Emoji Mafia - Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yum

Reaction score
Do keep in mind that this is a closed setup, so counterclaims that aren't based on conflicting results don't really work.

Yum

Reaction score
Fine, I'm the Mirror. I can choose to REDIRECT all NIGHT ACTIONS targeted to one PLAYER onto myself every night. I am also immune to one REDIRECTED NIGHTKILL per night and my ACTION can not be BLOCKED.
This seems fishy as hell. The can't be blocked part seems made up to discourage roleblockers while confirming the existence of them from Angry's perspective. The limit of only one redirected night kill protection implies multiple night kills exist (e.g. my 100 item), so Angry would have reason to believe Shades claims day one.

I believe . I doubt a MAFIA would be so brazen as to reveal themselves with such a bombshell right in the beginning of the game, although if this is really what has happened, then it's certainly a very bold strategy. The ITEM claim also makes sense to me, because when you look at the list of PLAYERS, you can very clearly see that everyone is a FACIAL EXPRESSION, while the one claimed ITEM is not.
I do not completely trust :blush:'s claim, yet I must note how strikingly paranoid :weary:'s response has been.

I should like to wait to see if anyone shall COUNTERCLAIM, and if no one does, I feel like it's best to lynch :weary:, especially considering their claim as a simple VILLAGER.
They seemed to support Shades item claim, yet didn't trust Blush claiming blocker. All in all, the nature of the Mirror claim gives one player much more information about the setup initially than the rest, and I'm loathe to trust it.

Yum

Reaction score
If we look at voting patterns, Unamused, Blush, Thinking and I are the ones that voted for Shades and Weary both days. It's probably safe to say that at least one mafia is in this group.

Now, obviously I'm not going to consider myself here, but I've townread Thinking pretty good this game. Along with myself, he's been one of the most active and influential players.

Blush, I trust more for claiming promptly and not being hesitant with results. And there's the fact that they did claim to receive my B (though I did post what I sent beforehand, so it's not completely confirmed)

Unamused has had outlier reports literally every day with (feel free to correct me on this) nothing to back them up.

I think Angry and Unamused are in cahoots, with both of them being mafia. If anything, with the sheer number of investigation role claims this game, Mirror would be great for fucking town over hard.

Remember how most of you guys said you don't get the name of who you investigate, just the result? Food for thought:

Example assuming Angry (Mirror) is town:

Say Cop, Expressionless, decided to investigate Unamused (mafia). Angry performs his action on Unamused. Report reads Unamused as town.

Example assuming Angry (Mirror) is mafia:

Say Cop, Expressionless, wants to investigate someone, let's say Shades (innocent). Let's also say Angry visits Shades. Report shows Shades as guilty, a false positive.

This gets even worse when you consider that this screws with visit-related roles (tracker, watcher) and also works as a protection against vigilante/night guns! And they're claiming they can't be blocked, too!

I think that Angry is hella mafia and knew there would be town blockers and town night kills, which is why he believed Shades so easily.

Please discuss.

Sob

Reaction score
These are his posts today. I thought this game players were selected to avoid inactives?
Hey there Halo, sorry about the wee bit of inactivity. Been busy IRL. It won't happen again.

• Thank You
Reactions: Halo

Yum

Reaction score
yum give me a 100 so i can shoot myself thx

for once im at a complete loss on the best lynch
It's day three with four town down. We know nothing about what mafia can do besides disguise, power role wise, but we have a plethora of investigative role claims, and mafia should have something to counter that. Mirror seems to fit the bill nicely as a Mime/Quack posing as Doc.

i also want to point out that the votes are not piling on unamused like they did with shades and weary
yeah, look how fast y'all were to flip the vote onto hearts first chance y'all got
First quote: That is the exact same role as :Hearts:' (correct me I am wrong). One of the two HAS to be mafia.

Second quote: DAMN this explains :Unamused:'s report does it not?

Why have things just become very spciy few hours before deadline.
wow what a quick slide to defend unamused
I think this is prove enough (at least to me) that :Hearts: claims was false. Together with :Angry: claiming a similar role, which in turn also accounts for the situation surrounding :Unamused: and :Thinking: having been seen visiting himself, that makes a very strong case against :Hearts:. I have to say, while there could still be more at play here, I am very happy I did not hammer :Unamused: yet.

vote Hearts
hmmm wow very slapdash argument so you have some semblance of a reason to abandon the unamused ballot
i was so focused on blush and unamused i hadn’t really looked at others much

that is, indeed, however, rather damning evidence against hearts, so i think i’ll vote to lynch hearts instead

vote hearts
HMMM same here

y'all are eager as heck to lynch hearts
this was in a few hours compared to the days it's been slowly placing votes onto unamused today

with Shades and Weary it was bam bam boom, day end, rip villager

methinks unamused is maf and y'all were super reluctant to bus with the streak of no maf deaths and cop dead

definitely some maf in this group, looking at you halo

sponge claim is a sure setup to get a guilty tomorrow on some poor chap. it's highly likely that another town lynch with a fabricated guilty report tomorrow is enough for mafia to win the game

Thinking

Reaction score
that is really convenient angry claimed and halo refused to hammer

then i unvoted and everything went nuts

the problem of my night targets being inconsistent is still unresolved and mask has gone quiet

Blush

Reaction score
Holy crap a lot has happened

unvote

Gimme a bit to catch up to everything, I haven't read everything through just the last page

Thinking

Reaction score
why would a doc claim at the end of a day unless its for a last second lynch change, im likely to be targeted tonight anyway and angry picked a convenient time to apparently clear up the redirection mess, they put themselves in the spotlight for something that they should have cleared up ages ago

why wasnt unamused nightkilled after claiming tracker

why am i still alive in this game

why is everyone following me instead of posting for themselves

vote unamused

Yum

Reaction score
Highest suspicions are Unamused, Halo, and Angry, for the reasons abovementioned.

Halo

Reaction score
wow what a quick slide to defend unamused
Definitely not. The biggest reason for the :Unamused: lynch was that his reports were off (for me at least) . :Angry:'s claim provided something to back up his story.

hmmm wow very slapdash argument so you have some sembla
I do not agree here at all. Things do not add up any way you look at it and :Hearts: is in the centre of it.

Halo

Reaction score
why would a doc claim at the end of a day unless its for a last second lynch change, im likely to be targeted tonight anyway and angry picked a convenient time to apparently clear up the redirection mess, they put themselves in the spotlight for something that they should have cleared up ages ago
This seems like a fair point. However, we can not just ignore how the claimed actions of night 3 clash hard.

Halo

Reaction score
:Yum: I am not sure here. Do you trust and/or believe :Hearts: claim?

Halo

Reaction score
Sure. I'm a nullifier. I have a one-time night action that protects me from other people's actions. I haven't used it yet.
How would this work with :Sweat:'s prioritize? Say someone trying to kill :Sob: gets "prioritzed" and :Sob: uses his one-time prot, what then?

Yum

Reaction score
Right now, the two most likely options in my mind are that either :hearts: and :unamused: are both MAFIA and are doing an excellent job at confusing the TOWN, or that :hearts: is a REDIRECTION type MAFIA role and is doing an even better job at confusing the TOWN. Either way, :hearts:'s ROLE is in pretty clear conflict with my own.

vote Hearts
  • allegedly thinks unamused is mafia
  • instead flips vote to someone with zero votes and a cascade of others follow until it's 50/50
Is this an attempt at mafia blitz or what
I'm the Follower. Essentially, I'm a villager, but I can choose to visit players. Whatever action falls onto my target will fall onto me instead.

I didn't utilise it on Night 1 since it was just the start of the game, but I chose to visit Halo on Night 2 just because I thought they were trustworthy enough and I wanted to pick someone on the off chance they're targeted. Night 3 I visited Blush due to their claim. Feel free to ask questions.

I'll post about the current discussion in a bit, sorry I'm a bit late.
Halo nothing contradicts their claim other than Blush receiving their item that I sent, but they only claimed to interfere with actions. If their visits contradicted other claims that'd be better evidence.
I can't really confirm whether I was BLOCKED or not.

Clearly either :unamused: or :mask : is lying about :thinking:'s Night 2 visit. What I don't understand is why either of them would do that. On one hand, the fact that :mask : correctly stated :thinking:'s intended TARGET seems to confirm their story. On the other hand, :unamused: has now made two separate claims that people did not VISIT who they intended to VISIT, and I can not think of any possible reason a MAFIA would do such a thing - if you mean to tell me that they're simply making it up in support of their FALSE CLAIM, then let me express my doubt as I feel this would be a play too bold for most people to even entertain making, especially since I can't see what other purpose it would serve.

I think we should at least entertain the slight possibility that :unamused: is who they say they are, but their reports are unreliable.

As things are now, I am not comfortable with LYNCHING either of them, as I'm NEUTRAL on both. They have both shown certain behaviour I would expect from a MAFIA, but, in my mind at least, have not yet crossed the line where I would consider them SUSPICIOUS.

Right now I think I'd be most willing to LYNCH :winking:. There's three reasons for that:

1) They haven't been contributing much, instead they've made quite a few fairly useless posts (in my opinion, at least).
2) They followed the BANDWAGONS on both :shades: and :weary: without much justification.
3) I don't believe their CLAIM and I especially don't believe that they had a ROLEBLOCKING ABILITY they didn't know about.

As for :blush:, if :winking: does turn out to be a TOWNIE, I'd take a closer look into :blush:'s dynamics with :yum:. I don't think they would team up so brazenly if they were both MAFIA, but you never really know until you do.
note that angry sets up some odd attempt at implicating me in the future while saying winking is the best vote. This is the same page, a bit after Hearts had claimed

Later, angry tries to lynch hearts with no mention of winking anywhere. They didn't seem to be miffed by Hearts claim back when it was fresh.

Thinking

Reaction score
Later, angry tries to lynch hearts with no mention of winking anywhere. They didn't seem to be miffed by Hearts claim back when it was fresh.
thats actually not true, angry gave a soft counterclaim

• Agree
Reactions: Unamused

Thinking

Reaction score
I agree with you, but I still have a difficult time accepting :unamused:'s behaviour as indicative of MAFIA, simply because it seems so counterintuitive for a MAFIA to do. Surely anyone with ulterior motives would think twice before rushing into a position where there's a high amount of predictable negative attention?

I don't really want to CLAIM. It would add nothing to the ongoing discussion and would possibly be detrimental to TOWN efforts.

I seem to have missed this yesterday, but :hearts: claimed a role very similar to mine. Consider this a COUNTERCLAIM. I can also say that based on my actions during the first two nights, I am 95% sure that :thinking: is TOWN.

Honestly, the team-up argument can also be used with you, myself and :yum: to some degree. I think player dynamics are only relatively reliable as evidence when it's just two players under the microscope. Any larger group usually turns out to be at least partially TOWN because, again, anyone working against the TOWN is typically more careful with what they say.

Halo

Reaction score
Halo nothing contradicts their claim other than Blush receiving their item that I sent, but they only claimed to interfere with actions. If their visits contradicted other claims that'd be better evidence.
Then you are already assuming :Unamused: is lying. Tbf, if :Hearts: is telling the truth :Unamused: and :Angry: are very likely mafia.

Also, I do not see how :Hearts: ability would bypass item giving. Them saying it only works for actions (is item giving not an action then?) is a very convenient way to dismiss a large flaw in their claim.

Thinking

Reaction score
multiphase night

items are given in the first phase

actions are executed in the second

• Useful
Reactions: Yum

Yum

Reaction score
Then you are already assuming :Unamused: is lying. Tbf, if :Hearts: is telling the truth :Unamused: and :Angry: are very likely mafia.

Also, I do not see how :Hearts: ability would bypass item giving. Them saying it only works for actions (is item giving not an action then?) is a very convenient way to dismiss a large flaw in their claim.
yeah it's odd, but the facts are, two people are claiming redirection roles and angry claimed after, so they have the information advantage and could lie better. This is why I hate redirection roles. They make everything a pain.

The whole voting scenario where multiple players could've hammered Unamused but didn't, and then votes went over to Hearts rather quickly just hours before the original deadline, doesn't sit well with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.