Emoji Mafia - Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halo

Reaction score
also im down with lynching unamused because the only evidence redirection even exists in this setup is their word on it, and at this rate im more willing to trust mask since they knew my n2 visit while in hindsight it seems anyone could claim redirection to get around not knowing who visited who
This seems fair, I personally do not see a redirection rype role being in this setup either.

I am also sceptic of the two town 'roleblockers'. I would really like the rest of the claims so we can start looking for all things that do not add up. Still four claims needed iirc.

Hearts

Reaction score
I'm the Follower. Essentially, I'm a villager, but I can choose to visit players. Whatever action falls onto my target will fall onto me instead.

I didn't utilise it on Night 1 since it was just the start of the game, but I chose to visit Halo on Night 2 just because I thought they were trustworthy enough and I wanted to pick someone on the off chance they're targeted. Night 3 I visited Blush due to their claim. Feel free to ask questions.

I'll post about the current discussion in a bit, sorry I'm a bit late.

Thinking

Reaction score
I am also sceptic of the two town 'roleblockers'.
i am too, one of them is maf

I would really like the rest of the claims so we can start looking for all things that do not add up. Still four claims needed iirc.
i added my vote based on what already doesnt add up in case of a deadline and i would like to hear the other three claims since hearts just posted theirs

Reactions: Halo

Thinking

Reaction score
I'm the Follower. Essentially, I'm a villager, but I can choose to visit players. Whatever action falls onto my target will fall onto me instead.

I didn't utilise it on Night 1 since it was just the start of the game, but I chose to visit Halo on Night 2 just because I thought they were trustworthy enough and I wanted to pick someone on the off chance they're targeted. Night 3 I visited Blush due to their claim. Feel free to ask questions.

I'll post about the current discussion in a bit, sorry I'm a bit late.
so your an enhanced bodyguard then, sounds reasonable enough atm so ill see if anyone else claims a protective role

Yum

Reaction score
Their claim and how they didn't reveal their full results, and likely won't until everyone else claims, rubs me the wrong way. Also gut feelings/vibes/whatever. Hopefully they try to avoid getting modkilled next post.
Vote Joy

Thinking

Reaction score
Their claim and how they didn't reveal their full results, and likely won't until everyone else claims, rubs me the wrong way. Also gut feelings/vibes/whatever. Hopefully they try to avoid getting modkilled next post.
Vote Joy
joy's claim is sketchy as fuck, but at this point i think its better to lynch unamused since they very likely lied about night visits instead of your hunch rn

there is also no way town has a watcher, tracker, cop(confirmed kia) and authenticator(confirmed via being blocked)

unamused or mask is maf
blush or winking is maf

Sob

Reaction score
Questions? Accusations? Numbers? Addresses? Can I take your order?

Yum

Reaction score
joy's claim is sketchy as fuck, but at this point i think its better to lynch unamused since they very likely lied about night visits instead of your hunch rn

there is also no way town has a watcher, tracker, cop(confirmed kia) and authenticator(confirmed via being blocked)

unamused or mask is maf
blush or winking is maf
the hunch was only because of joy's bullshit if you mean the swapping theory, they claimed to have only been able to detect whether the player was capable of night visits/actions in their deleted posts

Blush

Reaction score
authenticator(confirmed via being blocked)
How are you confirmed? I know you got blocked but you could be lying about that and both you and winking are mafia. I'm not saying you are, it's just I wouldn't go and call yourself confirmed because of it.

Vote Joy
Seems a little rushed, I agree with thinking that the unamused/mask option is the safer choice

blush or winking is maf
I agree, and I also want to say it's strange how winking "forgot" their roleblocking ability until day 3 and didn't think anything about two roleblockers being in the game during all of day 2!

Questions? Accusations? Numbers? Addresses? Can I take your order?
What?

Thinking

Reaction score
How are you confirmed? I know you got blocked but you could be lying about that and both you and winking are mafia. I'm not saying you are, it's just I wouldn't go and call yourself confirmed because of it.
ive been independently declared to do different actions by multiple sources

n2 i tried to visit yum to check if they were guised. unamused claims i visited myself which would show i was redirected by maf. no one has claimed to be a bus driver yet so its either maf redirected me or more likely unamused lied about the entire thing, which i pointed out at every opportunity

then mask came out independently today and said i visited yum before i confirmed my night action list, proving one of the two of them to be a liar

i trust mask more since they got my n2 visit correct

I agree, and I also want to say it's strange how winking "forgot" their roleblocking ability until day 3 and didn't think anything about two roleblockers being in the game during all of day 2!
that is true so it comes down to if their dumbtell is to be believed or not

however thats why i want to lynch unamused because out of the four contested claims i trust unamused the least out of all of them, thats why im not advocating for lynching you or winking since im less confident on which one of you two is maf atm

Thinking

Reaction score
the hunch was only because of joy's bullshit if you mean the swapping theory, they claimed to have only been able to detect whether the player was capable of night visits/actions in their deleted posts
oh alright i did see a little of it but didnt get a close enough look to make up my mind on what actually happened there

probably for the best not to talk about deleted posts btw but i respect your vote even if i disagree with it

Angry

Reaction score
I can't really confirm whether I was BLOCKED or not.

Clearly either :unamused: or :mask : is lying about :thinking:'s Night 2 visit. What I don't understand is why either of them would do that. On one hand, the fact that :mask : correctly stated :thinking:'s intended TARGET seems to confirm their story. On the other hand, :unamused: has now made two separate claims that people did not VISIT who they intended to VISIT, and I can not think of any possible reason a MAFIA would do such a thing - if you mean to tell me that they're simply making it up in support of their FALSE CLAIM, then let me express my doubt as I feel this would be a play too bold for most people to even entertain making, especially since I can't see what other purpose it would serve.

I think we should at least entertain the slight possibility that :unamused: is who they say they are, but their reports are unreliable.

As things are now, I am not comfortable with LYNCHING either of them, as I'm NEUTRAL on both. They have both shown certain behaviour I would expect from a MAFIA, but, in my mind at least, have not yet crossed the line where I would consider them SUSPICIOUS.

Right now I think I'd be most willing to LYNCH :winking:. There's three reasons for that:

1) They haven't been contributing much, instead they've made quite a few fairly useless posts (in my opinion, at least).
2) They followed the BANDWAGONS on both :shades: and :weary: without much justification.
3) I don't believe their CLAIM and I especially don't believe that they had a ROLEBLOCKING ABILITY they didn't know about.

As for :blush:, if :winking: does turn out to be a TOWNIE, I'd take a closer look into :blush:'s dynamics with :yum:. I don't think they would team up so brazenly if they were both MAFIA, but you never really know until you do.

Thinking

Reaction score
On the other hand, :unamused: has now made two separate claims that people did not VISIT who they intended to VISIT, and I can not think of any possible reason a MAFIA would do such a thing - if you mean to tell me that they're simply making it up in support of their FALSE CLAIM, then let me express my doubt as I feel this would be a play too bold for most people to even entertain making, especially since I can't see what other purpose it would serve.
claiming someone was redirected is an easy way to not have to guess their night visits correctly

think of it like this

what are the odds unamused happened to track two different people on two different nights and both happened to be redirected? yes it is possible for it to happen but between the unlikeliness of it and the fact there has been no shred of evidence for redirection besides what unamused has claimed, its looking very likely unamused brought up redirection as a means to seriously confuse the town

Yum

Reaction score
oh alright i did see a little of it but didnt get a close enough look to make up my mind on what actually happened there

probably for the best not to talk about deleted posts btw but i respect your vote even if i disagree with it
i do think unamused is scummy as well, I'd vote for either

Sweat

Reaction score
Let me quickly get up to speed and I'll post my thoughts

Yum

Reaction score
Let me quickly get up to speed and I'll post my thoughts
Still there?

Thought about it more and Unamused does seem to be scummier, but I do want a full claim from Joy.

Vote Unamused

Mask

Reaction score
i am currently not trusting joy or unamused, but i'm not convinced enough to really push for either to be lynched

unamused is acting shady but i don't see why he would lie about who thinking visited as that would only bring attention to himself

will hammer if he gets enough votes tho

Thinking

Reaction score
unamused is acting shady but i don't see why he would lie about who thinking visited as that would only bring attention to himself
...you do realize unamused contradicted your claim today, right?

you said i visited yum night 2 while unamused said i visited myself night 2

both cannot be true

Winking

Reaction score
I’ll be honest, both Blush and Unamused had made me unsettled early on for the same reason; I found it hard to read them. I’ve mentioned it before in Blush’s case, but I feel like I should reiterate it now.

In the case of Unamused, his short and antagonistic posts early during the previous day made me immediately lean towards mafia, but at the same time due to the shortness of their posts I still couldn’t really tell. They’re more active today, though; for the reasons Thinking stated, I also suspect Unamused is mafia. However, after the last two days, I’m really worried about jumping onto that.

In the case of Blush, it’s- their entire demeanor. Not their actions, necessarily, but their constantly cheery attitude with exclamation marks unsettles me enough a part of me is always a bit reluctant, because it’s hard to read intentions when that demeanor is in full force 24/7, on top of their replies often being a bit short, too. I’ve considered that Blush would do it intentionally as mafia, and in that case it’s a really good defense they have going- but at the same time, I still want to trust Blush. They otherwise seem like town.

... uh, with that said
Blush
could you maybe
drop the cheeriness, just a bit
for my own peace of mind, if nothing else
i’m sorry for this request, but it’s getting a bit too much, and it tempts me to label you as potential mafia just because it’s hard to read your intentions

... uhhh

can someone put down a list of claimed role names? i can’t remember what blush’s was beyond roleblocker, and i’m pretty sure their name wouldn’t be just that, straight up

Winking

Reaction score
actually, you know what
unamused has tangible evidence

vote unamused

Blush

Reaction score
I’ll be honest, both Blush and Unamused had made me unsettled early on for the same reason; I found it hard to read them. I’ve mentioned it before in Blush’s case, but I feel like I should reiterate it now.

In the case of Unamused, his short and antagonistic posts early during the previous day made me immediately lean towards mafia, but at the same time due to the shortness of their posts I still couldn’t really tell. They’re more active today, though; for the reasons Thinking stated, I also suspect Unamused is mafia. However, after the last two days, I’m really worried about jumping onto that.

In the case of Blush, it’s- their entire demeanor. Not their actions, necessarily, but their constantly cheery attitude with exclamation marks unsettles me enough a part of me is always a bit reluctant, because it’s hard to read intentions when that demeanor is in full force 24/7, on top of their replies often being a bit short, too. I’ve considered that Blush would do it intentionally as mafia, and in that case it’s a really good defense they have going- but at the same time, I still want to trust Blush. They otherwise seem like town.

... uh, with that said
Blush
could you maybe
drop the cheeriness, just a bit
for my own peace of mind, if nothing else
i’m sorry for this request, but it’s getting a bit too much, and it tempts me to label you as potential mafia just because it’s hard to read your intentions

... uhhh

can someone put down a list of claimed role names? i can’t remember what blush’s was beyond roleblocker, and i’m pretty sure their name wouldn’t be just that, straight up
Sure. Initially I wanted to because it's fun to get to be someone else in a purely anonymous game but it's getting kind of tiring anyways

i am currently not trusting joy or unamused, but i'm not convinced enough to really push for either to be lynched

will hammer if he gets enough votes tho
Seems like a case of "I don't want people to think I wanted to lynch unamused when he flips town, but I'll gladly vote for him when it gets close enough!" Feels kind of scummy to me.

Still waiting for those other claims though

Thinking

Reaction score
can someone put down a list of claimed role names?
sure

angry - ?
blush - roleblocker
halo - sponge
hearts -follower
joy - balancer
mask - watcher
sob - ?
sweat - ?
thinking - authenticator
unamused - tracker
winking - defender