Map Improvement Thread

Amorix

Reaction score
Honest improvement suggestion this time:

Map Name: Evil
Suggested Improvement: Fix the lava.
Suggested way to fix it: If a nuke is launched, lava will be destroyed. This traps people in holes. Make it to where the lava can't be destroyed.

Alkatraz

Reaction score
Honest improvement suggestion this time:
Map Name: Evil
Suggested Improvement: Fix the lava.
Suggested way to fix it: If a nuke is launched, lava will be destroyed. This traps people in holes. Make it to where the lava can't be destroyed.
Added a zone on the lava so it cannot be destroyed on both Evil and MiniEvil. It shouldn't be necessary on Eviler, as there is a lot of depth to most of the lava.

0x3c0

Donor
Reaction score
Map Name: CTF:WoodWorm​
Suggested Improvement: Fix the portals and make it nobuild​
Suggested way to fix it: Make it nobuild, and move the portals up about seven blocks​
I've moved them up a little, and that seems to be working. I've left nobuild out because I'm not sure about it - I'll see how it plays in the next few days.

Kloud_Strife

TNT Drama Queen
Reaction score
Map Name: KOTH-Suntemple
Suggested Improvement: Make the spawns more clear (people who have also played ctf-suntemple may have trouble making the distinction between the spawns on maps.)
Suggested way to fix it: Mark the spawns out with bedrock and/or change them to the same style that ctf-suntemple has.

Reaction score
Map Name: Guradian
Suggested Improvement: Less Accidental Spawn Killing
Suggested way to fix it: Get rid of the stairs all together.

Alkatraz

Reaction score
Map Name: KOTH-Suntemple
Suggested Improvement: Make the spawns more clear (people who have also played ctf-suntemple may have trouble making the distinction between the spawns on maps.)
Suggested way to fix it: Mark the spawns out with bedrock and/or change them to the same style that ctf-suntemple has.
KOTH-SunTemple is gone! I too had noticed people getting kicked for thinking the spawns were the same.

Map Name: Guradian
Suggested Improvement: Less Accidental Spawn Killing
Suggested way to fix it: Get rid of the stairs all together.
We've been discussing possible changes to Guardian (as opposed to removing it), but I'm not sure how is best to change it and still keep the general idea.

helloworld111

Reaction score
Map Name: Towers
Suggested Improvement: Remove the adminium stairs in the centre castle for each side (they lead right to spawn)
Suggested way to fix it: Remove it

Kloud_Strife

TNT Drama Queen
Reaction score
Map Name: Minictf-Getoffmylawn
Suggested improvements: Portals need to be removed, and spawn needs to be random (A feature that all ctf has, and a feature that all minimaps have.) Would reduce the spawnkilling kicks from people that were just pillaring towards the flag.
Suggested way to fix it: Err... Make the spawn random and make it impossible to place portals?

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Map Name: Minictf-Getoffmylawn
Suggested improvements: Portals need to be removed, and spawn needs to be random (A feature that all ctf has, and a feature that all minimaps have.) Would reduce the spawnkilling kicks from people that were just pillaring towards the flag.
Suggested way to fix it: Err... Make the spawn random and make it impossible to place portals?
Spawns stayas they are, (they are already random of 2), it is designed this way and doing fine.
And not all minimaps and ctf maps have them ;]
And about the portals, sure they should have been removed.

Amorix

Reaction score
Map Name: BlackOut TNT
Improvement: The spikes don't seem to work right.
Fix: Falling in them seems to let you live until you jump. Should be fixed so they just kill you if you fall in.

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Map Name: BlackOut TNT
Improvement: The spikes don't seem to work right.
Fix: Falling in them seems to let you live until you jump. Should be fixed so they just kill you if you fall in.
The reason why it does not instant-kills you is mainly because you have "activated" another cmdblock, and it will only run one cmdblock at once, so you have to wait till the cmdblock has finished.

Kloud_Strife

TNT Drama Queen
Reaction score
Map Name: Guardian
Suggested Improvement: Make it not so spawnkilly.
Suggested way to fix it: I've seen ops on the round make a sort of rampart on the stairs, which reduces the spawnkilling quite effectively. So I would suggest that.

Alkatraz

Reaction score
The spawns of Underground are not very distinct, resulting in a lot of auto-kicks. My suggestion is that they be made more obvious so less people are spawn kicked.
They can't be completely random I don't think as there is lava under the gaps.
I personally am more in favour of somehow moving and making the spawns clearer. Perhaps making the building slightly taller with a clear indication that it is the red/blue spawn.
If anyone has any ideas, please post them or PM me.

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
They can't be completely random I don't think as there is lava under the gaps.
I personally am more in favour of somehow moving and making the spawns clearer. Perhaps making the building slightly taller with a clear indication that it is the red/blue spawn.
If anyone has any ideas, please post them or PM me.
I meant it the SwordBase way of random spawns :3