Imperator Romanus Sacer
Reaction score
so this happened a couple of days ago:
>pa gets contract target early
>they begin to snowball and take 2 rax
>they cannot take 3rd rax and stalemate ensues
>arduous struggle for victory and contract sets continues

a snapshot:
01:31:37 Phantom Assassin: toilet break?.
01:31:41 Puck: bathroom break.
01:31:48 Earthshaker paused the match.
01:31:48 Shadow Fiend: втф?.
01:31:48 Queen of Pain: guys.
01:31:48 Queen of Pain: u morons.
01:31:48 Phantom Assassin: it been 91 mins.
01:31:48 Lion unpaused the match after 15.
01:31:57 Earthshaker: i go loo.
01:32:00 Phantom Assassin: poor guy ha bladder problems.
so in the end we win and prepare for our long awaited sets...
then a sudden twist of fortune means that rngesus turns against us and we get no sets
i cri everytiem
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1042992078

• Sad
Reactions: SparklyMuffinz

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
Yay, Ursa buffs.
I was going to post the link as soon as it was released like I have been doing... but then I wondered if you guys even needed me to update you, haha.

I'm excited for this one though. Maybe we'll start seeing more Lifestealer? People are saying its a nerf but I don't understand how, to be honest.

Honorable mentions (I believe):
  • Frosty map is beautiful!
  • Nesty Cache looks cool, happy we can at least get effigies now for those who didn't own a compendium. :(
  • My personal favorite: THE ALT CLICKING. I wanted those features for so long and now they're here!
  • First CM buff in 3 - 4 updates.
  • Random WR buffs??
  • Those item changes: courier (buff?), Eul's (nerf), bottle (nerfed again!)
I could go on, many interesting changes.

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I dunno how random the wr buffs were, I didn't like her before, maybe that changes now.
Also
LION GOT A FREAKING BASE DAMAGE BUFF HORAAY, its about damn time Volvo.
Oh and Techies also got his land mines buffed, should only take 2 mines stacked to kill someone at level 1, meaning you should have time to mine 2 separate locations now before the creep waves meet.

SparklyMuffinz

Reaction score
Swate said:
Like, a lot. I find a hero I like and I obsess over playing them.
SparklyMuffinz said:
... That's whyI expanded out to tanky team fight heroes like Undying and Sand King. ...
... Weaver is probably my favorite hero at the moment. ...
... Mine is Venge because I love her. ...
... So I have over 100 games as Disruptor and Crystal Maiden, the only heroes I can even place decently. ...
... I've taken on a new liking for a different hero. [...] Medusa is just so much fun??? ...
... I love love love Neceophos but I can never win as him and it's extremely frustrating. ...
... I, too, have this issue. I'm pretty sure I'm on Razor at the moment.

List of heroes I probably will never touch though!:
  • Batrider
  • Beastmaster
  • Brewmaster
  • Meepo
  • Slardar
  • Storm Spirit
  • Techies (even though they're my hero challenge :()
  • Troll Warlord
  • and more!
But love that chain, I hope they never change that. Pretty nice stats you got there too. :)

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
With the buffs to windranger she seems a lot more viable now, before she was a bit of an 'ugh' pick but now she is finally getting to the point where there are merits to picking her.

That power shot range is amazing by the way.

Sasher

Reaction score
List of heroes I probably will never touch though!:
  • Batrider
  • Beastmaster
  • Brewmaster
  • Meepo
  • Slardar
  • Storm Spirit
  • Techies (even though they're my hero challenge :()
  • Troll Warlord
  • and more!
But love that chain, I hope they never change that. Pretty nice stats you got there too. :)
The only heros I hate playing are Doom, Chen, and Tusk. Screw those guys.

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
You pick Tush you are literally saying you want to gank the shit out of every other lane.
Played him in a game with a centuar where we were constantly ganking, and we forced a 15 minute ragequit by the enemy team. Thankfully they had a really greedy lineup, but otherwise I don't like Tusk all that much.

Riketr

Reaction score
So yesterday I met this guy idiot in a game who said that you suck at a hero if you can't carry a team of hard bots as them. Obviously I don't suck at Sniper by this logic (screeny from a hard bot game)

Sasher

Reaction score
Tusk - I don't like that change to Ice Chards made a few updates ago.

But why those 3?
I just cant play doom, he doesn't work with me. Same goes for Chen, but even if I knew how to play him I still wouldn't like him. Tusk just sucks. I think hes not a good hero, and that there are other heros who fit his role better.

SparklyMuffinz

Reaction score
I just cant play doom, he doesn't work with me. Same goes for Chen, but even if I knew how to play him I still wouldn't like him. Tusk just sucks. I think hes not a good hero, and that there are other heros who fit his role better.
What even is Tusk's role? Seen him played different ways but I don't think he's necessarily the best at it, like you said. Except the crits.

So yesterday I met this guy idiot in a game...
Who was that? Haha. Unfortunately when it comes to right clickers, bots are morons but still, good job winning as bots also tend to also feed like crazy so you can never play by yourself. :D

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
What even is Tusk's role? Seen him played different ways but I don't think he's necessarily the best at it, like you said. Except the crits.
Tusk's role is that of a very aggressive ganker/initiator.
Snowball is your initiating tool, allowing you to rapidly close the distance between you are your target with the added benefit of bringing teammates along with you.

Ice shards is used to trap heroes you initiate on.

Frozen Sigil is good for slowing down targets you are chasing, its also a great debuff on enemy heroes in situations where your ult doesn't quite finish off enemy carrys.

And pretty obviously his ult is just a powerful physical nuke. It's also a second disable in certain circumstances.

The downsides of Tusk.
He sucks as a lane support. 'Nough said
Snowball is great for initiating on the enemy as a team, but there are much better ways to do that.
He is a combo hero, he works better in certain lineups but those are few and far between.
As a carry he falls off pretty quickly, and his abilities all suck entering into the lategame.
He also isn't great at pushing either. And for an aggressive early game ganking hero this can be an issue.

Pretty much the only time I play Tusk is when I random him. You have to play aggressively all game and make sure you have a decent lead over the enemy team. Your goal should be to end the game at the earliest opportunity.

• Informative
Reactions: SparklyMuffinz

Riketr

Reaction score
Unfortunately when it comes to right clickers, bots are morons but still, good job winning as bots also tend to also feed like crazy so you can never play by yourself. :D
Whenever I play bots on any difficulty except passive, it's always their bots that feed our bots, who then proceed to carry

SparklyMuffinz

Reaction score
I only go into bot games to practice my invoker/meepo micro skillz
Unfortunately some time ago, I developed an intense fear of solo queing (for awhile it was pubs in general) so I spent a long time in bot matches practicing every hero - which is how I know a lot the bot's behaviours. Pretty pathetic. :D

Iguana said:
Oh I have plenty of gifs that show how wonderfully balanced this hero is. I didn't know you played this game though? :p