Supernatural Hotel [Finished]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
Maybe they just targeted Std because they probably knew the doctor wasn't going to protect him since he's not an experience player?
You mean as in "Who's ever going to protect a "nobody" on night 1"?

Wouldn't it make more sense for them to get rid of an experienced player that might / will pose a risk? Weird.

At least the remaining cop now has a way to test if he is sane / paranoid: Check a person and get that person lynched asap, will show if his/her check was sane or not. Only problem: The cost of a life :(

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Well, um, thats not good.
Very lucky shot I guess.
So.....
Either the paranoid cop is gone, and we cant tell who is the superhlnatural thingies.
Or the real cop is gone and our (I think) most important source of imformation (once we know they are paranoid) is still alive.

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
wow what terrible luck for a first night :( I always feel sorry for whoever get's killed off first. I only hope it's the sane cop that's still alive so the town at least has one investigative role to find the mafia with.
Paranoid cop helps as well, we just need to know that they're paranoid first. I think paranoid is more important because its can see the supernaturals and is just as usefull once we know they are paranoid.

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
Alright so we lost one of our cops, to a shot in the dark. Instead of just saying 'ohno bla blah blah' how about we ask ourselves these questions.
Why was their only one kill this night?
Was std our real cop or the insane one?
Why was std hit in the first place?

I'll have a more detailed post later since i'm going out now but at least ponder those questions for a bit.

Reactions: digi

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
I know this sounds weird but it's actually better if our Paranoid Cop is alive if you think about it. The way how we can tell if it's the Paranoid Cop if is they get a Supernatural result which then guarantees that innocents you have investigated are Mafia and vice-versa.

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
So there are 5 possibilities to the reason there is only 1 kill ASSUMING the siren struck.

I.) The first aid kit was used early on
II.) Le doctor was on the scene
III.) The hooker was keeping someone busy tonight who was planning to kill
IV.) The barman was offering free whisky and gin to someone planning to kill
V.) The floor VII director gave III people a fun night. incl someone planning to kill

Those are all 5 possibilities

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
Okay I can see why people want to Paranoid more than the Sane Cop (or the same amount). I must agree, there's no other way, really, to see who is the supernatural people. If the Paranoid cop is alive, I think that they should try to find someone who is a supernatural, ofc, that will be hard, then they can confirm what the other peoples alignments are. If they're the Sane Cop, then it will be hard to find out if they're the sane or paranoid.

That probably made no sense. oops.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Screams in the hallway.

Gunshots in the night.

Bodies lying all over the place.

I wake up to the sound of pistols and machine guns. There is a masked man in my room. He notices that I'm awake, but I try to remain calm as he walks up to my bed and puts a hand over my mouth. I don't even try to scream.

A little while later all the survivors have gathered in the buffet area. The masked man had left as quickly as he came, most likely to gun down even more people. For some reason he let me live. As the last survivors arrive at the buffet, we realize there are no masked men in the building any more. Looks like they left, but the squad cars are still there. They don't know the killers have left.

A man from our group of twenty steps out the front door, as an innocent man.
Gunshots.
The police quickly shoot the poor man dead, not knowing the killers have left.

We stand there, shocked. But as one of the survivors notes, the cars that the killers had driven are still there, in the parking lot as if nothing had happened. The survivor goes pale. We were wrong, the cops were right. The killers haven't left. They're among us.

Another man quickly stands up and proposes that if we can't go out the front door or any other door, we must find the terrorists and the proof that they really are terrorists, then kill them ourselves and show them to the police. Most of us are clearly uncomfortable with this idea, but I quickly understand, as do most others, that this is our only chance of making it out of here alive. Reluctantly, everyone agrees to this plan.

I stand up. "Well, if we're going to be here for a while, we might as well get to know each other," I say. "My name's Merryl Maycroft, 29 years old."

As the others say their names and something about themselves as well, some are visibly shaken by the whole situation, but most accept it and try to find a solution. I look at everyone carefully. One of them, or even several of them, are the killers. But who?

Ok then, not the best way to start the game, I'll admit. Luckily we still have one cop left, either the sane or the paranoid, and I'll agree, paranoid would be more useful. But, as 77 has already mentioned, we can't sob about how we lost a cop already, but focus on finding the mafia instead.

There are 5 possibilities, who might've killed std. Either one of the killing roles (SWAT, mafia faction kill or the Siren) or someone already used a toy.

To be quite honest, the only possibility that seems likely to me is that the Mafia killed std, and boy how lucky they got in that case. The Vigilante (swat in this game) probably wouldn't have murdered anyone without anything to go on, because that would most likely damage his own chances.

If it was a Siren kill, then two things must've happened: std had to visit him and the mafia kill had to have been blocked somehow, either by the Bartender or the Doc or the First Aid Kit. That would be the only way to explain just one kill during the night if the Siren killed him, because I'm sure that the mafia wouldn't let go a chance to get rid of a player. That must also mean that if the Siren killed him, then the Siren is more likely to be a player that is well known to be a good and manipulative player, otherwise there'd be no reason for std to investigate him.

But an experienced player would be more likely to target another experienced player, to get rid of competition, so the possibility of a Siren kill is highly unlikely as far as I'm concerned, since std wasn't exactly a well known player.

Which leaves the possibility of toys: either someone used a knife on std or std got a fake knife and decided to use it. The latter seems very unlikely to me, since he would've had nothing to base his target on, unless, of course, he hit a mafia on the first try and used the fake knife after that. The possibility of the real knife being used by a supernatural role would be more likely, but in that case, which supernatural? Probably not ghost, because he wins with the Town if he hasn't been hit yet. That leaves us with Siren and Alien. Siren could've done this to raise his kill count, but he would've had no way of knowing if the knife was fake or real, and the fake knife would kill him. Plus, he'd actually not gain anything from such a kill, because the role description says that only the kills that use his own special ability bring him closer to victory. So, Siren is, once again, highly unlikely.

That leaves us with an Alien. I can see that happening, actually. He probes two players and kills a third to make his chances better. Only thing is, the mafia kill must've been blocked in that case, and I don't think the chances of this happening are too big.

So, in my opinion the mafia did it. But why did they target std? He's not a very experienced player. The way I see it, there's three options. Either the mafia is composed of other unexperienced players who haven't studied the other players and don't know who's experienced and who's not, or they killed him to create confusion or the Stalker found him.

First option, unlikely in my opinion. There aren't exactly many players in the game that have never played a game here before and don't know what to expect.

Second and third options, more likely. Which one of those two exactly, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure we can assume that we're up against at least some experienced players.

What I'd like to know is this:

@Alpha102 Can the people who receive a toy use them at that same night?
Would help to understand if the Alien could've gotten a kill or was it almost definitely mafia.

• Informative
Reactions: digi

HypeBurst

Just Fabulous
Reaction score
With the low amount of kills this night, I think the blocking roles should target the same person/people night 2. If the kills are still really low, there are some strong suspicion(s) there.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
The cop is dead, luckily we have another one x).

This day is actually going quite well, lots of theories and ideas. And ofcourse here I am to propose an idea of myself.

The base of the idea is this: All the regular guests claim their role.
You might think "but ermg this will tell the mafia exactly who the PR's are." But that argument is total nonsense. 15/19 people are PR's and there are only 4 regular guests. If we get more than 4 claims we know a non-town sided person is in there and we can lynch within the claims. And if there are only 4 claims then those 4 are automaticly proven. And ofcourse town-sided PR's shouldn't claim regular guest then.

I think this idea can work really really well for us. Any feedback/thoughts?

Ouh. Poor std.
I wonder who could do that.
Also just saying, am I the only one who found this sentence to be really really evil like Raxo killed Std?

Status
Not open for further replies.