALTH WITH CLINKZ SO HE GAINS EVEN MORE HP.
... OK yeah, that's a great idea. Didn't even put those pieces together.

The things I want to talk about:
  • Courier morph - cool and weird. Not really necessary but I know when I get a new courier and someone buys it first, it's kinda like FU.
  • SF arcana - Unexpected(??) but totally up for it. I hope people buy it and play him more. :)
  • Guys, what about Crimson Guard??? It's the item I've always wanted... a buckler.
  • ALSO(!!), how about that they REMOVED the damage types from abilities? I've always thought they should've done this and I'm so happy they did. It just makes much more sense this way.
  • Also dat Doom nerf.
  • Allies can now jump into Tusk's snowball. Pretty cool feature.
  • Hnggghhh that Nether Swap buff. <3
  • Why is no one talking about that BKB nerf(?)? You only have 1, that's it.
  • Blink Dagger's cost went up, Bloodstone completely changed in price - good or bad?
  • Butterfly now has an active ability but is it really necessary?
  • No but guys, legit, they NERFED our couriers. Let's look at this for a second:
    • Before, your flying courier would fly at a 522 MS for 20 seconds with a 40 second CD. Not too bad.
    • And now? A 650 MS for 4 seconds and a 90 CD. That is just ridiculous imo.
  • Another important note: TPs now cost 100, not 135. Thank goodness.
  • Also more bots! They just added Bloodseeker, Shadow Fiend and Skywrath. Sooo cool. I always play bots so I can't wait to face these. Haven't even learned the Pudge bot yet (but Riki bot is OP).
  • You can now alt click the time to tell the time so I can save a space in my scroll-wheel for a new one. :D
That's about it, I think. Huge update, can't wait for it.

Reactions: Sasher

Sasher

Reaction score
The things I want to talk about:
  • Courier morph - cool and weird. Not really necessary but I know when I get a new courier and someone buys it first, it's kinda like FU.
  • SF arcana - Unexpected(??) but totally up for it. I hope people buy it and play him more. :)
  • Guys, what about Crimson Guard??? It's the item I've always wanted... a buckler.
  • ALSO(!!), how about that they REMOVED the damage types from abilities? I've always thought they should've done this and I'm so happy they did. It just makes much more sense this way.
  • Also dat Doom nerf.
  • Allies can now jump into Tusk's snowball. Pretty cool feature.
  • Hnggghhh that Nether Swap buff. <3
  • Why is no one talking about that BKB nerf(?)? You only have 1, that's it.
  • Blink Dagger's cost went up, Bloodstone completely changed in price - good or bad?
  • Butterfly now has an active ability but is it really necessary?
  • No but guys, legit, they NERFED our couriers. Let's look at this for a second:
    • Before, your flying courier would fly at a 522 MS for 20 seconds with a 40 second CD. Not too bad.
    • And now? A 650 MS for 4 seconds and a 90 CD. That is just ridiculous imo.
  • Another important note: TPs now cost 100, not 135. Thank goodness.
  • Also more bots! They just added Bloodseeker, Shadow Fiend and Skywrath. Sooo cool. I always play bots so I can't wait to face these. Haven't even learned the Pudge bot yet (but Riki bot is OP).
  • You can now alt click the time to tell the time so I can save a space in my scroll-wheel for a new one. :D
That's about it, I think. Huge update, can't wait for it.
With the damage change too, Venge's ult wasn't only buffed, but her W aswell since now that can turn off items like salves, bottles, and blink daggers. Now maybe I'll get less people complaining when I mid Venge.

From what I've heard they nerfed the courier to prevent bottle crowing.

And yeah that BKB nerf is pretty devastating. Atleast the timer stops at 5 instead of 4 now.

Also there two things that'll probably get fixed before its released, but with the change to damage types, you can use urn to set off things like cold snap and TA's refraction, plus it stacks with sticky napalm. Another thing is that when you use phoenix on someone who is channeling an ult; the ult will continue to channel while the supernova is happening. That means you can ult someone like Witch Doctor or Enigma and their ults will still be going while theyre being reincarnated. Volvo plz

EDIT: Oh and I also want to add how meta PA is going to be this patch. By nerfing Void, LC, and Doom from disabling passives they've indirectly buffed PA by A TON. Not to mention you won't even see her ganking now unless you look directly at where she is.

Last edited:

SparklyMuffinz

Reaction score
Sasher said:
EDIT: Oh and I also want to add how meta PA is going to be this patch. By nerfing Void, LC, and Doom from disabling passives they've indirectly buffed PA by A TON. Not to mention you won't even see her ganking now unless you look directly at where she is.
This is exactly what I was trying to stress.

OK, she did and didn't get buffed. By this I mean, now you can't really counter pick her. Void loses his truestrike in Chrono, LC can't hit her in Duel and Doom won't be disabling any passives until he gets Scepter (arguably an item he should rush now if facing a PA??) but there has and always be her one item counter: Monkey King Bar. This just means that anyone trying to face her, is 100% going to need it now because they removed a lot of the other counters. As a CM player, I am not looking forward to it. :) Trying to think what other hero counters there are for PA? I think for FV and PA to 1v1, they're relying on their passives, haha.

With the damage change too, Venge's ult wasn't only buffed, but her W aswell since now that can turn off items like salves, bottles, and blink daggers. Now maybe I'll get less people complaining when I mid Venge.
I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS. I've ALWAYS hated how it was HP removal; I never even liked that type. Not even Necrophos is HP removal anymore, it's beautiful. Like this is probably a bigger thing then it seems because 'what's the difference, still does the same thing, just a different type' but she can SO EASILY stop those items you mentioned. The next 100 games will probably be Venge for me, I've always wanted this change.

Something I keep thinking about... and the more I think about it, the more I think it's possible. With Bloodseeker's changes... is he more viable in the support role now than a carry? OK think about it:
  • Has the potential to heal allies (default support ability, js).
  • Amplifies all damage enemies can take (spells!!!) which can target spell immune heroes.
  • AOE silence (great counters to channeling spells *COUGHAghs BaneCOUGH*)
  • Passive that can allow them to chance chasing those low health heroes (by "them" I mean him and his carry).
  • And the speed boost (which was technically buffed few updates ago to remove the MS cap) to totally body block the enemy.
  • Rupture to hold the enemy in place while the carry does the damage and kill.
I think this is wonderful. :D

EDIT: Unrelated but really cool video someone made for the Saxxy Awards, retelling the story of Pudge's Dota 2 lore. I hope he makes more!

EDIT 2: Old TF2 reference but so relevant now. :D

Last edited:

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
This is exactly what I was trying to stress.

OK, she did and didn't get buffed. By this I mean, now you can't really counter pick her. Void loses his truestrike in Chrono, LC can't hit her in Duel and Doom won't be disabling any passives until he gets Scepter (arguably an item he should rush now if facing a PA??) but there has and always be her one item counter: Monkey King Bar. This just means that anyone trying to face her, is 100% going to need it now because they removed a lot of the other counters. As a CM player, I am not looking forward to it. :) Trying to think what other hero counters there are for PA? I think for FV and PA to 1v1, they're relying on their passives, haha.
Actually there is still one other counter that people tend to forget and thats hex, since it removes all evasion and damage block, so sheepstick, lion and shadow shaman all counter pa until she gets a bkb in which the hard counter mkb comes into play. But early game counters are definately lion and shadow shaman, since those hard disables are a god send.

Reactions: SparklyMuffinz

Swate

Llamasaur!
Reaction score
Website
www.iamawesome.com
So, on a topic other than 6.82, I've recently started pushing myself to random choose characters (maybe the odd game where I pick something I like like jug or invo, but mostly) and it's been pretty interesting. Thanks to this, I've now had my first games as PA, Batrider, Dazzle, Clockwerk and, my personal favourite of my randoms so far, Timbersaw.

It's pretty interesting. I see why so many people chose Phantom Assassin in my first games, it's so easy ._. her flipping ult is a passive. I still agree with the philosophy I made when I started that I'd prefer to be meh at a hard class than good at a brainless class.

SparklyMuffinz

Reaction score
So, on a topic other than 6.82, I've recently started pushing myself to random choose characters (maybe the odd game where I pick something I like like jug or invo, but mostly) and it's been pretty interesting. Thanks to this, I've now had my first games as PA, Batrider, Dazzle, Clockwerk and, my personal favourite of my randoms so far, Timbersaw.

It's pretty interesting. I see why so many people chose Phantom Assassin in my first games, it's so easy ._. her flipping ult is a passive. I still agree with the philosophy I made when I started that I'd prefer to be meh at a hard class than good at a brainless class.
This is a great thing to do. What level are you?

I mean I didn't start choosing other heroes months into playing because I was trying to stick to what I knew and perfect it; obviously not fully possible. So I have over 100 games as Disruptor and Crystal Maiden, the only heroes I can even place decently. But then I stumbled upon one of the best heroes, Venge (ofc), and that's what made me learn to play every hero. POINT OF THE STORY: Better to start early. I mean, if you're a low level, people are doing this anyways. It's just the more you go on, the more people hate on you for randoming a hero you don't know how to play in a pub (worse if ranked). But you'll notice it's easier to counter when you know how every hero works (I'm that one ass who always waits to counter-pick lol but its good. I love it.)

But look at that! 4/5 of those heroes got a buff this patch. Just don't expect Batrider to get one - ALL NERFS, NO BUFFS!

On the topic of PA though, not always easy. Any person to pick PA should expect a difficult early game, if the other team knows what they're doing. It's like any hard carry though, you shut then down ASAP and try to finish in the mid game. How have you been doing as PA? I know I can't play her for crap. I love her because she's lots of fun but I suck.

Final question:
And which exactly do you consider a "brainless class"? :p

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Its funny, I was looking through some of the changes and my intial look of riki was one of skepticism, but I really feel this could be a good change for him. With blink strike now having charges, he is a much more mobile hero now I feel, and his style of play will be a lot different, I honestly can't wait to test it out.

#Oak's Top 5 Most underrated but most anticipated changes

• Agree
Reactions: mariosatr and Swate

Swate

Llamasaur!
Reaction score
Website
www.iamawesome.com
This is a great thing to do. What level are you?

I mean I didn't start choosing other heroes months into playing because I was trying to stick to what I knew and perfect it; obviously not fully possible. So I have over 100 games as Disruptor and Crystal Maiden, the only heroes I can even place decently. But then I stumbled upon one of the best heroes, Venge (ofc), and that's what made me learn to play every hero. POINT OF THE STORY: Better to start early. I mean, if you're a low level, people are doing this anyways. It's just the more you go on, the more people hate on you for randoming a hero you don't know how to play in a pub (worse if ranked). But you'll notice it's easier to counter when you know how every hero works (I'm that one ass who always waits to counter-pick lol but its good. I love it.)

But look at that! 4/5 of those heroes got a buff this patch. Just don't expect Batrider to get one - ALL NERFS, NO BUFFS!

On the topic of PA though, not always easy. Any person to pick PA should expect a difficult early game, if the other team knows what they're doing. It's like any hard carry though, you shut then down ASAP and try to finish in the mid game. How have you been doing as PA? I know I can't play her for crap. I love her because she's lots of fun but I suck.

Final question:
And which exactly do you consider a "brainless class"? :p
I'm level 16 I think? Or 17. About there. I have 200 hours.

What's really got me quite infatuated with the idea of learning all of the classes was a post on Reddit a little while ago which analogised the heroes in Dota to chess pieces, each having its own abilities and fortés. Of course, more like 5 player chess, but you get the picture. I'm big on chess and it reinforced the way I already felt about the characters working together with one another in a team with a common goal, it's quite abstractly beautiful tbh.

I recognise I should try to do this early for partly the same reason you say, thus I am doing so for my own good, regardless of whether I really want to play a particular class or not. It's almost like I'm disciplining myself haha.. I take my games too seriously.

It was quite good for a first game, I think, in terms of KDA. But the other team had two DC's and we were farmed as holy hell. As soon as I noticed it was extremely one sided and we were definitely going to win, I coupled that with my inexperience in choosing which items to buy and decided to just get a Dagon and be the dirtiest killstealer this side of mid. So that went well.
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/918316083

As for a "brainless class," don't listen to me x) I realise that any class can be used amazingly in the right hands, when I say brainless class I just mean one that doesn't have many active abilities. See, classes have to be pretty balanced. This means that a class with, for example, 4 actives is balanced with a class that has 2 actives. Ergo, if both are assumed to be balanced, the class with 2 actives has to do less thinking with their abilities to counter the other. Just my biased two cents though, if you don't agree with that then that's fine :p

That's about it heeh. Also, I noticed I said class a couple times instead of hero and I'm too lazy to go back through it. Old TF2 habits, just imagine I said hero.

Sasher

Reaction score
  • Sad
Reactions: SparklyMuffinz