The Chronicles of Mafia - GAME OVER - MASONS WIN

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
I can't post at the moment but yes I did get a task, I was unable to complete it because I had a crazy busy work weekend so I had minimal time to actually post on the forums the most I could do was read it quickly

G

Guest35486

I can't post at the moment but yes I did get a task, I was unable to complete it because I had a crazy busy work weekend so I had minimal time to actually post on the forums the most I could do was read it quickly
but was it the same task

erik5456

Reaction score
Got that message about Arelic not killing someone at the end of day 0 as well. And since this is literally just a ton of mafia history packed into one game, it's good we're connecting the dots. Given there was a line from Tavern Arcana in the setups, I recommend that everyone be very cautious of the D word. I was that tarot card during that game and it was worrisome when Infy mentioned not using that word so I advise staying away from it. We can say people have passed or kicked the bucket or whatever it is but just no use of the D word.

Sploorky

Reaction score
Got that message about Arelic not killing someone at the end of day 0 as well. And since this is literally just a ton of mafia history packed into one game, it's good we're connecting the dots. Given there was a line from Tavern Arcana in the setups, I recommend that everyone be very cautious of the D word. I was that tarot card during that game and it was worrisome when Infy mentioned not using that word so I advise staying away from it. We can say people have passed or kicked the bucket or whatever it is but just no use of the D word.
Did you get a second PM during day 0? If not, why did you rate this post agree?

Sploorky

Reaction score
Got that second one during D0 as well hence the agree rating
the second one being this, correct?

"It's dark. Ominous music starts playing. A creature appears in the middle of the room. Circling around it is the soul of Unusual_Dood. "One... I have to take one... to please my master... this one will suffice today...". A spotlight reveals one player. Arelic. "Why didn't you use the gun... Runemen4, Dess, TheWeakGuy48_ deserved to die... they failed the tasks bestowed upon them...". The creature slowly fades, taking the soul of Unusual_Dood. The spotlight dims. You worry what the night will bring."

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
also did anyone receive this message like day end yesterday

' You received a message:

"It's dark. Ominous music starts playing. A creature appears in the middle of the room. Circling around it is the soul of Unusual_Dood. "One... I have to take one... to please my master... this one will suffice today...". A spotlight reveals one player. Arelic. "Why didn't you use the gun... Runemen4, Dess, TheWeakGuy48_ deserved to die... they failed the tasks bestowed upon them...". The creature slowly fades, taking the soul of Unusual_Dood. The spotlight dims. You worry what the night will bring." '
got this too

Just started reading so dunno if this has already been said but since we "receive this message" but the message reads out like a visual description rather than a message it's pretty clear this is from a player then.

erik5456

Reaction score
Since we're making some connections between games and such, how about talking about what we remember from games? Among all of us I'm sure we've covered all the games included in this setup.

I played in RR, SCP mafia and Tavern Arcana from what seems to be in this game (Also Russian mafia once upon a time and that one game Jivvi had that went to shit unfortunately but didn't see either of those in signup).

RR was open setup and the few interesting/outstanding things I remember from that game are the illusionist who was essentially impervious to any death other than being lynched (I played that role and it was fantastic), quack who could sacrifice themselves for another mafia member and the inclusion of Masons who could essentially flip between mafia and town. Question relating to this:
Is there anyone here who can confirm the existence of Masons in this game?

For SCP mafia, not gonna lie once I won I stopped paying attention. I do however remember the presence of anomalous items in the game that could actually be destroyed as well. I was the serpents hand in that game and had had to be lynched after the anomalous items were destroyed. If someone could share more regarding the game, that would be fantastic. Question pertaining to this:
Does anyone have some sort of anomalous item?

And then Tavern Arcana. Outstanding tarot cards were the D card (which I played) where if someone is targeted and says the D word they die and dont have their role revealed until the D card dies. The magician would also be fairly interesting to include in this game since they get to find out the role name and that would be useful this game. Also possibly the wheel of fortune who had a random effect on their target based on a "wheel" they got to spin. No real pertinent question here or anything important I can think of other than once more the caution not to say the D word.

If everyone could of something along these lines (and cross check with each other/with the games) we could get a good idea of what the games looking like and the threats we're dealing with. Also could someone make a table or list with all of these things for clarity purposes? I would try to do so myself but I'll probably be on mobile all of today unfortunately.

Sploorky

Reaction score
I haven't played forum mafia in a while, I think my last memorable game wasdoomed cruise. The most interesting role there was mentor, who had a 45% chance of recruiting a player of their choice and then once recruited, could perform 1 kill per night.

We had 2 deaths this night, so if that number starts to go up, that may be an indicator of a mentor role in this game

erik5456

Reaction score
the second one being this, correct?
No I meant this one:

"You look towards the middle of the platform. Purple fog creeps in from below. Suddenly the lights go out. In the absolute darkness you feel something breathing down your neck. An anxious voice whispering "I have no choice... one of you... I have to take one of you...". The light turns on again. You look around. Everyone appears to be agitated. Some share a similair terror in their eyes."

I did however get that third message as well yes.

And speaking of the deaths, we know the painter exists and killed Danni. Which would mean that Mafia killed Notty. Not much else to be extrapolated sadly.

I'll make a post later if I can about some suspicions I have based on the Unu lynch as well since I reread some of it and some of the lynches are random bandwagons with not much verification.

Also quick appreciation note, P A P A B L E S S Infy hosting and not playing this game. Nothing against you Inf but like having 14 pages to read through day 1 instead of goddamn 51 is so much easier.

Rune

Resident Roadman | Deception Lead
Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
so rune, dess, theweakguy, and i all received a second message (people shared this in the thread) and after that i received ANOTHER message telling me to include my alignment in my next post and not reveal that i got this third message which i complied like the good trusty person that i am (except i just did it in a way where no info was given)

then i got a fourth message saying that i have a gun™ and that i should shoot one of the others who also got a second message because i was the first to complete the same task bestowed upon us so i look for the others' posts but

1) rune mentioned 3p in his next post so i thought he's 3p
2) theweakguy's next post had "scum" in it but he did say he thinks the messages are from a player so idk if he would have told the truth
3) dess just straight up stopped posting like i tried to get him to post by tagging him but he just didn't

but this message the rest of you guys got said that none of the others completed the task even though rune did include it so idk if the person missed rune's post or the person knows that rune is lying??

also

probs because you're included in the list of people
Yeah, I pretty much ignored the task because I didn't trust what the 3p was trying to get at. It felt like it was only there to throw us off and instead do other stupid shit to get us distracted which is why I felt it was a mafia oriented 3p role or mafia itself. I was also preparing for my prom which was why I only had time to briefly discuss the messages and did not for example vote for someone when it was nearer to the hammer as I wasn't on at the time.

Answering your point, I'm not sure how you complete the task if you did but in your post; you mention all 3 allegiances so I'm a bit confused around that. It could just be the case that because 3p was in my message; he took that as my allegiance but didn't consider that I just didn't do the task

But now, tbh it does make sense from what you're saying that its a variation of the fence role with some added bonus effect like setting tasks up. My biggest question is what will the next task be?

Rune

Resident Roadman | Deception Lead
Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Yeah, I pretty much ignored the task because I didn't trust what the 3p was trying to get at. It felt like it was only there to throw us off and instead do other stupid shit to get us distracted which is why I felt it was a mafia oriented 3p role or mafia itself. I was also preparing for my prom which was why I only had time to briefly discuss the messages and did not for example vote for someone when it was nearer to the hammer as I wasn't on at the time.

Answering your point, I'm not sure how you complete the task if you did but in your post; you mention all 3 allegiances so I'm a bit confused around that. It could just be the case that because 3p was in my message; he took that as my allegiance but didn't consider that I just didn't do the task

But now, tbh it does make sense from what you're saying that its a variation of the fence role with some added bonus effect like setting tasks up. My biggest question is what will the next task be?
Also, mine was a different task from the one you had; so I'm not sure about that either

Sploorky

Reaction score
It could still be pure fence. There's no indication that the tasks actually mean something. Fence might've just been fucking with everyone

Sploorky

Reaction score
  • Love
Reactions: FreakyCupcake

erik5456

Reaction score
Also not too surprising that notty was offed last night, considering she's a good player.
I'm gonna have to disagree with this. Notty wasn't really contributing much other than posts and a little mention to the art. If anything, it is surprising Maf killed them since usually you go to kill verbal people or people who seem like threats. I was honestly gonna suggest notty as a lynch target today unless they spoke and stopped with the same cryptic shit that seemed to be similar to the anonymous messages we were getting.

If we used that logic, why wouldn't the painter kill someone such as, say, ender or aqua? Not trying to say Danni isn't a good player but they most definetily are as well. Your post seems to stick out a little Roob is what I'm getting at. Would notty be your first target if you were mafia?