Values

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
Anyways let's get back onto the thread with Values. I think Maybe we can do it like money aka like this:
Wood- 1
cobblestone- 3
iron- 8
gold- 15
diamond- 30
obsidian- 100

Something like that not saying its HOW I want it but its an example I think we can use as money type things if we wanted to do it like that instead of doing a bartering system
Considering obsidian is an infinite resource, I disapprove of it being valued 100. 10, at best.
Iron should also be valued more than gold.
I would like to suggest slimeballs being of considerable value, as well as actual stone.

• Agree
Reactions: DarthLego5679

balloon98

The balloon that never pops
Reaction score
Well as I said that's just to show how I would like it to be in that type of way. As for ores they are very rare on this server so I am not sure if they should be high priced and I see your point on the obsidian it is infinite

VeryHighUp

Reaction score
Could there possibly be a base item that we can compare other items to and set up the values
For example if gold ingots are a base item

1 diamond=10 gold ingots
1 redstone=2 gold ingots
1 iron ingot would be 1 gold ingot or so
then 5 redstone would be worth 1 diamond, 10 iron ingots would be worth 1 diamond and 2 iron ingots would be worth 1 redstone.
(prices are not accurate, this is just an example)

Zepharn

Reaction score
Considering obsidian is an infinite resource, I disapprove of it being valued 100. 10, at best.
Iron should also be valued more than gold.
I would like to suggest slimeballs being of considerable value, as well as actual stone.

Obsidian isn't an infinite resource. (Is it? .-.) Just much more common* than diamonds, I think.

Anyways, great value-list, I hope people will take a look at it (A big thank you).

But shouldn't records, which are not very common/that easy to get, have a slightly higher value?

(Edit: and records are also pretty cool...)

*(easier to get, if you have diamonds (you need diamonds for it, therefore should diamonds have a higher value))

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
Records are infinite. I'll up their price though. Or you can.

Obsidian is infinite through use of nether portals. Plus due to it's one-time use [pretty much] it doesn't deserve to be so highly valued.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Obsidian is much too easy to get. Several ways to get it. Nether portals, lava in nether, the redstone to obsidian glitch, etc. And barely anyone uses it for aesthetic purposes unless it's just a few blocks.

Zepharn

Reaction score
Obsidian is much too easy to get. Several ways to get it. Nether portals, lava in nether, the redstone to obsidian glitch, etc. And barely anyone uses it for aesthetic purposes unless it's just a few blocks.
So we're all on the same side then ^^

~But, what redstone to obsidian glitch? (I could also google it .-. )

And how to you get obsidian in the nether? Is there another way too but with water?

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
So we're all on the same side then ^^

~But, what redstone to obsidian glitch? (I could also google it .-. )

And how to you get obsidian in the nether? Is there another way too but with water?
The redstone to obsidian is a process where you can turn redstone into obsidian (in the title). Kinda hard to explain. YouTube it.

Bring buckets to Nether.

Zepharn

Reaction score
But I thought water vaporizes when you try to drop it in the nether (?)

Edit: Too off-topic, I'm sorry. :(

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
Bring lava from Nether to Overworld.

Anyways, anyone know how to embed the worksheet into a post?
I remember doing it back in Primordia times. Let me see if I can find out again.

Edit: Add [-web=(url without http-://)][-/web] Take off the -, as well.
[web=docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApWFVYTA43JXdG5qTlA5X2hrdzdxallNT2xJZlItQmc#gid=0][/web]

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Hi there guys, with the next update, the promise of editable books has finally come to light! But what can we do with these books? How can we use them as a standardised economy? I have a plan, regarding these books. I'm in the midst of setting up a large warehouse filled with chests of ink, feathers, and books, in the hope of creating some form of currency.

How would it work? Simple! In the same way that bank notes represent money in the modern world, books would show value. A server-wide chancellor would have to write a bunch of bank notes (ranging from 1 Topian value to 200 Topian value), ensuring only he wrote and signed the books. This would deal with the issue of forgery. He would then be able to distribute it to players through time, generating an economy. Over time, as the book note supply gets drained through loss or hoarding, more notes would be released, meaning more money to go around, but all blocks would go up in value over time, due to inflation. I'm already assembling a chicken farm, a squid farm and a reed farm to support this. Who's with me?

perseusss

Reaction score
Roobarb pie. You also need a cow farm for leather.
And wouldnt it be easy for someone to copy those?