Republic - Completed

Sploorky

Reaction score
I think the rigidness of a full autocracy/full democracy plan is going to screw the town over more than anything. I don't think it's good to flip to a dictatorship immediately. Why not try to set up a town lead democracy, if things turn sour(too many night kills, council starts to look imbalanced, etc) we flip to autocracy and make the most of it. Ooglie is right in saying that we're not playing a full percentages game, we can use social cues to weed out who is anti-town.

Also Notty is vibing town to me, she actually has conviction this game, she's not sat
Back
Notty has conviction every game, town or mafia

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I think the rigidness of a full autocracy/full democracy plan is going to screw the town over more than anything. I don't think it's good to flip to a dictatorship immediately. Why not try to set up a town lead democracy, if things turn sour(too many night kills, council starts to look imbalanced, etc) we flip to autocracy and make the most of it. Ooglie is right in saying that we're not playing a full percentages game, we can use social cues to weed out who is anti-town.

Notty has conviction every game, town or mafia
She has a tendency to sit back and be distant as Mafia

Like think back to last game where she kept saying "this will happen and town will win but if you're okay with that fine"

She wasn't invested in town at all and she didn't go in on anyone with her sharp logic and dig into them with that kind of sharp irony like she does when she's town

That's the patten for Notty's playstyles in my mind at least and right now it matches closer to town than Mafia so I lean towards town reading her

Sploorky

Reaction score
She has a tendency to sit back and be distant as Mafia

Like think back to last game where she kept saying "this will happen and town will win but if you're okay with that fine"

She wasn't invested in town at all and she didn't go in on anyone with her sharp logic and dig into them with that kind of sharp irony like she does when she's town

That's the patten for Notty's playstyles in my mind at least and right now it matches closer to town than Mafia so I lean towards town reading her
I don't know if I agree with you about that but I honestly do not analyze people's play patterns to the extent you do, so I can't really draw evidence or points to argue against that

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
i kinda just want to see how this night plays out, since we never rlly got through that stage last time

i must admit, some post were quite long so i've been skimming through some of them. what i don't like about notty's plan is, like i said before, nothing ever goes as planned. if we make a plan now that tells us what to do couple days from now, the scenario will likely be different. on the contrary i do agree we need a drastic change of plan from last time.

knowing how the council played out last time, i realized that the plan was very flawed (concerns have been shared/discusses by others, but if need be i cant go into a bit more detail in another post). iirc there is an adapting plan going round

I think mass-claiming is way to drastic to do right off the bet. I'd be down for a scenario where we make some claims, and install a proven townie as dictator, preferably without mafia knowing who it is going to be. If we want some PR's to claim without to great a risk i have a couple ideas:
-ideally we have 5 PR claims, without them telling which PR they are. OFC this is never going to work, so maybe we make an adaptive plan of last time, WITH the dictator in mind.
-We make a list of 5 PR's, which arent too strong, so lowkey safe to claim, and 5 players claim to be one of those 5.
-Bulletproof should be in the mix (obvious reason being it's likely they wont become the dictator, meaning the mafia/rev can waste a kill if they try to hunt the dictator).
-I'm thinking reticent/vengeful would be nice to have in there again, them being kinda weak PR's.
-Protester is uselesss if we are going for dictator, so throw them into the bowl of soup.
-Last but not least: paranoid. Perhaps this role is too strong, but if the mafia decide to poison one of the 5 PR's, and the paranoid is poisoned, we'll know the identity of the poisoner.

anyhow lmk what you think

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
As a general rule of thumb: massclaims is usually a bad idea. Sure, it gives town valuable information so we can 'calculate' who's mafioso or at least who's likely to be it, but the mafia can also use the information for their advantage, and can predict nightactions for their advantage.
massclaims are literally almost always the best idea
like i swear every escres mass claim has worked out

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Since the number of "useful" town PRs in this game is rather small and I believe it would be unlikely for notty to suggest this plan as a civilian as it could result in her being lynched early on and as an avid mafia player I'm sure she wouldn't want that, I'd like Nottykitten to claim.
No
Also as per usual with massclaims those who suggest it should always claim first and this would solidify her as a proven townie if she were to claim pr and be uncc'd.
'Lets execute 4% of a plan that I'm arguing against while the town hasn't decided if this is the plan to do yet XDXDXDXDXDXD'. Yes let me claim my role and then have this game desolve into a non-massclaim dead democracy and we'll lose even harder your plans are always so sharp Aqua.

As I said in the post if notty is proven town it makes her suggested strategy far more trustworthy as there may not be some hidden flaw or tactic that she wishes to exploit LIKE LAST GAME.
Yeah the hidden flaw is that it's the only way for town to actually win this game, which is a flaw because this game is supposed to be unwinnable for town but I found the loophole suck it Priz.
No
No

No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No but with extra sarcasm
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No

Nottykitten rated inf's post funny, notty is here. Claim.
No

I'm currently confident that notty is mafia followed by very strong vibes on inf.

Waiting on a response from notty which probably won't come for a fair bit as she's tweaking her perfect response and any follow up responses in a google doc or something like she does when she gets called out (prime example Jolt & Claire's game)
A google doc hahahahaha, don't presume I play this game like you do. Also there is this thing called school which have a thing called deadlines and if I don't make those deadlines there is this thing called failing classes because you see some days I actually do have this thing called a life.

You are all quite hilarious with your 'massclaims are bad' and proceed to not be worried at all by how theres going to be 2-3 kills every single night and we won't be able to win even if we lynch all Mafia's in a row.

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
also you LITERALLY SAID YOU LIKE THE IDEA OF A MASS CLAIM 'JUST NOT NOW'
Yeah it's a valid strat but is better used later in the game to catch the maf/3p that slip through the cracks.

I think we're collectively competent enough to catch some scum with "vibes" or whatever before relying on game mechanics to whittle down the number of choices further.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Yeah it's a valid strat but is better used later in the game to catch the maf/3p that slip through the cracks.

I think we're collectively competent enough to catch some scum with "vibes" or whatever before relying on game mechanics to whittle down the number of choices further.
But vibes don't matter because 1 mislynch is all it takes for us to lose and that is only if somehow nobody dies to the granny.

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Nottykitten Honestly good luck with school stuff, I can relate to that stress.

Might I suggest checking the math on probability stuff though, if you're going to use it to support your plan?

Tbh even if we massclaim there's a shitton of night kills to deal with. Notty, would you mind doing a chart for what would happen if we lynched optimally during dictator rule, so we can compare it to the ones you made for democracy? If you can find the time, it'd be much appreciated.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
I think mass-claiming is way to drastic to do right off the bet. I'd be down for a scenario where we make some claims, and install a proven townie as dictator, preferably without mafia knowing who it is going to be. If we want some PR's to claim without to great a risk i have a couple ideas:
-ideally we have 5 PR claims, without them telling which PR they are. OFC this is never going to work, so maybe we make an adaptive plan of last time, WITH the dictator in mind.
-We make a list of 5 PR's, which arent too strong, so lowkey safe to claim, and 5 players claim to be one of those 5.
-Bulletproof should be in the mix (obvious reason being it's likely they wont become the dictator, meaning the mafia/rev can waste a kill if they try to hunt the dictator).
-I'm thinking reticent/vengeful would be nice to have in there again, them being kinda weak PR's.
-Protester is uselesss if we are going for dictator, so throw them into the bowl of soup.
-Last but not least: paranoid. Perhaps this role is too strong, but if the mafia decide to poison one of the 5 PR's, and the paranoid is poisoned, we'll know the identity of the poisoner.
so what if we had
5 of the most useless PRs claim (not saying which one of the 5 they are)
all villagers claim
remaining 8 useful PRs do not claim
elect the 5 useless PRs, install one as dictator
dictator goes through the villager claims (assuming theres more than 5)

important PRs remain hidden to avoid whatever conflict people have with a mass claim, guaranteed town dictator ship, mafia forced into claiming villager early (so a list is established) or be forced to counterclaim later on in the game by not claiming now

idk if someone already suggested this if they did soz!

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
so what if we had
5 of the most useless PRs claim (not saying which one of the 5 they are)
all villagers claim
remaining 8 useful PRs do not claim
elect the 5 useless PRs, install one as dictator
dictator goes through the villager claims (assuming theres more than 5)

important PRs remain hidden to avoid whatever conflict people have with a mass claim, guaranteed town dictator ship, mafia forced into claiming villager early (so a list is established) or be forced to counterclaim later on in the game by not claiming now

idk if someone already suggested this if they did soz!
this could also be kinda nice,

i think

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
A google doc hahahahaha, don't presume I play this game like you do. Also there is this thing called school which have a thing called deadlines and if I don't make those deadlines there is this thing called failing classes because you see some days I actually do have this thing called a life.

haHAA
Besides, it's illegal to have a life or do work when playing mafia, you of all people should know this <3

And I cba to quote all the nos, but why not?

Rather than trying to be funny, why don't you explain yourself?

'Lets execute 4% of a plan that I'm arguing against while the town hasn't decided if this is the plan to do yet XDXDXDXDXDXD'. Yes let me claim my role and then have this game desolve into a non-massclaim dead democracy and we'll lose even harder your plans are always so sharp Aqua.
We've already established the majority of the PR roles are none-essential and that you claiming your role would make your strategy much more believable in my eyes and I'm sure that of others too.

In the small unlikely situation you are an important town PR you've basically outed yourself anyway which is unfortunate but you might as well claim up so we can move forward.
You are all quite hilarious with your 'massclaims are bad' and proceed to not be worried at all by how theres going to be 2-3 kills every single night and we won't be able to win even if we lynch all Mafia's in a row.
Literally never said this. Besides Revolutionary can and likely will kill mafia, on top of the assassin town kill and the town doctor being able to protect those they deem townie depending on how good at reading people they are). and the Subversive being able to roleblock a potential maf if/when we shift to autocracy.

Hunter has pointed out the flaws in your math which you have casually ignored.

At this point if you are not elected as a rep tonight and lynched tomorrow I will be in a state of shock but then again you've managed to worm out of lynches before so I dread what will happen this game.

I hope I have support in saying claim or die from the other townies in this game because it's quite obviously the best course of action now.

One one two

Per aspera ad astra
Donor
Reaction score
Hey guys- I'll passively read the thread over the next few hours to completion and should be contributing by the end of the day. I'll say preemptively that my role might necessitate that I be saved by a doc or something at some point but admit I don't understand enough about it to say so affirmatively.