Anime: Discuss!

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
why am i even doing these? nobody cares. i don't care. whatever i guess i don't /really/ have anything better to do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fall Review

Comet Lucifer - I'm sorry I ever watched this. Honestly, it just makes me so sad. It had a beautiful world and so much potential, but then this happened. It was just so bad – the characters, the plot, everything that could've been interesting was thrown out the window. I rarely want to kill an anime character, but honestly, Moura made my ears bleed. 2/10

Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou - Loved this one, second favorite this season (so far?). The theme of the complexity and controversy of morality was executed fantastically. One of my favorite parts is how people are giving it bad reviews because Jiro keeps contradicting himself when that's exactly what they were trying to do. 9/10

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk - Bad as always. Don't know why I put up with that. Cute grills though, and the ending had decent graphics so I bumped it up 1 point. 5/10

Heavy Object - Still watching

Lance N' Masques - Dropped, disgusting pedo shit

Noragami Aragoto - Once again, great season. Really loved this one. 9/10

One Punch Man - Boy did this one not disappoint. Absolutely loved it, I'd recommend it to everyone. Anime rarely makes me laugh out loud, let alone multiple sustained times. 10/10

Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen - Gross, huge drop from my excitement in the first season (which I don't like as much now that I've reviewed it more). The plot was pretty much Yuu yelling and getting more power yet again only to find out that he's still super weak!!111!1!1!11!1 Honestly, I don't even know if there was a single instance of character development. Plus, Yuu did a complete 180 to this typical shounen I WILL PROTECT MY FAMILY weak-ass protagonist and also became suddenly nice, which I did not enjoy one bit. 5/10

Owarimonogatari - Still watching, thank you Berserk manga

Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan - I actually liked this one a lot. It was different; it went out of the norm much more than I expected it to. 8/10

Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru - Dropped, there was literally nothing interesting about it to me

Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha Burst - Well, this one blew me away. I started to have little faith in these kinds of anime, but I couldn't believe the complex plot and intellectual prowess this show displayed. It completely changed my mind. With heavy philosophical themes and numerous religious allegories, this might be the smartest anime I've seen in years. (Dropped as expected)

Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor Exodus 2 - Still watching, see Owarimonogatari

Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider - The dialogue... rolls over laughing 7/10

Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai - Eh, it was ok. 6/10

Young Black Jack - It was actually pretty good, though I can't seem to find anything that stood out. 7/10

Winter Anime I'm Watching:

Ajin - Probably the best candidate to be a breakout anime. Seinen of the Season

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) 2 - Will watch this once I finish the first season. Seems really good, very GTO-y

Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm - I'm too nice. I really shouldn't be giving this one a chance.

Boku Dake ga Inai Machi - it said psychological, mystery, seinen, and thriller, so I'll see how this works out.

Dagashi Kashi - interesting character design so whatev ill watch

Dimension W - it said seinen, had a weird-ass premise but who knows

Divine Gate - who knows? Premise seemed interesting, I like the whole group thing, maybe they'll execute it well.

Gate S2 - sure, ill give it one more chance

Hai to Gensou no Grimgar - the art in the PV astounded me. Let's hope A-1 does it well; this one definitely seems to have a lot of potential.

Haruchika - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kong Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Luck & Logic - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Musaigen no Phantom World - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Phantasy Star Online 2: The Animation - hmmm. Phantasy Star "ONLINE." Set in the NEAR FUTURE. Main character is a SWORD-WIELDING MALE. SOUNDS FAMILIAR DOESN'T IT

Prince of Stride: Alternative - Let's be honest, it doesn't even sound that interesting. I'll just eat anything with Madhouse Studios on it.

Schwarzesmarken - I'll see how this one goes i guess

Reactions: Vatowski

Vatowski

Reaction score
Too lazy to write something proper for each anime I saw this fall so here is my (shitty) reviews for fall anime 2015.

Concrete Revolution: 8/10 good. ( i laugh at all the people in the comment section crying who about how confusing it was when it was actually not)

K: Return of the kings: 8/10 was a big fan of the first season because of the animation and boy did they not disappoint this season.

Noragami aragato : good shiet 9/10

One Punch man: 8/10 yes it was good but it is not the best anime ever made @reddit

Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen: S_swimmer summed it up perfectly. and the last minute shounen power up at the end = SMH but at least it looked cool i guess. I gave it a 6.5/10 compared to season 1's 6/10 because it did not have a fucking retarded school arc like season 1 had
Also can someone explain why the fuck they didnt punish Shinoas squad for siding with mika like WTF BECAUSE OF THEM 2 soldiers (they weren't even nameless) died and they just got mad a bit and then they just like forget about it like wtf for reals tho

Owarimonogatari: same story with all the monogatari series (great dialogue and animations) but this season it sometimes managed to bore me surprisingly so I gave it a 8/10 instead of the usual 9/10 - 10/10

Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai: This was surprisingly ok because the mc was pretty cool as a character. The last 3 episodes bumped it to 7/10 in my score instead of a 6/10.

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry: putting aside all the fanservice, the fight scenes were fucking well done and the main character was a badass 8/10 gg

Shit i dropped:

Comet lucifer: yea was not gonna watch this piece of shit dropped episode 1 as soon as I saw the loli gg

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: yea idk how I watched this shit up to episode 8. this is trash guys don't fucking watch this

Heavy Object: I fucking hated the mc so I instantly dropped episode 1 so I can't really say much aside from that

ill prolly make another post for winter season shit im watching

Is this finally the last fucking Monogatari what a literal trainwreck
Still 3 more movies left :^)

Last edited:

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Wow. Divine Gate episode 1 was really great – might be one of the first times the metaphors in an anime were actually decent and coherent

I predicted this one would be good and it definitely seems like it has a lot of potential, i suggest you all keep your eye on it - the ed song is amazing omg (or is that gonna be the opening idk)

• Agree
Reactions: Vatowski

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
hai to gensou no grimgar has breathtaking visuals. Everything feels so bright and peaceful and just very very very nice and unique. Unfortunately, I'm afraid of it being a bit too peaceful (and what the fuck was with that scene in the middle, that was one of the most awkward things I've ever seen), but it still has many strong points. It shows the adventurers starting from scratch with no memories and is actually very realistic – the archer is a bad shot at the beginning, the sorceress takes too long to try and cast a complex spell, and the broadsword is slow and gets lodged in a tree.

I predicted it would be one of my favorites, and so far I'm captivated. I'll be keeping an eye on this series.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
I have hopes for Grimgar but it falls victim to a lot of character tropes that are not entertaining in general or original within the genre of vmmo

The mage is scared incapable girl --> sachi
the dark knight is the loud mouthed pervert --> klein
the main character is the jack of all trades introspective one --> kirito
the archer is playful and messes with people despite acting young --> leafa

also the way they dealt with that really cool character with the pink hair was kindof annoying i hope he makes a comeback

Basically, the series could go somewhere but hopefully it doesn't become a disgusting harem anime and hopefully the characters evolve beyond their first impressions cuz if it can do that it'll pass up SAO pretty soundly

• Agree
Reactions: S_swimmer

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
boku dake episode 6 and konosuba episode 5 holy sHIT

i recommend u all watch konosuba since i don't think many are, it has its rough points but i thoroughly enjoy it, very good comedy (could do without the knight girl though)

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
So heres what I've been thinking so far

Ajin - seemed really good from episode 2, I'm going to wait until the full thing comes out to marathon it

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) 2 - shit still need to finish s1

Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm - only watched ep 1 so i need to pick it up but it seems hideously average

Boku Dake ga Inai Machi - fucking amazing

Dagashi Kashi - it started out with a lot of momentum until you realize that each episode is just the exact same thing with "jokes" about candy that can't even really be considered jokes most of the time – never laughed yet

Dimension W - interesting, i enjoy watching it

Divine Gate - its really hard to see this anime slowly lose what it has going for it, seems to be getting worse and worse as it goes on but I'm still really hoping it'll pick back up since that first episode was just so great

Gate S2 - seems to be stuck in the same thing as season 1 where it kinda has good ideas but the execution is just /off/ and you're left with a feeling of disconnection and boredom

Hai to Gensou no Grimgar - got shaky but i really really love it. stopped at episode 4 to wait till its over and marathon it later but i have a feeling its only going to get better based on what happened

Haruchika - shit gotta pick this one back up but i don't know if it can grasp my attention enough

Kong Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! - i didnt expect much at all but it ended up being a wonderful comedy, i really enjoy this one

Luck & Logic - it got my hopes up with the first episode but lost it all, seems average so eh

Musaigen no Phantom World - every single episode has the same problem where its still unsure whether its going to be good or bad

Phantasy Star Online 2: The Animation - please shoot me

Prince of Stride: Alternative - need to pick this one back up too

Schwarzesmarken - and this one

Vatowski

Reaction score
So heres what I've been thinking so far

Ajin - seemed really good from episode 2, I'm going to wait until the full thing comes out to marathon it

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) 2 - shit still need to finish s1

Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm - only watched ep 1 so i need to pick it up but it seems hideously average

Boku Dake ga Inai Machi - fucking amazing

Dagashi Kashi - it started out with a lot of momentum until you realize that each episode is just the exact same thing with "jokes" about candy that can't even really be considered jokes most of the time – never laughed yet

Dimension W - interesting, i enjoy watching it

Divine Gate - its really hard to see this anime slowly lose what it has going for it, seems to be getting worse and worse as it goes on but I'm still really hoping it'll pick back up since that first episode was just so great

Gate S2 - seems to be stuck in the same thing as season 1 where it kinda has good ideas but the execution is just /off/ and you're left with a feeling of disconnection and boredom

Hai to Gensou no Grimgar - got shaky but i really really love it. stopped at episode 4 to wait till its over and marathon it later but i have a feeling its only going to get better based on what happened

Haruchika - shit gotta pick this one back up but i don't know if it can grasp my attention enough

Kong Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! - i didnt expect much at all but it ended up being a wonderful comedy, i really enjoy this one

Luck & Logic - it got my hopes up with the first episode but lost it all, seems average so eh

Musaigen no Phantom World - every single episode has the same problem where its still unsure whether its going to be good or bad

Phantasy Star Online 2: The Animation - please shoot me

Prince of Stride: Alternative - need to pick this one back up too

Schwarzesmarken - and this one
ok dude i dropped so many anime this season because I just finished a jrpg on steam and the story was 10/10 now most of the anime this season seem like shit to me cause of the game. (trails in the sky if your interested)

But seriously I couldn't bear watching ajin my eyes were melting even though i liked the manga.

As for assassination classroom s2 , I dropped it 4 episodes in cause I already read the manga.

Boku Dake is one of the only anime i'm watching this season for obvious reasons even thought I read the manga.

Dagashi Kashi: It was a interesting concept for a couple of episodes but then i got repetitive and boring: Dropped

Dimension W: Still watching it, me enjoy the setting

Divine gate: First episode was interesting but then they tried to make it edgy with a dark and serious past. It got too edgy for me so I dropped it. It's a shame really i thought this was gonna do well too bad.

Gate S2: If i read the manga I probably would've dropped it but I didn't so i'm still watching it.

Grimgar: OMG this anime turned out to be good imo after watching a couple of episodes

Phantom World: Ew dropped it episode 5 way longer than I thought it would've lasted

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
ok dude i dropped so many anime this season because I just finished a jrpg on steam and the story was 10/10 now most of the anime this season seem like shit to me cause of the game. (trails in the sky if your interested)

But seriously I couldn't bear watching ajin my eyes were melting even though i liked the manga.

As for assassination classroom s2 , I dropped it 4 episodes in cause I already read the manga.

Boku Dake is one of the only anime i'm watching this season for obvious reasons even thought I read the manga.

Dagashi Kashi: It was a interesting concept for a couple of episodes but then i got repetitive and boring: Dropped

Dimension W: Still watching it, me enjoy the setting

Divine gate: First episode was interesting but then they tried to make it edgy with a dark and serious past. It got too edgy for me so I dropped it. It's a shame really i thought this was gonna do well too bad.

Gate S2: If i read the manga I probably would've dropped it but I didn't so i'm still watching it.

Grimgar: OMG this anime turned out to be good imo after watching a couple of episodes

Phantom World: Ew dropped it episode 5 way longer than I thought it would've lasted
: o ill go check that one out

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
They even made a 2 episode ova on it, never saw it probably bad adaptation tbh, cause if they adapted to full story it would've been insane

43 min each episode
hm i might end up watching that after i play the game actually

also jesus fuck i just watched phantom world episode 6 and u aren't missing much

i think with this ep they finally asserted that they're not going to fulfill any potential they had

Vatowski

Reaction score
hm i might end up watching that after i play the game actually

also jesus fuck i just watched phantom world episode 6 and u aren't missing much

i think with this ep they finally asserted that they're not going to fulfill any potential they had
ok yea i just saw the bits of the anime and they skipped like a whole chapter and theres huge spoilers so I would say play the game first lol, aside from that yea I knew phantom was gonna be shit, thank you for confirming that I was not wrong

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
ye its p much the best this season imo next to boku no hero academia which somehow manages to entice me despite its obvious shounen plot

also i just caught up to jojo in like 2 weeks and is it just me or is diamond is unbreakable kinda bad so far

when i saw asterisk war season 2 i nearly committed sudoku

re:zero is actually really good despite the self-insert protagonist (i actually read a couple pages of the manga then promptly forgot about it so seeing it getting an anime was surprising for me)

kiznaiver can still go either way tbh, I'm really hoping it'll be able to be a breakout anime this season

sousei no onmyouji is probably the best among the bottom feeders, cerberus might be somewhere close

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Mine for this season around

Kiznaiver - Real fun, made by Trigger, absurd but in keeping with general reality
Boku no Hero - Weekly dose of shonen basically. It's an elite school anime but instead of cooking (Shokugeki) it's about heroes
Iron Fortress - Attack on Titan clone to get your fill, but there are guns instead of swords and trains instead of 3D Maneuver Gears
Sinbad no Bouken - Side story of Magi before glorious season 3
-----------
Recent watch though: Osomatsu-San is one of the best animes I've ever watched. Every episode is comedic genius and it has this sublime, subtle continuity between each episode despite most of them ending in horrible death or the atomization of the Earth, etc. (things like retaining nicknames from earlier episodes especially). Definitely give the first episode a whirl because even the parodies it does are cool in itself