Dota 2

Sasher

Reaction score

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
Holy crap @Sasher. You have really good sets. Did you buy them all? Trade them? You have the Venge set too AND Scree'auk Talon... wow.

I'm gonna add you now!

EDIT: Nice Tidehunter background. Mine is Venge. :p

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Sasher

Sasher

Reaction score
Holy crap @Sasher. You have really good sets. Did you buy them all? Trade them? You have the Venge set too AND Scree'auk Talon... wow.

I'm gonna add you now!

EDIT: Nice Tidehunter background. Mine is Venge. :p
When I started dota 2 I immediately got into trading (did lots of buying low and selling high), so I traded for all these sets without spending a dime ;) and thanks it took a long time to get most of these items

SparklyMuffinz

Reaction score
When I started dota 2 I immediately got into trading (did lots of buying low and selling high), so I traded for all these sets without spending a dime ;) and thanks it took a long time to get most of these items
I can surely tell. I spent a lot of time at the Dota 2 Lounge trading everything I had for that Venge set (hence why it took me so long to get it. Averaging $15 for the Scree'auk Talon and another $15 for the set itself. No thanks?) But that's where I learned the prices of everything too. Very nice!

Also, I totally thought it was you who said they were new but I checked your profile and you have double my hours (I misread the name of the poster.) Amazing!

Sasher

Reaction score
I can surely tell. I spent a lot of time at the Dota 2 Lounge trading everything I had for that Venge set (hence why it took me so long to get it. Averaging $15 for the Scree'auk Talon and another $15 for the set itself. No thanks?) But that's where I learned the prices of everything too. Very nice!

Also, I totally thought it was you who said they were new but I checked your profile and you have double my hours (I misread the name of the poster.) Amazing!
Thanks! I mostly trade on Dota 2 lounge aswell, although I don't do as much trading as I used to. And there have beens nights where I've left my computer on, so I wouldn't say the hours are completely accurate.

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Oh wow, you did get it. Did you get a chest and open it with pure luck or buy it? :p Which heroes did you get for your challenge?

I want to post my sets now too! :D Maybe I will after this post.

If only we were all as versatile... The moment two supports are picked, I'm sort of screwed. (Obviously doesn't happen often since this is Dota but it has before.) That's why I expanded out to tanky team fight heroes like Undying and Sand King [Not played in Role 5 ofc]. They are mega fun to play.)

I want to know what your build for SF is though. Do you go the BKB route?

Oh nice! Have you completed your hero challenge yet? I find some of the immortals are really cool and some not so much. The Tinker one is by far the best in my opinion. The DK one is also pretty cool but not many people like it for some reason... The CM is just... Ugh. :p It removes her hair and if just looks silly. Also the Warlock immortal... the animation is awesome but the staff itself is ew. The DP even gives her legs which I didn't like... I liked having her all ghost-like and it goes with 0 of her sets. Regardless, I'm glad they released these! You'll see a lot of these heroes played now in pubs because people have these items. The only problem is, they most likely don't know how to play the hero at all so.

If you ever want help playing, let me know! :) I'm only level 52 but I mostly play with level 110 people so I learned fast.
I wasn't sure what gems were in the Lion Immortal so originally I opened 2 of the new chests, got the cm and windrunner ones :S
Afterwards I asked around to find out what gems were in it, learning that it was only a finger kills gem (which is in my cape and collar item) i just went onto the market and got one that had mana drained in it instead.

Also for the heroes challenge I got mostly carries which I hate playing -.-
Trying to tick off centaur warrunner at the moment, not going well.

EDIT: on the subject of Shadow Fiend you generally build shadow blade, bkb since the extra damage from your souls allows you to deal very high damage in the mid game. You move on to a tankability item next such as satanic or skadi as the mid game progresses to the late game since thats all SF really needs is a bit more tank in this stage, late game is where you build butterfly or daedlus since thats when SF's damage starts to drop off. Major item builds I would suggest.

Shadow Blade>BKB>Satanic>Butterfly>Daedlus

or

Shadow Blade>BKB>Skadi>Manta>Daedlus

Since Manta and Skadi work well together

Last edited:

SparklyMuffinz

Reaction score
Except carry Earthshaker, carry Earthshaker always works.
The crits.

Should always be a must imo!

In dota, everything is situational.
And that's why I love the game. So many times my ancient has been down to like 50 life but my team has still managed to win. Even the opposite, you're winning so hard but one mistake and you lost it all.

mariosatr

Imperator Romanus Sacer
Reaction score
I'm going to assume the item choices are because they realized the game was clearly lost. :p
I'm not too sure about that, but either way the opponents were horrible. I guess the PA item choice wasn't too terrible, as I kept escaping from Relocate-ganks through Shadow Blade (or just straight up 1v2 killing them), but the Boots of Travel has no excuse imo. For what happened that game: Invoker fed me multiple kills very early game and ragequit. Other lanes didn't get too fed, but each won their lane fairly easily against their opponents nonetheless, while I proceeded roamed as a killing machine.

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Bloody Irritating some people are.

I random bloodseeker right at the start of picks, other team pretty quickly random, huskar AND viper, now I don't want to attempt to lane against either of them, so I decide to jungle WHICH IS PERFECTLY LEGIT FOR A BLOODSEEKER, of course I've solo que'd with a 4 stack who quickly tell me that legion commander is a better jungler and then they put me in the safelane against Huskar and Leshrac. Well of course I end up feeding, especially when your only support is a silencer who can't do shit against a combo like that. Sigh, all in all it was a sad game

SparklyMuffinz

Reaction score
Told me what?

so I decide to jungle
There's your first problem. :p Don't hate but he's pretty bad at it for the first few levels. Lately when I've seen him used for jungling, they'll play him in lane for the first few levels and then move to the jungle but that doesn't always work in my opinion. The person you're leaving is behind in levels that they would have had if you weren't there in the first place. I don't know, I just think he's better in lane. In regards to lane you faced though, it's rough if that lesh can actually land his stuns, I don't envy that. Huskar can be just as annoying as Viper with his harass. :p Although I don't think Silencer should've been as useless as you made him sound. I think he could've at least picked on Leshrac.

But it's OK, reminds me of that time when a Crystal Maiden that tried 1v1ing a Necrophos and proceeded to die when the rest of the team showed up then blamed me. We ended up arguing over it, it was pretty funny. Although she was only playing CM because of that immortal piece. What did I say earlier! We're going to be with a lot of people that have no idea how to play these heroes but will die trying anyways because they have that immortal item. I'm done rambling now though.
At first I was impressed with the Kunkka, then I saw you also had an AM that went 0 deaths as well. Damn, well played. :p

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
There's your first problem. :p Don't hate but he's pretty bad at it for the first few levels. Lately when I've seen him used for jungling, they'll play him in lane for the first few levels and then move to the jungle but that doesn't always work in my opinion. The person you're leaving is behind in levels that they would have had if you weren't there in the first place. I don't know, I just think he's better in lane. In regards to lane you faced though, it's rough if that lesh can actually land his stuns, I don't envy that. Huskar can be just as annoying as Viper with his harass. :p Although I don't think Silencer should've been as useless as you made him sound. I think he could've at least picked on Leshrac.
It was just the particular lineup, i was going to get smashed if i tried to lane, which I did, I know he isn't the fastest jungler, that being said, neither is legion commander. If someone was going to call priority over the jungle then they had better do it with a decent jungler, that was what really pissed me off most of all. And of course the legion didnt end up doing anything for the team after all that time jungling anyways, since she relies on the team to actually utilise her ult and be a force to be reckoned with, in which case our lineup was already pretty shakey so yeah =/

SparklyMuffinz

Reaction score
It was just the particular lineup, i was going to get smashed if i tried to lane, which I did, I know he isn't the fastest jungler, that being said, neither is legion commander. If someone was going to call priority over the jungle then they had better do it with a decent jungler, that was what really pissed me off most of all. And of course the legion didnt end up doing anything for the team after all that time jungling anyways, since she relies on the team to actually utilise her ult and be a force to be reckoned with, in which case our lineup was already pretty shakey so yeah =/
Do you have a dotabuff profile? I'd love the see the end results of this match. :p