The Chronicles of Mafia - GAME OVER - MASONS WIN

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
How can you say unu is acting suspicious but then say I have tunnel visioned unu for no motive? My motive is that he is acting suspicious.
Uhhhhhh looking back I guess I over estimated/imagined how hard you were pressuring unu, pushing someone too hard to look for weakness isn't really a townsided move IMO if you don't have good evidence as under pressure anyone can slip up and look scummy town or mafia, I've received it and messed up as both a townie and scum.

But yeah like I say you weren't really drilling him as much as I remembered so under the slight amount of pressure his reactions do seem more scummy. I'll switch to unu for now tho I still believe his lie isn't reason to suspect him as reaction baiting is a perfectly sound strategy.

unvote
vote uwu unu

G

Guest35486

Also for the message part: I don't really get why people are discussing so much about it, pretty obvious it's a player who sent the messages.

Unvote
maybe for the first one but how are you so certain?

alternatively, maybe the messages can be prompted by players but they don't get to choose what the message says kind of thing?

Reactions: Nottykitten

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
oogs wall of text sums up anything i had to say n more. while this game having a shitty role like fool wouldn't surprise me, i don't really think that's what's happening here

vote unu

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Also for the message part: I don't really get why people are discussing so much about it, pretty obvious it's a player who sent the messages.
well no it's not obvious cause it's a closed setup :thinking:

why would a player have the ability to send multiple messages to whomever they want and what use would that have. i don't even know what normal roles target that many people so it's not unlikely to be flavour

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Guess what time it is...

Daily Summary 30/06/18
Due to popular demand, by that I mean nobody actually rating the post negatively this is going to stay a feature.

Pages 4-6

- Players continue discussion regarding messages
- Players begin to reveal suspicions
- Further discussion regarding the art
Votecount
Inffy - HKCaper, erik5456, Roobarb Pie (3/13)
HKCaper - Unusual_dood (1/13)
CRUSTY ALIEN - Comp (1/13)
Unusual_Dood - Sploorky, Ooglie101, Aqua, Jivvi (4/13)
No Lynch - Hipman500 (1/13)​

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
well no it's not obvious cause it's a closed setup :thinking:

why would a player have the ability to send multiple messages to whomever they want and what use would that have. i don't even know what normal roles target that many people so it's not unlikely to be flavour
I mean mostly my reasoning that it is a message from another player is because 1. The message starts with
You received a message
2. The message contains a spelling error that Ooglie pointed out earlier, I think it is very unlikely that out beloved hosts would have a spelling mistake

• Disagree
Reactions: Jivvi and Aqua

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
I mean mostly my reasoning that it is a message from another player is because 1. The message starts with
You received a message
2. The message contains a spelling error that Ooglie pointed out earlier, I think it is very unlikely that out beloved hosts would have a spelling mistake
Idk the thread started pretty soon after the role pms were sent out. It's not impossible whoever sent out the message was quick to respond to his pm but it is unlikely and I doubt fog would keep the game waiting on this one guy to send some seemingly unimportant message to apparently everyone.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
^started an hour and 20 mins after my role pm convo was started (idk whether this is pm/forum mechanics but this isn't targeting a player so it should be fine smd if I'm wrong).

erik5456

Reaction score
1. My boi is in the picture. They're not numbered though in what notty posted. You're definitely missing a few people in that frame.
2. Against day 0 lynch. Honestly all the day 0's I've participated in go the exact same way every single time. People argue and talk about what to do. Someone says something minorly suspicious. And then it becomes this long back and forth and who to lynch, and how one person is scummy/innocent before finally ending up in a no lynch anyways with some slight reads and maybe a little more information about the game being revealed. Also statistically speaking, a lynch day 0 is more dangerous for town than not. There's 21?22? players meaning town is probably around 14, mafia around 5, and remaining are 3p (these are approximates boot claiming I know the set up xd). We'll probably end up killing a townie over scum.

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
A shiver goes down your spine. You feel someone's presense near you. As you turn around a new painting has appeared. It appears to be some strange piece of art.

But what does it mean?
Can confirm I'm here. The weird shape might be a person doing a backbend??? could also be something else though so who knows

yeah, I don't like the thought of a day 0 lynch. like erik said, chances are way too high that we'd hit town.

Sploorky

Reaction score
Also statistically speaking, a lynch day 0 is more dangerous for town than not. There's 21?22? players meaning town is probably around 14, mafia around 5, and remaining are 3p (these are approximates boot claiming I know the set up xd). We'll probably end up killing a townie over scum.
It's a little more in-depth than pure statistics, the link posted below has some good back and forth on if no-lynching is the correct play or not

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21947

Because it's a closed setup game, we don't really know what we're up against, but I would rather do something today so that way tomorrow we have something to go off of. I'm pretty confident that if we just no lynch today we're not going to have any better information tomorrow

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Also statistically speaking, a lynch day 0 is more dangerous for town than not. There's 21?22? players meaning town is probably around 14, mafia around 5, and remaining are 3p (these are approximates boot claiming I know the set up xd). We'll probably end up killing a townie over scum
this is such bullshit and this argument and any variations thereof have long been countered so i'm baffled people still think this is a legitimate point to make

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Idk the thread started pretty soon after the role pms were sent out. It's not impossible whoever sent out the message was quick to respond to his pm but it is unlikely and I doubt fog would keep the game waiting on this one guy to send some seemingly unimportant message to apparently everyone.
The first message had 18 words in it, for me it took 20 minutes from when I received my role to I received my message. I don't know how fast you type but to type 18 words in 20 minutes shouldn't be hard, espiecally for nerds like notty

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
The first message had 18 words in it, for me it took 20 minutes from when I received my role to I received my message. I don't know how fast you type but to type 18 words in 20 minutes shouldn't be hard, espiecally for nerds like notty
that implies your on your computer/forums at the time of getting the pm. Also like I say for all foggy could know it could take 24 hours for said role to use their ability during which he'd be harassed by us for not starting. I jsut don't see it happening, you don't tend to have pregame pr roles.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
that implies your on your computer/forums at the time of getting the pm. Also like I say for all foggy could know it could take 24 hours for said role to use their ability during which he'd be harassed by us for not starting. I jsut don't see it happening, you don't tend to have pregame pr roles.
I mean Fog is hosting, while it might be weird, I’m not going to say that anything is impossible.

What I found weird is the wording of the PMs. They are both written professionally, with a specific mood, if you get me.

I don’t think a player would write like that, I think these messages are written by the hosts.

I would howeve expect these messages to be caused by PM actions of players.