Xbox One v. PS4

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
Think about this; $500 for the Xbone and $60 for one year of Xbox Live (total: $560) with no used games compatibility and no ability to play games offline.

Compare that with the $400 PS4 and $50 for one year of PS+ (total: $450) with used games compatibility and ability to play offline wherever, whenever.

Sony just turned me from a Xbox fanboy to a PS4 buyer. Bravo.

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
Only $5. Still a lot cheaper then Xbox's stuff. And only $400 for console.
I've been watching the whole of the E3 conferences, and I'm pretty sure, and this has been the reaction from essentially all of the people I have been seeing streaming the conferences, that really, I've never seen the case that Online Play is "required" to be paid for via. Playstation Plus.

Unless it was extremely shoved into the conference in a somewhat quietly or shady manner that wasn't that noticeable, I don't entirely believe this is entirely the case (that article is IGN, I don't trust them anyways. ^-^)

But Playstation+, eh, no big deal. Playstation+ is a fantastic service, and what, $5 roughly a month all the way up to roughly $50 a year?
That's practically the price of a brand new, triple-A title, and really, that seems like a steal:
-Discounted games,
-Sometimes free games over the period
-early access
It's a good system anyways, and I quote from one livestream I was watching:
"You should be getting Playstation+ anyways if you are going to be using any of the Sony gaming platforms"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Although I'm mainly a PC gamer, I probably will be getting a PS4 after seeing today's events.
Grew up with the original Playstation, though moved away toward Nintendo's stuff later in life...
I've always felt Playstation just had better IP over that of Microsoft that were normally always more interesting, and there always seemed to be more of it.
The original Jak and Daxter series, Sly Cooper, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, Uncharted, just... Many very interesting and fairly enjoyable games.

I don't even remember any XBOX exclusives besides... (and I don't even remember if this was an exclusive) but, I guess Gears of War?--- And that didn't even interest me that much.

Sony seems to be the winner of the current generation of Consoles, and after their more humbling years recently after the domination of Microsoft and the XBOX, I'm happy for them.

Reactions: CaptainCake

Mccuish

The Canadian Nightmare
Contributor
Reaction score

Sploorky

Reaction score
Been following almost nothing about the latest consoles, but some very inaccurate and poorly researched opinions from me:

The fact that consoles are shifting more and more away from console "gaming" to social media is scary. The xbox one, with the constant internet connection, crossed the line for me. I want consoles for playing games primarily, because I use my computer for social media. I understand the shifting need for more features in your home console, but it shouldn't be the primarily focus.

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
PS4? Liek there's not even competition the Xbox - One fucked itself over on EVERY LEVEL
Which is sad really, because the Xbox 1 seems to have a lot of really interesting titles, and with that 1 billion dollar investment into games on their system this year, there probably will be that much many more interesting IP's to be produced. I really wish the PR wasn't THAT bad as it currently stands...
But I'm certain XBOX-1 will at least hold its own.

It feels like this generation will be like it did between Playstation 2, XBOX (original), and Gamecube.

Sephhh

Supermegauber Foxy Fox!
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/e3-2013-playstation-plus-required-for-ps4-online-play

There goes your free online gaming xD
And 18 free games per month? I'd rather stick finishing 2 than playing every single game in a month :p. But that's just me.

And yeah, just saw killer's post, but meh.
I used to play ps2 and ps1, and I liked them, and haven't tried much of ps3 yet, so can't fully judge.

I don't see why there is a problem for you to be required having to connect at least once a day, because I barely pass a day without being connected to the internet :p (just me again.), but the ps4 is much cheaper too, so I would probably consider.

Digitalis

Reaction score
It's actually $599 RRP in Australia, and the US price converted to Australian Dollars is $526. Where did that extra $70 come from?!?!!?

I'd just like to point out that you need to take into account minimum wages. Even with the increased Australian price, It'll take less work hours to buy an XBox One in Australia than it would working in the United States.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
Xbox? Playstation?

Pfft, the first console I'll be getting is the Wii U, and I'll like it!

... That aside, I suppose I'm more in favor for the PS4, due to recent hearings of Xbox One's DRM-like system. It probably won't require a membership 24/7, but requiring internet 24/7 just seems like a hassle to me. I don't always have internet readily available, not even internet that's always stable.

I've heard plently of people complain about the newest The Sims and its DRM, and I can see it happening with Xbox One... Unless this 'stronger internet connectivity' they have makes it all worth while.

... But, if I get more into it, there's also the aspect of what games may be coming out in the future exclusively for these consoles. No doubt, I'll soon have 2/3 or these consoles, just to get specific games I really want to play, like... Kingdom Hearts 3 / 4, Animal Crossing ( Already on the 3DS, but they may have one on the Wii U in the future. :O ), and possibly a Fable 4... ( Which I doubt, because they bombed it with Fable 3. D: )

In the end, I'll probably like every console. I'll always be saying that computers win, but in terms of consoles in general, I say the 3 main franchises are equal(ly awesome).

HeroOfTime125

Reaction score
Nope nope nope.
I'm going to stick with my Wii U, whether or not the media likes it! :)
I dun' need dat fancy 500gb or next-gen crap.
Cause, I got my Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Smash Bros, etc and I'm good! ^_^

• Agree
Reactions: Pikmon2 and Duffie

Araidian

The Lucario
Reaction score
But guys, PC gaming will always be light years ahead of consoles.
Except for the Wii-U.
Dat' shit can't be done on no desktop.
But if I had to pick, I love the PS4. I just hope I really don't have to pay additional fees for online gaming.
I'd really only buy it for Kingdom Hearts 3 because it's about time dat' shit stopped console hopping.

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
But guys, PC gaming will always be light years ahead of consoles.
Except for the Wii-U.
Dat' shit can't be done on no desktop.
But if I had to pick, I love the PS4. I just hope I really don't have to pay additional fees for online gaming.
I'd really only buy it for Kingdom Hearts 3 because it's about time dat' shit stopped console hopping.
Yeah, while PC gaming is ahead in graphics and such, there's one thing that absolutely doesn't come close to consoles: local multiplayer.

I love playing with three of my friends in the same room, talking trash. :p