The Chronicles of Mafia - GAME OVER - MASONS WIN

G

Guest35486

so i started rereading your posts and
Answering your point, I'm not sure how you complete the task if you did but in your post; you mention all 3 allegiances so I'm a bit confused around that. It could just be the case that because 3p was in my message; he took that as my allegiance but didn't consider that I just didn't do the task
you thought the fence took your answer as the task even though you didn't do it, then were confused about how the fence took mine when i stated alignments right there in the post

then i decided to look at your post again since apparently you don't think explicitly stating it is answering the question (using some inffy tactics to look at all the first capital letters)
Man, the thread wasn't watched so i missed a couple of messages.

Anyways, i'm interested in these messages that people are talking about. For example, it could most likely be a third party either causing confusion or a serial killer like role which will pick someone from that group who got the messages. Is there anyone else who received the messages (i got them too) and is there anything we should do about it. Anyways, that's all I got which interested me from d0.
this can't be a coincidence

vote runemen4

G

Guest35486

What I'm curious about though is that the message some of you received stated that neither weak, rune, nor I completed the task.

I find it awfully suspicious though that Rune would suddenly throw fingers at Arelic stating that she could be mafia with a gun when we literally know nothing about what has happened.

I do also want to ask TheWeakGuy48_ are you sure you did not receive a task? The message other players indicates that you did.
oh i forgot about that part good catch

explain urself

Rune

Resident Roadman | Deception Lead
Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
so i started rereading your posts and

you thought the fence took your answer as the task even though you didn't do it, then were confused about how the fence took mine when i stated alignments right there in the post

then i decided to look at your post again since apparently you don't think explicitly stating it is answering the question (using some inffy tactics to look at all the first capital letters)

this can't be a coincidence

vote runemen4
Yep, I did that because I wanted to test if we all got different tasks or if we got the same. In that situation, in which we got the same or someone's task overrode someone, for example, if your task overrode my own; then because I mention both MAFIA and 3P; and I fail your task; then it means that the only reason why I failed the task was because I didn't mention my alignment; which was town.

G

Guest35486

Yep, I did that because I wanted to test if we all got different tasks or if we got the same. In that situation, in which we got the same or someone's task overrode someone, for example, if your task overrode my own; then because I mention both MAFIA and 3P; and I fail your task; then it means that the only reason why I failed the task was because I didn't mention my alignment; which was town.
that doesn't work because the fence wouldn't know if you're telling the truth or not, they probably just missed your post

G

Guest35486

other than that you've been acting very suspicious and contributing nothing except where you're concerned im not changing my vote

Rune

Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
that doesn't work because the fence wouldn't know if you're telling the truth or not, they probably just missed your post
The fence sets up the task right, then it should know if you're telling the truth or not because how would fail you for the task if it didn't know your alignment in some sort of way?

G

Guest35486

The fence sets up the task right, then it should know if you're telling the truth or not because how would fail you for the task if it didn't know your alignment in some sort of way?
it literally said include it in your post

the fence is a player

if the fence knew every player's alignment then the fence might as well be a cohost

• Agree
Reactions: TheWeakGuy48_

Rune

Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
other than that you've been acting very suspicious and contributing nothing except where you're concerned im not changing my vote
AND you revealed nothing yourself, you're acting as if you're proven because you completed this task that the fence set for you when a) you haven't properly revealed your alignment to us town and b) you're a unconfirmed townie/mafia/3p with a gun?
it literally said include it in your post

the fence is a player

if the fence knew every player's alignment then the fence might as well be a cohost
Through that, it would have accepted me mentioning 3p right if it just asked to mention an alignment.

G

Guest35486

AND you revealed nothing yourself, you're acting as if you're proven because you completed this task that the fence set for you when a) you haven't properly revealed your alignment to us town and b) you're a unconfirmed townie/mafia/3p with a gun?
a) what do you want me to say? i basically said everything i know. i've been very direct with everything that's happened while you kept dodging questions
b) i literally just explained how the gun only lasts one day and it's been confirmed that it works that way
Through that, it would have accepted me mentioning 3p right if it just asked to mention an alignment.
it's not exactly uncommon for players to miss posts

Faliara

Reaction score
my unwellness that i asked inffy to let you guys know about turned to be a sign of... a certain unfortunate biological function that tends to occur in many females every once in a while, one that makes blood a commonplace sight for every bathroom visit we take .-.

so yeah, i’m fine, somewhat. i’ll try to catch up.

Faliara

Reaction score

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
According to erik and 77(who hasn't yet commented) they got the second message but never got the task. So I don't think it's beyond reason that the fence is just not thorough.
Looking back at my PM I have received 2 messages, the second was the why wasnt the gun used, the 3 failed their task message. Cant remember why I voted agree, I may have misread (unless that is the message being talked about).

• Informative
Reactions: Sploorky

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
rune seems pretty scummy but if it occurred to him to put third party in his post and spell out mafia with the capital letters i don't understand why he didn't throw town in there for good measure.

Arelic do you think the fence sent a message to rune saying something along the lines of "spell out your alignment using the first letter of each sentence"?
i was about to propose this, this seems like it'd be exactly what happened

Faliara

Reaction score
On one hand, Arelic pointing out Rune’s post having the first word of each sentence saying ‘mafia’ has my interest.

On the other hand... If Arelic’s task is to reveal her allignment by including it in her post, why would she bother to include all 3 allignments in it? Maybe I’m missing something, I dunno. I’ll look back at it later.

• Agree
Reactions: Jivvi

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
i will say that i'm kind of suspicious of claire too, since she seems to be very on top of this whole fence shebang. i don't really see why a town player wouldn't indicate that they were town instead of throwing in all 3 alignments

plus she jumped on rune's acronym pretty quickly as faliara just mentioned (why is everyone beating me to the punch on original points by 30 seconds rn)

she's also a filthy roleplayer and a decent mafia player, so it makes sense that she'd target rune, twg and dess as they're less experienced and are more likely to believe the message and follow it, giving her their alignment

• Agree
Reactions: Mooglie and Comp
G

Guest35486

Arelic do you think the fence sent a message to rune saying something along the lines of "spell out your alignment using the first letter of each sentence"?
i think it might just be something rune came up with? because he thought of it differently in the quote i mentioned
rune seems pretty scummy but if it occurred to him to put third party in his post and spell out mafia with the capital letters i don't understand why he didn't throw town in there for good measure.

i was about to propose this, this seems like it'd be exactly what happened
imo the content was just because he's replying to sploorky so his post wouldn't be out of place. that was his first post so he just looked at the post above. like legit it was basically the same thing i said i thought it was weird when he first posted
On one hand, Arelic pointing out Rune’s post having the first word of each sentence saying ‘mafia’ has my interest.

On the other hand... If Arelic’s task is to reveal her allignment by including it in her post, why would she bother to include all 3 allignments in it? Maybe I’m missing something, I dunno. I’ll look back at it later.
i wasn't sure what the person has in mind when they want me to reveal my alignment
she's also a filthy roleplayer and a decent mafia player, so it makes sense that she'd target rune, twg and dess as they're less experienced and are more likely to believe the message and follow it, giving her their alignment
flattered but honstly i don't like answering questions when idk the person

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
i don't like answering questions when idk the person
it sounds fair i guess but a mafia already know who is and isn't town, and 3rd parties will probably be looking for mafia at this stage of the game, plus claiming town doesn't really help anyone targeting town PRs, plus you could refer back to it later as a confirmation. idk tho

it's not the most bulletproof argument since we didn't know the game gimmick when you posted iirc

G

Guest35486

it sounds fair i guess but a mafia already know who is and isn't town, and 3rd parties will probably be looking for mafia at this stage of the game, plus claiming town doesn't really help anyone targeting town PRs, plus you could refer back to it later as a confirmation. idk tho

it's not the most bulletproof argument since we didn't know the game gimmick when you posted iirc
yeah i can't prove to you that im town 100% but
if you're saying im the fence here why would i send a message to literally everyone else that i didn't shoot one of the people mentioned then proceed to explain everything

i've been very direct in answering anything that happened and i think my arguments made sense, idk what else you want me to explain

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
if you're saying im the fence here why would i send a message to literally everyone else that i didn't shoot one of the people mentioned then proceed to explain everything
that's true i forgot about the gun thing

plus you're not notty or inf which makes you at least 90% less likely to pull some kind of ridiculous play day 1

• Winner
Reactions: HKCaper and Hunter

Sploorky

Reaction score
I feel like there's a gap of logic here: you're acting as if there is a repercussion to failing the task, which during day 0 was understandable, but in your post you only indirectly mention the word mafia. Wouldn't you be worried that spelling it out wouldn't count as mentioning it? Also, why are you mentioning these roles anyways if your task was to claim a role that wasn't your own?

And why are you testing if you got different tasks? This all happened during day 0. There was no indication that anybody got any tasks. How did you know arelic's task included mentioning her alignment?

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but things don't add up. I'm gonna stick a vote on runeman

vote runeman4

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
Looking back at my PM I have received 2 messages, the second was the why wasnt the gun used, the 3 failed their task message. Cant remember why I voted agree, I may have misread (unless that is the message being talked about).
Wait I have received 3 messages total. It would seem that I actually cant read.

Also there's no way rune's mafia message is a coincidence, the only way i see that he is town is that he was told to write his post exactly like that. But that conflicts with what he said so definitely sus of him.

vote rune

• Haha
Reactions: TheWeakGuy48_