Map Improvement Thread

peckypeck903

Reaction score
Map Name: Botanical
Suggested Improvement: Make cannons not point at spawn.
Suggested way to fix it: Move cannons elsewhere.

Map Name: Trenches
Suggested Improvement: Less spawn killing.
Suggested way to fix it: Random spawns or floating spawns.

EDIT: More

Map Name: Legoforts
Suggested Improvement: Decrease amount of spawn killing kicks due to standing on the spawn (the top of the spawn's castle)
Suggested way to fix it: Remove the spawn's zone from the top of the castle, make the spawn more noticeable, hard to access.

Map Name: MiniDarkPassage (And maybe the normal rotation)
Suggested Improvement: Cannot place blocks on adminium walls
Suggested way to fix it: Add a layer of bedrock

Map Name: WaterFacility
Suggested Improvement: Remove water elevators up to spawn, less chance of spawn killing
Suggested way to fix it: --

Reactions: Amorix

Kloud_Strife

TNT Drama Queen
Reaction score
A note: This isn't one of those super-urgent FIX IMMEDIATELY improvements, just something that could make the gameplay on this map a little better.
Map Name: Ctf-Corridors
Suggested Improvement: Making it so that it is impossible to blockade the entrance to the flag rooms: The only way to get through is to glitch through blocks when this happens.
Suggested way to fix it: The only way I can see this being done without completely changing the spawn is to make it nobuild, which I don't believe would change the mechanics on corridors too much, unless nobuild somehow overrides zones (according to pi it does not), which, if so, would remove the tactical advantage of being able to place weapons in your home base, I.E. not something anyone wants.

(Has anyone considered stickying this thread?)

0x3c0

Donor
Reaction score
I hadn't considered stickying it..then I did, so I did.
I probably should have clarified though - I got it backwards. If nobuild is on, it overrides zones which would allow players to place blocks. If nobuild is off (players are allowed to build), this will not override zones which prevent that user from building. If a player hasn't been added to a zone, they are not allowed to place weapons in that zone regardless of any tntonly, nobuild or cherryonly settings.

CTF-Corridors also needs a slight spawnzone tweak as well - if a WoM user jumps on top of a block below the other team's spawn, they get kicked.

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Map Name: Spherical
Suggested Improvement: Fix the corridor stairways.
Suggested way to fix it: Make the stairs actually stairs, and make the ceiling higher. Widening the tunnels could also improve this map.

Kloud_Strife

TNT Drama Queen
Reaction score
Map Name: Ctf-Hamlet
Suggested Improvement: Disable portals. I'm not sure if it's hamlet or all ctfs, but the last round someone was able to place a portal there, soooo...
Suggested way to fix it: Fairly obvious, use the magic portal disabling command.

pjaj

Reaction score
Map Name: AirBase
Suggested Improvement: spawns too low, meaning it requires portals to randomize spawns (apparently) therefore meaning putting cannons on the helicopters would be considered spawncannons (due to random spawns), also tunnels are currently pointless, due to the ground not being opblocks/adminium underneath the grass. also having some sort of stairs to the bridge (if ground was adminium/opblocks under grass not needed).
Suggested way to fix it: raise spawns as much as possible, remove randomising portal, add cannons, opblocks/adminium around tunnels (or make tunnels deeper with stairs going down to under the existing adminium for tunnels).

EDIT: the whole idea of that map came from the idea of jumping out of the back of a plane and falling down to the ground

VeryHighUp

Reaction score
Map Name: Underground
Suggested Improvement: Make the spawns more distinguished, since last round a lot of people were kicked for spawnkilling (even me) by entering the spawn not knowing it was the spawn.
Suggested way to fix it: Put the team colours on the spawn, maybe make a random spawn on it or make the spawns easier to notice.

• Agree
Reactions: Celebrir

Stieben

Reaction score
Map Name: MiniUtopia
Suggested Improvement: I've found that people were able to put TNT blocks inside the spawn area. This map has a spawn that forces you to jump into a portal and then puts you at a random spot on the map. The blue spawn and the red spawn are located only 2 blocks away from each other and I've seen someone got a triple kill by placing a TNT between the spawns. I saw the TNT block myself and it exploded right in my face, causing the triple kill. So there is something not quite right.
Suggested way to fix it: Make the 'air' in the spawn area different (Op_air?) so that people can't place any weapons in there anymore.

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Map Name: MiniUtopia
Suggested Improvement: I've found that people were able to put TNT blocks inside the spawn area. This map has a spawn that forces you to jump into a portal and then puts you at a random spot on the map. The blue spawn and the red spawn are located only 2 blocks away from each other and I've seen someone got a triple kill by placing a TNT between the spawns. I saw the TNT block myself and it exploded right in my face, causing the triple kill. So there is something not quite right.
Suggested way to fix it: Make the 'air' in the spawn area different (Op_air?) so that people can't place any weapons in there anymore.
LagWarrior Alkatraz

peckypeck903

Reaction score
Map Name: Solemn, Solemn, Solemn
Suggested Improvement: To change the spawn point of the one that's closest to the ground.
Suggested way to fix it: Raise it higher to prevent spawn killing kicks and actual spawn killing.
Note:
Code:
[16:26] <@TNTBot> Jayayari was auto-kicked for spawn killing.
[16:28] <@TNTBot> deivids08 was auto-kicked for spawn killing.
[16:28] <@TNTBot> gibsonkr was auto-kicked for spawn killing.
[16:29] <@TNTBot> dsg2806 was auto-kicked for spawn killing.
[16:32] <@TNTBot> dragonking200116 was auto-kicked for spawn killing.
[16:35] <@TNTBot> jorchez was auto-kicked for spawn killing.
[16:35] <@TNTBot> stickman1308 was auto-kicked for spawn killing.

GrantaClause

Santa's Evil Twin
Reaction score
Map Name: CTF-Corridors
Suggested Improvement: Fix red spawn zones.
Suggested way to fix it:I'm not sure which version it was, but I just got spawn kicked twice on this map while jumping around the flag room.

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Map: CTF-Monotonous
Suggested Improvement: In flag room walls, turn grey into adminium walls.
Reasoning: I saw many glitchers breaking blocks to get the flag then run away, place tnt and run, and even fully glitch through them. It's cheap since so many do it it gets "monotonous" (heh) to keep having to warn everyone who does it and I had to spend half of the game aka'ing against the wall warning people.
Suggested Way To Fix: Replace grey wool with adminium, and possibly glass too so it can't have tnt or flag caps from outside.

• Agree
Reactions: DarthLego5679

0x3c0

Donor
Reaction score
At the moment, CTF-Strongholds' portals and gates are broken. I've done the easy bit in the static portals from the flag room down, but haven't touched the main portal up into the flag room. When I get home tomorrow evening I'll try to make the changes but if anybody else can get there first to make the fix, some help would be much appreciated. The random coordinates for the portals up to the flag room are

Blue:
21 90 27 128
17 90 27 128
17 90 37 0
21 90 37 0

Red:
110 90 26 128
106 90 26 128
106 90 37 0
110 90 37 0

Alkatraz might have the original coordinates, along with the script for the gates.