Anime: Discuss!

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
Damn just saw Overlord episode 1, I think the show is gonna be pretty damn good if I base it on the first episode.
Gonna be fucking shit
I have no guilt in crying at the last episode ;~;
The after-credits bit makes it seem like there's gonna be a second season buuuut I feel like that could ruin it as the ending was perfect.
Fucking no I lost a little of my manhood watching that last episode. Kill me please (said the same thing on TS after watching it and admitted I cried ;-; ) It looks like the manga doesn't have enough for a second season. Might be half a year to a year before a season 2 comes out or even if they do but they left a pretty big cliff hanger at the end....

EDIT: All the fucking animes this season suck.................

Vatowski

Reaction score
Stuff im watching this season:

Comet Lucifer : First episode was
although the mecha fight at the end was pretty well done. If it does not get more interesting i am probably gonna drop this.

Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou : This was fucking amazing, the first episode was really entertaining and filled with randomness. I am definitely gonna be finishing this one.

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk and Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry:
  • Pinked Haired Noble Girl that is a tsundere: Check
  • Cliche anime scene where MC walks into Tsundere in the middle of changing: Check
  • A fight scene between the MC and Tsundere noble girl: Check
  • MC is secretly OP: Check
  • Is this gonna become a run of the mill cliche ecchi harem: probably yes
  • Am I gonna drop these: most likely
Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen: This is a alternative setting of Utawarerumono (a lot more serious and violent). The first episode was really light hearted and I am not sure if they are gonna keep it that way or are they gonna go into a more serious phase.

Owarimonogatari: Get hyped

One Punch Man: Animations were on point. I am really hyped for this anime cause the manga is amazing.

Noragami Aragoto: Great first episode, music and animations were awesome gj Bones.

Heavy Object: First episode was boring as fuck. This anime is basically about a era where countries fight with gigantic balls of steel, sounds interesting right?

K: Return of Kings : I am hyped as fuck for this one because I love the first season a lot.

Reactions: Jayfeather

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Summer Review

Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Sen'eki - Absolutely disgusting. The CGI was horrible and even overtook the animation, which ended up not being good either. The plot was terrible and lost all it had going for it in the 2nd episode. Just bad. 2/10

Charlotte - Beautiful. I loved it so much. The animation was great and the music was good enough, but the story and characters were really amazing (which is the best part, of course). 9/10

Gakkou Gurashi! - Well, this one was a train ride. At first, it met my misgivings about being a happy slice-of-life all the way up to around episode 9, but there were subtle dark hints, scenes and backstories that really gripped me and forced me to keep watching. As the series progressed, it got better and better, and then episode 9 hit and I couldn't stop watching. I cried so hard when -------------. 9/10

Gangsta. - Biggest disappointment of the summer season. It started out amazing and the OP was wonderful. It had a lot going for it and hinted at a deep complexity. Unfortunately, none of it was met, yet they kept trying. One of the most awkward endings I've ever seen, as if it randomly stopped on the 5th to last episode. Even worse than the Triage X ending. 7/10

Gate - Another disappointment, but not as big since I wasn't expecting much from it from the start. As it turns out, the pacing was still everywhere and the characters were not likable. 7/10

Prison School - (I stopped calling it Kangoku Gakuen after looking up said name and coming across not the series but a hentai) Incredible. It turned out to be everything I hoped it would be, which was a hilarious and overdramatic ecchi that poked fun at dark themes. Beautifully executed. Just the situation itself made me laugh. A masterpiece. 10/10

Jitsu wa Watashi wa - I wasn't originally planning on watching this, but decided to. Bad choice. Bad plot and most likely the worst character designs I've ever seen. Annoying. However, I still managed to watch it, which is weird. 3/10

Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan - *slams head into wall* 2/10

Monster Musume - ... uh... 6/10

Ore Monogatari!! - The cutest and most feel-good romance I've ever watched. I just couldn't help but smiling watching this series, and there was never a moment where I felt overly scared or tense. The jokes and visual effects were hilarious. Just a great experience. 10/10

Overlord - Kind of a let-down, although I don't know where I was hoping the plot would go. Still good, though. 8/10

Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace - This was supposed to be a mystery series. It wasn't. Every single mystery had an answer that was totally unpredictable by any means and introduced a new character never before shown as if the creators themselves couldn't think of an answer (which they probably couldn't). The explanation for Laplace's Demons made absolutely no sense, as expected (but really, the chaos theory?). However, despite this, it had style. The visual effects (butterflies + blurring out unimportant characters/turning them into mannequins) was a brilliant idea. Plus, Shadow Man is just hilarious. 8/10

Rokka no Yuusha - I KNEW IT FROM THE START I FUCKING KNEW IT HAH other than that it started out great, began to weaken in the middle but ended up being a really cool anime with a legitimate, fun mystery. My favorite part was reading all the comments of people who were angry at it being a mystery instead of pure action despite it being the genre. 8/10

Shokugeki no Soma - mmmmmmmmmm 9/10

Fall Anime I'm Watching

Comet Lucifer - First episode looked beautiful. Let's see if they can keep this going.

Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou - First episode was awesome. I'm excited for this one, looks like it'll be really cool.

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk - Why do I still watch these anime? Just the sight of a red/pink-haired tsundere makes me want to throw up. Well, let's hope this'll be different.

Heavy Object - I didn't know what I had hoped, but it seems like it'll be average, to be honest. I really don't like the whole Objects thing, and the main characters were bitching about the cold while they didn't even have their hoods on. Oh, well.

Lance N' Masques - I am dropping this as soon as that little girl becomes a love interest. Absolutely not.

Noragami Aragoto - First season was great, I'm sure the second one will be too.

One Punch Man - I was hyped about this the moment I heard about it, and the first episode was amazing. Biggest anticipated anime of the fall season for me.

Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen - I loved the first season, so ofc I'll be watching this.

Owarimonogatari - Monogatari series <3

Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan - Similar to what I said about Gakusen Toshi Asterisk, but this one oddly intrigued me. Let's see how it ends up.

Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha Burst - Although I dislike it, I feel obligated to watch the second season of things if I've finished the first one.

Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor Exodus 2 - woooooOOOOOOO

Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider - I like the stairs. Maybe it'll be an interesting mystery/drama.

Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai - Fine, I'll watch it.

Young Black Jack - I don't know how to feel about the first episode. I'll see how everything goes.

Naterger

Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
I came to this thread and it touched my heart-so many familiar faces :')

on an anime related note; anyone seen The Last: Naruto the movie, or Boruto? Don't know about you, but i'm feeling it.

Reactions: S_swimmer