CAPITALISM MAFIA

G

Guest35486

why is everyone so quiet, and just posting so little. I dont see us taking more of a look into these guys as we dont have any information on them, but if inactive people dont get more active by tomorrow, it might be a good idea to take a look on them.
- Probably because school's started for most and long posts are hard to get through.

I've shared my opinions but it's kind of hard to reply to chains of posts where two people direct them to each other until I thoroughly read through them and find something out of place.

To restate, I still find paige slightly suspicious from the beginning, but less so now that we know there wasn't a silencer. It's just vibes atm. I think Iggish leans towards town at the moment, and Rune mafia. (Tagging vanilla after his role claim seemed forced, overall impression) I'm putting Inffy as town right now. Vat was active when he subbed in, but now I haven't seen too many posts. He's probably town? Weak hasn't said much, but his posts seem like he's mafia. (Unu's claim/death, general inactiveness, vague statements) Actually thinking about it, lots of people stopped replying as much recently, myself included (for the reasons listed above)

• Thank You
Reactions: Danni122112

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I read through all of Unu's post, his main targets for mafia were webpaige and TWG, if mafia lynched based on this, one of them is mafia.
Is that the conclusion you wanted me to come to when you asked me what I thought of the deaths n2????

Also it's possible the mafia want us to think ^ that so we can't take it too seriously

Also I haven't caught up yet, I haven't read the Iggish/rune exchange yet but I will do today

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm actually concerned town are fighting among themselves while Mafia are just sitting quiet. People who I don't think have said particularly much:
Arelic
Danni
erik
Jolt
Oak
Oog
Weak
Unu
paige

However, Danni, erik, Oak and Oog all said a lot at the beginning of the game, so I'm more inclined to just think its holidays. The only person here who I'm hesitant on, is Danni. He actually hasn't really said anything of use. His responses do seem mostly normal danni to me, but I'll lump him in. My new list therefore is:
Arelic
Unusual_Dood
Jolterino
Danni122112

Of people who I really want to hear from. At this moment, I'm leaning towards a vote for lynching Arelic or Unu
The only interesting thing I found here, as unu is dead and wastown, (gj comp) I trust myself, obviously, and vat has been somewhat active, is claire.
Comp accused claire and vat and died, I feel vat has been more useful than claire, so might be worth looking into?
Anyway I found the info on who unu and comp wanted to use be useful, so here it is

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Is that the conclusion you wanted me to come to when you asked me what I thought of the deaths n2????

Also it's possible the mafia want us to think ^ that so we can't take it too seriously

Also I haven't caught up yet, I haven't read the Iggish/rune exchange yet but I will do today
I am litereally just quiting info and trying to think about it, I did not want you to come to any conclusion, I wanted the info. Its amazing how you can make everything I type into some sort of move with hidden intentions.
Weren't there two dead town people today? Why assume Unu was the mafia target?
uh, no idea who were killed, but is the SK usually mafia sided our town sided or like third part everyone is dead? From what people previously stated, I assumed we wanted both dead anyway so didnt think too much of it.

erik5456

Reaction score
Sorry for lack in reply yesterday, did not have time sadly.

Replying to Infy though:

Not particularly sure how else to defend myself or show that my decisions are not that of a mafia players. I mean I guess it's just a trust thing with my arguments so. Also what's a wfiom?

I mean if we want to/find a reason to pass the SK is the same as Autocrat theory, then can we all at least agree that the autocrat should have some sort of night power? Since otherwise I feel like it'll be a seriously underpowered PR and that doesn't make sense.

The first quote was supposed to be he and not we. It was addressing what you did in the beginning by being silent and then popping up and leading the discussion from there. I was bringing up that the tactic that you used seemed like it helped the town (since you got reads) but that you could've just turned that to your advantage. Basically I'm pointing out that a mistake you could've made could've also been covered up by having it lead the town forward. Tackling the second quote since they're addressing the same topic, I mean uncharacteristic or not, the major townie read that nearly everyone has on you gives you that possibility to hide in plain sight which is why I'm bringing it up. Just the way I'd think the autocrat would want to be is leading the town so no one would notice that they're there.

I'm not quite sure who's opinions were missing? It seemed like a majority had voted at that point and voice their opinion. By not jumping the gun, I meant pushing a lynch near 2/3 of the way through. That, to me, seems like the general time where people will just bandwagon on and eventually the person will end up dead very fast. By 8/9 votes though, I felt like it was already a done deal and that Aqua was going to die one way or another. Saw no point in dilly dallying and extending the day when I had already seen most peoples opinions on the matter. Hammering Aqua was just a way to get progress going basically. Day 1 had served its purpose of all the discussion we had done and giving everyone their reads, made no sense to me to extend the day past that point.

I think we're having different thoughts here regarding censorer. I was saying it as if censorer were mafia and then if I were mafia, I would want to say they're town so that even if people find the censorer, then they're safe from a lynch. You were thinking it as if censorer were actually to be town sided though and then I call them mafia so that another townie can get lynched. Misunderstanding in which side we were addressing the censorer as basically.

Ya that post is again same thing as the other one where I mentioned giving credit where credit is due. Basically just since I originally proposed it, I'm going off of my original line of thinking when proposing it that it would be bad for mafia.

The idea was that if someone tried to call my points/post weak because of the contradiction I mentioned, then I could point out exactly what it was, and talk about how the points were still perfectly valid. Idk if this is the best explanation because not gonna lie, not 100% sure what I meant there either rn.

Wasn't even considering that connection tbh. In my post, I sorta just wanted to show what Ender asked me, what you had responded with, and then my own response so that people could get a clear look at things if they wanted to all in one post. It did make it a little denser and hard to follow sometimes, but I didn't want to cut any responses of yours out from there because I didn't want to be biased and only add in what I felt helped me so instead I just added each response.

The theory I'm mentioning is the one about you being autocrat basically. I was referencing how Ender had mentioned that we needed to look at and think about what people had and hand't done and why. I was trying to point out that Rune was trying to divert attention by calling people suspicious for throwing out the idea of you being autocrat.

Meh just expected some form of a response with an accusation or theory coming up. Just felt like that's the natural response is all

Laying low as autocrat would probably naturally feel right at first. You're a third party and don't want to pull attention to yourself. What I'm saying there is that you laid low at first not saying much, going so far as to fake being censored and allow people to discuss the idea to the point where some of us seemed convinced and that would've been the perfect cover to just not say/do anything during the day. I'm saying that you may have realized at some point that laying low was not the best option, but to stick to your guns until discussion grinded to a halt, and then completely blend in. I think the confusion comes from the part that you feel like having people discuss your censoring is beneficial to town and raises awareness to yourself while I'm saying that it's the perfect way for people to eventually forget about you, and move on. I see what you mean though since ,thinking about it now, once people started paying attention to the no talking from you it was pulling much more attention to you which you wouldn't have wanted so that's my fault for not seeing that.

The idea of the autocrat claiming is that if the game goes on for long enough to the point where there are not that many townies left, the autocrat should out themselves since otherwise as we look for them, we waste our time and our lynch may be wasted resulting in guaranteed loss for them since the mafia would outnumber and pick off the town. Basically, if it gets far enough into the game, the autocrat should reveal themselves in hopes of still managing to win. I was definitely wrong in thinking that some autocrat would force someone else to claim. I was very tired and thinking it more in terms of if someone were to claim autocrat which is stupid and wrong lol sorry.

Also I still feel like Rune is as suspicious as before and hasn't provided us with anything yet. Once more Rune, I am looking for a hard claim from you. If you really wanna stick by vanilla townie, well I simply won't accept it. Until you have explained more

Vote Runemen4

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Also found this on page 5

Notty-American
HKC-American
Aqua-American
Danni-American
Arelic-American
Oak-American
Iggish-American
(Inffy-American)

Ltin-British (dead)
Vatumok-British(dead)
Jolt-British

Ooglie-Australian
Unu-Australian
TWG-Australian
Webpaige-Australian
Erik-Australian

ComputerGuy-Irish

Ender-american

webpaige

Mafia Host
Reaction score
uh, no idea who were killed, but is the SK usually mafia sided our town sided or like third part everyone is dead? From what people previously stated, I assumed we wanted both dead anyway so didnt think too much of it.
Short summary regarding name claiming inffy, I was just confused why it was a good idea this game, and not last game, not more to it than that.

I would prefer not to claim my name, and certainly not my role because it would be bad for both me and the town, I honestly dont know what more to say, I dont have anything more I can do other than that afaik.

I did say earlier though, that I am from the USA, and was early to claim that. I dont mind sharing information that can help town, but the rest of the info I have wont be of help to us.
If there is a serial killer, it's likely going to be Ted Cruz (thus, in the American group)
You claiming your US politician is conveniently bad for the town
You seemed pretty confident that Unu was killed by mafia and not the SK
It could be a bunch of coincidences but I feel like there's a lot pointing to you being the SK
I'd like to hear other's thoughts on this though

Additionally I've found that SK is usually third party, not mafia, but still anti-town (though I'm not sure how that's relevant)

I mean if we want to/find a reason to pass the SK is the same as Autocrat theory, then can we all at least agree that the autocrat should have some sort of night power? Since otherwise I feel like it'll be a seriously underpowered PR and that doesn't make sense.
Why? Autocrat automatically wins if the town would have won. For all we know, autocrat could show up as inno on cop reports. In this case they would get the entire strengths of the town to work for their goal as long as they aren't caught.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
If there is a serial killer, it's likely going to be Ted Cruz (thus, in the American group)
It could be a bunch of coincidences but I feel like there's a lot pointing to you being the SK
I'd like to hear other's thoughts on this though

Additionally I've found that SK is usually third party, not mafia, but still anti-town (though I'm not sure how that's relevant)
He also slipped earlier and said "me" instead of "autocrat" so I mean

G

Guest35486

Comp accused claire and vat and died, I feel vat has been more useful than claire, so might be worth looking into?
Anyway I found the info on who unu and comp wanted to use be useful, so here it is
I don't know if you remember his accusation posts, but they were literally based off activity and the one joke post I made. (how Inffy should apologize for double posts) For reference, these are posts after your quote:
Ok I've just gone through all of Arelic's posts.

I missed one of her posts where she's given some opinions. She still hasn't contributed as much as I would have liked, and posts like this don't help:

"if we're apologizing for double posts in mafia I want fifty from Inffy"

Ofc it was a joke, bu something about Arelic still feels a bit off. Maybe I'm wrong, but regardless:
I think my new list (in order of most suspicious) is now therefore Unu, Jolt, Arelic, Danni.
I mean that was one post out of ten, and I've given plenty of opinions aside from that one post. (About Inffy, paige, the whole nations debate, and my suspicions) I've said that I was busy with holidays and organizing the festivity events, and I usually post when you're asleep because timezones. If you're saying jokes shouldn't happen in mafia, these games would be a lot less fun. There have been plenty of joke posts in these games, but they stay on topic anyway. If we're going off activity alone, I shouldn't be your first target. Is there anything else that feels off? You're also rating my posts dislike/optimistic without saying anything.
I addressed everything he'd brought up and asked him what else "feels off," but he never gave a response to what felt off or why he used negative ratings without stating reasons. Since he's a vanilla townie, he didn't have any additional PR information, so it's purely vibes. So he either felt that the posts were satisfactory or didn't have anything to back himself up.

You say that Vatu has been more useful than I have, but I have pointed out everything I noticed and gave my opinions. Do you mind elaborating on how you reached this conclusion? I don't want to compare post count since Vatu wasn't part of the discussion in day 1. Besides, these vibes were based off of Jolt, not Vatu, as Comp didn't have any other information related to the role they share.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
but referenced me being reactive after I was reactive in response to "when was I being reactive before you accused me of leading the town?"
What did you mean by this sentence? I can't wrap my head around it. Did you typo and mean to say "before I was reactive"?

Other than that I agree with basically everything you said apart from the name thing since he has dylexia.

I also agree that it's really strange how there's so much resistance to voting him. If he's Mafia then it makes sense - town aren't reading the situation because most of the posts against him are long-winded, and Mafia aren't helping lynch one of their own off for obvious reasons. We have people like Oak who lie and say that nobody's explained why rune is suspicious and therefore rune is probably innocent, and refuses to speak or participate, even when his question was answered.

If rune's mafia then we should probably kill oak next.

Putting that in huge writing since I feel like many people won't read this whole post, but anyway here's my responses to stuff.
Obviously not, but it would be better to ask who that politician is IF someone did claim as Canadian. As someone rightly pointed out, so far all of the politicians so far are pretty well-known politicians and it would be easy to point out Mafia if they used some random politician which isn't that well known to cover their tracks.
But this was day 1 when we only knew 2 politicians throughout the whole game. Calling someone out as Mafia would be a bit of a bold move back then and I'm skeptical that these were your intentions as some innocent scum-hunting move.

Anyways, if someone did vote for someone immediately for some suspicion without a definite picture then it does look scummy.
Is trying not to look scummy always on the forefront of your mind?

In the game of mafia, comparatives are everything. There's probably some stuff which can be taken the wrong way but the logic is there. Also, most people do this in Mafia and it's not just Inffy so I don't understand the argument of me sucking up to him.
Because you only mentioned me when you said it.

I mean, in my shoes I would say that there is a misunderstanding. When I was arguing that you were acting similarly, it was the case of you being vocal.
You said he was leading lynches. I mean I know you say that you didn't read his posts so just assumed that diagrams = leading lynches but I can't see why a townie would do that.
I mean, in my shoes I would say that there is a misunderstanding. When I was arguing that you were acting similarly, it was the case of you being vocal. This was then argued differently by Inf who said you were more reactive. I thought you being reactive was a better suit on what I felt about you so I changed my argument to adjust to this change. That's literally it, it was a mistake and not anything you were trying to imply here.
You have a case of Aqua-flu here. Why are you only just coming up with this defense now, if it's supposedly true? Because you just now thought of it, right?

Nope, at the end of the day, my theory was that someone in your country (US) is most likely scum. At the beginning, I thought it was you because of how you acted at that moment of time but when both of you worded it in a way which cleared some doubts in my head, I had some second thoughts and backed down. There were so many questions being flung about that I'm not surprised that I DIDN'T reply to these questions.
What things did we word "in a way which cleared some doubts in my head" that made you change your mind?

I don't see the point of cosying up to you because the tables could have totally been different.
What does this mean?

. In fact, you've been more adamant that I'm scum than I have of you which is a total flip currently; which is why you stuck with your vote with me instead of lynching Aqua which was pretty much agreed on with the entire town; including myself.
Why do you keep using what other people do/did as reasons for reading people a certain way? I agree with Iggish on your sheep mindset, it comes out in your posts an awful lot. Sure you might not be a complete sheep because you do go after people (well, Iggish, one person) but that was when others were already putting him on the spot (me and notty), and your posts keep mentioning what other people say/think which, as a townie who should be paranoid about trusting nobody, this is really weird to me. Makes me think your Mafia mindset is leaking out.

Thanks for now trying to argue that I'm a sheep again; and I love the use of a sheep sound BUT I'll try to clear this up right now. In that whole incident, I already thought that Inf was the townie because my gut feeling felt like he was town. Aqua was obviously acting a lot more scummy than he did, and therefore I voted for him because I wanted to get back into Runescape and grind my wine of zammys.
Why was he "obviously" acting more scummy? Why was Aqua suspicious? Neither you or Danni gave a reason. Just "he seems suspicious", and you both voted when it kinda became clear he was gonna die anyway. Danni said it was because he couldn't be bothered to write his own points, which I can kinda see him doing that as town because of his personality in werewolf but with you it feels like a scum trying to look town by offing his soon-to-be dead-anyway dead Mafia buddy. You never said you couldn't be bothered to give a reason. You just didn't.

Yeah, you're probably right when it comes to this since I've already admitted that what I did was prettyyy scummy so I can get where you are coming from.
This is a tiny point and probably completely over-analysing but the fact that your reason for agreeing with Iggish isn't that you agree with him about what you did being suspicious, but because you admitted what you did was suspicious, makes me think you're thinking about what you said and what you can and can't get away with saying. "yeah i said this already so i'll say this" as opposed to "yeah i agree with you now, so i agree with this". It's probably over-analysed garbage but IT MAKES SENSE IN MY MIND! #totallynottunnelvisioning

But yeah, I just wanted to ask what you think about other people (updated) about them being mafia or not and I'll obviously ask if you could reconsider lynching me/consider that potentially it could be the case that you guys are tunnel-visioning.
What about your thoughts on other people? You're spending like 90% of your time defending yourself and 10% jumping onto other people with little solid reasoning of your own. Where's your scumhunting?

Erik:
I agree with a lot of what he says, dont want to lynch him today. I do however find his idea bout the autocrat having a kill ability to be very weird, and whoever said this might be to divert attention from the SK role, might be correct.
What do you mean by "divert attention from the SK role" exactly?

pls dont kill me if any of what I have said is weird or wrong. I dont mean to throw supsicions on anyone( ok maybe rune), I just thought people might wan to hera my thoughts.
Okay well I'm gonna stop accusing you for now because reasons. I'll come back to you late-game if certain theories I have don't hold up. If my theory is correct then I'm sorry <3.

I can agree to most of your reasons for rune, to the point that I would be willing to lynch him, I would like to hear more peoples thoughts on rune though, especially inffys thoughts about him right now.
I think he's very likely to be scum. I don't have a solid opinion on who the autocrat could be and I'd rather lynch someone who I'm 90% sure if Mafia than someone I'm 10% sure is Autocrat on this day, so my vote remains on rune.

uh, no idea who were killed, but is the SK usually mafia sided our town sided or like third part everyone is dead?
didn't you just go back to check what unu/comp said about people because you thought it'd be a good idea to see what the dead people thought :thinking:

I mean uncharacteristic or not, the major townie read that nearly everyone has on you gives you that possibility to hide in plain sight which is why I'm bringing it up. Just the way I'd think the autocrat would want to be is leading the town so no one would notice that they're there.
But you were saying you thought I tried to stay hidden/silent but I accidentally made a mistake and took it too far, right? But me staying silent wouldn't have kept me hidden.

I think we're having different thoughts here regarding censorer. I was saying it as if censorer were mafia and then if I were mafia, I would want to say they're town so that even if people find the censorer, then they're safe from a lynch. You were thinking it as if censorer were actually to be town sided though and then I call them mafia so that another townie can get lynched. Misunderstanding in which side we were addressing the censorer as basically.
Well you were speaking from the hypothetical situation of you being Mafia in this reality so I was using that.

The censored doesn't exist. So they aren't in the Mafia team. So if you were Mafia in that moment, you'd know the censored wasn't Mafia, and so if they existed they would be an easy, convenient lynch for you.

Comp accused claire and vat and died
He accused jolt not vat

It's risky if there's a detective role that can tell what politician you are, or if you claim a politician that someone else has/is ill fitting
Yeah true.

Okay, I'm caught up now. Still pro-rune lynch. I'm sorry if I'm wrong about you rune but you've been extremely scummy this game.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know if you remember his accusation posts, but they were literally based off activity and the one joke post I made. (how Inffy should apologize for double posts) For reference, these are posts after your quote:
oh so sorry Claire, I must have missed it then.
You say that Vatu has been more useful than I have, but I have pointed out everything I noticed and gave my opinions. Do you mind elaborating on how you reached this conclusion?
I just felt that he typed more posts on day 2 than you nothing else!

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
LIKE SORRY BUT WHAT THE FUCK????

I never typed this, I literally did not care much who was killed by who, AS I SAID IN MY POST? Unless I missunderstood something, we want to get both mafia and SK anyway?

So lets sum your points up here:
I never said such a thing, or meant anything like that, did not even think/care much about it.

Thats not exactly my fault that I got a role I shouldnt claim is it?
I mean, I could see this be a thing easily, however, you do not know this, and you just got this to try and frame me for nothing, again?
What, I dont even fucking understand this.

Infected_alien8_ I think webs current arguments are complete bs, they dont make sense to me, and I think its because I mentioned him/her in my post, and they now want to frame me as a SK instead. I am not saying lynch them, I think we should lynch rune ( let me read your post first, I havent read it yet) but please do take notice of this utter bullshit.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Okay well I'm gonna stop accusing you for now because reasons. I'll come back to you late-game if certain theories I have don't hold up. If my theory is correct then I'm sorry <3.
Thank you, if it comes to a lynch of my I have a solid defence so I dont mind that.

What do you mean by "divert attention from the SK role" exactly?
Ah, I saw someone else mention this. It's just a thought which I could see make sense. So lets say Erik is the serial killer, but he convinces us that the autocrat has the seriel kiler ability, ie no vanilla serial killer in the game, that would be a very good thing for him, unlessim stupid.
didn't you just go back to check what unu/comp said about people because you thought it'd be a good idea to see what the dead people thought :thinking:
I typed this badly, I meant I dont know who was killed my mafia and serial killer, just thought it was obvious(that I knew who was killed, and not who was killed by whom lol), sorry for bad wording
He accused jolt not vat
First off, becuase I had like 10 pages open, I failed to quote both of his lists, and only got his latest list, unless my memory is really shit in his first post he actually had doubts about bot.
Second, isnt jolt = vat now?

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
And also, if he was Ted, he could have just lied about his name rather than draw attention to himself I guess.

Anyway, I'm going to catch up now
It's risky if there's a detective role that can tell what politician you are, or if you claim a politician that someone else has/is ill fitting
im not that smart lol

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, my only issues with rune was the ones I typed before inffy post, and while I could see it all being him just mis-playing, I do agree that he looks quite scummy. I am just going to assume the fact that he is alone in his country doesnt mean anything, since no one else seemed to care about it.

Jivvi

Could we get a votecount?

Vote rune