Map Improvement Thread

Gameprochampion

Got the moves like Jagger!
Reaction score
Please post maps you'd like to be improved and how you want it improved. Like in a map which you'd like to have the lava deadly etc.

Format:
Map Name:
Suggested Improvement:
Suggested way to fix it:

Thank you :D

Reactions: Hunter

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
We now have the ability to specify degrees of where you spawn when the server randomizes your spawn, i.e, /goto

If you find situations where you spawn facing walls, please point out said maps here so we can adjust them, :)

Amorix

Reaction score
Map Name: Evil
Suggested Improvement: Raise lava, randomly spawn player on tower, forcing them to play.
Suggested way to fix it: disable pistols and other upgrades.
See, I can play this game, too.

0x3c0

Donor
Reaction score
Map name: CTF-Waterfalls
Suggested improvement: /goto tweak
Suggested way to fix: the spawning isn't adjusted.

Already mentioned this to Raz, but I'm pretty sure I'll forget the map name if I sleep without noting it down.

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
Map Name: All random spawn maps, including random of x spawn maps as listed on the wiki
Suggested improvement: goto tweak
Suggested way to fix: At all references on 'goto' on maps with entirely random spawns, add the term $rnd(0,255) at the end of them to determine a random angle. I.e, SwordBase On maps with specified spawns to be randomly selected, adjust the final angle accordingly. I.e, Anubis.

Map Name: All CTF maps excluding: CTF-Oriental and CTF-Cynosure
Suggested improvement; goto tweak
Suggested way to fix: Adjust all gotos to a specific angle based on where they spawn.

P

poas

FYI, Evil just did get a modification. It's now a No Build map. So you can only use weapons in it, and no other blocks! Isn't that wonderful?!
......... i now know that your sexiness is a disguise for evilness.

DJJonosound

Ex CTNT/PTNT Op
Reaction score
Map Name: Evil
Suggested Improvement: Destroy it.
Suggested way to fix it: Throw it on a spike, kick it, feed it to a horse.
roxachao, I must stress, the map is called EVIL, that implies that it is EVIL!
Dictionary definition:
evil |ˈēvəl|:
adjective
profoundly immoral and malevolent: his evil deeds | no man is so evil as to be beyond redemption.
• (of a force or spirit) embodying or associated with the forces of the devil: we have been driven out of the house by this evil spirit.
• harmful or tending to harm: the evil effects of high taxes.
• (of something seen or smelled) extremely unpleasant: a bathroom with an evil smell.
Look at the 3rd result (Highlighted)
The whole point of the map is to be EVIL, and there are also about another 100 maps in rotation, so that is a 1/100 chance of playing it. You have nothing to complain about. If you dont like it, you can just /ragequit or sit out. And if you REALLY hate it why dont you make a map called "Nice" and out lots of rainbows and fluffy clouds...
As far as I am concerned all the staff like it, and KingSam loves it, so he will keep it.

There is my rant.
~DJJonosound