Mafia Lite 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Nothing meaningful to say if there's nothing meaningful going on right now. I already said what I need to say in this post:

Well, I guess I'll say my opinion. As most Day 1's go, nobody really has any evidence to lynch anyone, but lynching means we could eliminate a mafia however the likes of that is quite low. In games like Epicmafia no-lynching on Day 1 normally leads to the mafia killing another innocent and everything going wrong, same with abstaining. But as I said before we have to get quite lucky to get a mafia.
Well. No-lynching/abstaining still seems bad to me but welp, things are going to go how things are going to go. As the odds of something to happen if we no-lynch have already been said. Oh well, I'll probably die soon but No-Lynch. (Note - I might change this later on but at the moment I guess we're out of options)

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
Nothing meaningful to say if there's nothing meaningful going on right now. I already said what I need to say in this post:

Well. No-lynching/abstaining still seems bad to me but welp, things are going to go how things are going to go. As the odds of something to happen if we no-lynch have already been said. Oh well, I'll probably die soon but No-Lynch. (Note - I might change this later on but at the moment I guess we're out of options)
Why do you think that? :c
Sorry, but the statement just seems a bit out of place, especially how random the killings can be.
I'm just curious.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Last night...

Dessern5 was pushed off a cliff. His insides were spread all over a rather sharp rock and a lot of cleaning up was required.

He was the Tracker!

DAY 2 BEGINS

Vatowski

Reaction score
Oops I somehow did not recover a notification when you first replied. Thanks for the tag, so Dessern was the tracker... A important role. Why would the mafia kill someone we were suspecting to be mafia in the beginning :/. I though they would have used that into their advantage to make us mislynch him

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Well. I'm starting to think it's not 77 or Sploor as the mafia probably targeted Dess to hopefully fool us into thinking it was those two. BUT I THINK DIFFERENTLY MAFIA... unless my logicz is wrong.

Vatowski

Reaction score
Well. I'm starting to think it's not 77 or Sploor as the mafia probably targeted Dess to hopefully fool us into thinking it was those two. BUT I THINK DIFFERENTLY MAFIA... unless my logicz is wrong.
It could be the other way around, the mafia defended Dessern then they killed him to take off the suspicions from themselves

Sploorky

Reaction score
All the possible jukes, it's insane.

Dessern's death was a bit unexpected, but I guess it was a pretty smart move for the mafia. They were probably thinking that A. Dess's death would reflect badly on 77 and I, and B. he was, in a way, more 'cleared' than the rest of us.

Anyways, we're back to square one. I have no leads or possible suspicions as to who the mafia could be, but if anybody else does, give it your all.

I'm thinking if nobody has any good leads, we call upon the watcher. As of right now, the watcher could have identified the bodyguard, disguiser, or janitor. That's a two out of three chance of finding a bad guy.

Of course, the watcher should only reveal himself if we have no leads to go off of, and the watcher actually found people. Remember, another mislynch, and the mafia win.

• Agree
Reactions: Theodorre

Theodorre

The Fail Chipmunk
Reaction score
I agree with Sploorky's post. Even if he hasn't identified the mafia, he can still use the process of elimination to figure out who the possibilities are. As Sploorky said, it'd only work if we had no leads to go off at all, otherwise, it's probably better to stay under the wraps.

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
Watcher, anything at all?

I have one lead but I'm afraid it's very terrible and this person will just get out of it real quick but still.
Jkangaroo I think we can all agree is the best player here. 2 nights have passed and other people have died. Wouldn't the mafia get rid of the better players first? UNLESS Jk is the mafia.
It was the same with defiant in season 4, he reached day 3/4. I as the vigilante killed him and he was mafia.
It may be a small thing but I thought I'de just point out that Jk is still in after 2 killings.

Vatowski

Reaction score
Watcher, anything at all?

I have one lead but I'm afraid it's very terrible and this person will just get out of it real quick but still.
Jkangaroo I think we can all agree is the best player here. 2 nights have passed and other people have died. Wouldn't the mafia get rid of the better players first? UNLESS Jk is the mafia.
It was the same with defiant in season 4, he reached day 3/4. I as the vigilante killed him and he was mafia.
It may be a small thing but I thought I'de just point out that Jk is still in after 2 killings.
Simply, I bet the watcher is constantly watching JK to see if he will be attacked by mafia. The mafia might be scared that the watcher is watching the best player

HarmakAnna

Reaction score
I do find it somewhat suspicious that neither Jk nor Sploor have been killed as of yet, since they've been seen as really good players in this. What I think is that they are probably the mafia because of how the mafia haven't payed attention to them and it's the third day. While the mafia did kill our only lead, that doesn't seem so smart since we would've lynched Dess anyway and given them the win.

And even if it isn't them, the mafia is still toying with us. I think they wanna see how long the game goes for.

JKangaroo

Reaction score
Apologies. I'm probably the only person who hasn't posted yet after the new Day cycle began, but I haven't really haven't been thinking straight these past few days, so I haven't really been extremely optimistic or wanting to post fairly lengthy posts, which is normally the only way I do things.
Anyways, I am here, and seeing what has been already said previously, I think I should probably star by trying to defend myself, and Sploorky, to a degree.

Honestly, I always like to commend people initially for suspecting me, because honestly, as I have said many times in the past, Mafia has always been a game about intrigue and suspicion, and we should obviously never just focus on a single person or point of interest, but also what is occurring and being said by the people around us, as many times it has been proven that the ideas of those who we suspect to be evil, turn out to good; and those who we believe to be working with us, turn out to stab us in the back down the line. It's an idea that goes either way. Which is both a reason I like, as well as dislike it.

You see, ever since the end of, I believe Alpha's Mafia Season 3 but also possibly Mafia Lite v1, I've really begun to hate the "Oh, this player hasn't died yet so they must be Mafia" or "Oh, this player has been really quiet, so they must be Mafia" outlooks of the game that have REALLY become apparent in recent titles of this Mafia forum game, and honestly, I've kind of gotten sick of it. Both ideas are basically opinionated and biased toward a specific outlook, and don't really follow any tangible forms of evidence or suspicion, but are really just a shallow grab at trying to lynch someone, and there really is no real reason behind it besides that.
YES, there is always a chance that these supposedly players may in fact be the Mafia, or the Cop, or a civilian; and I must admit, such attempts have in fact been successful in a few cases, BUT just as that is the case, there can be an even greater chance that those players are in fact, not their supposed roles, and we have also seen this to be the case in similar cases of suspected treasonous roles against the town.

I want to point out that a lot of the suspicions put on me and Sploorky really only stem from Defiant not dying in the first few days last season. You cannot deny that, as honestly, the ideas of "good players not dying on the first turn" mainly became really prominent last season with that fact. And honestly, that scenario probably is the only case where I find the idea of "Skilled players not dying makes them obviously apart of the Mafia" and even viable idea to comprehend.
We have had around 6 or 7 Mafia games so far created and carried out here on the Blocktopia forums, and we have known for awhile that Defiant has very much some experience in the game of Mafia, having that he has participated in fact for all of Alpha's Mafia Seasons (4 in total), as well as Mafia Japan if you count hosting a (fairly difficult to understand) version of Mafia as experience, which I certainly do. Adding on to that fact, we know that Defiant has had a wide variety of knowledge and practice with the use of the Epic Mafia website, and his pitching of ideas that generally was adopted by Alpha in his future installments of the Forum Mafia formula.
Defiant was also seen to be Mafia on two occasions; Mafia Season's 3 and 4, as well as himself being killed off relatively on the first few days both in Seasons 2 and 3 for reasons that people knew he was already a skilled player by that point in time.
Because of this, it should have been a bit more obvious after that initial first day the Defiant was more or less apart of the Mafia, and what I feel once again, just so happens to be the only case of said event, and actually should not reflect at all on the course of the game for other players.

This idea also goes for people who tend to be quiet during Mafia games. They shouldn't be suspected because of how they decide to play the game, or if they can play the game at all during that point in time. It's more prejudicial than anything, and once again, is mainly based around no evidence whatsoever.

Basically I'm saying, don't suspect me and Sploorky just based on that reason alone. Find some more evidence please that actually has reasonable value and can actually contribute to the game, thank you.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyways... Besides that I don't really have much to say in terms of the events last night, generally because I don't have a decent grasp on the situation currently. We are, as Sploorky stated, basically back at square one and we don't entirely know where to go on from here.

In my opinion, I don't actually think Dessern's killing was really to place suspicion onto 77 or Sploorky. From what I'm getting at is that this idea basically stems from that ordeal with Dessern saying "we" in a statement back on Page 1 of this thread, and 77 mis-interpreting the wording. The discussion surrounding that ordeal generally ended in Page 2 of the thread and didn't really go farther then that as we generally concluded that it was, in fact, a misunderstanding between people, and left it at that, with 77 and Sploorky both admitting they had the wrong idea initially.

Because of that, I'm probably more onto the idea, once again as Sploorky stated, is that Dessern was probably the most "cleared" out of any of us at that time, and that killing Dessern off we would once again be back at square one where we can generally expect no one to be exactly "cleared" until we get a bit more information through further discussion on the topic.

So- Basically I have no input or anything. >.<

One thing I do want answered is the question I gave Ooglie earlier which he didn't exactly respond back at, which was:

As I stated the last time I asked, It's not really an accusation or suspicion, I just find it kind of odd that you would say that, especially when the game was just starting and kicking into gear. That along with the fact that there isn't really anything bad against you makes me scratch my head at that statement. It kind of made me depressed after I read it. :(

Again, its not a suspicion, and really shouldn't be acknowledge as that important that would add anything to the game in general. It's just a question I was curious about.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Priz said to give something meaningful, I guess I must have said some meaningful stuff but I also jumped on the bandwagon that was going on at the time (No-Lynch)

I woulda been a tiny bit suspicious of me if I was any of you guys.

JKangaroo

Reaction score
Priz said to give something meaningful, I guess I must have said some meaningful stuff but I also jumped on the bandwagon that was going on at the time (No-Lynch)

I woulda been a tiny bit suspicious of me if I was any of you guys.
Oh, thanks for clarifying. xD

Sorry, I thought you were like, giving up on the game when I ready "im probably going to die, anyways" thing, so I was both a bit sad and confused, so thank you for explaining. xP

Status
Not open for further replies.