Realm of the Mad God

Specter2k11

Haunting People Since 2011
Reaction score
Economy is better this way. Items are being distributed more fairly and now people will focus more on playing than merching. I can care less about who dupes and an economy that should have never existed in this game in the first place. The only thing that differenciates pros from newbies now is skill. When its patched in time all the ammies will be broken by poor playing and the economy will eventualy return to its old crappy self.
Economy is better this way?
Well, migh as well give out everyone top tier items permanently anyways.

A few weeks later...

"We are announcing the complete wipe of every single inventory and vault of everyone in RotMG. We're also wiping all character stats etc. We're sorry but this is the only way we could restart the game fairly for all players. The main reason of this is because of the currently expanding item duplicating hacks which currently causing roghly 50% of the players to have 8/8 stats and T12 equipment in a very short time. I hope that all players would understand. WSS"(no. They haven't announced this... Yet...)

• Agree
Reactions: DarthLego5679

balloon98

The balloon that never pops
Reaction score
Economy is better this way?
Well, migh as well give out everyone top tier items permanently anyways.

A few weeks later...

"We are announcing the complete wipe of every single inventory and vault of everyone in RotMG. We're also wiping all character stats etc. We're sorry but this is the only way we could restart the game fairly for all players. The main reason of this is because of the currently expanding item duplicating hacks which currently causing roghly 50% of the players to have 8/8 stats and T12 equipment in a very short time. I hope that all players would understand. WSS"(no. They haven't announced this... Yet...)
Thats what I was afraid would happen at worst.(yes I had a nightmare about it don't make fun of me)
But thankfully the glitch was fixed (as I heard) so we wont need to worry

Kuyajer

Tyoping Legned
Reaction score
But thankfully the glitch was fixed (as I heard) so we wont need to worry
it was undone as when preforming the dupe glitch, you would have to get the "account in use" error, so what they did was kick you if that error happened. That was a common error though, so even if you weren't duping, you'd get kicked half the time whenever you'd enter a vault/realm/ect.

IamGreg07

Reaction score
Hm. As for my 2 cents on the matter..

First off, despite obviously being 'cheating' and in some ways unfair it actually brought a lot of good to the game. For starters, it got rid of Real World Trading, which was basically how many people you currently see on the Legend's list got there. People bought their wealth in the game; it was unfair to those who couldn't and to me was an unnecessary waste on items that don't last forever anyway. It also balanced the playerbase a lot. The majority of pro's in this game aren't nice people at all, but now they can't be smug about their wealth if everyone else is as rich now. And as a personal sidenote, while I love this game, I don't wanna play it forever. Just like with any other game you want to reach the highest level possible, so duping just speeds up the process by which my interest in the game goes.

People in my guild have become as rich as me without duping in all this. Chances are for most people, if you have any good item in this game, if traded for/picked up it will have most likely been duped at some point. Even if you don't dupe, you still possess an item which was, so it makes no real difference - you might as well have just duped it yourself. If this ruins the game for you, that's your opinion, but like it or not, duping and such a market is the norm now.

I agree that it has to go now, but I also respect it had to happen - it's certainly getting the new devs used to their job. In fixing it the first time they made the game even less playable, so now they're thinking of a different way. They can't rollback, and they should be aware that if they do an item wipe it will piss off a good majority of the playerbase to the extent of quitting. They'll find a solution, and things will slowly return to near-normal. Regardless, people need to be patient and, above all, lighten up.

It's just a free online game.

Vino

Fidget Spinner
Reaction score
From my perspective i play this game solely for having fun. I abused the poor market to 8/8 my rogue and get him in full gear with the help of friends of course. With him i got my huntress to 7/8 in under 5 days, completely from pot farming and eventing with my rogue. I dont think the game loses its fun becauses of this market, in fact, i think it creates more opportunities to have fun. But that is just one side of the story, all the duping has really done for me was get me back on my feet in this game, give me a WC just about every realm close, and give me a good laugh and very poor ammy breaks.

However i am also frustrated by it as well, seeing others with immense wealth who dont know how to use it as well as the lack of endgame content created by this causes a major downfall. As i said the economy will fix itself after a few weeks or so and we'll just have to deal with it until then, doubt there will be an inventory wipe but if there is it should be no big deal.

balloon98

Reaction score
Ok everyone I will be hosting a guild/blocktopia dungeon palooza ( I dont know needed a word) It will be on friday at 2:30 EST (3 and a half hours before the meeting) I have 755 gold to spend on keys that we can buy dungeons with although of course no pirate caves or sprite worlds since pirate caves are useless and sprite worlds are extremely easy to get in godlands.

Donations aren't necessary (you can if you want but I am not forcing) the server will be on USEast2 and we can meet near the place for leaving your guild. UNLESS no one out of the guild comes then we can all meet in guild hall.

This should be a good way to get more things going on in the guild rather than being by ourselves except for WC's

Vino

Fidget Spinner
Reaction score
Ok everyone I will be hosting a guild/blocktopia dungeon palooza ( I dont know needed a word) It will be on friday at 2:30 EST (3 and a half hours before the meeting) I have 755 gold to spend on keys that we can buy dungeons with although of course no pirate caves or sprite worlds since pirate caves are useless and sprite worlds are extremely easy to get in godlands.

Donations aren't necessary (you can if you want but I am not forcing) the server will be on USEast2 and we can meet near the place for leaving your guild. UNLESS no one out of the guild comes then we can all meet in guild hall.

This should be a good way to get more things going on in the guild rather than being by ourselves except for WC's
That sounds awesome and id love to run some dungeons. Also send me a PM later tonight, i still need to give you your life pot + some late fees.

Specter2k11

Haunting People Since 2011
Reaction score

TOMB RUN LOLOLOL
Good Luck with that 300k HP Boss :D

don't do it.

• Haha
Reactions: balloon98

balloon98

Reaction score
You guys are actually going to vote on which dungeons we do I am not sure if we could be able to do the more powerful dungeons unless we have high powered people like Ronaldo Golden Inferno and Nyx to come otherwise we would be screwed :p

properu

Pure Pro
Reaction score
List of things that have happened today:
-First time potting a character
-First time maxing a stat
-First time seeing Dying Thessal, first time getting a drop from Thessal
-First white bag (coral bow from coral gift)
-Second white bag (Crystal Wand :D)
I love RotMG
Edit:
-First time breaking an ammy
-Second time breaking an ammy
-Third time breaking an ammy
lolderp

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score

From one day, that makes me pretty jelly :3. All I've ever gotten from white bags was a Conflict drop and a few incs/cswords. Bleh, I'll get the luck back sometime soon hopefully.

Kuyajer

Tyoping Legned
Reaction score
List of things that have happened today:
-First time potting a character
-First time maxing a stat
-First time seeing Dying Thessal, first time getting a drop from Thessal
-First white bag (coral bow from coral gift)
-Second white bag (Crystal Wand :D)
I love RotMG
Well you're lucky! Unfourtunately, all UT's are worthless and you're not very likely to be able to sell them for a good amount of pots. before, if you got a cbow drop you could near 6/8 a character.

properu

Pure Pro
Reaction score
Well you're lucky! Unfourtunately, all UT's are worthless and you're not very likely to be able to sell them for a good amount of pots. before, if you got a cbow drop you could near 6/8 a character.
I plan on using all White Bag drops for my future characters :p