SMP [Suggestion/Discussion]

Do you support this server? (Don't vote until 100% sure on either side)

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 18 40.9%

• Total voters

Lily97

That American Idiot
Reaction score
This is a good idea. However, as seen throughout various posts from various members, there should be some changes made. This doesn't seem like it would work effectively and smoothly as a whole new SMP server. The idea sounds like it would be better as a mini-game attached to one of our existing servers.

As a server itself, this is basically JtE with pre-set teams and a more centralized PVP zone. No need to spend more hosting two of the same server. But, I could see this working as a mini-game attached to JtE, with incentive to kill off the other teams quickly for a reward that the winning team can spend in Mercantia or save up. Maybe only available on weekends through a portal after the meeting?

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
That would solve the issue defiant brought up earlier. So, it would be all PvP with the 4 towns then or would you suggest a system close to last map then?
What -I'm- suggesting is continuing JtE and fixing the issues we have and then resetting the map!
JtE is done, hardly anyone is going to want to come back. It took too long for a refresh and the numbers showed it. Time needs to start being investing into working on a new server not trying to make JtE last forever with a low playerbase.

why do you get to determine the length at which Jte will last and at what point to abadon ship:p I don't mean to be rude but i think a lot of people are getting tired of a select few people REPEATEDLY saying our playerbase is low and we should abandon ship.

that was a semi-decent argument the last time a thread like this came up but since then i feel like our numbers have gone up and i rarely see it empty. sure our numbers could be up slightly higher but honestly any server could have higher numbers. take blocktopia for example it's a rather small minecraft community by comparison to the larger communities that have thousands upon thousands of people joining and leaving per day, however i think most people here would agree this does not mean it is unsuccessful. in fact i think many here would agree blocktopia is very successful. therefore we cannot measure the quality of a successful server based upon how many people join the server.

so basically

is JtE small? perhaps a bit but it's kept and maintained a rather active playerbase who are happy with and unlike you do enjoy playing the server.

-as long as there are players who are happy with and play the server i would consider this an overall success

also unless i'm wrong you've already left blocktopia and quit JtE i checked there was no data of you when i typed /clan lookup on the server. so I think your acting off of somewhat outdated information for a server you don't even play on.

perhaps JtE isn't the right server for you that's why your making this thread. honestly i think if we could do it running 2 smp servers would be the best option as it would fit a majority of (in some cases) completely opposed opinions and fit a much wider spectrum of smp players satisfying the needs of everybody and ending this age old argument once and for all.

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
What -I'm- suggesting is continuing JtE and fixing the issues we have and then resetting the map!
JtE is done, hardly anyone is going to want to come back. It took too long for a refresh and the numbers showed it. Time needs to start being investing into working on a new server not trying to make JtE last forever with a low playerbase.

why do you get to determine the length at which Jte will last and at what point to abadon ship:p I don't mean to be rude but i think a lot of people are getting tired of a select few people REPEATEDLY saying our playerbase is low and we should abandon ship.

that was a semi-decent argument the last time a thread like this came up but since then i feel like our numbers have gone up and i rarely see it empty. sure our numbers could be up slightly higher but honestly any server could have higher numbers. take blocktopia for example it's a rather small minecraft community by comparison to the larger communities that have thousands upon thousands of people joining and leaving per day, however i think most people here would agree this does not mean it is unsuccessful. in fact i think many here would agree blocktopia is very successful. therefore we cannot measure the quality of a successful server based upon how many people join the server.

so basically

is JtE small? perhaps a bit but it's kept and maintained a rather active playerbase who are happy with and unlike you do enjoy playing the server.

-as long as there are players who are happy with and play the server i would consider this an overall success

also unless i'm wrong you've already left blocktopia and quit JtE i checked there was no data of you when i typed /clan lookup on the server. so I think your acting off of somewhat outdated information for a server you don't even play on.

perhaps JtE isn't the right server for you that's why your making this thread. honestly i think if we could do it running 2 smp servers would be the best option as it would fit a majority of (in some cases) completely opposed opinions and fit a much wider spectrum of smp players satisfying the needs of everybody and ending this age old argument once and for all.
I stopped playing JtE around 1-2 months ago after the wars went away (No battles) I had #2 timeonline and 7th or 8th in /mctop when I stopped playing so it is inaccurate to say I did not play the server. SMP4 was my favorite premium server and since last time, I posted this to balance PvP and No PvP with Prim for the people that seemed to support that. The 90% of the people are staff getting staff time and new players. Most of the time the server is below 5 players even people that I asked said that JtE is getting really boring and a new map should be planned.

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
I stopped playing JtE around 1-2 months ago after the wars went away (No battles) I had #2 timeonline and 7th or 8th in /mctop when I stopped playing so it is inaccurate to say I did not play the server. SMP4 was my favorite premium server and since last time, I posted this to balance PvP and No PvP with Prim for the people that seemed to support that. The 90% of the people are staff getting staff time and new players. Most of the time the server is below 5 players even people that I asked said that JtE is getting really boring and a new map should be planned.
a.) I'm unsure if you didn't properly read what i'd said or what, however you've just restated my point i never said you didn't play the server I said you Don't currently play the server. therefore practically admitted you aren't currently involved with it and are less likely to know things such as but not limited to , the acivity rate, the percentage of staff/new players by comparison to the rest of it's playerbase etc.

b.) i highly disagree and find this 90% to be highly exaggerated i often see non staff players such as settlers, aristocrats and citizens playing on the server

c.) " Most of the time the server is below 5 players" odd as i often see it higher, perhaps it's your timezone or time of day you usually play i used to play around 3-4 am and only ever saw other members from concord who also played that timezone. also i suspect this may be slightly outdated information due to the point i made above.

d." even people that I asked said that JtE is getting really boring and a new map should be planned" this i believe, of course some people believe JtE is getting really boring, "some people" think RoF is really boring too yet it's one of our most popular servers. again i don't think the problem here is with the JtE server itself but more that JtE is suited to a more peaceful and creative area of the community than is fitting for a more pvp and fighting minded smp section. whether it's pvp or non pvp i think it's clear the real problem here isn't with the server itself but that were trying to combine two completely different minded and opposed sections of the community and expecting them to mix and ride happily in the same boat.
e.) we should probably calm down, if we start throwing around disagrees and dislikes now just because we disagree with others opinions (which this argument always seems to boil down to)this thread will just turn into a massive and really annoying argument,
f.) hockey i think your thread is derailing a bit, unless i'm wrong you were not trying to say we should get rid of jte and were saying we should discuss the idea you've listed so we have some possible suggestions to use in case of a JtE map restart or new smp(the timing of which of these happens or when this events happens should fail to be relevant if your intention was actually to suggest something positive for the community rather than make a thread to suggest we should remove jte) I may have contributed a bit into the de-railing so I do apologize but i think if we can get this back on topic this thread could serve it's purpose nicely. otherwise this'll just turn into a massive argument that will cause much hatred and get nothing accomplished

• Agree
Reactions: Undefined User 7

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
a.) I'm unsure if you didn't properly read what i'd said or what, however you've just restated my point i never said you didn't play the server I said you Don't currently play the server. therefore practically admitted you aren't currently involved with it and are less likely to know things such as but not limited to , the acivity rate, the percentage of staff/new players by comparison to the rest of it's playerbase etc.

b.) i highly disagree and find this 90% to be highly exaggerated i often see non staff players such as settlers, aristocrats and citizens playing on the server

c.) " Most of the time the server is below 5 players" odd as i often see it higher, perhaps it's your timezone or time of day you usually play i used to play around 3-4 am and only ever saw other members from concord who also played that timezone. also i suspect this may be slightly outdated information due to the point i made above.

d." even people that I asked said that JtE is getting really boring and a new map should be planned" this i believe, of course some people believe JtE is getting really boring, "some people" think RoF is really boring too yet it's one of our most popular servers. again i don't think the problem here is with the JtE server itself but more that JtE is suited to a more peaceful and creative area of the community than is fitting for a more pvp and fighting minded smp section. whether it's pvp or non pvp i think it's clear the real problem here isn't with the server itself but that were trying to combine two completely different minded and opposed sections of the community and expecting them to mix and ride happily in the same boat.
e.) we should probably calm down, if we start throwing around disagrees and dislikes now just because we disagree with others opinions (which this argument always seems to boil down to)this thread will just turn into a massive and really annoying argument,
f.) hockey i think your thread is derailing a bit, unless i'm wrong you were not trying to say we should get rid of jte and were saying we should discuss the idea you've listed so we have some possible suggestions to use in case of a JtE map restart or new smp(the timing of which of these happens or when this events happens should fail to be relevant if your intention was actually to suggest something positive for the community rather than make a thread to suggest we should remove jte) I may have contributed a bit into the de-railing so I do apologize but i think if we can get this back on topic this thread could serve it's purpose nicely. otherwise this'll just turn into a massive argument that will cause much hatred and get nothing accomplished
If you type /glist in the lobby you know who is on what server so yes the statement about 90% just staff and new players my be slightly exaggerated but is very true. Even if you look at the JtE list now 3 staff 1 new player. The only time it exceeds 5 is during the high population hour which it stays under 10. JtE is peaceful yes creative no, you have to follow build formats in towns and can't create your own clan and have to apply to have other people judge your builds which if they are not their building taste you won't move up. Take Esper for example, the first village app was a completed outside and a vault area. People did not like that it was a single standing building or when CTY applied on their first app someone said something along the lines of "CTY does not follow the theme so I don't think it should be accepted." SMP4 had more gameplay and things to do than JtE. Yes, we could try to have 2 servers but JtE is coming to end it has gone on long enough. If you kept SMP4 running past its 6 month period it would have had more of a playerbase than JtE. Topic is to implement this server and JtE should not run with it (Reread the last few lines.)

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, just popping in here real quick.

First off, I've been paying attention to this thread - not ignoring it. I'm going to give it one chance to steer back on topic, because it always seems to go back to the "why JtE sucks" theme. Let's keep it on-topic with the server suggestion or I will lock it, we've had this discussion and it's quite clear none of us want to have it again. If you've got anything else to say on this, I recommend you bring it to PM with John or I, because we are glad to discuss this elsewhere if needed.

Plus, if you want this server or aspects from it put into a new SMP server, why argue about why the current one is bad?

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
Hi, just popping in here real quick.

First off, I've been paying attention to this thread - not ignoring it. I'm going to give it one chance to steer back on topic, because it always seems to go back to the "why JtE sucks" theme. Let's keep it on-topic with the server suggestion or I will lock it, we've had this discussion and it's quite clear none of us want to have it again. If you've got anything else to say on this, I recommend you bring it to PM with John or I, because we are glad to discuss this elsewhere if needed.

Plus, if you want this server or aspects from it put into a new SMP server, why argue about why the current one is bad?
Alright, lets bring up SMP4 why not have that, since people don't particularly like the town idea.
SMP4 Points:​
1. Creativity- Anyone could create a clan and the goal was to be the best clan on the server and you had to work to maintain your status. If any town deserved it the most last map it would be SLV (feel free to disagree) they were not the most dominating PvP clan but had great buildings, people and had a member count in the 20's​
2. New elements to SMP- You had to be alert and cunning to accomplish tasks and there was always this rush. Whether it was defending your base, raiding the enemy towns, grinding mobs, and players trading with each other and hanging out at the TNT shop. Was a fun experience throughout that server.​
3. Trust- You trusted your members more and had some days where you would all go mining and talk about getting diamonds and enchantments. You would back your members up by helping them defend your base and picking up their stuff and getting to safety to save their stuff. The great moments of SMP4 is getting a clan member their stuff back or receiving your stuff from a clan member. As well as knowing they had your back and some days surprised you with resources that you need and you would give them things as well.​

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
There really isn't any incentive to live in the PvP zone. People would just crowd to the Non-PvP like JtE.

*cough* Aotearoa *cough * :p

Anyways, just to clarify, are you referring to removing JtE all together if we implement this new SMP or keeping both?
No point in keeping both, JtE was a new gamemode try and it lasted over the normal 4-6 months but it is time. Also Superstein told me to keep off this topic so, what did you think of my last post?

nitasu987

Reaction score
I got a REALLY good Idea:

Look at The new Elder Scrolls Online. Wouldn't be AWESOME to have something like that, with unique and fleshed-out cities, amazing terrain, and, right: Cyrodiil is a PVP Zone. Why can't we have something like that (The Pvp Zone from JTE) but more fleshed-out, like with stuff such as Dwemer Ruins or just some ruins of an ancient Civilization of some sort as well as other Cities which factions could claim, and that could be some of the whole Raid/conquer aspect?

lol Hockeyfan1852 you don't understand? It's Skyrim stuff ;)

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Am I the only one who would absolutely love for SMPV2 to come back? That server was so much simpler, while I do enjoy a server such as JtE, the lack of pvp tends to bore players.. from what I have noticed players don't tend to play as much due to them not being able to kill users, sure they may come on to mingle with friends and try to mine all of the non-existent diamonds/emeralds, but it does tend to get a tad boring.

Every server in recent times as only lasted around 5-8 months simply because people aren't getting the satisfactory needs that they want. Everyone loves the server for a couple months, then it tends to drag on, players get bored or over-powered and it ends up with people complaining and demanding a new smp. I have full trust in Superstein and John on new content that they could release to attract more players to the server, however I feel as if it would only be a temporary boost and not something that could make JtE last.

As of now, JtE's economy doesn't look great with nearly everyone having stacks upon stacks of diamond and emerald blocks (God knows if they were achieved legitimately) and for new players to try and gain these resources themselves has become a near impossible task; I can't see a way to fix this either, you can't add in more emerald/diamond ores as that would allow our current players to mass-produce them with their fortune 3 pickaxes and whatnot, so I generally don't see a way how JtE could improve in a substantial amount that would allow the server to survive on an average player-base of 20+ a day for the coming months.

All in all, I agree with the general idea of bringing in a new smp. However this does not mean we'd need new head-staff for the server, I am sure many will agree that superstein is a good director and would do a fine job of directing a new smp, however I would feel that a reset of staff would be appropriate based on where the server would be heading and the roles that will be released.

Rather than argue about how JtE isn't bad, and how it is bad, why don't we discuss ways to possibly improve the current JtE rather than let it die like it's siblings, or the possibilities on a new smp that would allow it to stay up for an impressive amount of time and make everyone happy?

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
Am I the only one who would absolutely love for SMPV2 to come back? That server was so much simpler, while I do enjoy a server such as JtE, the lack of pvp tends to bore players.. from what I have noticed players don't tend to play as much due to them not being able to kill users, sure they may come on to mingle with friends and try to mine all of the non-existent diamonds/emeralds, but it does tend to get a tad boring.

Every server in recent times as only lasted around 5-8 months simply because people aren't getting the satisfactory needs that they want. Everyone loves the server for a couple months, then it tends to drag on, players get bored or over-powered and it ends up with people complaining and demanding a new smp. I have full trust in Superstein and John on new content that they could release to attract more players to the server, however I feel as if it would only be a temporary boost and not something that could make JtE last.

As of now, JtE's economy doesn't look great with nearly everyone having stacks upon stacks of diamond and emerald blocks (God knows if they were achieved legitimately) and for new players to try and gain these resources themselves has become a near impossible task; I can't see a way to fix this either, you can't add in more emerald/diamond ores as that would allow our current players to mass-produce them with their fortune 3 pickaxes and whatnot, so I generally don't see a way how JtE could improve in a substantial amount that would allow the server to survive on an average player-base of 20+ a day for the coming months.

All in all, I agree with the general idea of bringing in a new smp. However this does not mean we'd need new head-staff for the server, I am sure many will agree that superstein is a good director and would do a fine job of directing a new smp, however I would feel that a reset of staff would be appropriate based on where the server would be heading and the roles that will be released.

Rather than argue about how JtE isn't bad, and how it is bad, why don't we discuss ways to possibly improve the current JtE rather than let it die like it's siblings, or the possibilities on a new smp that would allow it to stay up for an impressive amount of time and make everyone happy?
Super and John could make a good server as well as a good amount of JtE staff. There are some good ideas that worked out with JtE that would work with a server close to SMP4. I will list a few below.

1. Auctions- I always liked the auctions and tons of people showed up for them, this was a good idea by Old_Man_Oak_63 and in the server we could dedicate an area or separate world to host the auction every week. For those of you who do not know what this is it is where players submit items into chests that are stored until the auction. The auctions are sold in lots and the highest bid won the items in the lot.

2. Events- I noticed lately the the JtE staff has been working hard to improve the server with events like the wishing well and the PvP town. As well as the parkour for horse armor I believe. SMP4 did have a few events but I think the creativity of the staff could make some really cool events.

3. Trading- This goes off from the area in which you can set up villagers with emerald trades forgot the name sorry but I was thinking a close idea to this. Basically there would be 5x5 plots that players can buy and they can design their own shops and it would be the place to exchange items. It would be in the main world and it would be one of the few no-pvp zone where players can trade and talk.

I would like to apologize for bashing JtE for most of my posts. I know the staff puts a lot of time and effort into the server. I thought that trying to improve and point out flaws to certain features in JtE would give this a stronger argument but I now realize that despite of how bad I want an SMP4 like server back I should incorporate these ideas that worked well in JtE into the server and it improved this SMP4 idea. I would love these features and SMP4 features in the same server.

nitasu987

Reaction score
Ok, Angel, here's how I would want to improve JTE:

First off, I bet it's clear from my previous posts that I would go crazy (in a good way) if BT got a Hardcore-ish Medieval RPG Server. From my understanding, JTE was supposed to be that, but it's still got that tone of a normal SMP, and JTE isn't Normal by any means (Also in a good way). For example, I love the Enderdragon plugin, I think that's immersive and really cool! I mean, I just want some big medieval faction war rpg like in Elder Scrolls Online. That way you could have a nice big PvP area in the middle that has some sort of Solitude/Primordia-esque mechanics as in you're taking over cities in the name of your Faction/Kingdom (Like the Ebonheart Pact, Aldmeri Dominion, and Daggerfall Covenant in ESO) Also the rest of the map would be sectioned off into Provinces, Kingdoms, whatever it'd be, and there could be attacks from other rival Provinces/Kingdoms/etc and What I'd like would be a small starting village for each of the Kingdoms, and you can build your own houses or (Insert Possible plugin that may or may not exist, just an idea --->) spend gold nuggets (Just gold) to buy houses/walls/cannons/stuff such as blacksmith, stables, guard tower, etc.; gold is earned by killing people, completing dungeons. and of course melting down gold ingots, which are worth however many nuggets it takes to make an ingot (6 iirc). I'd also like to see various dungeons that could respawn over time, like the ones in the Aether mods (idk if they can respawn or not but it'd be really cool) and that way you could obtain lots of loot and make it more RPG-esque. Finally I'd love to see an expanded quest system with XP and a level-based Race/Class system like we had in Primordia along with the skills from JTE.

Whaddya'll think?

• Sad
Reactions: Hockeyfan1852

Jubjubers

Best BuildBox Guy 2011 - 2013
Reaction score
Website
www.lingscars.com
Now I may have a strong bias, but having Solitude just shut down, would it not be bad to suddenly have to slate JtE after? We'd be killing them too quickly!

EDIT;
Ok, Angel, here's how I would want to improve JTE:

First off, I bet it's clear from my previous posts that I would go crazy (in a good way) if BT got a Hardcore-ish Medieval RPG Server. From my understanding, JTE was supposed to be that, but it's still got that tone of a normal SMP, and JTE isn't Normal by any means (Also in a good way). For example, I love the Enderdragon plugin, I think that's immersive and really cool! I mean, I just want some big medieval faction war rpg like in Elder Scrolls Online. That way you could have a nice big PvP area in the middle that has some sort of Solitude/Primordia-esque mechanics as in you're taking over cities in the name of your Faction/Kingdom (Like the Ebonheart Pact, Aldmeri Dominion, and Daggerfall Covenant in ESO) Also the rest of the map would be sectioned off into Provinces, Kingdoms, whatever it'd be, and there could be attacks from other rival Provinces/Kingdoms/etc and What I'd like would be a small starting village for each of the Kingdoms, and you can build your own houses or (Insert Possible plugin that may or may not exist, just an idea --->) spend gold nuggets (Just gold) to buy houses/walls/cannons/stuff such as blacksmith, stables, guard tower, etc.; gold is earned by killing people, completing dungeons. and of course melting down gold ingots, which are worth however many nuggets it takes to make an ingot (6 iirc). I'd also like to see various dungeons that could respawn over time, like the ones in the Aether mods (idk if they can respawn or not but it'd be really cool) and that way you could obtain lots of loot and make it more RPG-esque. Finally I'd love to see an expanded quest system with XP and a level-based Race/Class system like we had in Primordia along with the skills from JTE.

Whaddya'll think?

Yeah I played Skyrim too.

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
The town system in JtE was bad. Creating your own clan last map was a better system as for the suggestion I wanted to try something new for a suggestion because I saw how people seem to like prim.
How is the JtE town system bad?
He may either be refering to town protection, or maybe the thing that way too many clans go this way.
Founded>Having fun>trying to get a rank>gets rank>is happy for a bit>inactive
Point: Snowfall, Crucia etc.
Counterpoint: The Sancti Empire. We're still pretty active, even if we're not the most active clan. We have weekly meetings and are working on projects atm. The goal of any SMP is to have a goal. What happened is these clans didn't have a goal, so they stopped playing. At Sancti, we definitely had a goal, and we've been working pretty diligently towards it.

So yes, there is validity to this, but it's not the fault of the system. It's the fault of the settlements for giving up.

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
Now I may have a strong bias, but having Solitude just shut down, would it not be bad to suddenly have to slate JtE after? We'd be killing them too quickly!
Then, think how long this server will take to make. In 2-7 weeks which Marn said it was more. Then the server will be release so no it is not right after.
Counterpoint: The Sancti Empire. We're still pretty active, even if we're not the most active clan. We have weekly meetings and are working on projects atm. The goal of any SMP is to have a goal. What happened is these clans didn't have a goal, so they stopped playing. At Sancti, we definitely had a goal, and we've been working pretty diligently towards it.

So yes, there is validity to this, but it's not the fault of the system. It's the fault of the settlements for giving up.
The goal of SMP4 was to be the best. The goal of JtE is to get city status. You bring up the sancti empire which is comprised of many different clans that you bought. After that you are "pretty active". Still no one can bring up a point against this post.
"1. Auctions- I always liked the auctions and tons of people showed up for them, this was a good idea by Old_Man_Oak_63 and in the server we could dedicate an area or separate world to host the auction every week. For those of you who do not know what this is it is where players submit items into chests that are stored until the auction. The auctions are sold in lots and the highest bid won the items in the lot.

2. Events- I noticed lately the the JtE staff has been working hard to improve the server with events like the wishing well and the PvP town. As well as the parkour for horse armor I believe. SMP4 did have a few events but I think the creativity of the staff could make some really cool events.

3. Trading- This goes off from the area in which you can set up villagers with emerald trades forgot the name sorry but I was thinking a close idea to this. Basically there would be 5x5 plots that players can buy and they can design their own shops and it would be the place to exchange items. It would be in the main world and it would be one of the few no-pvp zone where players can trade and talk."
which could be added and improve the SMP4 server and make it last longer. No one has an issues with a server like this or have to argue about JtE more.

Dlmt3

Reaction score
I skimmed/read through this entire thread, and I think there are ways to learn from past servers and make a balanced one.

The main issue is always about PvP, getting killed too much, over raiding, not enough raiding so it's not fun, raiding shops (tnt shop in smp4) but the biggest problem most people have with PvP is Enchantments. It comes down to who has the most time to sit in a grinder and enchant Diamond armour to try and get prot4. That isn't fun for anybody, and it seemed to be a reason why previous SMP servers died down.

Now, there are ways you can solve that, like no grinders, but that makes it even worse, because a few people still will grind, it's inevitable. Plus, Prot4 becomes even harder to come across because you have to work for it more. Which makes a lot of people leave the server/become inactive.

So that leaves you with a few options:
A. You can lower the Enchantment levels, maybe making it so you can't get above Prot 2 and Sharp 2 and Power 2 etc etc.
B. You can completely remove enchantments, but that would require a removal of strength potions too, because those would become grossly overpowered. Which ends up with more and more removals etc.
C. You leave them as they are, and give people free levels, like maybe every player gets 30 levels added onto their character and Midnight, it would (most likely) keep people wanting to play, as there wouldn't be only a select few running around with Prot 4, Sharp 4 etc.

Then one more issue, Strength potions are now ridiculously overpowered, and should be nerfed to previous levels of strength added if a new server were to be created. Now, this could potentially solve that area of issue that led to people not being active in SMP4 after a while. Events could still be hosted to make this all better, as this is only one aspect of an SMP server.

Any feedback is appreciated, as this had no prior thought, and I just typed it out in a few minutes, perhaps there are ways to build on this.

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Then, think how long this server will take to make. In 2-7 weeks which Marn said it was more. Then the server will be release so no it is not right after.

The goal of SMP4 was to be the best. The goal of JtE is to get city status. You bring up the sancti empire which is comprised of many different clans that you bought. After that you are "pretty active". Still no one can bring up a point against this post.
My goodness, to my knowledge, Sancti hasn't bought a single entity within the Empire. As far as I'm concerned all of our acquisitions were diplomatic or given in charity. But hey, maybe you know something I don't. ;)

Also, you bring up a good point about us not really being active. I really wish there was some method to check if we had active, helpful players. But hey, that application's already 2 whole weeks old! Perhaps after these two weeks all my members have vanished.

The goal of JtE is to get city status? Who decided that? Sancti Crustulam got City status and we haven't gone anywhere my friend! It's not our fault that we stuck around where others gave up. :p

Also, several points have been made against this. Simply saying that everyone wants to be in a big clan is completely wrong, as you know many of us disagree with you. In fact, the vote is incredibly divided. So yes, points against this post are being brought up. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they aren't valid my friend!

Reactions: Prizyms