PVP Discussion (from Villages thread)

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
Fuck dat pvp protection.

Edit: Alright that post was a bit of a heat of the moment type of thing. Now thinking it over I guess I don't mind it too much but I am still a little annoyed that my hopes were brought up for a full pvp server in which we were promised, and then brought down like that. I would still prefer to have the server full pvp but it's not the end of the world, i'll be still playing tonnes :p

Faliara

Reaction score
I don't know what to think of the no PvP in villages. On one hand, if I decide to just stick around in a village I'd ultimately be safe, but on another it'd take away the feel of protecting your villagers from outsiders.

On the other hand, it costs 1500 Topians. That's very expensive. :eek:

Which means that until ANYONE gets 1500 Topians, raiding will be very, very frequent, and clearly there will be lots of this;

*prepares the cannons*

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
Come on now, the whole server's PvP! You can't let a few regions go without PvP? Show some compromise people! You got your wish, let the PvE folks have a little bit of peace and quiet, and if you want to raid and kill then don't get PvP protection on your town. Nobody's forcing you to get it!
They can build defenses they are not going to sit around eating potatoes are they? I agree to pre-built town protection and shop protection but not player town protection.

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: Xfolo and Henry

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Mean while as all hell breaks loose on this thread.
Believe me, I don't want this to turn into an argument! I don't want to go on this server to argue. I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty ready to play some Minecraft. Let's just be happy that everyone got a bit of what they wanted, eh?

• Optimistic
  • Informative
Reactions: Duffie and Henry

Sour_Lemon

Reaction score
Come on now, the whole server's PvP! You can't let a few regions go without PvP? Show some compromise people! You got your wish, let the PvE folks have a little bit of peace and quiet, and if you want to raid and kill then don't get PvP protection on your town. Nobody's forcing you to get it!
They can build defenses they are not going to sit around eating potatoes are they? I agree to pre-built town protection and shop protection but not player town protection.
I'm glad you agree with things Hockey. Good for you my friend. I for one am in complete agreement with this measure, and I'm sure many of us are growing pretty tired of this same group of people complaining about how nothing is right and how your idea is just perfect. Compromise is a good thing Hockey. You can't always get your way, and perhaps the people who called for a PvP server (and got a PvP server) should count their blessings and let the few of us who don't need to kill people for fun play Minecraft our own way.
I think that if there is village pvp protection, people will just stay in their village areas and never leave the confines of their safe haven just because there is a chance of being killed by another player. I think the server will turn out mostly pve like in JtE and will get boring after a few weeks. Raiding other village's bases is one of the best parts of full pvp.

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
I'm glad you agree with things Hockey. Good for you my friend. I for one am in complete agreement with this measure, and I'm sure many of us are growing pretty tired of this same group of people complaining about how nothing is right and how your idea is just perfect. Compromise is a good thing Hockey. You can't always get your way, and perhaps the people who called for a PvP server (and got a PvP server) should count their blessings and let the few of us who don't need to kill people for fun play Minecraft our own way.
I think that if there is village pvp protection, people will just stay in their village areas and never leave the confines of their safe haven just because there is a chance of being killed by another player. I think the server will turn out mostly pve like in JtE and will get boring after a few weeks. Raiding other village's bases is one of the best parts of full pvp.
I deleted my comment to avoid a pointless argument. This discussion is completely irrelevant to what this thread is supposed to be about. You've obviously got your opinions, and I've got mine. Sitting here blindly crushing eachother's skulls in solves nothing. I feel like we should respect the high staff's decision, and see this as a fair compromise. But we don't seem to agree, and that's fine. It just solves nothing to bicker.

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
I deleted my comment to avoid a pointless argument. This discussion is completely irrelevant to what this thread is supposed to be about. You've obviously got your opinions, and I've got mine. Sitting here blindly crushing eachother's skulls in solves nothing. I feel like we should respect the high staff's decision, and see this as a fair compromise. But we don't seem to agree, and that's fine. It just solves nothing to bicker.
We are asking to remove one thing from the server. It ruins what is promised to us as full PvP. Pre-built towns and Shops are fine but not player towns.

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
Sadly for those who disagree, this will not be removed. Reason for this being is it does not ruin what was promised, you can still PvP which is what was asked for. This is small thing that was added in an attempt to please as many people as possible since there are those in the community who like PvP and then there are those who don't. It's clear that not everyone can/will be happy with it but you have to understand the server is trying to appeal to everyone, not just those that crave the PvP. Raiding is still possible, it's just not the way you prefer it. superstein or JohnOgozalek can add more information on this decision (or maybe even consider otherwise) but let's wait to hear from them before starting an argument.

Also telling people to dislike a thread because you do is just...

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
Sadly for those who disagree, this will not be removed. Reason for this being is it does not ruin what was promised, you can still PvP which is what was asked for. This is small thing that was added in an attempt to please as many people as possible since there are those in the community who like PvP and then there are those who don't. It's clear that not everyone can/will be happy with it but you have to understand the server is trying to appeal to everyone, not just those that crave the PvP. Raiding is still possible, it's just not the way you prefer it. superstein or JohnOgozalek can add more information on this decision (or maybe consider otherwise) but let's wait before starting an argument.

JtE ran for 9 months what compromise is that from last server. Now we all get our hopes up for full PvP and get shut down. SMP4 closed due to lack of resources not player count.

Faliara

Reaction score
Sadly for those who disagree, this will not be removed. Reason for this being is it does not ruin what was promised, you can still PvP which is what was asked for. This is small thing that was added in an attempt to please as many people as possible since there are those in the community who like PvP and then there are those who don't. It's clear that not everyone can/will be happy with it but you have to understand the server is trying to appeal to everyone, not just those that crave the PvP. Raiding is still possible, it's just not the way you prefer it. superstein or JohnOgozalek can add more information on this decision (or maybe even consider otherwise) but let's wait to hear from them before starting an argument.

I have the solution.

Allow the mayor to enable and disable PvP in their villages.

THERE.

Sephhh

Supermegauber Foxy Fox!
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net

Many would opt for non-PvP in their villages, which will still result to the same reaction.

What I could just tell you guys is that please do suggest and comment in a more reasonable and smart manner, so the higher-ups may consider your suggestion and possibly change things. Please do also note that if things go wrong or downside like what you guys are saying, then there could be changes for this, like enabling PvP in villages after some time. What we want here is satisfaction and enjoyment for everyone, and do consider factors to please both parties and suggest options.

Faliara

Reaction score

Many would opt for non-PvP in their villages, which will still result to the same reaction.

What I could just tell you guys is that please do suggest and comment in a more reasonable and smart manner, so the higher-ups may consider your suggestion and possibly change things. Please do also note that if things go wrong or downside like what you guys are saying, then there could be changes for this, like enabling PvP in villages after some time. What we want here is satisfaction and enjoyment for everyone, and do consider factors to please both parties and suggest options.
When you state it like that...

Well, I'm not actually the type for PvP. However, I do know that some would actually like PvP in villages, for a more 'thrilling' feel. If I am wrong, then just dismiss this information.

I don't really have a clue why I'm stating this, as I'm actually jumping in joy at the 'no PvP in villages' part, but I guess I just saw a few people wanting complete PvP and suggested this.

• Love
Reactions: Sephhh

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
(Just added this to my post above). Alright that post was a bit of a heat of the moment type of thing. Now thinking it over I guess I don't mind it too much but I am still a little annoyed that my hopes were brought up for a full pvp server in which we were promised, and then brought down like that. I would still prefer to have the server full pvp but it's not the end of the world, i'll be still playing tonnes :p

Q

Qube

JtE ran for 9 months what compromise is that from last server. Now we all get our hopes up for full PvP and get shut down. SMP4 closed due to lack of resources not player count.

What? No it didn't.

Im not sure what world you have been living on, but the SMP4 i played and staffed on closed because it had HUGE lack of players in the end amongst other reasons. As pretty much EVERY singe PVP server we have had before it did in the end. Please don't speak about stuff as if you know it when you had ZERO involvement in it.

SMP4 closed because:
1, There was nobody playing it in the end, as goes with most SMP servers after a while. (Heck JTE had more players for longer than most servers before it)
2, There was a constant abuse of PVP and drama surrounding it when people where playing it. (Hence point 3 and sort of point 2, not the biggest reason but it was there.)
3, Marnixxie wanted to try pleasing more people than just those who like PVP and try something new more RP-ish so Elysium was born. (Main reason)

SURE there was less resources in the end of SMP4, but it was NOT the reason it closed down, and using SMP4 as a prime example of PVP working is wrong, it didn't work perfectly there and did not have a constant high number of players.

And really, JTE had a 10% PVP zone. This server will probably be 90-95% PVP zone. Comparing these is just stupid, and to think that the Directors can only please you and the people that love PVP is even more stupid.

/Rant

Saw GMK's post now, wooppps

gay vampire

Little Miss Organs
Reaction score
Guys, is pvp protection the ONLY thing that we are focusing on in this thread? I think, as others have already expressed, it's about time to move on to the other features and such, as this plugin has many more features/effects than simply PVP protection.

I'm gonna be excited to play this and see what villages pop up; I've always dreamed of ruling my own village with an iron fist.

• Agree
Reactions: Nottykitten