The Economy of Madness - Game Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Here is how my nights went, to clear things up.

Start of game: My action costs 20 coins, and I start at 50. That's two actions, with 10 coins left over.

N1: Notme's death gave me tens coins, bringing me to 60. Not taking into account the economy, That is exactly 3 actions with no coins left over. Economy is at actions cost -3, so using my actions (for which I was blocked) cost me 17 coins.
60-17=43.

N2: Economy is now at actions cost -6. That means my action costs 14 coins. I used my action again, bringing me to 29. Without notme's 10 coins, I would be at 19, which is not necessarily enough for an action, considering the cost of 20 coins. I think I maybe realize what you are saying now, but frankly im still not sure.

N3: I used my action again, and since economy was still at actions cost -6, I should have 15 coins rn.

it's fine, ive messed up basic math all the time in my calculus classes. (you have to add the third 6 (3+6+6) in because the hypothetical third action isn't at a cost of 20)
The "its fine bit" strikes me as kinda condescending, but you are right I forgot to take into account the hypothetical third action is not neccesarily 20 coins.

So maybe I do have an action left. (stay tuned im waiting on host confirmation)

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
honestly the only people i'm more or less sure are town are weak and fantome

aqua, omni and inf get honourable mentions because i'm kinda townreading aqua and omni, and don't want to kill inf purely because of his cop claim (but i do get scum vibes from inf and his claim is massively convenient in terms of not getting him lynched but also not having to reveal anything)

everyone else i have no fucking clue on, except for maybe mario who i'm pretty sure is scum

mariosatr

Imperator Romanus Sacer
Reaction score
as in 75% correct letters? do they need to be in the correct spot? do spaces count?
if I understand correctly, yeah it's 75% correct letters, they need to be in correct order but not in the correct spot
for example with "Inspector Gadget", as far as I'm aware "Cop Gadget" would be 6/14 (~43%) correct even though technically "Gadget" isn't in the right space

Also inffy you realize Mario has basically a direct counter to your claim right?
inffy's only able to use his ability at one half of the scale, i'm only able to use mine if I have a ton of info already (sometimes the role names are telling too), it doesn't seem too out of order to me
i was thinking about this aswell

ascetic only blocks actions that don't steal coins, what is he so afraid of thats worth using 50 coins for
ah fuck I thought it blocked all night actions including coin stealing ones, genuine mistake

PokeSvorlds

Reaction score
The "its fine bit" strikes me as kinda condescending, but you are right I forgot to take into account the hypothetical third action is not neccesarily 20 coins.

it was a bit condescending yes, but it was mostly a joke response to your statement about college math, since that was a little bit condescending to me. i hadn't even realized the math gave you a fourth action tbh, which is cool

completely and utter sidenote but ive forgotten to mention this like 4 times now: Does anyone know why the EPS went down yesterday? It was at 5 after stranger died at the start of the day and 3 after dess died at the end of day, but there was no trait of "-2 upon death". So either this is a host error or someone made the scale change by -2 during the day.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Here is how my nights went, to clear things up.

Start of game: My action costs 20 coins, and I start at 50. That's two actions, with 10 coins left over.

N1: Notme's death gave me tens coins, bringing me to 60. Not taking into account the economy, That is exactly 3 actions with no coins left over. Economy is at actions cost -3, so using my actions (for which I was blocked) cost me 17 coins.
60-17=43.

N2: Economy is now at actions cost -6. That means my action costs 14 coins. I used my action again, bringing me to 29. Without notme's 10 coins, I would be at 19, which is not necessarily enough for an action, considering the cost of 20 coins. I think I maybe realize what you are saying now, but frankly im still not sure.

N3: I used my action again, and since economy was still at actions cost -6, I should have 15 coins rn.

uh

yeah i'm pretty sure that's exactly how the scale works

also the hosts can't confirm shit because it's possible there are people whose deaths bump the economic scale up and if one of them gets lynched today, you'd not have enough for the action

i should mention that i have enough coins for a kill only if the scale stays where it is now

if the action cost gets higher, i'm not going to be able to use my action during the night

PokeSvorlds

Reaction score
ah fuck I thought it blocked all night actions including coin stealing ones, genuine mistake
Traits
Lazy Ascetic - As long as you do not use an action during the night, you preemptively and reflexively roleblock all night actions performed on you, except for actions that involve you losing coins.
this is almost as hard to believe as everything related to ender's night actions that he has said since the trait/ability is going to literally spell it out for you.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
I've been expecting a town RID role since Alisha wanted to change things up from her past games
If this actually turns out to be true then that way of thinking blatantly ruins mafia games. Please don't do it in future.

I have mixed feelings towards Mario's claim, although it fits the set up well and explains why he had not wanted to claim.

However both the cost of his action and the fact he claimed he targeted Mul n1, which based on his posts day 0 seems to be at complete random I'm kinda skeptical.

PokeSvorlds

Reaction score
sceptical*

Also Mischief have you claimed? I thought you had but I'm struggling to find it
Really? I would have said it could have been pushed either way with kropp or someone else, dess was lynched imo mostly because of the no result. Or at least that's why I lynched them, I was still sort of on the edge because *maybe* there was 2 guards but then the fact they could not be found pushed it over. Isn't looking at suspicious people what you are supposed to do?

My english is fine. Lynch him for pressure, we don't have to vote him just force him to claim

I have been targetted enough so I'm pretty sure it's useless already, people have already guessed my role.

I have "protect" basically protect someone (it has a secondary gimmick that changes its costs so it is getting a bit expensive for me to use). I do not give up my own coins like a guard. I have a self targetting trait so I will probably be using protect on myself tonight. I was acting "weaker" to avoid having to protect myself (though that didn't really work out) also later when people were like "too many protecting roles lynch some of them" I was like "okay... maybe not today". Also have been dropping a lot of hints before which I can bring up if people don't believe my claim.

Secondary ability is still -1 scale

• Thank You
Reactions: Aqua

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
also the hosts can't confirm shit because it's possible there are people whose deaths bump the economic scale up and if one of them gets lynched today, you'd not have enough for the action
That's not what I'm waiting on. I don't want to say further b/c idk if this counts as pm mechanics.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Why didn't you promise to? We wanted you to, if you had it would be a confirmed non-townie down and would make ur claim far more believable depending on the result
because it would be wasting an opportunity to kill actually malicious scum in favour of making myself more believable

one of those has the potential to help the town as a whole, the other has the potential to help me, mostly

it's really not that difficult to see why i made that choice if you consider the fact that i'm town

of course, you can't consider it yet because you don't know for sure and are already convinced that i'm not, so i want you to look back on this post when i'm dead and say "huh, he was actually telling the truth", then continue to tell me i'm a moron because i know you'll do that whatever happens next

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
I have "protect" basically protect someone (it has a secondary gimmick that changes its costs so it is getting a bit expensive for me to use). I do not give up my own coins like a guard. I have a self targetting trait so I will probably be using protect on myself tonight. I was acting "weaker" to avoid having to protect myself (though that didn't really work out) also later when people were like "too many protecting roles lynch some of them" I was like "okay... maybe not today". Also have been dropping a lot of hints before which I can bring up if people don't believe my claim.
Danke Poke

This seems fairly unbelievable in a game with a jailer and a bodyguard, obviously with the addition of money giving it limited uses it becomes fairly more plausible but having 3 protect roles in 1 game seems way too strong for town.

Mischief what traits do you have?

• Agree
Reactions: Enderfive

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
one of those has the potential to help the town as a whole, the other has the potential to help me, mostly
Killing krop helps town whether he's lying or telling the truth

Identifying you as not lying about being a vig and making it more believable that you're a townie vig based on the krop results helps both of us hugely.

this seems bs to me,

you knew town would go for you if you didn't kill krop, yet you didn't anyway, if you are town then you've basically caused us to waste a lynch and lose a (very useful) townie.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
oh i thought this was funny cause it makes your role claim sound 60% more likely to be a fake claim
Actually look back it's not the same, the role was:

[BCOLOR=#ffcc00]Josh the Intern[/BCOLOR]
Chooses a person every night if that person is fired in the morning the intern assumes their role, alignment and their nightchat if it exists.
They're not as similar as I remember, I had thought the intern could only assume town roles but it was either/or
mbmb

Status
Not open for further replies.