Republic - Completed

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Thing is if they do that then Mafia can know which villager the monitor is going on and can swap them and granny and get another extra kill
yeah but its a matter or priorities as to whether the mafia value killing the dictator/doctor/anyone else over the monitor

i think it's more effective than letting them go through the villager list randomly atleast

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
Because the dictator won't know who to kill otherwise
I think it is a bad idea to out all our PRs, making most of them useless and force the dictator to kill, just because we have let there be no time to 'check' if a player is town or not by killing the assissin. If we dont massclaim, the dictator isn't forced to kill a player, since we will still have 2 kills to use, so the dictator can instead figure out what role the subpoeaned have/if he is suspicious and should be killed. If the subpoenaed lies, either the assassin or town can kill him. The roles of people will be useful and we also allow the possibility of rev killing mafias or mafias killing rev, which has for instance has a 32% chance of happening with the current number tonight.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I think it is a bad idea to out all our PRs, making most of them useless and force the dictator to kill, just because we have let there be no time to 'check' if a player is town or not by killing the assissin. If we dont massclaim, the dictator isn't forced to kill a player, since we will still have 2 kills to use, so the dictator can instead figure out what role the subpoeaned have/if he is suspicious and should be killed. If the subpoenaed lies, either the assassin or town can kill him. The roles of people will be useful and we also allow the possibility of rev killing mafias or mafias killing rev, which has for instance has a 32% chance of happening with the current number tonight.
If we don't madd claim our chances of killing Mafia are reduced significantly because we have a 7/26 chance of killin Mafia instead of a 6/13 chance

Bearing in mind Notty's post about how kills play out for us unless we lynch almost perfectly, it's gonna be highly unlikely we win if we don't at least narrow down the pool of Mafia by a lot

Also you say that Rev will be more likely to kill Mafia if we don't mass claim but Rev will likely want to kill Mafia since if all Mafia die asap he wins + has a chance to kill the dictator if the Mafia busser is dead, so as far as I can see the Rev wants to kill Mafia in an autocracy and so will likely help us more in a 7/12 scenario than a 7/25 scenario

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
yeah but its a matter or priorities as to whether the mafia value killing the dictator/doctor/anyone else over the monitor

i think it's more effective than letting them go through the villager list randomly atleast
Well they can still kill doctor/dictator, but if they know who's visiting who they can get an extra bonus kill on the monitor

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
If we don't madd claim our chances of killing Mafia are reduced significantly because we have a 7/26 chance of killin Mafia instead of a 6/13 chance

Bearing in mind Notty's post about how kills play out for us unless we lynch almost perfectly, it's gonna be highly unlikely we win if we don't at least narrow down the pool of Mafia by a lot

Also you say that Rev will be more likely to kill Mafia if we don't mass claim but Rev will likely want to kill Mafia since if all Mafia die asap he wins + has a chance to kill the dictator if the Mafia busser is dead, so as far as I can see the Rev wants to kill Mafia in an autocracy and so will likely help us more in a 7/12 scenario than a 7/25 scenario
7/13* not 6/13, I'm on mobile so I'm not gonna cut the quote down but yeah

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Well they can still kill doctor/dictator, but if they know who's visiting who they can get an extra bonus kill on the monitor
Alao I completely forgot but we can just get people to say once they've been monitored the next day so tha would make monitor actually useful but also stop them from bein bussed to death

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Plus monitor can just tell us after each night who they monitored since they'll be claimed

And on the night they die, if they visited an inno last, that person can claim they were targeted (although if this person dies Mafia could claim this so this won't be that reliable but it won't be that reliable anyway since some villagers appear as Mafia)

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
True, but we will have 3 kills instead of 2 kills, we will have quite a lot of PRs that can be used (also the court meeting cop mechanic) and mafias will coordinate much worse. The chances of us hitting mafia will also increase fast.

That was when town only had one kill. If we go for autocracy without massclaiming we will have a total of 3 kills, which if we play perfectly can be won almost immidietly, so we would still have time for mislynches and dictator subpoenaing PRs..

Also you say that Rev will be more likely to kill Mafia if we don't mass claim
I didn't say it was more likely. Also, how the rev plays is completly induvidual, so assuming they will kill mafias and therefore will be more likely to kill mafias than when we havent massclaimed is a bad idea.

• Agree
Reactions: Hunter

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
So I've only just got home and quickly caught up to the best of my ability on everything tho I'm shattered af.

Since the number of "useful" town PRs in this game is rather small and I believe it would be unlikely for notty to suggest this plan as a civilian as it could result in her being lynched early on and as an avid mafia player I'm sure she wouldn't want that, I'd like Nottykitten to claim.

As she mentioned earlier with her plan from the previous game, there were some counterplays for mafia that she had thought of when suggesting the idea. This could be the same in this game with some big hole in her plan that townies are over looking that she wants to exploit.

Also as per usual with massclaims those who suggest it should always claim first and this would solidify her as a proven townie if she were to claim pr and be uncc'd.

-----------

Also I feel I might be missing something but wouldn't installing a dictator everyday would support a revolutionary victory? With 2 pr's dying every night it's not too unlikely for us to be stuck without a doctor and the revolutionary still at large killing the dictator every night.

and with notty's post about how one mislynch could result in town losing, couldn't the same be said for dictator night kill? We wouldn't even know to adapt and change our play style if it were as dictator kills show no alignment or role info. It also iirc didn't give a scenario where the revolutionary would be lynched/nightkilled which is entirely possible.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
True, but we will have 3 kills instead of 2 kills, we will have quite a lot of PRs that can be used (also the court meeting cop mechanic) and mafias will coordinate much worse. The chances of us hitting mafia will also increase fast.

That was when town only had one kill. If we go for autocracy without massclaiming we will have a total of 3 kills, which if we play perfectly can be won almost immidietly, so we would still have time for mislynches and dictator subpoenaing PRs..

I didn't say it was more likely. Also, how the rev plays is completly induvidual, so assuming they will kill mafias and therefore will be more likely to kill mafias than when we havent massclaimed is a bad idea.
3 kills without having any idea of where the Mafia are could easily result in 6 town deaths per cycle

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
So I've only just got home and quickly caught up to the best of my ability on everything tho I'm shattered af.

Since the number of "useful" town PRs in this game is rather small and I believe it would be unlikely for notty to suggest this plan as a civilian as it could result in her being lynched early on and as an avid mafia player I'm sure she wouldn't want that, I'd like Nottykitten to claim.

As she mentioned earlier with her plan from the previous game, there were some counterplays for mafia that she had thought of when suggesting the idea. This could be the same in this game with some big hole in her plan that townies are over looking that she wants to exploit.

Also as per usual with massclaims those who suggest it should always claim first and this would solidify her as a proven townie if she were to claim pr and be uncc'd.

-----------

Also I feel I might be missing something but wouldn't installing a dictator everyday would support a revolutionary victory? With 2 pr's dying every night it's not too unlikely for us to be stuck without a doctor and the revolutionary still at large killing the dictator every night.

and with notty's post about how one mislynch could result in town losing, couldn't the same be said for dictator night kill? We wouldn't even know to adapt and change our play style if it were as dictator kills show no alignment or role info. It also iirc didn't give a scenario where the revolutionary would be lynched/nightkilled which is entirely possible.
The Mafia don't want a Rev vic either so they'll no doubt be using their bus driver or doctor on the final dictator, but if they're dead then yeah Rev could easily kill dictator which could be disasterous (although if our watcher is alive and it's our second dictator we can discover who Rev is before they win)

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
I'd also say that if we went with the massclaiming idea, it had be better to do it tomorrow as we get a lynch before the night starts, and mafias/rev might kill citizens which will decrease the pool of suspects when we massclaim.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
The Mafia don't want a Rev vic either so they'll no doubt be using their bus driver or doctor on the final dictator, but if they're dead then yeah Rev could easily kill dictator which could be disasterous (although if our watcher is alive and it's our second dictator we can discover who Rev is before they win)
Why did you ignore the main part of the post and the other point I made :thinking:

• Agree
Reactions: Hunter