The United Coalition of Nations

hpesoj8

Reaction score
Read the posts, Y coords, not 50 blocks deep.
Oh derp, thanks. That would have been kinda bad. But wait, I thought they were talking about how many blocks below the street to make the limit of basements be, and just used a Y coord as an example.

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
The street for old ucon was set at 63 since that is water level but depends on our next area it could be just a couple higher depending on the area. Thinking about it now we might want it at 66 so the ocean district can make high piers above the water without us requiring to climb ladders or stairs up onto the pier.

• Agree
Reactions: Defiant_Blob

rosekill

Reaction score
The street for old ucon was set at 63 since that is water level but depends on our next area it could be just a couple higher depending on the area. Thinking about it now we might want it at 66 so the ocean district can make high piers above the water without us requiring to climb ladders or stairs up onto the pier.
ive already taken that into account

chris360kss

Titless
Reaction score
So, I was planning the layout for the Skyland district of UCON.

^amazing doodle is amazing^
EDIT: does it look like a doughnut with sprinkles to anyone else?

the plan is to have a central island above the middle of UCON with a nether portal on it. This would then have four bridges leading off it (in N,E,S and W directions). These would then join to the large bridge that is directly above the outer walls and circles around all of the city (bridge supported by balloons). smaller islands and balloons where people would live or farm or whatever would be scattered around randomly and be connected either by smaller bridge or nether portal.

K1ngHoward there is a problem with building large structures above the city, shadows. Any idea of how to fix that?

• Agree
Reactions: rosekill

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
So, I was planning the layout for the Skyland district of UCON.

^amazing doodle is amazing^
EDIT: does it look like a doughnut with sprinkles to anyone else?

the plan is to have a central island above the middle of UCON with a nether portal on it. This would then have four bridges leading off it (in N,E,S and W directions). These would then join to the large bridge that is directly above the outer walls and circles around all of the city (bridge supported by balloons). smaller islands and balloons where people would live or farm or whatever would be scattered around randomly and be connected either by smaller bridge or nether portal.

K1ngHoward there is a problem with building large structures above the city, shadows. Any idea of how to fix that?
We could attach the main bridges to the central tower since i am making the design for the central tower in BuildBox (my cubicle) We could have the bridges leading out from the floor above the garden since then the shadows will be cast down upon the main roads. I think that at the floor above the garden the height is 105 i believe need to check that though.

DSiGameMaster

Reaction score
I will be at ucon. However, ocne again i'm on the other side of the map.

So until I can get a esscort, or a netherportal up I will not be at the ucon base.

Unless I somhow get bored and decide to do a mad-dash.

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
I'm going to say that UCON really won't begin until we finish terra-forming the area, and it is a large area, so we will need lots of hands to dig this out.
So I'm going to ask that whenever your on, please try and terra-form for a bit, it'll be greatly appreciated and very much needed.
I've begun digging out a large portion directly behind the storage, so try starting there if you want to dig.
I suggest using stone tools, or any level 30 enchanted picks/shovels, as those do wonders.
Also: The street level is at 66, so dig at that level.

I know the server just re-opened, but building such a large and in the future: amazing city has its burdens, and so please spend a bit of your time terra-forming the area.

Thanks!
-JKangaroo: Self-Nominated Head Digger.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
UCON has 3 sister clans:
  • Esper - the PvP aspect. Headquarters: Knight's castle and Parygona
  • ShiZ - the peaceful aspect. Headquarters: Shizuka
  • Zombe - the middle aspect. Headquarters: The Underground
These clans will help serve those that do not wish to be in a clan as large as UCON.

hpesoj8

Reaction score
UCON has 3 sister clans:
  • Esper - the PvP aspect. Headquarters: Knight's castle and Parygona
  • ShiZ - the peaceful aspect. Headquarters: Shizuka
  • Zombe - the middle aspect. Headquarters: The Underground
These clans will help serve those that do not wish to be in a clan as large as UCON.
The "middle" aspect. I LOVE IT!

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
The storage facility had two floors that were being unused so i have turned the top floor into a wheat and melon field so if you are hungry go collect some wheat. The yield is about 3 stacks of bread. The second floor shall be turned into a cobble generator room and exotic plant room. We shall have cocoa and netherwart growing in there to have easier access. The second floor will have two cobble generator, of my design able to keep up with a diamond pickaxe.
The storage area of the floor has been organized completely and still requires some chests to fill the last remaining slots. The amount of personal storage chests you can own in the storage area is 3 and only the two outer aisles contain the personal storage chests. The middle aisle contains all of our materials and items for the clan itself and every other aisle is for cobble and dirt.