Anime: Discuss!

Pick Yer Poison

is a kid now, is a squid now
Reaction score
Website
itisntrocketscience.tumblr.com
Okay so like when it comes to magical girl anime I have three top picks

Cardcaptor Sakura for your plain vanilla sugar lollipops magical girl, long as fuck series tho (70 episodes)

Princess Tutu for your non-standard twisty plot magical girl, nice n concise two-season series (26 episodes)

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica for your examination of how magical girls would really play out magical girl, single season series that's short n punchy enough to cave your skull in (12 episodes)

All of them are great but Princess Tutu is my favorite of the bunch by a longshot

Also shaddap and give it a shot bib >:I I wouldn't have pegged it as one of my favorites before I watched it but it's in my top five now so

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
I want to post more on here so:

Upcoming Spring 2015 Animes I'll be Watching (*=Order of importance)
Arslan Senki*
Denpa Kyoushi (I am very, very sorry)
Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka
Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works S2***
Gintama˚***
Grisaia no Meikyuu**
Grisaia no Rakuen**
Ghost in the Shell ARISE: Alternative Architecture***
Kekkai Sensen*
Lupin III
Nisekoi S2*
Owari no Seraph*
Plastic Memories**
Shokugeki no Souma
Sidonia no Kishi S2***
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU S2
Kurage no Shokudou***
Gunslinger Stratos***

Reactions: asaechao

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
bro I am like 4 episodes behind, is it worth finishing this garbage or no? I can't believe slaine lost :c my husbando
gARBAGE?

I absolutely love the series, I personally believe it's definitely worth finishing 10000% but
the romance part of the ending was a b s o l u t e s h i t so thats the only part i really hated

Vatowski

Reaction score
What I finished this week:

Seiken Tsukai no World Break (good start then became trash wish they had a bigger budget for better animations then maybe the show could be bearable.)
Nanatsu no Taizai (In my top 10 anime now, this show was fucking amazing and had beautiful animations to back it up)
Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata (I enjoyed this show because how generic the characters were. The humor was really entertaining and it was really light hearted. My only complaint is that they introduced the cousin way to late in the anime :C )
Tokyo Ghoul √A ( Had worse animations than last season. The fight scenes in the "jail" were terrible. I liked how they wanted to be original and try to change the story a lot from the manga but they did it poorly.)
Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu ( Just a nice not to amazing not terrible show. Some people might be not attracted to the show because of the characters appearance but trust me it's worth.)

EDIT:
Death Parade (The Feels)

Last edited:
Reactions: std1997

std1997

Stitch
Donor
Reaction score
Looking for some new animes to watch as I'm kinda getting bored with Fullmetal Alchemist (watching the first one so I guess that's why but I thought it'd be good just to find out why people trash it.) so I want a couple other things to watch when I finish it. Here's a link to my animes that I've watched or am watching just to give you guys kind of an idea of what I like to watch:

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/std626&status=2&order=0

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Looking for some new animes to watch as I'm kinda getting bored with Fullmetal Alchemist (watching the first one so I guess that's why but I thought it'd be good just to find out why people trash it.) so I want a couple other things to watch when I finish it. Here's a link to my animes that I've watched or am watching just to give you guys kind of an idea of what I like to watch:

ur list is so cute c:

This is all in my personal opinion:
Guilty Crown (my fav: I'd say more about this but it'd take up an entire page. Every aspect about it is off-the-charts except for some of the minor fan service which doesn't really faze me anyway. It's quite controversial; many, many people dislike it because of a.) the main character which I LOVE and/or b.) the plot. People say the plot is way too confusing and doesn't explain itself. In my opinion, it was mind-blowing in the sense that I loved it, but it does require some thinking and reading inbetween the lines. Call me crazy, but this is my favorite anime series ever.)
BTOOOM! (Really good survival series, animation is beautiful and it's really intense. I highly recommend reading the manga after)
Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (Literally the best horror anime ever. Absolutely incredible, no matter what you think your mental boundaries are this anime will leave you quivering and having nightmares)
Death Note (You've heard about this one I'm assuming)
ALDNOAH.ZERO (Love the story, love the action and characters and its really great and takes some quite out-of-the-box steps)
Parasyte: The Maxim (Animation is really cool, great series, really philosophical and it's really awesome)
Mirai Nikki (Love the survival game, this anime is home of the hailed Yandere Queen Yuno. It's really an amazing series)
Fate/Zero (Just unbelievable, the story is cool but what really makes this series stand out is the unbelievably amazing and in-depth characters)
Zankyou no Terror (Incredible idea, absolutely amazing. I was speechless afterwards. The soundtrack is incredibleeeee)
Tokyo Ghoul (MIGHT THERE BE A SEASON 3!???!!?! Glorious scenes and characters and idea, just love itt)
Angel Beats! (Absolutely wonderful. Some of the best comedy will have you rolling on the floor, and the ending will leave you in a puddle)
Chaos;Head (Mindfucks everywhere)
Steins;Gate (Science shit, wonderful comedy and my bro Okar-i meAN HOUOUIN KYOUMA)
Clannad + Clannad: After Story (YOU WILL CRY SO FUCKING MUCH THIS IS NOWHERE NEAR AN AVERAGE HAREM ANIME)
Elfen Lied (Despite common belief, it is not about elves who lie. It means "11th Song" in German.)
No Game No Life (You will literally orgasm at the artwork and colors)
Psycho Pass (Very cool, really nice futuristic stuff and great characters)

Those are a little over half of my 10s on my anime list, be sure to check some of them out they're all amazing

Vatowski

Reaction score

You rated AoT, Hunter X hunter and Sword Art Online pretty highly so I think you're kind of into the action stuff.

I'd say watch action anime like the following:
Akame ga Kill!
Ao no Exorcist
Black Bullet (maybe)
Btooom!
Fate/Zero and the rest of the Fate franchise
Kill la Kill (maybe)
Magi: The Kingdom of Magic (and the sequel)
No Game No Life
Tokyo Ravens
Nanatsu no Taizai

edit: muh list if you want to see other options: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/vati180

Last edited:

Vatowski

Reaction score
Finished Log Horizon Season 2

I liked it more than Season 1 probably because there was more raid boss fights than in season 1 (if there was any in S1)

Sucks that it had the shittiest animations in ever single episode except the last.

Also the kids arc was fine except for the monologues about about music and shit

std1997

Stitch
Donor
Reaction score
anyone know if there is to be a season 3 of Log Horizon or Tokyo Ghoul? cause both of those animes kinda left in a "OH MAN. BE HYPED FOR NEXT SEASON CAUSE SHIT IS GONNA GET REAL" feel.

Kuyajer

Tyoping Legned
Reaction score

you seem to like the ACTION(some of these vati already suggested)
  • Darker than Black
  • Classic Death Note
  • Btoooom!
  • Bokurano - bit dark, animation is okay, but it's okay
  • Blue Exorcist People seem to like this one but I didn't really like it that much
  • Classic Angel Beats (Jayfoother LOVES this one :^))
  • Accel World was one of my first ten or twenty, I liked it, written by the same guy that made SAO but it's not planned to get a second season or anything, or at least not to my knowledge. Better than SAO in my opinion, but not that that necessarily means much
  • Durararararararara is very highly rated, I loved it, recently got it's second bit finished too, though it still has more sequels planned. Definitely worth watching.
  • Eden of the East for more of a thriller, though I wish it had more episodes to expand the plot(There are movie sequels are something)
  • Terror in Resonance is another thriller I enjoyed, though others seem to think it's overrated(beware:the english in this one is god awful)
  • MAGICAL GIRLS(AND ENTROPY) One of the more unique animes, offers actual explanation for magic and it's quite dark. Some more "adult" themes (no not the naughty kind). Has movie recaps + sequel. Can't forget to mention the animation is one of a kind, is amazing. Worth trying just for the animation.
  • Simpler action, Problem Children Are Coming From Another World, Aren't They?
  • Classic Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, somewhat hard to get into at first but once you're in there's no out.
  • Rivals TTGL, Kill La Kill, same kind of "hard to get into, no escaping when you're in"
  • Psycho Pass and (2), first one is fantastic, sequel can only chase after the first's tail.
  • Moribito - Guardian of the Spirit -Fantastic world building, realistic and, well, for lack of a better adjective appropriate(proper?).
  • Soul Eater Typical Shounen, but well made.
wow im a fkin weeb holy moly

• Agree
Reactions: asaechao