PVP Discussion (from Villages thread)

Inon

Roses are red, violets are blue
Donor
Reaction score
Just coming in to confirm as a person who'll be playing the server, I am in fact looking forward to the PVP mechanics. While I don't really care what they are, safe zones are always nice to have.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Hockey, you state that full PvP would make the server better and more popular, but when Elysium had full PvP...it had a total of 1 player on most times.
It never had full PvP... Just drop it. Other player can confirm it had no PvP.

http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/weekend-of-war.13562/

It did happen, though I suspect your both going to end up vastly exaggerating your sides rather than trying to get any factual information you can use.
May I just add, during the weekend of full PvP I don't remember seeing any more people online then normal, maybe even less at certain times.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
It never had full PvP... Just drop it. Other player can confirm it had no PvP.

It did happen, though I suspect your both going to end up vastly exaggerating your sides rather than trying to get any factual information you can use.
May I just add, during the weekend of full PvP I don't remember seeing any more people online then normal, maybe even less at certain times.
Most people that played JtE at that time didnt even like PvP :p

Sour_Lemon

Reaction score
I don't understand how debating something and trying to foster change is considered as "bitching". But I do understand that I won't win fighting city hall and that this won't change. I am still looking forward to playing Discordia though.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Hockeyfan1852

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score

Most people that played JtE at that time didnt even like PvP :p
The population for that week was roughly the same as usual, it's just that a few regulars stopped coming on because of the pvp and a few people who really wanted to pvp joined to have their hopes crushed.

Iguana

lmao i have a title
Reaction score
once someone gets full prot 4 diamond armour then its absolutely pointless to even try to fight them without equal armour or lava+sneak attack

even full prot 4 iron can hardly take on unenchanted diamond and this is from watching players when i staffed servers that were in the multiple hundreds of people online at any given time

the logs were thrown into the shitfest fire, and thus the flame war continues

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
once someone gets full prot 4 diamond armour then its absolutely pointless to even try to fight them without equal armour or lava+sneak attack

even full prot 4 iron can hardly take on unenchanted diamond and this is from watching players when i staffed servers that were in the multiple hundreds of people online at any given time

Strength 2 is super over powered and does a lot to protection 4.

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score

Most people I know including myself always carried a strength II pot with their prot IV armour on JtE even if there wasn't pvp.

• Agree
Reactions: RyanDodd

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score

Lava also does very little to prot 4 because it ticks for small amounts in the first place. And yeah, I pointed out in a previous smp thread that diamond gear is the real culprit. It's absurdly protective and durable.

Butamou

Grandmason
Contributor
Reaction score
/Gamerule KeepInventory True

Problem solved. Let the arguments begin!

But in all serious, I'm very eager to see this new server :)
So let's wait until the server has been released before we say there are things wrong with it.

Iguana

lmao i have a title
Reaction score
make a hierarchy of importance in list form and make it like runescape where if you die and have not been in combat recently you keep like 3 items (5 different slots (this can include stacks) in this case), and if you have been in combat you lose everything except 1 item that is most important!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Winner
Reactions: Henry and Friendy

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
I think I have idea on utilizing PvP in villages: It could be used as trap chunks for raiders, where they could be freely killed.
Well, if raider would be fully armed/equipped top quality PvPr, then it would take a while to get rid of him in that trap.

I marked layout of villages PvE zone with green dots on minimap as one of examples.
That village would have 5x5 chunks with 4 trap chunks.

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
I think I have idea on utilizing PvP in villages: It could be used as trap chunks for raiders, where they could be freely killed.
Well, if raider would be fully armed/equipped top quality PvPr, then it would take a while to get rid of him in that trap.

I marked layout of villages PvE zone with green dots on minimap as one of examples.
Don't quite get what you're trying to say, you're saying that each village with 5x5 chunks would have 4 trap chunks to "trap" PvPers? How would it detect that only PvPers would get trapped, what if it was a villager that lives there or a non-hostile trader/player?

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com

Don't quite get what you're trying to say, you're saying that each village with 5x5 chunks would have 4 trap chunks to "trap" PvPers? How would it detect that only PvPers would get trapped, what if it was a villager that lives there or a non-hostile trader/player?
No, I said that as example, how you can use PvP for traps.

F

Fjm12

Solution:
Turn on PvP in my kingdom while I'm on, turn it off when I log out.
I love PvP and I like the idea of defending what I've built, but what I don't like is logging on after work only to find my kingdom that I worked oh-so-hard to build in complete shambles and I didn't even get the chance to defend it.

Reaction score
are villages allowed to build close to each other? if not, then you'd have ample battlegrounds in between villages...

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
are villages allowed to build close to each other? if not, then you'd have ample battlegrounds in between villages...
Well, "Common sense"

Since common sense seems not so common on the interwebs i'll say what I think.

build atleast 50 blocks from a place where some one live, and 30 blocks from a playermade structure that is not inhabited.