Mafia Lite 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sploorky

Reaction score
Gonna be honest with you, I only saw one side of the 'we' when I made my original post. Once rereading it and seeing where I went wrong, I decided to continue push Dessern on the hopes I could get him to slip up and reveal he's mafia.

Because despite what others think, I'm still not ruling out the fact that yes, the 'we' could be 'we the mafia'. I'm not outright saying "That's it, that's all it could be, vote for Dessern", but I don't want people thinking that 'He meant we the town, let's rule him out from who can be mafia'. It can be either way, and I'm not fully passing it off as an accidental wording. Maybe I'm overthinking things, but I think overthinking is going to work out in the long run more then assuming innocence.

I really do not believe your reasoning is right there Sploork, as Dessern really wasn't "urging" anyone to lynch quickly. All he did was state he was curious and suspicious of Kraby, though I admit, on unusual grounds.
However, this really did not cause much in terms of his conviction.
Not much, but it gave something for the mafia to capitalize on. My memory of the incident is a bit blurred, and I don't want to look back at the other season, but what he said did affect in his lynch as much as Defiant's reasoning.

Dessern has been playing mafia foru a couple of games now. I think he would know that if he was mafia he would not do such a obvious slip up. Also it wasn't even a slip up he was referring us the town.
Accidents happen, like the accident where I originally only saw one side of Dessern's post. And saying it wasn't a slip up could REALLY be bad for us. Because there still is a chance it was 'we the mafia'.

I'm not going to vote for Dessern with such little proof. Just for the safety of the town, don't fully disregard that Dessern's post COULD have been a slip up.

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Having seen all this i do agree it's a rational choice to be suspicious of me but what Sploorky is saying is true we, the town, shouldn't lynch anybody unless there is definitive proof that they are mafia or are just suspicious beyond reason. The only suspicion on me is my slip up with we. No real proof will come out of the first night but a plain out random lynch on the first day is a very bad idea.

While I do have my ideas on who the mafia I am not going to lynch them for fear I am wrong. If my suspicions are true and I die during this night look to the people who clung to my slip up so strongly, aside from sploorky whom just tried to push me into making another mistake.

But as for now I will go with No Lynch

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
I'm not going to vote for Dessern with such little proof. Just for the safety of the town, don't fully disregard that Dessern's post COULD have been a slip up.
Just as how Balloon's post last game was a "slip-up."
And Shawnachu's "slip-up" in Mafia Lite v1.
Both where intentional. There is very little chance of an accidental "slip-up" in terms of role and team affiliation unless it is Notty's back in Season 3.

Again, I am not really sure what were should do right around now.
I am torn between both, either agreeing to No-lynch, or against the idea, as both are fairly rational decisions as seen in past games, and as an idea in total. I'm not going to decide on a vote quite yet.

Sploorky

Reaction score
There is very little chance of an accidental "slip-up" in terms of role and team affiliation
I disagree, isn't that a major factor in mafia? Saying "we" while referring to the mafia is very plausible. Same reason I wrote out my original comment and only seeing one side of dessern's post. Just two minutes of typing while having your mind on something else could make all the difference.

Aaaanyways, I'm still not a fan of no lynching, but with the lower amount of people in this game, I'd be more inclined to. I'd still like to wait and see if anything pans out.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Well, I guess I'll say my opinion. As most Day 1's go, nobody really has any evidence to lynch anyone, but lynching means we could eliminate a mafia however the likes of that is quite low. In games like Epicmafia no-lynching on Day 1 normally leads to the mafia killing another innocent and everything going wrong, same with abstaining. But as I said before we have to get quite lucky to get a mafia.

• Agree
Reactions: Theodorre

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
But take the chance and put it down to 3 mafia and 2 village? Seems foolish to me.
If if it was 3 Mafia, 2 Village, the Town would have instantly lost.
I think you mean 3 Mafia, 3 Village, since that would only happen if we lynch today, and the Mafia lynches tonight, as there are only 9 players this round, and 1 has already died, so we would be at 6 players if we decide to lynch a player off today.

Honestly, I didn't think of this scenario, as I have still been in a bit of a mindset with previous games, and how the roster is always so much larger, we (Ha! I said we again! What a coincidence eh?) have the ability to make smaller mistakes. We don't really have much leeway in this version though, so I'm mildly leaning toward a No-lynch as well.

There are a few possible scenario's I can picture that determines with our actions today.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) We do decide to lynch off someone today, and it turns out they are a member of the town. The Mafia then strikes in the night. We are left with 6 players: 3 Town, 3 Mafia.
This scenario only leaves us with a SINGLE DAY to discuss a person to lynch, as if a Mafia member is not lynched on this day, the town automatically looses, as the Mafia has a higher percentage of people over the town.

2) We decide not to lynch off a player today, and no damage nor advantage is gained. The Mafia strike and kill off a town. We are left with 7 players: 4 Town, 3 Mafia.
This scenario still only leaves us with a SINGLE DAY to decide on a possibly lynch, as we still have the possibility of lynching off a town UNLESS we decide not to lynch once more, in which we will receive TWO DAYS to discuss a possible outcome, and return to a situation of Scenario 1 stated above.

3)We decide to lynch someone today, and by pure luck, we either lynch off a Mafia member, or the Janitor who is Mafia-sided. This gives us around THREE DAYS to decide upon the next person to lynch IF we decide to No Lynch our way through each and every day through that time period, allowing the Mafia to further decide on a person to kill in the night. The Mafia will only have 2 members by this point.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Of course, each and every one of those scenario's can change due to a single thing which was discussed at the beginning of this day:
The Mafia has the ability to accidentally kill off the Janitor, even though they are on the same side.
If this ever happens without the town's assistance through a lynch, then the town will most likely have an advantage to pick off the Mafia. It also allows the majority of the town to remain alive, which keeps the game progressing, and continues to have a chance for both sides to have the possibility of winning without one having an extreme advantage over the other.

Honestly, seeing some of these scenario's, I am currently leaning toward a no lynch myself. It normally is the safest route, and tends to provide more answers the following day, as we can possibly infer as potential suspects from the person who died the previous night, as well as any discussions surrounding it.

I don't really know what to think right now. May lean toward more toward a No lynch depending on if anyone else has further input on the scenario. This is a fairly prickly situation.

• Dislike
Reactions: Prizyms

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
If if it was 3 Mafia, 2 Village, the Town would have instantly lost.
I think you mean 3 Mafia, 3 Village, since that would only happen if we lynch today, and the Mafia lynches tonight, as there are only 9 players this round, and 1 has already died, so we would be at 6 players if we decide to lynch a player off today.

Honestly, I didn't think of this scenario, as I have still been in a bit of a mindset with previous games, and how the roster is always so much larger, we (Ha! I said we again! What a coincidence eh?) have the ability to make smaller mistakes. We don't really have much leeway in this version though, so I'm mildly leaning toward a No-lynch as well.

There are a few possible scenario's I can picture that determines with our actions today.
1) We do decide to lynch off someone today, and it turns out they are a member of the town. The Mafia then strikes in the night. We are left with 6 players: 3 Town, 3 Mafia.
This scenario only leaves us with a SINGLE DAY to discuss a person to lynch, as if a Mafia member is not lynched on this day, the town automatically looses, as the Mafia has a higher percentage of people over the town.

2) We decide not to lynch off a player today, and no damage nor advantage is gained. The Mafia strike and kill off a town. We are left with 7 players: 4 Town, 3 Mafia.
This scenario still only leaves us with a SINGLE DAY to decide on a possibly lynch, as we still have the possibility of lynching off a town UNLESS we decide not to lynch once more, in which we will receive TWO DAYS to discuss a possible outcome, and return to a situation of Scenario 1 stated above.

3)We decide to lynch someone today, and by pure luck, we either lynch off a Mafia member, or the Janitor who is Mafia-sided. This gives us around THREE DAYS to decide upon the next person to lynch IF we decide to No Lynch our way through each and every day through that time period, allowing the Mafia to further decide on a person to kill in the night. The Mafia will only have 2 members by this point.
Of course, each and every one of those scenario's can change due to a single thing which was discussed at the beginning of this day:
The Mafia has the ability to accidentally kill off the Janitor, even though they are on the same side.
If this ever happens without the town's assistance through a lynch, then the town will most likely have an advantage to pick off the Mafia. It also allows the majority of the town to remain alive, which keeps the game progressing, and continues to have a chance for both sides to have the possibility of winning without one having an extreme advantage over the other.

Honestly, seeing some of these scenario's, I am currently leaning toward a no lynch myself. It normally is the safest route, and tends to provide more answers the following day, as we can possibly infer as potential suspects from the person who died the previous night, as well as any discussions surrounding it.

I don't really know what to think right now. May lean toward more toward a No lynch depending on if anyone else has further input on the scenario. This is a fairly prickly situation.

Either way we do it we are gambling a lot, at this point I am starting to rethink my no lynch. I still do have my strong suspicions of people already but I was hoping a night would pass before I had to bring it up so that I could reinforce it.

So for now I REMOVE MY NO LYNCH VOTE

Status
Not open for further replies.