Supernatural Hotel [Finished]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mmarz11

Former AoD Dev
Reaction score
Oh my god what just happened

Sorry couldn't resist.
How suspicious do you deem yourself to be? I believe that I am standard suspicious. I haven't done anything to make people think of me as such nor have I done anything to make people think I am not.

What do you consider your strength(s)? I have no idea but I would love to find out.

How experienced are you in Mafia games? I have never played forum Mafia however I have played a fair number of games on IRC.

Who is suspicious to you/FOS? Everyone. There isn't much to go on at the moment.

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
How suspicious do you deem yourself to be?
Being an experienced player always makes you seem slightly suspicious, just for the fact that we usually hide the real motives better than others.

What do you consider your strength(s)?
My gut feeling.

What do you consider your weakness(es)?
My gut feeling.

How experienced are you in Mafia games?
Quite.

Who is suspicious to you/FOS?
No real suspicion yet. As usual Notty a bit, but that's a tradition. If I'd have to pick, it would be ansoro, but purely for being surprisingly quiet, which is unusual.

Reactions: Nottykitten

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
We're off to a great start, I have one thing to say. I feel like I could have done better with explaining some of the mechanics that work with our roles, so I have updated the role list with extra details about how a lot of them work. Hopefully this will clear some concerns and make the game experience a bit smoother.

Reactions: Fruit

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Who is suspicious to you/FOS? Nottykitten's suggestion may just as easily be to whittle down who the mafia shouldn't attack as it is who the town shouldn't vote for.
It can be seen as that, but since 15/19 people are PR's I don't think it could actually hurt us that much. If anything the mafia has more chance to hit a supernatural even.

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
It can be seen as that, but since 15/19 people are PR's I don't think it could actually hurt us that much. If anything the mafia has more chance to hit a supernatural even.
even with the fact we have a higher percentage of power roles most of our power roles are still pretty important. not to mention if the siren knew a list of the power roles it'd make it easier for them to guess which players can visit and try to get a kill.

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
How suspicious do you deem yourself to be? hopefully not too suspicious the game just started then again suspicions get thrown around much more wildly this early in.
What do you consider your strength(s)? I think i'm good with logic, even if i over-think things sometimes
How experienced are you in Mafia games? not too experienced it's only my third game and I feel like I haven't quite got the hang of it yet.
Who is suspicious to you/FOS? N/A I've no idea yet.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
even with the fact we have a higher percentage of power roles most of our power roles are still pretty important. not to mention if the siren knew a list of the power roles it'd make it easier for them to guess which players can visit and try to get a kill.
There is already a 15/19 chance the siren visits a PR. I don't mind making that a 100% as its almost a 100% already anyways and it can help the town.

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
There is already a 15/19 chance the siren visits a PR. I don't mind making that a 100% as its almost a 100% already anyways and it can help the town.
the siren doesn't "visit" others. The siren chooses a person they think will visit them that night, If the person the siren chooses visits the siren the person visiting the siren dies. if the siren had a list of who isn't a power role it tells them who they should be trying to manipulate into visiting them making the odds of them getting a kill go way up.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
The Siren thing is true, yes, but as notty said, the chances of the Siren picking a PR are already 75%, so not much difference there. Even if the Siren gets his 2 night kills, I believe the game doesn't end, so we still have a shot at this. The downside of this would be that we'd end up with 2 less PRs (although he can hit mafia PRs too) and the mafia getting their hands on a list of PRs. But, again, the chances are 75% already, so it's likely that the next kills are PRs anyway, we could at least make sure that we have someone to not lynch.

Now, if this would go through, the mafia would face a dilemma. Whether they should kill a PR and hope they don't get roleblocked or the target doesn't get saved, or pick out the confirmed innocents to make it harder for us. Either way, things get easier for us. If they decide to hit a PR, our suspect list would go down. If they decide to hit a claimed, we keep our PRs.

The risks may be high, but this is Mafia. The risks are always high and we need to face them, sooner or later.

But we have a whole day ahead of us nonetheless, so even if we decide to go through with this plan in the end, we still have time to see if anything else pops up and if we can make a more confident guess as to who the baddies are.

• Agree
Reactions: Nottykitten

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I don't know, I haven't exactly contributed much yet
What do you consider your weakness(s)?
everything.
Enough so that I should be more skilled
Nobody really mostly due to nothing much happening yet

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Quite a bit after my win as SK in Intrusion so I believe some people will be after me, slightly surprised I wasn't killed Night 1 .-.
I have a pretty decent scumtell as seen in Doomed Cruise in my Passenger Room.
What do you consider your weakness(es)?
I kinda hold grudges, so for example if I find someone suspicious on Day 1 I might still be after them on Day 10, etc. For example in Intrusion when I was after Myuser being scum (which I genuinely thought) from Day 0 to the day they died.
I've played most of the forum ones, lots of EpicMafia, quite a bit of IRC so I'd deem myself as pretty experienced.
Nobody... yet!

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Im not even going to pretend im good at self analyzization. Although I feel that how suspicious I look to my self is irrelevant, but rather how suspicious I look to other people.
Once again, I dont self analyze. Im not even sure why I answer some questions.
Iv played a few forum games.
It too early to have any real concrete suspicions. And I skipped over the last few pages anyway.
Ill go look at them now.

Fruit

Brrraaaaaiiiinnnnsss
Reaction score
Sorry for not posting, all I really thought last night was "oh great we lost a cop" and that had been said a bunch already .

I'll try to answer some questions when I get home!

Fruit

Brrraaaaaiiiinnnnsss
Reaction score
A fair bit suspicious. I got to the end last game...
vote ooglie101
unvote
sorry had to get that out of my system.
Anyways, my point being, even though I was innocent, some might be suspicious due to that fact.
I don't really know what my strengths would be.
This is my third game, was killed first night my first game, was a replacement in the second, but got to the end, so I'm fairly experienced
Right now, Raxo, a little bit. I know his english isn't perfect, but what he said seems weird, even for him.

HypeBurst

Just Fabulous
Reaction score
When I looked over the roles in the first place, Im not sure why but I thought there were heaps of killing roles, Im really unsure why but it just seemed like it. Double checking the roles just now, I understad why there was only one kill last night. Ignore my role blocking thing please :$

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
Okay.. so questions

I'm not too sure, I'd hope not -too- suspicious seeing this is like.. my third post? Idk. It's really up to the others to decide if I'm suspicious or not
What do you consider your strength(s)?Again, I'm not the person to say what my strengths are.
And I might as well chuck in my weaknesses.
I can be persuaded fairly easily, which I don't like.
This will be my third forum mafia, I've played a decent amount of IRC mafia and EpicMafia. I'd say I'm somewhat experienced.
It's too early to have a full argument against people or anything, there's no proper proof for anyone.

I would post more but this was a rush in itself

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Since you play for the first time, just as a note: Any 'story' elements, like the above, are always purely cosmetic in a game of Mafia and have no relevance. That's why story is cursive and actual things in normal type.

Just saying before you focus on the type of death :D

Currently on my phone, will post when back at PC, some good posts just there!
Well lets throw that overboard then...

How suspicious do you deem yourself to be
Allright, I'm a man who doesn't like to talk about himself too much, It is not for me but for the others to decide if i am suspicious. Because i myself look at me in different way everyone else does...

Actually this is the first time i play mafia, So i don't really know YET, But i would guess my Logic will come in handy at some point.

This is my first time playing, So... Unexperienced.

I have no suspicions as of yet as we got no leads.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
It's silent, so I guess I'll make a post then about the idea of the cop outing him/herself.

Here's a list of Pros and Cons I can think of:
Cons:
The doctor can only protect the cop and thus nobody else is safe.
Once the doctor dies, the cop will be next.
The cop will probabily be roleblocked.

Pros:
The doctor knows who to protect. [so no chance of the cop randomly dying like Std]
It gives us early-game acces to the cop's findings.
We can also figure out wether the cop is sane or paranoid early on.
It can help the town figuring out who to lynch and who not to lynch.
Nobody else will be roleblocked since it would not be smart for the mafia to not roleblock the cop.

I say: let the cop out tomorrow. It will mean the cop has 2 findings. Since if the cop outs now, we will have 1 finding and tonight he will be roleblocked. Then tomorrow we can possibly lynch one of the two findings to see wether the cop is paranoid or not. Maybe if we're lucky, one of the two findings will have died in the night and we know for sure.

And now I just thought of another reason why all the Regular Guests should claim. The mafia have probabily not talked about CCing[counterclaiming] to each other yet, and today would be the perfect chance to put pressure on the mafia. We let all the regular guests claim, see if there are any CC's. Since the mafia haven't talked it over yet, one of the mafia might make a mistake and claim when they shouldn't. Or the mafia's might be too afraid to claim as they might think it's a mistake. Then we have no CC's and we know the 4 people who claimed are proven town. Either way, since the mafia probabily hasn't talked about it it puts pressure on them. And pressure allows for mistakes ;)

And here's how we should do it. To make sure all the actual Regular Guests have claimed, every single person needs to make a post saying wether they are a Regular Guest or not. [This way we don't have the mistake of 4 people claiming and then 1 being mafia and then us believing they are all town because the actual regular guest is just being inactive].

I know we haven't really decided if we are gonna do this or not. But I am just going to do it because voting wether we do it or not is never really gonna work out since supernatural roles are gonna vote against also. And remember: Town PR's don't claim regular guests as you will screw up the results. Just make a simple post saying "I am not a regular guest". And if you are, just say "I am a regular guest".

It's simple, I'll start. I am not a Regular Guest. See, that wasn't hard now was it? I really hope all town's people are going to do it too. Because once we have a few people doing it, the mafia/supernaturals will be forced to do it also otherwise they will look anti-town. And if you don't do it, then I will automaticly assume you are Anti-town. *icryifnobodyelsedoesthisandthenthetownloses*

Reactions: Jeercrul and Notme
Status
Not open for further replies.