SMP [Suggestion/Discussion]

Do you support this server? (Don't vote until 100% sure on either side)

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 18 40.9%

• Total voters

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
Read Before Voting!
The reason behind creating this thread is to suggest and discuss the possibility of a SMP server. Now this server can only be described as a Prim/SMP4 server. Before you are like "but hockey we have JtE" read this entire post before posting/voting. Now I will hit on the key points in this thread.

Map Format/Basic Ideas
This would be an overview of the map.

1. Cities/Towns/Nations
This is the main thing that would be close to prim. Each (CTN) would get a 200x200 area and would be able to build on them. Each city can set up a form of government and set up their own rules/organization of their city but still will have to follow the server rules. At spawn a new player joining can pick a city to join. When one city has too many players compared to the other cities. Then new players will be blocked off from joining that certain city until the numbers even out. If you would like to switch you need you fill a format and it will be decided if you have a valid reason to switch. Your city is the only people allowed to build in your 200x200 area. You can expand pass that either in the war zone or no pvp zone, but the rule is not to take extremely large amounts of areas without building there.Conflict: Every week whoever your town picks (Diplomat, Leader, War Chief Etc.) Meets the other 3 town leaders and take a stance for the week (Ally, Neutral, Enemy) You can also branch of it like "we are neutral with Cookie Empire as long as they give us access to the end portal" There is also a role-play element for people that like role-play. This will feel almost like running a country, aspects for relations include Trade, Land, Resources, Influence, Stance on other nations, and other major aspects of a country.

2. War Zone
The war zone is the diamond shaped area on the map shaded in red (includes cities) The war zone is for fighting wars and expanding your empire. The first few weeks will be relatively quiet in terms of war is my guess because everyone is concerned about building, planning, trusting members with ranks that I doubt anyone would want their nation viewed as extremely aggressive early on. The war zone is like the no PvP zone with resources and expanding. It can be used a lot more ways than just PvP.

3. No PvP Zone
The no PvP zone is a peaceful area and is good for setting up trade routes (horse trails?) and expanding. The area itself is pretty big making up the outer ring of the map. It is also good for more resources and you can also make sub-towns in the war zone or the no PvP zone. That will be an interesting area to see being built. You might be thinking way would not just build in the non-PvP zone vs your city? Well, if someone raids you while you are opening a chest then you have no way of defending yourself from them. In your city you can and it will have a lot of your members in it to help.

Other Information

The map would be a radius of 2000 blocks and it will be normal minecraft terrain. It will be interesting to see the creative aspect of building into mountains or underwater domes. It would be a good idea to limit ocean sizes though because huge oceans can be an issue. Now before you decide to post a comment on the thread, I want you to keep this a discussion and not not insult the players due to their opinions. If you choose to counter something said please counter a paragraph or sector and not single sentences that don't mean much unless in the paragraph. Now after an understanding the server you can now vote on the poll.

Change in topic:
We are now discussing the idea of this
There are some good ideas that worked out with JtE that would work with a server close to SMP4. I will list a few below.

1. Auctions- I always liked the auctions and tons of people showed up for them, this was a good idea by Old_Man_Oak_63 and in the server we could dedicate an area or separate world to host the auction every week. For those of you who do not know what this is it is where players submit items into chests that are stored until the auction. The auctions are sold in lots and the highest bid won the items in the lot.

2. Events- I noticed lately the the JtE staff has been working hard to improve the server with events like the wishing well and the PvP town. As well as the parkour for horse armor I believe. SMP4 did have a few events but I think the creativity of the staff could make some really cool events.

3. Trading- This goes off from the area in which you can set up villagers with emerald trades forgot the name sorry but I was thinking a close idea to this. Basically there would be 5x5 plots that players can buy and they can design their own shops and it would be the place to exchange items. It would be in the main world and it would be one of the few no-pvp zone where players can trade and talk.​

nitasu987

Reaction score
Guys, before this may turn into a crapfest:

Give him a chance. Pleeease? He's really thought this out and from what we talked about it, it's very similar to Primordia, which was great except for the reason it got shut down, which iirc was the mass of Plugins that were either causing problems or not updating fast enough (one of those). I for one liked Primordia, and it was the closest thing Blocktopia had to an RPG Server. Look at lots of the other successful Minecraft Server Communities and you see that a lot of them are either Survival Games, Minigames, or RPG Servers. I know JTE was supposed to be an RPG Server, but imo it's just another smp.

Now, Don't tell me I'm forgetting about Solitude. I LOVE it's concept. It's just that the whole pvp and survival focus is what deters me as I'm in the category of people who aren't that fond of PVP or Survival. It's just that I would honestly like to see a more Medieval RPG Server more like A'therys Ascended or the upcoming Amalthea and Rise of Kings servers. Blocktopia has a massive wealth of creative people, and even if it's not a permanent server, a large-scale Medieval Warfare server with trebuchets, crossbows, etc. would be REALLY cool.

And lastly, it's just a suggestion. I really don't like it how lots of you are so darn mean to Hockey about this stuff and how it turns into such a gigantic crapfest. It's his Idea, and he should be allowed to express it. Heck, maybe I'll throw out some Ideas for servers for once the opportunity arises when Blocktopia is ready to expand.

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
hockey....take my support, you keep earning it

You got my support again. Good luck

Edit: The only thing that scares me about your plan for a new server is the spawn area in the middle of the warzone. Which makes me fear for spawn killers....
I must have forgotten to add that part the spawn is underground and when new players join they choose their town and get teloported there.

And lastly, it's just a suggestion. I really don't like it how lots of you are so darn mean to Hockey about this stuff and how it turns into such a gigantic crapfest. It's his Idea, and he should be allowed to express it. Heck, maybe I'll throw out some Ideas for servers for once the opportunity arises when Blocktopia is ready to expand.
Thank you for posting and also for this people are entitled to their opinions as long as it is not insulting it is fine.

ZombiePineapple

The Hell Raiser
Reaction score
hockey....take my support, you keep earning it

You got my support again. Good luck

Edit: The only thing that scares me about your plan for a new server is the spawn area in the middle of the warzone. Which makes me fear for spawn killers....
I must have forgotten to add that part the spawn is underground and when new players join they choose their town and get teloported there.
oh....then well that takes care of my concern. Again you keep getting my support and I wish you good luck with this suggestion.

• Thank You
Reactions: Hockeyfan1852

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
I'm concerned with the fact that people will again simply just place their houses and valuables in the no-PvP Zone and then just bring their weapons and armor to the PvP zone to fight.
There isn't much incentive to live in the PvP zone, especially when there is no safety, and thus little incentive to be in a big town.
I don't think the no-PvP Zone is a good idea tbh and will just end up in many smaller towns being created that just stay within the no-PvP Zone.
You mentioned
Well, if someone raids you while you are opening a chest then you have no way of defending yourself from them. In your city you can and it will have a lot of your members in it to help.

when this is actually rarely a problem, as defending yourself from raids is as simple as blocking off your chest/closing the door behind you and blocking it.

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
I don't see any need for this with solitude. Sure you miss some normal minecraft stuff but still. JtE gives solitude its own thing, and Solitude gives JtE its own thing. No reason for a new SMP instead of trying to fix the one we have for once.
The only thing that brought any players to JtE since two months ago was the wars and they are over and the player count is low. JtE has nothing more to offer that players would be interested in. This server work for all player types though Defiant makes a good point about the no-pvp zone.
I'm concerned with the fact that people will again simply just place their houses and valuables in the no-PvP Zone and then just bring their weapons and armor to the PvP zone to fight.
There isn't much incentive to live in the PvP zone, especially when there is no safety, and thus little incentive to be in a big town.
I don't think the no-PvP Zone is a good idea tbh and will just end up in many smaller towns being created that just stay within the no-PvP Zone.
You mentioned
Well, if someone raids you while you are opening a chest then you have no way of defending yourself from them. In your city you can and it will have a lot of your members in it to help.
when this is actually rarely a problem, as defending yourself from raids is as simple as blocking off your chest/closing the door behind you and blocking it.
This is a good point and it might be a good idea then to remove the no-pvp zone.

• Disagree
Reactions: DaniGrenade

Pikmon2

Reaction score
I don't see any need for this with solitude. Sure you miss some normal minecraft stuff but still. JtE gives solitude its own thing, and Solitude gives JtE its own thing. No reason for a new SMP instead of trying to fix the one we have for once.
The only thing that brought any players to JtE since two months ago was the wars and they are over and the player count is low. JtE has nothing more to offer that players would be interested in. This server work for all player types though Defiant makes a good point about the no-pvp zone.
instead of trying to fix the one we have for once.

update it. Make a news post about it. When an MMO gets a low player count for awhile, do they just say "screw it new game"? No. They work on adding stuff to the current game and advertise it more (in this case I mostly mean on here with updates ect.) It's like if I said "AoD has had low players for a week let's get rid of it and make a new AoD server". Now does that make any sense? No.

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score

update it. Make a news post about it. When an MMO gets a low player count for awhile, do they just say "screw it new game"? No. They work on adding stuff to the current game and advertise it more (in this case I mostly mean on here with updates ect.) It's like if I said "AoD has had low players for a week let's get rid of it and make a new AoD server". Now does that make any sense? No.
This is a SMP server not AoD there are abandoned towns and players don't know what else there is to work on. There is no point in gathering resources and expanding for no reason.

Txboy1234

Reaction score
If there weren't X-rayers then I could say this would be pointless. But with X-rayers this seems possibly a good add to the server. We all know there are since we have had hidden chest found by others (multiple chest at that). I am hesitant to even have a chest around my place for this reason. Why put iron and stuff in a chest when it will probably be found?

I like this

• Confusing
Reactions: Hockeyfan1852

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
If there weren't X-rayers then I could say this would be pointless. But with X-rayers this seems possibly a good add to the server. We all know there are since we have had hidden chest found by others (multiple chest at that). I am hesitant to even have a chest around my place for this reason. Why put iron and stuff in a chest when it will probably be found?

I like this
Is that referring to Solitude?

Pikmon2

Reaction score

This is a SMP server not AoD there are abandoned towns and players don't know what else there is to work on. There is no point in gathering resources and expanding for no reason.

Please also respond to that instead of taking half of what I say and ignoring the rest. There could be reasons, if you would think of some ideas for JtE and not just say "no there is nothing." There are things. Think outside the box. Think about it at all. There are many things to help JtE that could make it unique, like new plugins, new realms, ect. You can't just say "there is no reason to build more and I will not think of any so we need SMP". If you could come up with a reason of why there "needs" to be a new SMP instead of adding new feature and expanding upon JtE, go ahead.

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score

Please also respond to that instead of taking half of what I say and ignoring the rest. There could be reasons, if you would think of some ideas for JtE and not just say "no there is nothing." There are things. Think outside the box. Think about it at all. There are many things to help JtE that could make it unique, like new plugins, new realms, ect. You can't just say "there is no reason to build more and I will not think of any so we need SMP". If you could come up with a reason of why there "needs" to be a new SMP instead of adding new feature and expanding upon JtE, go ahead.
This server has more potential. It promotes people working together on major projects from building to raiding. It balances types of players and there has yet to be a comment about issues with the server besides Defiant's post.

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Firstly I am in complete support of a new SMP server, at least a new map. JtE was a great run, believe me, I know. But we need new life and a new map would certainly do it! I would also like to see official rules to clarify colonies. It's understandable that they've not been decided yet, I doubt anyone could've foreseen the existence and incorporation of them, but onto my main point.

I'm completely against these strict regulations on clans. Now I know how it's going to sound from the leader of JtE's biggest clan, fair enough. Sure, I am the leader of Sancti, but I'm also JtE's one-and-only Mayor. Believe me when I say I understand settlements. Of course a system like this would hurt a huge clan like Sancti. But Sancti's not going to the next map. I'm certainly not leading any huge clan, it's exhausting! If anything, I'm going to make a town like Fisk that's just for fun. I love the system settlements like Port Fisk set up because they're really just there to have fun, and that's what I want my next settlement to be about.

What bothers me about this system is that clans would instantly have players joining them. They wouldn't need to bother with recruitment. Hell, if a clan works really hard with recruitment they actually get punished for it in this system by getting their recruitment portal shut off. I think the Darwinian model here in JtE worked really well. Sancti may have the most members, but we're in no way undisputed. I think we can all agree that if a superpower like Sancti did rise up in the next map, enough people could band together to defeat them. I believe that to be a successful clan, you have to really work for your members, and that includes recruitment. If we put tight controls on how clans work people aren't going to work as hard to keep their members around. After all, they'd have a portal plunked right in front of spawn! Why advertise your settlement, people are going to eventually have to join.

I feel as if we should have an open, free-spirited system similar to SMP 4 or JtE. Here's the thing about the methods clans use in JtE: when I first started Sancti, we were 9 people on an island with a cake. We weren't as big as CTY, we weren't as powerful as Snowfall, and we weren't as productive as Crucia, not by a long shot. But through hard work and perhaps a bit of luck Sancti got to where it is today. Any clan could, and still can, achieve what Sancti accomplished. That's the beauty of our current system; it rewards hard work. Consider the example of Wisteria, a settlement that practically formed overnight, and is now applying for City! They've gone toe-to-toe with a clan of over 250 people and they didn't even lose the overall war! They got to where they are because they worked their fingers to the bone, and they rightfully earned their status and power within the server. And that's the whole thing: power and affluence goes to the clans who work the hardest. Let's also consider the example of Snowfall and Crucia, two cities that ended up dying. The problem here was that they didn't want to work at it anymore, and they slowly faded away.

Let me also address some counterpoints:

1. New settlements can't prosper late in the game
Both Oceanus as well as Wisteria is an excellent examples of this. And if given more time, I'm confident new settlements like Aotearoa and Terra Aurum could rise up into superpowers.

2. Lazy clans would still be penalized in the new system via lack of activity/productivity
Perhaps this is true, but a lazy clan should never be rewarded for its laziness with new members. If anything, we'd potentially be throwing new players into the most empty/inactive clan. Once they see the inactivity they'd get bored, and since this method makes transferring difficult, they'd likely just stop playing.

3. Ineffective/Bad leaders can be replaced and voted out, unlike the current system
This is more of a boundaries issue. When I left Blocktopia, control of the Empire was completely in the hands of my 3 Dukes. They didn't need to restore my position upon request, but a majority vote on their behalf did. In our current system, bad leaders can simply be ignored. Players can just leave that settlement, or take a few friends with them and start a village! Crucia is a good example, being the most fractured settlement in our history.

4. We can still fix up JtE, there's no need for a new server
Minecraft isn't like Runescape or LoL, it's not something you can just update every now and then and it'll be fine. There are resources and settlements and land being blocked. Not to mention that Sancti, even though I love it, is stifling the server by having a ton of members. (Yes I will admit this.)

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
Firstly I am in complete support of a new SMP server, at least a new map. JtE was a great run, believe me, I know. But we need new life and a new map would certainly do it! I would also like to see official rules to clarify colonies. It's understandable that they've not been decided yet, I doubt anyone could've foreseen the existence and incorporation of them, but onto my main point.

I'm completely against these strict regulations on clans. Now I know how it's going to sound from the leader of JtE's biggest clan, fair enough. Sure, I am the leader of Sancti, but I'm also JtE's one-and-only Mayor. Believe me when I say I understand settlements. Of course a system like this would hurt a huge clan like Sancti. But Sancti's not going to the next map. I'm certainly not leading any huge clan, it's exhausting! If anything, I'm going to make a town like Fisk that's just for fun. I love the system settlements like Port Fisk set up because they're really just there to have fun, and that's what I want my next settlement to be about.

What bothers me about this system is that clans would instantly have players joining them. They wouldn't need to bother with recruitment. Hell, if a clan works really hard with recruitment they actually get punished for it in this system by getting their recruitment portal shut off. I think the Darwinian model here in JtE worked really well. Sancti may have the most members, but we're in no way undisputed. I think we can all agree that if a superpower like Sancti did rise up in the next map, enough people could band together to defeat them. I believe that to be a successful clan, you have to really work for your members, and that includes recruitment. If we put tight controls on how clans work people aren't going to work as hard to keep their members around. After all, they'd have a portal plunked right in front of spawn! Why advertise your settlement, people are going to eventually have to join.

I feel as if we should have an open, free-spirited system similar to SMP 4 or JtE. Here's the thing about the methods clans use in JtE: when I first started Sancti, we were 9 people on an island with a cake. We weren't as big as CTY, we weren't as powerful as Snowfall, and we weren't as productive as Crucia, not by a long shot. But through hard work and perhaps a bit of luck Sancti got to where it is today. Any clan could, and still can, achieve what Sancti accomplished. That's the beauty of our current system; it rewards hard work. Consider the example of Wisteria, a settlement that practically formed overnight, and is now applying for City! They've gone toe-to-toe with a clan of over 250 people and they didn't even lose the overall war! They got to where they are because they worked their fingers to the bone, and they rightfully earned their status and power within the server. And that's the whole thing: power and affluence goes to the clans who work the hardest. Let's also consider the example of Snowfall and Crucia, two cities that ended up dying. The problem here was that they didn't want to work at it anymore, and they slowly faded away.
The system is not very strict, blocking recruitment will balance towns better. JtE's clan system was very strict. You had to apply to get a clan and apply to get a higher status then when you hit city there is nothing to accomplish. This server will have a lot of creativity with this format. People will work for ranks with in a clan (Head Architect etc.) towns would have pride and work with other city people to become the best clan possible. There will be competition and we will see cities that would not have been built in JtE.

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
The system is not very strict, blocking recruitment will balance towns better. JtE's clan system was very strict. You had to apply to get a clan and apply to get a higher status then when you hit city there is nothing to accomplish. This server will have a lot of creativity with this format. People will work for ranks with in a clan (Head Architect etc.) towns would have pride and work with other city people to become the best clan possible. There will be competition and we will see cities that would not have been built in JtE.
I don't think we need/ought to forcefully balance settlements. The applications gave incentives for hard work, but it also let settlements keep their independence. I want to lead a settlement/clan next map. Do I want to lead a huge clan that's fighting and has a million different ranks? Certainly not, and I'm sure I'm not the only one! Quite a few of us really just want to go build small settlements and not be bothered with everyone else's politics.

Also there was plenty of competition in JtE, from the Snowfall-Crucia Conflicts to Wold War Elysium. Outside of actual fighting we had raiding and membership rivalries, trying to keep your players together via organization and events. I haven't hit a single player in JtE, but I've certainly participated in some competition! The race for Second City is a good example of peaceful competition.

And I'd say that everyone from the newest village to Sancti itself can take pride in the work they do. You don't need a big group to be proud of your work!

• Agree
Reactions: Enderfive

_4_

Reaction score
I wish we could just have as close to vanilla as possible smp server. I really can't stand all these plugins and "clans" they're kinda stupid to me lol. Plus if Jte's going to get a new map or if this server would actually go live (which I support but don't think it'll happen) but it'd have to be after the new terrain update of course.

But yeah I'd play Jte just it's got too many plugins and I hate factions.

This idea is cool though I like how people choose what team but Im more in favour to a "clean" vanilla like server.