Republic - Completed

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Do you agree, disagree?

Me thinks you avoided bringing attention to it because you're in kahoots with notty and wanted it to be forgotten
Ah yes I thought by me not answering you about something entirely irrelevant to me would make everyone completely forget about it, as is how the human mind works

No I don't disagree, nor do I care who claims first because the order of who claims in a massclaim doesn't matter

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Do you agree, disagree?

Me thinks you avoided bringing attention to it because you're in kahoots with notty and wanted it to be forgotten
Ah yes I thought by me not answering you about something entirely irrelevant to me would make everyone completely forget about it, as is how the human mind works

No I don't disagree, nor do I care who claims first because the order of who claims in a massclaim doesn't matter

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
And yet you've still failed to provide w logical reason as to why you have that opinion
You can argue with hunter later, I am here. I am asking YOU a question.

answer me.

Do you agree, disagree?

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
And yet you've still failed to provide w logical reason as to why you have that opinion
Because revealing everyone's role game start is silly and defeats the point of the game.

The massclaiming idea has merit, but is equally as effective if done day two, three, or any point in the game.

Keeping roles hidden has the advantage of maf and rev being almost at the level of the rest of town, information-wise, as I believe Unusual_Dood mentioned.

• Disagree
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com

Are you fucking dense

and with notty's post about how one mislynch could result in town losing, couldn't the same be said for dictator night kill? We wouldn't even know to adapt and change our play style if it were as dictator kills show no alignment or role info. It also iirc didn't give a scenario where the revolutionary would be lynched/nightkilled which is entirely possible.
this point is a great reason not to go the dictator route.

Besides, last game you admitted dictator would be disastrous for town, so why have you 180'd on that opinion again seemingly just because notty said it.

• Informative
Reactions: Hunter

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Also it has nothing to do with this.

As I said in the post if notty is proven town it makes her suggested strategy far more trustworthy as there may not be some hidden flaw or tactic that she wishes to exploit LIKE LAST GAME.

• Agree

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Because revealing everyone's role game start is silly and defeats the point of the game.

The massclaiming idea has merit, but is equally as effective if done day two, three, or any point in the game.

Keeping roles hidden has the advantage of maf and rev being almost at the level of the rest of town, information-wise, as I believe Unusual_Dood mentioned.
No It isn't equally effective because we waste lynches if we don't do it from the start

You can argue with hunter later, I am here. I am asking YOU a question.

answer me.
I literally did
Are you fucking dense

this point is a great reason not to go the dictator route.

Besides, last game you admitted dictator would be disastrous for town, so why have you 180'd on that opinion again seemingly just because notty said it.
Oh sorry I didn't see this, I still can't even find it but my internet is terrible righ now (I'm underground so my posts keep sending twice) but no, it doesn't matter if we don't know allignment, we keep lynchin in civ claims until the game ends, we don need to know

• Agree
Reactions: Nottykitten

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Oh sorry I didn't see this, I still can't even find it but my internet is terrible righ now (I'm underground so my posts keep sending twice) but no, it doesn't matter if we don't know allignment, we keep lynchin in civ claims until the game ends, we don need to know
Ok so we follow Notty's plan through and just hope we get lucky with that 61% statistic she gave us? I mean firstly why even play mafia when you can just use a fucking online calculator to tell us who wins the game and secondly if we actually PLAY the game and don't make stupid mistakes like...idk how town is supposed to win we will have a much higher chance of winning than putting it to mostly blind luck.

• Agree

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I think I’m fine with going either way with democracy or autocracy, I am not quite sure which is the best alternative so..

Mass claim on d1 seems stupid. I would be surprised if the game was designed so that our best course of action at D1 would be viable.

I’m more interested in who we chose for council, no matter if we are planning autocracy or democracy.

• Agree

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Ok so we follow Notty's plan through and just hope we get lucky with that 61% statistic she gave us? I mean firstly why even play mafia when you can just use a fucking online calculator to tell us who wins the game and secondly if we actually PLAY the game and don't make stupid mistakes like...idk how town is supposed to win we will have a much higher chance of winning than putting it to mostly blind luck.
Aqua it's not just blind luck, it's just as much reliant on luck as any other tactic in that we have to lynch fairly well, this is the same regardless of the tactic we employ or this game.
The key is that this tactic gives us the best chance. We don't just lunch based on RNG either we use our intuition within the smaller pool
Of players

• Optimistic
Reactions: Aqua and Hunter

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
And the reason I've changed my opinion on dictator is because I realize now how we can't win unless we do it

I feel like everyone's completely ignoring Notty's post where she shows exactly that
the post doesn't imply the death of the revolutionary and is just an assumption of how effective mafia are compared with town's doctor or assassin role.

Remember last game when mafia nightkills kept getting doctored or blocked?

that.

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I think I’m fine with going either way with democracy or autocracy, I am not quite sure which is the best alternative so..

Mass claim on d1 seems stupid. I would be surprised if the game was designed so that our best course of action at D1 would be viable.

I’m more interested in who we chose for council, no matter if we are planning autocracy or democracy.
Couldn't have said it better myself, we need to decide on a council regardless.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Aqua it's not just blind luck, it's just as much reliant on luck as any other tactic in that we have to lynch fairly well, this is the same regardless of the tactic we employ or this game.
The key is that this tactic gives us the best chance. We don't just lunch based on RNG either we use our intuition within the smaller pool
Of players
mostly blind luck.