SMP [Suggestion/Discussion]

Do you support this server? (Don't vote until 100% sure on either side)

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 18 40.9%

• Total voters

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
The system is not very strict, blocking recruitment will balance towns better. JtE's clan system was very strict. You had to apply to get a clan and apply to get a higher status then when you hit city there is nothing to accomplish. This server will have a lot of creativity with this format. People will work for ranks with in a clan (Head Architect etc.) towns would have pride and work with other city people to become the best clan possible. There will be competition and we will see cities that would not have been built in JtE.
I don't think we need/ought to forcefully balance settlements. The applications gave incentives for hard work, but it also let settlements keep their independence. I want to lead a settlement/clan next map. Do I want to lead a huge clan that's fighting and has a million different ranks? Certainly not, and I'm sure I'm not the only one! Quite a few of us really just want to go build small settlements and not be bothered with everyone else's politics.

Also there was plenty of competition in JtE, from the Snowfall-Crucia Conflicts to Wold War Elysium. Outside of actual fighting we had raiding and membership rivalries, trying to keep your players together via organization and events. I haven't hit a single player in JtE, but I've certainly participated in some competition! The race for Second City is a good example of peaceful competition.

And I'd say that everyone from the newest village to Sancti itself can take pride in the work they do. You don't need a big group to be proud of your work!
You will feel like you are a part of something, you can divide the leadership up (North, South, East, West, Underground etc.) You will have a higher appreciation for the work you put into the city as well as the work other people put into the city. There are so many options and ways you can run your city and the players choose how you shape it. You can create sub-towns off the cities and establish ways of transportation to them. The players can build their own projects and be creative as they would like. The JtE conflicts were pretty weak anyone last map knows this there was no real fighting. Also Sancti did something that I explained about being creative with your town to protect citizens and that would be the Sancti Secure Nether Network. The race for the 2nd city example would translate into which city can be the best and work on their buildings, size, and fighting to prove themselves.

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
The system is not very strict, blocking recruitment will balance towns better. JtE's clan system was very strict. You had to apply to get a clan and apply to get a higher status then when you hit city there is nothing to accomplish. This server will have a lot of creativity with this format. People will work for ranks with in a clan (Head Architect etc.) towns would have pride and work with other city people to become the best clan possible. There will be competition and we will see cities that would not have been built in JtE.
I don't think we need/ought to forcefully balance settlements. The applications gave incentives for hard work, but it also let settlements keep their independence. I want to lead a settlement/clan next map. Do I want to lead a huge clan that's fighting and has a million different ranks? Certainly not, and I'm sure I'm not the only one! Quite a few of us really just want to go build small settlements and not be bothered with everyone else's politics.

Also there was plenty of competition in JtE, from the Snowfall-Crucia Conflicts to Wold War Elysium. Outside of actual fighting we had raiding and membership rivalries, trying to keep your players together via organization and events. I haven't hit a single player in JtE, but I've certainly participated in some competition! The race for Second City is a good example of peaceful competition.

And I'd say that everyone from the newest village to Sancti itself can take pride in the work they do. You don't need a big group to be proud of your work!
You will feel like you are a part of something, you can divide the leadership up (North, South, East, West, Underground etc.) You will have a higher appreciation for the work you put into the city as well as the work other people put into the city. There are so many options and ways you can run your city and the players choose how you shape it. You can create sub-towns off the cities and establish ways of transportation to them. The players can build their own projects and be creative as they would like. The JtE conflicts were pretty weak anyone last map knows this there was no real fighting. Also Sancti did something that I explained about being creative with your town to protect citizens and that would be the Sancti Secure Nether Network. The race for the 2nd city example would translate into which city can be the best and work on their buildings, size, and fighting to prove themselves.
We can already shape our city, divide up leadership, have projects, and have smaller settlements subservient to larger ones. How I run Sancti is probably completely different from how jackamel runs CTY. Nearly everything you stated is something that could already happen with our current system! The only thing that would change is we'd force everyone to either participate in the big clans or not have any clan involvement at all. This system is great for people who enjoy big clans and want to participate in wars and diplomacy and whatnot. Even my smaller settlement will be involved in politics a little. But not everyone wants to join huge clans. Look at Camelot or Port Fisk, they've both been villages since the beginning of the server, and they're quite happy to stay there! It's great to have that diplomacy and politics, don't get me wrong. It's just not for everyone. Sure, you may argue that not everyone has to be involved with politics just because they're part of a big clan, but when World War Elysium broke out, it wasn't only the leaders getting killed! I can cite at least 5 Nomads/Settlers who, while having no leadership or knowledge of the course/purpose of the war, were killed due to them being members of a clan.

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score

We can already shape our city, divide up leadership, have projects, and have smaller settlements subservient to larger ones. How I run Sancti is probably completely different from how jackamel runs CTY. Nearly everything you stated is something that could already happen with our current system! The only thing that would change is we'd force everyone to either participate in the big clans or not have any clan involvement at all. This system is great for people who enjoy big clans and want to participate in wars and diplomacy and whatnot. Even my smaller settlement will be involved in politics a little. But not everyone wants to join huge clans. Look at Camelot or Port Fisk, they've both been villages since the beginning of the server, and they're quite happy to stay there! It's great to have that diplomacy and politics, don't get me wrong. It's just not for everyone. Sure, you may argue that not everyone has to be involved with politics just because they're part of a big clan, but when World War Elysium broke out, it wasn't only the leaders getting killed! I can cite at least 5 Nomads/Settlers who, while having no leadership or knowledge of the course/purpose of the war, were killed due to them being members of a clan.
I was trying to round the gameplay to suit everyone. We all know what would happen if I suggested a server like SMP4.

• Informative
Reactions: Undefined User 7

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
I would only really consider this as a possible server if blocktopia were to consider running two different smp servers simultaneously( i could be wrong but i don't think our numbers support this), also i have to agree with biblius a bit here as he does raise some pretty good points , and i've seen clans run like hockey is describing within jte, and to be honest, the freedom has worked pretty well. not to mention i could just see us running new players into clan with inactive leadership thus causing nobody to know what's going on and just chaos reigning over towns. I'll admit though I've seen some flaws in our current system, as I've seen entire towns or villages disappear off the map dragging a lot of regularly active members with them as they got bored when the town quickly went inactive. interesting to discuss though.

Reactions: Undefined User 7

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I honestly love faction anarchy servers. I don't play on many different servers at all (I belong to exactly 2 communities), but I do try something different once in a while. Two faction servers I liked quite a bit; the first was implemented both the Towny and Factions plugins, which usually counteract each other, and yet they worked it all out nicely. The peaceful, diplomatic, etcetera clans could form a city using Towny, and the warlike clans could form a faction, expanding their stronghold by dominating other factions. This unique setup turned out to be quite a lot of fun. The other, second server was a total anarchy server, with factions tossed in on the top. Basically what anarchy servers entail is that griefing, killing, raiding, and stealing are all permitted, the one rule is there there are none (besides respect etc). The total anarchy made it interesting, and you had to trust your faction greatly. In essence, it was similar to Solitude, but on a relatively normal world. Both servers were relatively fun and has interesting concepts. Factions can be barrels of fun if they do it right.

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
So, then what if we dropped the town system and went to anyone can create a clan. Full map PvP like SMP4 then.

I've played many towny servers, and in my opinion systems where anyone can create a town or group usually ends up in many towns that aren't pretty or well themed, town applications in my opinion are something jte did well

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
So, then what if we dropped the town system and went to anyone can create a clan. Full map PvP like SMP4 then.

I've played many towny servers, and in my opinion systems where anyone can create a town or group usually ends up in many towns that aren't pretty or well themed, town applications in my opinion are something jte did well
The town system in JtE was bad. Creating your own clan last map was a better system as for the suggestion I wanted to try something new for a suggestion because I saw how people seem to like prim.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score

The town system in JtE was bad. Creating your own clan last map was a better system as for the suggestion I wanted to try something new for a suggestion because I saw how people seem to like prim.
How is the JtE town system bad?

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
How is the JtE town system bad?
He may either be refering to town protection, or maybe the thing that way too many clans go this way.
Founded>Having fun>trying to get a rank>gets rank>is happy for a bit>inactive

nitasu987

Reaction score
JTE Town is bad imho because you have to build an aesthetically pleasing city. It is SMP, right? You don't go building, you survive. I'd understand if there was actual RPG in it, and there was Lore and such. I think what should happen if we had some sort of Faction/Rpg server would be Pre-built cities, quests, wars, diplomacy, etc. I honestly disagree with JTE's Town system mainly because it's just not geared how I generally though an SMP Server was supposed to be. Guess I was dead wrong

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
JTE Town is bad imho because you have to build an aesthetically pleasing city. It is SMP, right? You don't go building, you survive. I'd understand if there was actual RPG in it, and there was Lore and such. I think what should happen if we had some sort of Faction/Rpg server would be Pre-built cities, quests, wars, diplomacy, etc. I honestly disagree with JTE's Town system mainly because it's just not geared how I generally though an SMP Server was supposed to be. Guess I was dead wrong
The current system lets you have no creativity look at Sancti (You can only build with jungle wood etc.) Just so you can apply for a city. Then when a town becomes a city the members have no other goals and leave. I not really a fan of RPG but this server would work well for it and pre-built cities would take away the survival aspect of the server and would make it less fun.

nitasu987

Reaction score
A curious question: If JtE's map was reset and towns we're made as ya'll suggest, what would thoughts be on it?

Depends if it's good, there's good lore, quests, (The cities have to be good too) and some playable races and/or classes would be nice. Oh and the map. It needs to at least be on par with BB's previous terrain worlds. And it needs to be able to stick to a set era/theme (ex: Medieval) and there really should be a good reason why I should play it. If it's similar to the other servers I've previously mentioned in an earlier post to this thread (I don't play on them because they aren't totally for me), then I will give it a go!

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
A curious question: If JtE's map was reset and towns we're made as ya'll suggest, what would thoughts be on it?
The map would also need to include a war zone or just go all PvP. I honestly thought this idea would be more popular due to the fact of it incorporating pieces of Prim/SMP/JtE.
If we were going to do anything, maybe increase the PvP zone borders? We have several towns/people living in the PvP zone currently, so its not like it isn't used ;p

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
The map would also need to include a war zone or just go all PvP. I honestly thought this idea would be more popular due to the fact of it incorporating pieces of Prim/SMP/JtE.
If we were going to do anything, maybe increase the PvP zone borders? We have several towns/people living in the PvP zone currently, so its not like it isn't used ;p
That would solve the issue defiant brought up earlier. So, it would be all PvP with the 4 towns then or would you suggest a system close to last map then?

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
That would solve the issue defiant brought up earlier. So, it would be all PvP with the 4 towns then or would you suggest a system close to last map then?
What -I'm- suggesting is continuing JtE and fixing the issues we have and then resetting the map!

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
What -I'm- suggesting is continuing JtE and fixing the issues we have and then resetting the map!
JtE is done, hardly anyone is going to want to come back. It took too long for a refresh and the numbers showed it. Time needs to start being investing into working on a new server not trying to make JtE last forever with a low playerbase.

storm886

Reaction score
Hockeyfan Vs Pikmon Round 2: SMP :p

Anyways.... I'm pretty sure everyone knows my opinion from my last thread about this. Lol. I am not too sure about the idea you've proposed Hockeyfan. There really isn't any incentive to live in the PvP zone. People would just crowd to the Non-PvP like JtE. I have to agree with _4_, I miss the vanilla days where it was all PvP and you could create your clan on the spot. Oh well...... what can we do about it? Nothing. It is all up to superstein and the rest of the higher staff. Also the poll means nothing to the higher staff. (Trust me I have experience in these types of threads. XD)

• Haha
Reactions: Hockeyfan1852

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
Hockeyfan Vs Pikmon Round 2: SMP :p

Anyways.... I'm pretty sure everyone knows my opinion from my last thread about this. Lol. I am not too sure about the idea you've proposed Hockeyfan. There really isn't any incentive to live in the PvP zone. People would just crowd to the Non-PvP like JtE. I have to agree with _4_, I miss the vanilla days where it was all PvP and you could create your clan on the spot. Oh well...... what can we do about it? Nothing. It is all up to superstein and the rest of the higher staff. Also the poll means nothing to the higher staff. (Trust me I have experience in these types of threads. XD)
I always have a backup plan, but hopefully we can get this suggestion or something like SMP4 with trades etc.