Team Fortress 2

NoobBuilder

Reaction score
Good Lord, I hate trading aspect of the game.

Might as well name it Teen Economy 2.
No, you might as well call it Addicts(-that-are-willing-to-pay-hundreds-for-certain-hats-so-let's-try-to-get-those-hats-and-trade-them-for-games-that-we-can-then-play) for Hats 2.

lolpierandom

Reaction score
I play the Spy and the Medic the most. I just use the Saharan Spy set with the Dead Ringer for the Spy and Medi Gun + Overdose + Vita-saw if my team is letting me die constantly/Megi Gun + Blutsauger + Ubersaw if I'm feeling battle medic -y.

People wanting to get into trading: Never trust anyone's offers on items whose prices you don't know. TF2 Community Items & Hats Pricing Guide is a good guide.

Or else:
http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae175/NoobBuilder/why.jpg
In this trade, I'm getting 2.33 reclaimed metal for 1 scrap. He actually wanted to give me more though, so meh.

http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae175/NoobBuilder/ohgodohgod.jpg
1.33 refined metal (although I suppose you could count it as 1.66, since I had to spend a reclaimed to make that Bison) for 4.33/6.33 refined metal.
Those pricing guides are terrible, don't use them. First one is a pretty good trade, second one, is amazing.

EDIT: In the end, for trading, a weapon is always half a scrap unless you're selling them, or they're brand new. If they're trading weapons TO you, then just assume that they count as .5 scrap.

NoobBuilder

Reaction score
Those pricing guides are terrible, don't use them. First one is a pretty good trade, second one, is amazing.

EDIT: In the end, for trading, a weapon is always half a scrap unless you're selling them, or they're brand new. If they're trading weapons TO you, then just assume that they count as .5 scrap.
Haha, oh God what? You've never been to a trade server, have you? Yes, in theory weapons are 0.5 scrap ea, but you sure as Hell aren't going to find anyone selling a weapon for less than 1 scrap (unless you're scrapbanking) or you get lucky.

That guide I linked to is simply a general guide, you shouldn't follow the prices exactly, but it's not terrible. It's actually pretty fair. But that's my opinion, you're entitled to your own.

lolpierandom

Reaction score
Haha, oh God what? You've never been to a trade server, have you? Yes, in theory weapons are 0.5 scrap ea, but you sure as Hell aren't going to find anyone selling a weapon for less than 1 scrap (unless you're scrapbanking) or you get lucky.

That guide I linked to is simply a general guide, you shouldn't follow the prices exactly, but it's not terrible. It's actually pretty fair. But that's my opinion, you're entitled to your own.
Most of the prices are VERY generous. Never been to a trade server? I just coaxed a G. Purity Fist, a G. Nanobalaclava, and a V. Modest Pile for a silly G.Anger. I've essentially doubled the worth.

NoobBuilder

Reaction score
Most of the prices are VERY generous. Never been to a trade server? I just coaxed a G. Purity Fist, a G. Nanobalaclava, and a V. Modest Pile for a silly G.Anger. I've essentially doubled the worth.
Mind pointing out a few of these "VERY generous" prices then?

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
Vintages are actually worth a lot, just finding buyers for the is a ROYAL pain in the ass.
vintage has no additional welth, It's the same hat with a diffrent rank, and the only way it could be worth more is if you'd want to show it off as old hat, Then again you show of hats anyway so it's not really worth more in my opinion.

lolpierandom

Reaction score
vintage has no additional welth, It's the same hat with a diffrent rank, and the only way it could be worth more is if you'd want to show it off as old hat, Then again you show of hats anyway so it's not really worth more in my opinion.
Plenty of silly collectors would beg to differ :3

trngl3087

Reaction score
Which game type does everyone like?

I normally play CTP. I think it involves more teamwork than the other types.

And I've been practicing spy-capping lately. (Even decent teams usually fail to set up a sentry at the next point before the first is taken, so it works half the time.) Scout-capping is more difficult, and I still haven't managed to pull it off. :/