Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
I'm not even sure I knew what I thought tbh. Its not that my story keeps changing (though I'll admit it does seem that like) more I was just confused at how exactly the game works (as I said this is my second game of mafia with the first one just being dead).

Anyways, I think it was more just that there was an ability which could check country once per night or something like that. If that were the case, being in a sole country would make myself a target to be checked. People in larger countries would be less of a target, and Mafia hiding there would have a lower chance of being checked essentially.

• Thank You
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'm not even sure I knew what I thought tbh. Its not that my story keeps changing (though I'll admit it does seem that like) more I was just confused at how exactly the game works (as I said this is my second game of mafia with the first one just being dead).

Anyways, I think it was more just that there was an ability which could check country once per night or something like that. If that were the case, being in a sole country would make myself a target to be checked. People in larger countries would be less of a target, and Mafia hiding there would have a lower chance of being checked essentially.
Okay, that makes sense, thanks.

So what do you think about everyone right now? Like, rune? Or Aqua?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Why did you choose to ask people to cl*p? Seems a bit of a convenient jump of thought to somehow guess exactly what you're supposed to do.

Why do you think it's logical that trump is the autocrat?

Maybe you do get abilities every time people cl*p, but it's detrimental to town and you knew it all along. You mentioned receiving a cl*p as a subtle way of trying to get people to repeat it, but then decided to just explicitly ask people to say it and pretend that it's useful for us to do so. The idea of that came to you when Jivvi mentioned the autocrat. You said you had to kill trump rather than the autocrat because it would seem weird if you didn't mention the autocrat before now, despite the role usually being public information. I dunno. I just don't trust that you magically guessed how your role works and that Jivvi would include such a role in the game because it seems unrealistic.
Also I want to clarify here that the reason I think you could still get abilities every time someone says clap, despite me thinking it's unrealistic that Jivvi would make himself have to take note of when someone says cl*p in the game, is because maybe, since you've been told that you have to get people to say cl*p, it's your responsibility to point it out to Jivvi when it happens. Or maybe the whole cl*p thing is nonsense, I dunno.

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Ok I'm gonna copy and paste weak's post from before and edit it.

Notty-American
HK-American
Aqua-American
Danni-American
Arelic-American
Oak-American
Iggish-American
Inffy-American

Ltin-British (dead)
Vatumok-British(dead)
Jolt-British

Ooglie-Australian
Unu-Australian
TWG-Australian
Webpaige-Australian
Erik-Australian

ComputerGuy-Irish

Rune - Canadian

I've calculated how many people you would expect if you used the population of a country to calculate how many players should be in that country. Red is the current number, Green is the expected.

US: 8, 13-14
Australia: 5, 1
UK: 3, 3
Canada: 1, 1-2
Ireland: 1, 1

I can't really conclude much from this. First of all, I'm not sure it even makes sense to do this. Is there any point in Mafia lying about country? Do they even have a country? I'd assume so.
And if Mafia did lie, and this is how players are distributed, then it seems to me like Australia is a target to look for Mafia. Unu, Oog and paige do stand out in this list as not really being trust worthy so far.

Honestly though, I think this has been a waste of my time, but hey its there for other people to read over

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Honestly I think Jivvi probably just included politicians he knew and that could work with certain roles, I don't think he would have bothered trying to match politicians with popularity and stuff, and since Jivvi is Australian that'd explain why we have quite a few Australian ones

But comp what is your opinion on people rn? How do you feel about Rune and Aqua and other people?

• Agree
Reactions: TheWeakGuy48_

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Honestly I think Jivvi probably just included politicians he knew and that could work with certain roles, I don't think he would have bothered trying to match politicians with popularity and stuff, and since Jivvi is Australian that'd explain why we have quite a few Australian ones

But comp what is your opinion on people rn? How do you feel about Rune and Aqua and other people?
population*

Coz as a game creator it would be way too much effort to have to limit yourself on which politicians you can include, based on things like population or country

Imagine having to create a setup which not only has balanced roles which make sense in a Mafia game, but also ones which make sense for their character, and having to actually do research to find a politician that might work for a role somehow that matches a certain pattern of countries and stuff

I think Jivvi just brainstormed politicians he knew and roles and matched them together

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
I'm actually concerned town are fighting among themselves while Mafia are just sitting quiet. People who I don't think have said particularly much:
Arelic
Danni
erik
Jolt
Oak
Oog
Weak
Unu
paige

However, Danni, erik, Oak and Oog all said a lot at the beginning of the game, so I'm more inclined to just think its holidays. The only person here who I'm hesitant on, is Danni. He actually hasn't really said anything of use. His responses do seem mostly normal danni to me, but I'll lump him in. My new list therefore is:
Arelic
Unusual_Dood
Jolterino
Danni122112

Of people who I really want to hear from. At this moment, I'm leaning towards a vote for lynching Arelic or Unu

Iggish

Reaction score
Well, Oak hasn't said anything since Saturday and Jolt has only made two posts the entire game.

Jolt's last post was:
I thought this game would at least slow down on Christmas but boy was I wrong, thanks inffy.

Give me a few hours to read this clusterfuck and formulate a response.
on Tuesday and he never did give a response, take from that what you wish.

But yeah, there are quite a few other people who haven't posted a lot / been inactive in this game.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Well I know paige has been busy at least, and Danni said he was going to be busy for a bit too, but yeah I'm still waiting for Jolt's thoughts and Oak seems to have disappeared , and Erik's been quiet recently too