The Chronicles of Mafia - GAME OVER - MASONS WIN

Sploorky

Reaction score
Eh I don't think there would be a third party role with a game ending win condition without prior warning. If that happened in a previous mafia game here though let me know cause I haven't kept up with forum mafia for a few years

Sploorky

Reaction score
I think we should lynch unu, he's acting weird and his list of suspicious people doesn't make a lot of sense, freaky has said nothing to warrant suspicion and the only thing I've done is be aggressive towards unu, and if I was mafia I can assure you I would not be day zero trying to get someone lynched.

If we lose day 0 to a jester then we lose day 0 to a jester, can't really be too afraid of that.

vote unusual_dood

• Agree
Reactions: Nottykitten

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
I think we should lynch unu, he's acting weird and his list of suspicious people doesn't make a lot of sense, freaky has said nothing to warrant suspicion and the only thing I've done is be aggressive towards unu, and if I was mafia I can assure you I would not be day zero trying to get someone lynched.

If we lose day 0 to a jester then we lose day 0 to a jester, can't really be too afraid of that.

vote unusual_dood
You seem waaaaaaay too eager to lynch unu my dude.

Not sure what to make of it as I don't know why you'd target him specifically unless your poker face is really bad.

• Agree
Reactions: TheWeakGuy48_
G

Guest35486

Eh I don't think there would be a third party role with a game ending win condition without prior warning. If that happened in a previous mafia game here though let me know cause I haven't kept up with forum mafia for a few years
the 3p could just win and leave the game while everyone else plays until mafia, town, or someone like a sk wins the game

Rune

Resident Roadman | Deception Lead
Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Man, the thread wasn't watched so i missed a couple of messages.

Anyways, i'm interested in these messages that people are talking about. For example, it could most likely be a third party either causing confusion or a serial killer like role which will pick someone from that group who got the messages. Is there anyone else who received the messages (i got them too) and is there anything we should do about it. Anyways, that's all I got which interested me from d0.

Sploorky

Reaction score
You seem waaaaaaay too eager to lynch unu my dude.

Not sure what to make of it as I don't know why you'd target him specifically unless your poker face is really bad.
I'm not a very passive player (you can see this in the last two mafia games I've played). There's merit to a day 0 lynch, unu is as fine a choice as any, and his actions so far have made him more suspicious to me than anybody else in the game.

If I'm right, awesome! If I'm wrong, shit I had a hand in killing a townie but at least there's something for the town to go off of(voting patterns, people's tendency to bandwagon, etc).

I kind of hate metagaming but for what it's worth I am a much more aggressive player when I am townsided vs when I am mafia. Look at the difference between how I played in your game vs how I played in Republic.

sure why not

vote unusual_dood
What are your reasons behind your vote? Do you just agree with everything I said, is it something else, etc etc

the 3p could just win and leave the game while everyone else plays until mafia, town, or someone like a sk wins the game
I mean yeah that is true but mechanically I just think that's kind of stupid. Who cares if the third party wins then if the game just goes on like nothing happened? What disadvantage to the town does that bring to lynch somebody who is actively not helping them and has their own agenda? Mechanically it just doesn't work

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Anyways, i'm interested in these messages that people are talking about. For example, it could most likely be a third party either causing confusion or a serial killer like role which will pick someone from that group who got the messages. Is there anyone else who received the messages (i got them too) and is there anything we should do about it. Anyways, that's all I got which interested me from d0.
It's unlikely anyone has actively sent out these messages because it's day 0. We received them prior to the game starting so it couldn't have been a day action and as there has been no night it also could not have been a night action. It's likely just flavour text as I'm pretty confident no player in the game sent out the message (choosing who to target/what the message says etc.).

• Haha

Sploorky

Reaction score
It's unlikely anyone has actively sent out these messages because it's day 0. We received them prior to the game starting so it couldn't have been a day action and as there has been no night it also could not have been a night action. It's likely just flavour text as I'm pretty confident no player in the game sent out the message (choosing who to target/what the message says etc.).
I agree the first post is flavor text but the second PM getting sent to only specific people has to mean something

• Disagree

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
What are your reasons behind your vote? Do you just agree with everything I said, is it something else, etc etc
guess i'll just talk about the whole message thing

i don't see why we'd each be sent an individual PM given the same message rather than it being posted on the thread unless there were specific people who hadn't gotten it (probs mafia? who knows)

in this situation people who hadn't gotten it had the choice to say they did get it (to look inno) or that they didn't get it ('why would someone admit to not getting the message when it casts themselves in so much suspicion, they must be inno!' argument)

as someone who did get the message, you have the choice to admit you did get it (ez pz), or not say anything (wow thats what i did) or say you didn't get it in the hopes of baiting out the suspected mafia team who hadn't gotten the message since they'd know for a fact that a non-mafia person had not gotten the message (assuming they know their mafia team already). by lying and saying you didn't get the message to try and bait people, you would ideally do that when there were a large number of people who hadn't confirmed they got the message (before it becomes clear to the mafia that every town player supposedly got one) HOWEVER in unu's case he throws himself out there when there were like 4? people who had not responded to the whole message thing yet and i think everyone should know that a mafia team wont consist of 4 players in a game of this size atleast

i get what unu was going for if he is town (since i was also going for it, just not so out there-ish) but the timing of it makes no sense to me

if unu is mafia i think his optimal play would have been sticking with saying he didnt get the message since flip flopping casts too much suspicion on you (wow look what happened) so you could easily still apply the previous argument of 'why would someone lie about lying it casts themselves in so much suspicion!' but then we'd be stuck here forever

his reads dont make all that much sense (but he hasnt explained them yet and id really be satisfied by any reasoning) and makes it seem like he was reaching for things to try and make himself look inno

+ i'd prefer a d0 lynch to know what's going on in this game (what sort of roles there are since in my head, given the flavour text on the signup thread, this game was gonna be a mess of roles from previous games thrown together BUT my role doesnt indicate that)

i also thought unu might be a fool (i can also see foggy putting a fool in the game) but oh well

Rune

Resident Roadman | Deception Lead
Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
guess i'll just talk about the whole message thing

i don't see why we'd each be sent an individual PM given the same message rather than it being posted on the thread unless there were specific people who hadn't gotten it (probs mafia? who knows)

in this situation people who hadn't gotten it had the choice to say they did get it (to look inno) or that they didn't get it ('why would someone admit to not getting the message when it casts themselves in so much suspicion, they must be inno!' argument)

as someone who did get the message, you have the choice to admit you did get it (ez pz), or not say anything (wow thats what i did) or say you didn't get it in the hopes of baiting out the suspected mafia team who hadn't gotten the message since they'd know for a fact that a non-mafia person had not gotten the message (assuming they know their mafia team already). by lying and saying you didn't get the message to try and bait people, you would ideally do that when there were a large number of people who hadn't confirmed they got the message (before it becomes clear to the mafia that every town player supposedly got one) HOWEVER in unu's case he throws himself out there when there were like 4? people who had not responded to the whole message thing yet and i think everyone should know that a mafia team wont consist of 4 players in a game of this size atleast

i get what unu was going for if he is town (since i was also going for it, just not so out there-ish) but the timing of it makes no sense to me

if unu is mafia i think his optimal play would have been sticking with saying he didnt get the message since flip flopping casts too much suspicion on you (wow look what happened) so you could easily still apply the previous argument of 'why would someone lie about lying it casts themselves in so much suspicion!' but then we'd be stuck here forever

his reads dont make all that much sense (but he hasnt explained them yet and id really be satisfied by any reasoning) and makes it seem like he was reaching for things to try and make himself look inno

+ i'd prefer a d0 lynch to know what's going on in this game (what sort of roles there are since in my head, given the flavour text on the signup thread, this game was gonna be a mess of roles from previous games thrown together BUT my role doesnt indicate that)

i also thought unu might be a fool (i can also see foggy putting a fool in the game) but oh well
Yeah I can see that, the second message is most likely what the 3p/mafia has picked. If that's the case, I wonder if there's a set limit that he can pick to send the messages to; maybe we should try to figure out the limit?

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
It would be insane to send out a message to everyone other than mafia in a closed set up. The only use would be to potentially trip a few mafia up into claiming they didn't receive it unknowing that only mafia did not.

It would basically be the host shooting the mafia in the foot for no reason, which I don't think foggy is stupid enough to do.

Aqua if you signify what parts of my post was confusing I'd be glad to retype and explain them
I'm not a very passive player
you are tho lmao, most games you're in I forget about you because you rarely post or enter the spotlight.

ANYWAY

I mean I am definitely apu in favour of a day 0 lynch in a closed set up, and I do have suspicion on unu (not from the not recieving a message I think that's a really dumb reason to lynch someone.) but from his "who I find suspicious post".

That sort of listing people who he doesn't trust especially this early on always reads scummy to me plus the way he worded it (idk vibes I guess) doesn't help his cause.

I would be more in favour of a sploorky lynch as he has done nothing this game but tunnel vision unu right from the start with no real motive. That reads to me as some sort of a targeting 3p role (which doesn't make much sense as he doesn't know unu's role and normally it would be target these roles rather than players.) or mafia with a shitty poker face. It doesn't read town at all.

so uhhhh

unvote
vote sploorky

• Agree

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I don't really have time to write stuff right so I'll keep it short. I think we are reading too much into Unu, I mean like every freaking game he does some really stupid shit and his behavior definetely isn't unusual(haha) for him. I scum read Sploorky right now, but I think it is too early to lynch someone as of right now.

Sploorky

Reaction score
you are tho lmao, most games you're in I forget about you because you rarely post or enter the spotlight.
I very much disagree with this, maybe compared to people like inf or notty I am not in the spotlight but I always post frequently and consider myself a constantly active player

I would be more in favour of a sploorky lynch as he has done nothing this game but tunnel vision unu right from the start with no real motive. That reads to me as some sort of a targeting 3p role (which doesn't make much sense as he doesn't know unu's role and normally it would be target these roles rather than players.) or mafia with a shitty poker face. It doesn't read town at all.
How can you say unu is acting suspicious but then say I have tunnel visioned unu for no motive? My motive is that he is acting suspicious.

It's day 0 and we don't have much to go on. I know I want to lynch somebody today though

In my eyes, my options to lynch are:

unu, who has flip flopped, lied, and made himself seem suspicious
one of the people who has received the second PM, because that might mean something

I would rather lynch unu than one of the people who has received the second PM.

Like you said, it doesn't make a lot of sense for me to be a 3p targeting role who has to gun for unu, so the vote on me is just hinging on the assumption that I'm a shitty mafia player? That's a big stretch

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
How can you say unu is acting suspicious but then say I have tunnel visioned unu for no motive? My motive is that he is acting suspicious.
Uhhhhhh looking back I guess I over estimated/imagined how hard you were pressuring unu, pushing someone too hard to look for weakness isn't really a townsided move IMO if you don't have good evidence as under pressure anyone can slip up and look scummy town or mafia, I've recieved it and messed up as both a townie and scum.

But yeah like I say you weren't really drilling him as much as I remembered so under the slight amount of pressure his reactions do seem more scummy. I'll switch to unu for now tho I still believe his lie isn't reason to suspect him as reaction baiting is a perfectly sound strategy.

unvote
vote uwu unu