Values

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
With the coming of the new server, comes an economy system that many of use won't used to. That is, an economy without an official currency via plug-in. So, I am creating this thread to help determine the values of items to people at the current moment, whether that be that 10 gold ingots are worth 1 diamond or that 1 gold ingot is worth 5 stacks of logs. The economy will regulate itself, and this will be its reference guide.
[web=docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApWFVYTA43JXdG5qTlA5X2hrdzdxallNT2xJZlItQmc#gid=0][/web]

Kloud_Strife

TNT Drama Queen
Reaction score
Feel like this is a good idea, though it seems like the economy would be constantly in flux, causing this to have to be updated a lot.

Kloud_Strife

TNT Drama Queen
Reaction score
The question is, would the bank be run by a group of people, or just one? I feel like one person sitting on all those items might lead to some trouble.

rosekill

Reaction score
well after a while the item prices will go down because the demand going down because people are getting them on hteir own then when they sell the item then the supply will go up and the demand will be met hance lowering the price.

rosekill

Reaction score
yeah but there should be intrest and mailing so we can send goods and if we store items for a certain amount of time the price to get it back is much higher.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
well after a while the item prices will go down because the demand going down because people are getting them on hteir own then when they sell the item then the supply will go up and the demand will be met hance lowering the price.
People want stuff.
People buy stuff.
People use stuff.
People want that stuff again.
Demand rarely changes in a game like Minecraft.

Also, guiz.
5IronIngots = 1Diamond?
How many Iron ingots can you mine in one vein? 3-6. One vein and you have a diamond?
*Bewildered*

Kuyajer

Tyoping Legned
Reaction score
From the minecraft wiki:
  • Diamond ore occurs in roughly 0.1276% of stone from levels 2-18.
  • There is an average of 3.097 diamond ore perchunk.
  • There is 1 vein of Diamond Ore per chunk.
So taking in count that a chunk is 16x16 x 16( 16 height because diamonds are only found below 16) then I'd say roughly 3-6 stacks per diamond of cobble. Wood is easy to get, 2 - 5 stacks. Everything else I'd just barter on.

Awwwyea

Ghast Hunter
Reaction score
I think that the point of having no base currency is that deals and barters are completely random on the face of it all, rather than setting up a whole system for this and that.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
I think that the point of having no base currency is that deals and barters are completely random on the face of it all, rather than setting up a whole system for this and that.
Whether players use it is their choice. But, after a while, we'll have a regular trade range at which people usually barter within.