Emoji Mafia - Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thinking

Reaction score
This is unfair. One claim could literally change the entire day. Why would I waste my time revealing my opinions when one claim could invalidate that?

I'm a little dumbfounded that you believe someone who conveniently "forgot" they were a roleblocker until it came time to massclaim
i didnt mean to imply you were mafia for wanting to wait for other claims, my apologies

i gave my reasons for believing winking and stand by them; i know that i didnt get any results n3 and winking cleared it up when i mentioned i didnt get results. since my role is guiser related im more willing to believe the defender claim as it makes sense. its not purely anti-guiser like mine is and has a lot of potential utility

if i was more confident in you as mafia i would be voting you instead of unamused rn

also im done with going around lynching every dumbtell immediately

Blush

Reaction score
i didnt mean to imply you were mafia for wanting to wait for other claims, my apologies

i gave my reasons for believing winking and stand by them; i know that i didnt get any results n3 and winking cleared it up when i mentioned i didnt get results. since my role is guiser related im more willing to believe the defender claim as it makes sense. its not purely anti-guiser like mine is and has a lot of potential utility

if i was more confident in you as mafia i would be voting you instead of unamused rn

also im done with going around lynching every dumbtell immediately
Fair enough. I don't think we should lynch every dunbtell immediately, I think winking's claim is just too convenient.

I'll have to think about the situation a little bit more, maybe neither unamused or mask is mafia. Joy seems to be scummy for reasons stated by multiple individuals, it's just the problem I have with a Joy lynch is it doesn't really make us closer to figuring out the big picture even if Joy does flip mafia

Thinking

Reaction score
i swear to the god or god like emoji if this is because of redirection bullshit ill open my veins

• Winner
Reactions: Yum

Unamused

Reaction score
This is way too dismissing and honestly kind of a weird argument. You're claiming Mask is suspicious, but ignoring that both Watchers and Trackers can be mafia-sided.
they can, but it's uncommon. i don't remember if it was the same post (pretty sure it was) but i did point out that mafia investigative roles are rarely trackers or watchers and admit that mask was probably not mafia if their claim is legitimate

Thinking

Reaction score
it also is baffling to me that i have to be the one to constantly point this out;

unamused claims i visited myself n2
mask claims i visited yum n2

both cannot be true

and neither mask nor unamused seem to want to jump on the other which is very weird to me

Unamused

Reaction score
I think I'm going to place my vote on Joy for now. I've already explained why in great detail.

vote Joy

Unamused

Reaction score
it also is baffling to me that i have to be the one to constantly point this out;

unamused claims i visited myself n2
mask claims i visited yum n2

both cannot be true

and neither mask nor unamused seem to want to jump on the other which is very weird to me
You keep saying this and I keep pointing out that neither of us have been CC'd, and it's reasonably likely that there is some kind of interference role at play. I do think Mask is somewhat suspicious but not enough to push terribly hard on right now, for the previously stated reasons that a) They knew your target before you revealed it which would mean they have to be a mafia watcher rather than just straight up lying and b) Mafia watchers are uncommon.

Thinking

Reaction score
You keep saying this and I keep pointing out that neither of us have been CC'd
both of those statements i keep saying are as counterclaimy as it gets

yes nobody counterclaimed the watcher or tracker role name but thats not the reason my vote is the way it is

Unamused

Reaction score
both of those statements i keep saying are as counterclaimy as it gets

yes nobody counterclaimed the watcher or tracker role name but thats not the reason my vote is the way it is
Kind of strange how you're the only one really stuck on this, cause apparently Mask didn't think it appropriate to contest my claim when I made it.

Thinking

Reaction score
Kind of strange how you're the only one really stuck on this, cause apparently Mask didn't think it appropriate to contest my claim when I made it.
i agree it is extremely strange that its only me reinforcing that point, though winking and yum followed me

also that is weird for mask to wait like that but they were very quiet during that day, and dont seem to care about the discrepancy today...i dont get it i really dont

Hearts

Reaction score
I do have to say that I never considered my role as a redirection role as much as a protective role. While it's possible that a bus driver exists in this game, I don't think it should be proven due to the mechanics of my role. Alternatively, there may be other roles with a primary ability that also causes a small redirection. I don't trust Unamused, but Mask's seemingly indifferent play style is giving me doubts about my view on them.

Hearts

Reaction score
you literally target someone and redirect actions targeted at them to yourself.
I know. I simply said I considered it more of a protective role since it's not switching two other players. It's my target and myself. While not all targeting actions are harmful, I treat it as more of a defensive position.

Winking

Reaction score
I agree with most of the points Thinking has brought up, but unfortunately, this is around the point in time I’m supposed to be asleep on top of the past few hours being surprisingly busy as well as a bit draining.

Before I go to sleep, though, I’d like to admit of having been skeptical of both Tracker and Watcher roles simply due to their existences in Republic as well, whereas the other roles are names I am unfamiliar with seeing; however, I understand that my experiences with mafia are rather limited, and so judging things based on this is a bad idea.

Winking

Reaction score
i get more and more suspicious of blush by the second, but at the same time i had really wanted to trust them and i don’t want to push against them since a part of me is worried that it’s blush’s pushing their suspicions towards me that’s making me suspect them, but

i’m always gonna end up sitting still under those reasons

i’m gonna go re-read some stuff and see what i get under my current assumptions

Winking

Reaction score
i’m going to work under the assumption that both unamused and blush are mafia, because that is the exact thing i started to consider when i came across the following;
I can't really verify that without more information. We'd need to reveal more town information but it's probably worth it right now I think? I'll let people discuss first. :)
If I had to guess, I'd say unamused is gonna claim either tracker or some silly lie detector role. If he claims tracker then he'll be able to verify my claim if he didn't receive a report the first night.
cause a) i didn't really need to
b) i said i would be upfront if there was a consensus for it but so far it's just the two of you getting up my ass
c) here goes anyway

i'm the tracker. i tracked yum n1 and got no result so i can't confirm whoever claimed blocked until i know whether or not yum visited anyone, and now that i've said that yum can just say they didn't to leave us in the dark if they're mafia (ie why i didn't fully explain initially).

also worth nothing i tracked thinking last night and they visited themselves, which isn't allowed normally meaning some sort of targeting bullshittery is in the setup

Winking

Reaction score
unamused and blush are using the excuse of target redirection bullshittery and their claimed roles’ actions to mess with the town, and i can prove it

maybe

hopefully

i hope to god i’m not seeing things here

• Haha
Reactions: Unamused

Angry

Reaction score
claiming someone was redirected is an easy way to not have to guess their night visits correctly

think of it like this

what are the odds unamused happened to track two different people on two different nights and both happened to be redirected? yes it is possible for it to happen but between the unlikeliness of it and the fact there has been no shred of evidence for redirection besides what unamused has claimed, its looking very likely unamused brought up redirection as a means to seriously confuse the town
I agree with you, but I still have a difficult time accepting :unamused:'s behaviour as indicative of MAFIA, simply because it seems so counterintuitive for a MAFIA to do. Surely anyone with ulterior motives would think twice before rushing into a position where there's a high amount of predictable negative attention?

speaking of claims i would love to hear from sob, angry, and sweat. all 3 have made appearances since the massclaim started and havent bothered to claim. angry and sweat posted and sob rated something a while ago

i get wanting to wait until every claim is in but there is a deadline looming pretty quickly
I don't really want to CLAIM. It would add nothing to the ongoing discussion and would possibly be detrimental to TOWN efforts.

I seem to have missed this yesterday, but :hearts: claimed a role very similar to mine. Consider this a COUNTERCLAIM. I can also say that based on my actions during the first two nights, I am 95% sure that :thinking: is TOWN.

I can admit that I might be falling into the mindset of "it has to be one or the other" when it could be neither. I think the tipping point for you was the post I quoted earlier about hammering on Unamused. The thing is, you guys are all linked to a degree. You're the outlier here as you're not voting for Unamused like thinking and winking are, but if it turns out one of you three are mafia it turns into a very likely scenario that your night action claims were all made in an attempt to back each other up. I don't see how play styles have to do with if you're connected as mafia or not. I also don't think saying I'm focusing on a larger conspiracy has no reason, if I'm right then we're connecting 3 mafia together.

I didn't say Unamused is very scummy, I'm saying he looks scummy because his night actions don't match up with other peoples. But if I think past how it just looks, his actions don't insinuate mafia. Your surface actions don't scream mafia, but why would you hammer someone you're trying to defend?

But again, I can admit it may be neither of you and the "one or the other" mentality isn't necessarily the right choice. I'm going to leave my vote though, but I'll try to keep an open mind on that it doesn't have to be you or unamused today, and I may change it as things develop
Honestly, the team-up argument can also be used with you, myself and :yum: to some degree. I think player dynamics are only relatively reliable as evidence when it's just two players under the microscope. Any larger group usually turns out to be at least partially TOWN because, again, anyone working against the TOWN is typically more careful with what they say.

Blush

Reaction score
Maybe I'm thinking of this wrong, and I don't want to get lynched because I'm being stubborn.

unvote

Can somebody do a writeup of why unamused would be mafia, taking into account that as mafia, his claimed night visits make no sense and make him seem suspicious?

Yum

Reaction score
Maybe I'm thinking of this wrong, and I don't want to get lynched because I'm being stubborn.

unvote

Can somebody do a writeup of why unamused would be mafia, taking into account that as mafia, his claimed night visits make no sense and make him seem suspicious?
We did push him to claim earlier than he would have liked, and he could have conflicting results to initiate counter claims.

Having no result on me the first night was safe for Unamused considering Blush said she'd blocked him.

Night two result seems like nonsense designed to implicate the existence of a bus role to explain away any future discrepancies in his results.

Night three result of Blush supposedly visiting Angry could be an attempt to throw suspicion on the claimed roleblocker, as Blush immediately presented their night action without hesitation as soon as the day started.

Winking

Reaction score
A Theory where Blush and Unamused are both Mafia that is full of Assumptions that may or may not be Jumping The Gun, by Wink
this is very biased towards a certain assumption, and i am also very tired, very sleepy and very much losing focus so this theory may be tunnel-visioning. proceed with caution. my assumptions throughout this post are as follows;
a) unamused and blush (and possibly angry as well) are mafia
b) both of their roles are complete, 100% bogus
c) there is no busdriver or any kind of target redirection bullshittery taking place in the game

Pages 7-9
Blush claims Roleblocker, and declares they blocked Unamused and Weary in that order. Asks Unamused if he (pronoun as such for the sake of simplicity) has a power role that could verify Blush’s claim via his action not going through. Unamused softclaims a PR role, but avoids saying what it is or if it was blocked on Night 0. A bit of back and forth, Unamused accusing Blush of being mafia and asking why they keep pushing. Before Unamused finally claims, Blush posts an assumption that Unamused is probably going to claim something like tracker or lie detector, sandwiched between two other posts of Blush. Soon after, Unamused claims Tracker, and says he tracked Yum (no report) and Thinking (visited themselves, contradicting Mask later on).

I am inclined to think that around here, Blush set a plan in motion to establish them and Unamused as power roles- but Unamused didn’t really know exactly what he was supposed to do at the time, so it took a bit of signalling on Blush’s part for him to get what was going on. Unamused then claimed he tracked Yum on the first night and got no report; whether Yum turned out to have a night action or not, Unamused claiming that he did not get a report on Night 1 would give Blush’s claim plausibility too. This was also the time that Unamused established the idea of a redirection role existing, by saying that Thinking visited themself.

After that was mostly pushing for Weary’s lynch (who turned out to be a villager) so I will skip to

Pages 12-13
Day starts. Blush claims to have blocked Expressionless, who died the previous night. Unamused contradicts this and states they visited Angry, implying they tracked Blush. Mask contradicts Unamused’s previous report from Pages 7-9 by saying on the second night Thinking and Joy both visited Yum, with the claim of watcher. Because Yum was Thinking’s planned target, Thinking declares that either Mask or Unamused is lying. Soon after, Joy claims that they did in fact visit Yum, confirming Mask.

Expressionless is already dead by this point, thus being a convenient target. Unamused saying that Blush visited Angry instead is confusing at first, but in hindsight strengthens the idea that there is a redirection role somewhere in the game. Choosing some random person to ‘redirect’ to would be a risk for Blush, however, as that person could notice that they weren’t actually blocked. This leaves two options; either Blush is actually a roleblocker or Angry is mafia, since a mafia member would be willing to keep up with such a masquerade to protect their teammates. Mask’s report contradicting Unamused may seem like a death sentence, but as the idea of a redirector (that is, a bus driver) has already been established, it’s easy enough to say that Unamused was the one who was redirected.

Page 16
My eyes are starting to get droopy, so wrapping this up really quickly; Unamused says that if he was mafia, he wouldn’t be stupid enough to pull any of this out of his ass under the knowledge that he’d be dead in the water, and Blush says while Unamused is looking hella scummy they can’t see a mafia member pulling this either. They also say there’s no way there isn’t a mafia bus driver either, because too many weird stuff has happened for there not to be.

The thing is, the only areas this supposed bus driver is revolving around is YOU TWO, and your actions are set in such a way that they can either be justified by each other or easily hand-waved. I don’t know, maybe I’m reading too much into things, but Unamused seems pretty agreeable to whatever Blush has to say and of course he’d follow their lead in claiming tracker under those circumstances, because he trusts Blush has a plan, and also he was being pushed into a corner.

i’m tired. i need sleep. i spent at least three hours combing through this thread just to make this. i’m going to wake up in the morning, look at this, and think my thoughts are stupid and paranoid and also rely on too many assumptions that i made based on reading through a bunch of pages i’m not even sure i analyzed right. night night.

• Informative
Reactions: Joy, Halo and Yum

Yum

Reaction score
In this order, I had defended; Expressionless, Hearts and Thinking. So if any one of you found yourselves unable to do anything, that was me.
Finally! I blocked Expressionless last night.
it just now occurred to me that expressionless got absolutely shit on with claimed blocks
the only night they weren't blocked was night two, so if both Winking and Blush are telling the truth, then there's no way he could've been guiser

so if that's the case, guiser should still be in original account

Yum

Reaction score
A Theory where Blush and Unamused are both Mafia that is full of Assumptions that may or may not be Jumping The Gun, by Wink
this is very biased towards a certain assumption, and i am also very tired, very sleepy and very much losing focus so this theory may be tunnel-visioning. proceed with caution. my assumptions throughout this post are as follows;
a) unamused and blush (and possibly angry as well) are mafia
b) both of their roles are complete, 100% bogus
c) there is no busdriver or any kind of target redirection bullshittery taking place in the game

Pages 7-9
Blush claims Roleblocker, and declares they blocked Unamused and Weary in that order. Asks Unamused if he (pronoun as such for the sake of simplicity) has a power role that could verify Blush’s claim via his action not going through. Unamused softclaims a PR role, but avoids saying what it is or if it was blocked on Night 0. A bit of back and forth, Unamused accusing Blush of being mafia and asking why they keep pushing. Before Unamused finally claims, Blush posts an assumption that Unamused is probably going to claim something like tracker or lie detector, sandwiched between two other posts of Blush. Soon after, Unamused claims Tracker, and says he tracked Yum (no report) and Thinking (visited themselves, contradicting Mask later on).

I am inclined to think that around here, Blush set a plan in motion to establish them and Unamused as power roles- but Unamused didn’t really know exactly what he was supposed to do at the time, so it took a bit of signalling on Blush’s part for him to get what was going on. Unamused then claimed he tracked Yum on the first night and got no report; whether Yum turned out to have a night action or not, Unamused claiming that he did not get a report on Night 1 would give Blush’s claim plausibility too. This was also the time that Unamused established the idea of a redirection role existing, by saying that Thinking visited themself.

After that was mostly pushing for Weary’s lynch (who turned out to be a villager) so I will skip to

Pages 12-13
Day starts. Blush claims to have blocked Expressionless, who died the previous night. Unamused contradicts this and states they visited Angry, implying they tracked Blush. Mask contradicts Unamused’s previous report from Pages 7-9 by saying on the second night Thinking and Joy both visited Yum, with the claim of watcher. Because Yum was Thinking’s planned target, Thinking declares that either Mask or Unamused is lying. Soon after, Joy claims that they did in fact visit Yum, confirming Mask.

Expressionless is already dead by this point, thus being a convenient target. Unamused saying that Blush visited Angry instead is confusing at first, but in hindsight strengthens the idea that there is a redirection role somewhere in the game. Choosing some random person to ‘redirect’ to would be a risk for Blush, however, as that person could notice that they weren’t actually blocked. This leaves two options; either Blush is actually a roleblocker or Angry is mafia, since a mafia member would be willing to keep up with such a masquerade to protect their teammates. Mask’s report contradicting Unamused may seem like a death sentence, but as the idea of a redirector (that is, a bus driver) has already been established, it’s easy enough to say that Unamused was the one who was redirected.

Page 16
My eyes are starting to get droopy, so wrapping this up really quickly; Unamused says that if he was mafia, he wouldn’t be stupid enough to pull any of this out of his ass under the knowledge that he’d be dead in the water, and Blush says while Unamused is looking hella scummy they can’t see a mafia member pulling this either. They also say there’s no way there isn’t a mafia bus driver either, because too many weird stuff has happened for there not to be.

The thing is, the only areas this supposed bus driver is revolving around is YOU TWO, and your actions are set in such a way that they can either be justified by each other or easily hand-waved. I don’t know, maybe I’m reading too much into things, but Unamused seems pretty agreeable to whatever Blush has to say and of course he’d follow their lead in claiming tracker under those circumstances, because he trusts Blush has a plan, and also he was being pushed into a corner.

i’m tired. i need sleep. i spent at least three hours combing through this thread just to make this. i’m going to wake up in the morning, look at this, and think my thoughts are stupid and paranoid and also rely on too many assumptions that i made based on reading through a bunch of pages i’m not even sure i analyzed right. night night.
jesus christ this is madness
if your hunch is right though that's one of the most interesting plays I've seen

seems like most of us agree that unamused, at least, is most likely not town, and with deadline approaching tomorrow we should put on votes before maf has a chance to blitz

Winking

Reaction score
i want to sleep. i can’t sleep. my thoughts are spinning over and over and then i realized i did not defend expressionless because i thought they were town, for it was the night the game started, but because i figured their face was the kind of face a guiser would like to have for some godforsaken reason i can’t remember

Status
Not open for further replies.